It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found someone on the net impersonating me.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Our law firm will be taking care of this, we will not stand for our Member's work being abused in this way.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I dont podcast but i can certainly understand why those that do are pissed off. It seems staff is already taking care of the issue, the way it should be taken care of, legally. Good work guys

Id also like to say to makeitso, the posts of yours that ive read go beyond the usual call, and once again, your research is astounding. I wish i had a WATS, it would be yours.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This pisses me off. I hope that Springers people get this worked out.
I don't mind my PodCasts out on other sites with my permission.
Now where's our money!!
:

EveryZing Advertising Program
It's simple! You create the account; we put it in front of quality users and help you to monetize it with ads. And it's FREE.

How it works. We serve a short relevant video playback ad when an online user plays an audio or video file from EveryZing search results. The ad plays the first time a user either clicks to play from the beginning or decideds to "jump-to" one of the snippet results on your content. Even if you have just audio files, EveryZing will still serve a video ad.

We connect your content to advertisers based on search terms or what is actually "in" your content. We'll keep track of it and you can login to you account to view it.

To begin making money with EveryZing, you must first sign up, review the Advertising Agreement, and create aFREE account. Sign-up now.

EveryZing will begin serving up ads in the Fall of 2007. Get in Early!
www.everyzing.com/advertisingProgram.jsp

[edit on 9/8/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
As far as we can tell, EveryZing.com has downloaded all of our podcasts, recompressed them, and is serving them from their own server(s)... so this is clearly theft of content, no matter what their site says.

We're going to demand removal of all ATS content immediately.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Now where's our money!!

Damn. i find it infinitely depressing that other people seem to be able to get cash from crap I have made, and I find it hard enough to even get comments.

I think this marks the end of my podcasting adventures.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

Originally posted by Sauron
Now where's our money!!

Damn. i find it infinitely depressing that other people seem to be able to get cash from crap I have made, and I find it hard enough to even get comments.

I think this marks the end of my podcasting adventures.

[semisarcasm]but.....

think of the children. they will need your podcasts in the future. stop being so selfish.[/semisarcasm]

seriously. the commercial pyramid has had it's cap restored. the way to true power is no longer financial, but memetic.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Thanks guys for being so quick with the response on this. What can we all expect as to the longevity of this process? Is it one of those things that will take weeks or months to resolve?

The reason that I'm asking is because I was thinking of starting a 'Cast... Just wanna make sure that in the event that I do that the thing won't end up elsewhere.

Looking forward to the results of this.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I say hit them with an intellectual property rights lawsuit on behalf of the ATS members

50k a piece would sit quite nicely for all the people they've tried to rip off.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Either:

Everyone make a podcast naming and shaming them so they get auto added to the next round, OR the easier way:

Add something like "Listen to this original podcast by 'username' on ATS AboveTopSecret.com".

Problem solved, built-in copyright notice.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Oh, its the programming making it and ripping it from the RSS:

www.fastcompany.com...:

Harnessing 30 years' worth of government-funded R&D in speech recognition--the company is a spin-off of BBN Technologies, a high-tech military contractor that helped create ARPANET, forerunner of the Internet--PodZinger spiders the Web looking for videos and dissects RSS feeds for updates. When it finds a match, it uses voice recognition (juiced by algorithms known as "hidden Markov models" that bet on the probability of a word given its pronunciation and grammatical context) to create a rough transcript of the audio, then classifies the content by topic.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I know I have never podcasted, but I have a suggestion. Maybe we could ask the members if they would like their podcast to earn money to go to ATS. Like money for maintaning the site, member incentives, contests, etc.

This would be a good way to bring back some contests, or even get some more advertising for ATS.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by secret titan
I know I have never podcasted, but I have a suggestion. Maybe we could ask the members if they would like their podcast to earn money to go to ATS. Like money for maintaning the site, member incentives, contests, etc.

Every post or podcast we whip out makes money for ATS, our lineage here feeds this place. It's funny some people not noticed the online marketing and advertising going on here lol. Look at the animated advertising or NOW in the media.. C2C
.... I've known this before throwing up my stuff lol, but... if everyzing is leaching off of ATS, they are leaching away money from ATS. SkepticOverlord put it best, clearly theft of content.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by secret titan

This would be a good way to bring back some contests, or even get some more advertising for ATS.

You mean you actually have an idea to turn this into something else such as a revenue stream instead of stomping them into the ground?

Why that's just crazy talk!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We're going to demand removal of all ATS content immediately.

Thank You! This is very disturbing. We're lucky ATS is a site where the owners/admins take things like this seriously. I haven't done a PODCast since December of last year, but I plan on getting back into it when the weather turns cold again, and I don't want someone going around ripping the stuff off without giving proper credit.

[edit on 8/10/2007 by DCFusion]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ejsaunders
Add something like "Listen to this original podcast by 'username' on ATS AboveTopSecret.com".

Problem solved, built-in copyright notice.

Hmmm ... not a bad idea, not bad at all.

While there's really no way to prevent future incidence of such egregious efforts, it would make them all the more blatantly obvious. (?)

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion
We're lucky ATS is a site where the owners/admins take things like this seriously.

Serious as a heart attack. The legal bills this is costing us prove it...
I simply HATE thieves.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I was planning on making a podcast today, can I say "this podcast cannot be copied or put on any other site as that is theft of content. If you need to know why it is theft of content just see the thread on (the thread's URL) and look and see why that is not a good or smart idea to do" somewhere in the podcast? I'm not joking, I was searching for "maverickhunter" on google and I got a lot of podcasting sites that stole podcasts from other sites and they had a lot of mine on their sites so I stopped making podcasts for a long time so I want to put some warning up there so that they will know not to take the podcast. Can I do that?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Mav, I'm not educated thoroughly enough in the ways of copyright law, but I'd imagine that that would fall well within the acceptable limits of protecting oneself from theft of work. Just make sure to include your name in the disclaimer, and let them know for what site you're broadcasting. I know that's all mandatory anyway, but I was just being redundant to cover all possible options available.

If any of what I've said is incorrect, could someone please correct me?

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I've seen my own ATS podcasts on other podcast feeds. Most of the time, I see an ATS type of reference. Some times, I do not. It may be necessary for ATS to see where this stuff isactually going. I don't know. When I make my podcasts, I always try to slip in a specific reference to Above Top Secret dot-com in the beginning, in the middle, and near the end. that way, any clever dog who wants to try and edit will have their work cut out for them.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I was planning on making a podcast today, can I say "this podcast cannot be copied or put on any other site as that is theft of content. If you need to know why it is theft of content just see the thread on (the thread's URL) and look and see why that is not a good or smart idea to do" somewhere in the podcast?

Why not just start your podcast saying "Hey I'm MavrickHunter podcasting on Above Top Secret Dot Com..."

I'm not joking, I was searching for "maverickhunter" on google and I got a lot of podcasting sites that stole podcasts from other sites and they had a lot of mine

I just googled your name and the fifth link was I found someone on the net impersonating me.

I want to put some warning up there so that they will know not to take the podcast.

Both Springer and SkepticOverlord said they are taking care of this. Let them do that and you have fun podcasting.
The people who steal stuff know they steal stuff. Just as people who steal car stereos know what they are doing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join