It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus is real, why did he choose earth?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
Why do I have to believe? It's entirely possible that we are the only life, let alone the only intelligent life. Who knows? We don't know that the universe or whateververse is infinite at all. We can only hypothesize. And in doing so, it's important that we don't take any of our hypotheses for granted.
And yes, there could be life out there. Again, who knows? Not me, and certainly not you.

Thanks for the entertainment! AnD four korekting mI hoar-able speling!

Nobody said you had to believe.
The ape species called Humans are far from the only (look at the quotes here) "intelligent" life in the Multiverse.
But who knows? Certainly not me, thats for sure

[edit on 4-8-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
You guys are using the Bible as a reference when it's pretty well known that it's been 'edited' or 'revised' over time.... you know things like 'New King James Version'

The New King James Version (NKJV) is a modern Protestant translation of the Bible published by Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Anglicized edition was originally known as the Revised Authorised Version, but the NKJV title is now used universally.

That's as far as I'll go into Christianity, as I don't want to upset anyone and start a back and forth argument on this thread that goes nowhere.

But, how do we know that Jesus(Or something to that effect) hasn't been on other planets? It's not like we have a scholar from Neptune coming down to teach us about being 'saved' by their 'Jesus'. But if they ever do I expect it to be like the mock 700 Club on South Park trying to bring Jesus to the Marklar people with their intergalactic cruiser.

And I would be pretty bummed if we're the only beings anywhere everywhere.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   

It is worth being a lamb of God, if it means that you are an unthinking sheep? Is it worth ignorance and abandoning self-thought?

It makes me wonder.

hehe, I think you don't know what I really mean. This person making a personal attack on someone else's opinion.

To even make my point more clear ... I don't think we are the only intelligent life out there ... which is the exact reason he called someone else a 'sheep'. This term is over-used here. It is not an arguing point.

In fact, if you really know what I think about a lot of issues, you wouldn't find me to be a 'sheeple' ... but instead, I have my eyes rather open.

No matter what you believe, you have no right to demean another. A person of no moral value has no value as a person. If you can't respect someone else who disagrees with you, you should not expect anyone else, even those that agree with you, to show you respect either.

I was mainly playing the Lamb of God ... to the sheep phrase ... since this is a forum with religion in the title.

I may not agree with those who believe in reptilians, but I don't spout hate towards them ... and I don't expect them to call me a sheep. Because I know how a rotary engine works, I don't call people who think that the only viable engine we have is piston a sheep ... especially since most of the piston pushers don't realize there was a Corvette made to have a rotary (there is one in existance, but they changed their minds) ... and the DeLorean was suppose to have a rotary as well. Search, it is well known.

I guess since you were not 'thinking' enough at the moment, I have to explain it to you. Who is the lemming now? Yes, I am joking with you, since you made an assumption without thinking to a deeper level ... which is easy to do and it may be quite late where you are.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
because he had no choice because he was some random guy born on earth that was later turned into a part of a trinitarian deity.

or because some jews in the iron age said so and started a new religion around it. that's pretty much why.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
Heres a thought. The way I understand scripture, Jesus was sent by God to redeme man of sin. Sin by humans was first concieved in the Garded of Eden upon eating from the tree of knowledge, good and evil. The falling away of man. Maybe we are the only ones in the universe that took that fruit, metaphoricaly speaking, thus a need for a savior, Jesus Christ. Who knows. ?

yeah, because we were sinning, we lost track on God Himself. Somehow, looking the other way. JESUS showed us the way again; and proved how true and pure it is. Then He died for our sins. Somehow this last phrase I don't typically understand how that cameth. I think it's something we must truly accept as then we 'believe' in. Somehow our sins were forgiven that way? kind of an ackward way is it not?

[edit on 4-8-2007 by etherical waterwave]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
I find myself trying to wrap my head around this idea. If god's spirit was really born into a man, why Jesus? Why humans? Why earth? Out of all the other possible inhabitable planets with intelligent beings, what makes us so special? Has Jesus been to every inhabited planet to die and be resurected?

And please don't tell me that we are the only intelligent beings living on the only inhabitable planet in the universe.

Have you not considered that jesus may have been elsewhere as well. Thats what the catholic church will project also if they disclose. The church position will be to try to save there souls as well.

But they may have there version of him also.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If Jesus is real, then he is stupid as to let the Romans kill him. Why didn't he use his divine powers to pray for help from his allmighty omnipotent god? If he is truly the son of god, why did god let him be tortured and killed? Which makes the whole "if Jesus exist' scenario bunk. If he does, then he was a loon claiming the universe was created in 6 days by an all knowing 'god' bigger than this whole infinite multiverse who is too stupid to 'punish the wrong doers.

God does not exist. God, Jesus, Moses, Mohammed and all his stupid fear and hate mongering minions are just a figment of the fearful and hateful human imagination.

And to answer your question, He didn't 'choose earth'. If he existed, he was just a mortal human flesh and blood who heard voices in his head and got killed by the romans. God does not exist. The end.

Answer me. If God is bigger than the universe and everything beyond, why did his son is a mere human that even can be killed by a knife? I find this ridiculous God and 'son of god' tripe amusing. Son? So did daddy god made sex to another mommy god to get a son? lol

When the time comes my son or daughter ask me "Papa, where did the first baby come from?" I will tell : Son/Daughter, the first baby came from when a daddy god and a mommy love each other. LOL

[edit on 4-8-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
ok.. omnicron...

I do believe there was a creator, but the rest is very doubtful. I do agree with omnicron that it might have come from our imagination. I have read that it's a story of how the heavens work, how the sun rises and sets. I do not remember right now but I think that's what it means. A christ is always portrayed in many cultures i.e. Horus, Mitra etc. etc. I wish I could go back and see what Constantine did in the First Council of Nicea, and see how all this happened.

We did come from somewhere and definitely we are not from here, if we were then I think we wouldn't be destroying our planet. I also think that religion is destroying us, but yet we will grow out of it someday. There is a creator if he's divine or not I do not know.

To answer the questions "why us?" and "why this planet?" and "don't say because we are the only intelligent life on this planet". Maybe it's because we are not the most intelligent being out there, maybe we do need someone from somewhere else to give us a smack in the back of the head.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Nice theory

It definatly makes you wonder what life could have been like today if Jesus never died.

Jesus had to die, what would the point be for him to come down here, and just live. The whole point of his life was his death, and ressurection. Thats what made christianity.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You see Jesus chose Earth but he really wanted to go to Venus (which was much cooler 2000 years ago then it is today, btw)...but unfortunately the Flying Spaghetti Monster got there first. I fortunately know this story and many people do not. And that is why i personally chose to worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster. He has better magic tricks then Jesus and he also has noodly appendages, which i think are awesome.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I find myself trying to wrap my head around this idea. If god's spirit was really born into a man, why Jesus? Why humans? Why earth? Out of all the other possible inhabitable planets with intelligent beings, what makes us so special? Has Jesus been to every inhabited planet to die and be resurected?

And please don't tell me that we are the only intelligent beings living on the only inhabitable planet in the universe.

Burger king double whoppers..............Thats what i think

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I just can't see Jesus as a Evil Grey. Humans are God's only real creation, while Grey's and other inteligent species are Evil demonic entities.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist
hehe, I think you don't know what I really mean. This person making a personal attack on someone else's opinion.

(etc)

It's an attack? I've never attacked anyone's religion. What I tend to question, though, is the whole... "Believe in God and Jesus or no heaven for you!"
If "believing" in something without any kind of thought or reason is required, that's more like brainwashing. And really, it scares me a little, if I would be damned by my God for choosing to think.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
interesting ideas and thoughts in this thread. I don't know if I have anything to add really.

I often wonder if the Jesus story is real (not saying it is or isn't) then wouldn't other beings (assuming that there is life on other planets and planes of existence) have their own messiah beliefs or stories? Or is it just hogwash and a control mechanism for the overly emotional humans? I don't know what it is, but I do know one thing, there's a whole lot of people who will feel stupid if this thing turns out to be just another bs story. On the other hand if the story is right, how far reaching is his influence and power? What truly exists in the universe and what is out there? What does what's out there believe/know?

These are questions I ask myself, because it seems a lot of people have their ideas and thoughts semi-cemented and to think outside of them is blasphemy...

[edit on 8/4/2007 by acegotflows]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
That is indeed a good question.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Jesus may or may not have existed, doesn't matter.

The story of Jesus type figures have been in literature and have existed in recent history.

Jesus' message is very simple yet for the VAST majority of people for almost 2000 years still don't "get it".

Jesus preached that we are all the son of god, not just him, it's just we aren't enlightened and aware as he is/was. blah, blah, blah.

We have all been conditioned to believe in lies and think that lying is absolutely neccesary to get through life.

Jesus' message in a nutshell: The lie is a lie, don't believe it. The truth is the way, and without going towards the truth you will never understand what the hell I'm talking about. Hence, his 12 disciples, the new testament and utter chaos.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conundrum04
Jesus may or may not have existed, doesn't matter.

The story of Jesus type figures have been in literature and have existed in recent history.

Jesus' message is very simple yet for the VAST majority of people for almost 2000 years still don't "get it".

Jesus preached that we are all the son of god, not just him, it's just we aren't enlightened and aware as he is/was. blah, blah, blah.

We have all been conditioned to believe in lies and think that lying is absolutely neccesary to get through life.

It matters if Jesus existed or not. Both scenario proves that this religion thing is hogwash. See my last post. If he exist then that makes him a loon. A cultish fake. Or a tool. This goes to all 'His' so called prophets. If he doesn't exist then it's even stupider. Both scenario proves that religion is the most crass idea someone or something has come up with and killed millions for an unseen omnipotent really stupid god who can't make up his own damn mind.

Jesus' message in a nutshell: The lie is a lie, don't believe it. The truth is the way, and without going towards the truth you will never understand what the hell I'm talking about. Hence, his 12 disciples, the new testament and utter chaos.

Uh, how can you prove that Jesus isn't a part of the lie itself? For all you know he may be part of the biggest lie in the history of mankind perpetrated
by unknown forces to dumb us down. Who do you believe, an old book filled with fairy tales that went through countless of revisions by medieval humans who as we all know, like most humans of today, is the worst 'intelligent' creature on this planet with no redeeming qualities and with egos bigger than their brains OR your own modern intelligence?

Jesus, Moses, Mohammed and all his medieval-days-of-stonings-and-witch burning-minions said if we do not join their religion no matter how 'good' you are you will be damned into eternal hell. That one thing alone makes me stay away from religion, apart from these three main religion are killing each other for this unseen, unproven and ridiculously omnipotent god that is bigger than creation itself proves that religion is hogwash, bunk and utterly hate and fear inducing ludicrous jibberish tripe.

Heck, I'd rather believe in UFOs rather than this 'God' thing. Because there are photographic and video evidence. When you managed to record God be sure to post it in ATS.

The way that this world is coming to, and the way it works, the way that this world is so screwed up because of us, and how we don't even 'fit' on this planet, makes me think 'someone' or 'something' is playing around with us just for entertainment and/or experimentation. But that's just my opinion.

'God works in mysterious ways'
Uh Gimme a break... God was created so we can put up false hope or someone to put our blames on.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

"Believe in God and Jesus or no heaven for you!"
If "believing" in something without any kind of thought or reason is required, that's more like brainwashing. And really, it scares me a little, if I would be damned by my God for choosing to think.

I think we are having a misunderstanding. So let me clear things up. I don't really feel you are attacking, mis-chosen words.

I agree to a certain extent with what you say. It wouldn't make sense for God ... being more intelligent and loving that we are, to condemn people who have never heard ... so they cannot believe since they have no opportunity to. In fact, it does say that all sins except for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is a pardonable sin.

If you want to get into science ... I will tell you I find science to be a religion that is taught in school. The reason I say this is, throughout my schooling, theories and beliefs were taught to the students as facts. We were suppose to accept these facts as truths. To me, that is blindly believing someone's abstract thoughts. Our understanding of things constantly change. What is proven becomes proven false over time. An example, and you are free to disagree, is carbon dating. Unless we were living through those times ... with stored samples sealed away ... there is NO WAY to prove that the results they get are even remotely accurate. There may be educated guess ... but again, the educated part is based on what we learn/are taught. The Big Bang theory seems to be the biggest leap of faith needed by scientist. Unless we are secretly traveling the galaxies ... their so-called evidence of red/blue shift is an assumption ... not fact ... based on other assumptions, ideas, educated guesses. Science is the new religion of our times. Some of it is founded on reality, a lot of it are leaps of faith based on very intelligent people's thoughts. It is not proven well enough for me. I am a skeptic of most science ... not all. Yes, we are human. Yes, we have blood. I don't want you to mistake my point.

I also have stated that I may believe in God, but I don't believe in most of the churches, if any. I think most churches are fear mongering, and preach the wrong messages.

It does say to discover the truth for yourself. In the revelation is condemns the false churches. I think for the most part, if you feel in your heart that there is something greater than this (experiencing something paranormal (above normal) is helpful), and you live the example that was set by Jesus ... loving all people regardless ... He really was an example of living through love instead of hate and segregation. I think seeing God as a loving and caring entity instead of something to be feared. That is the true meaning of God and Jesus, and your path to salvation.

If you feel that way, you do good because it is in your character, it is part of who you are. You love people, respect them ... even if they are not the best nor love themself. You don't do it because you are afraid of God's punishment, you do it because you wish to. I think those who do because of the 'fake' fear of God ... they may not be worshiping the same God they think they do. I think most churches have it wrong.

I know this will be controversial ... but any form of physical symbol ... that is worshipped to, or honored highly, is a form of idolatry/idol worship. You shouldn't need mary, the cross, images of Jesus or God ... to pray or pay respect or give love to God ... I think those who do and the churches/denominations that participate are misled/misguided. They themselves have distorted the meaning and message and need to really search their souls and think about things. I believe God wants you to think. God wants you to try to understand, but if your mind and heart are closed, you won't see the truth.

The problem with most people who call themselves religious, is they don't think. They just listen and blindly follow a 'man' or 'woman' who is telling them their own interpretation of the meaning of the Bible. When we rely on a human for everything, there is bound to be corruption. Human nature tends to lose direction and look for self-interest. If you really believe, you know that the best church is your own home ... not the ones that dress up in expensive suits, driving expensive cars, and worshiping expensive idols in their expensive churches. It seems religion has forgotten the line about the camel through the eye of a needle.

You definitely have the right to disagree that Jesus existed. I respect that. I believe He was here, which is what this thread is about anyway. I believe He came here because it was something He had to do ... a promise.

I will agree you have just as much right to disagree with me about Jesus as I do with you about Science (and I don't assume you accept science as fact, either). I also agree that there is other life out there ... but my angle is, I think God would wish to create more life than just here, whether before and/or after us. He would have no need to tell us, it is insignificant with His agreements/promises with us.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So no one who believes in this god and son of god tripe even attempt to answer my son of god questions? That proves that they can't compute scenarios bigger than the stuff in their old book of fairy tales. Quit praying to your god if you can't even give a definite and logical explanation.

A funny comic.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
For what it's worth, an explanation is to be found here, although it is up the the individual to determine its veracity.

www.urantia.org...

www.urantia.org...

[edit on 2007/8/4 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join