It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

If Jesus is real, why did he choose earth?

page: 4
4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron

It matters if Jesus existed or not. Both scenario proves that this religion thing is hogwash. See my last post. If he exist then that makes him a loon. A cultish fake. Or a tool. This goes to all 'His' so called prophets. If he doesn't exist then it's even stupider. Both scenario proves that religion is the most crass idea someone or something has come up with and killed millions for an unseen omnipotent really stupid god who can't make up his own damn mind.



I think you misunderstood my post.

I think christianity is a joke. I'm not religious at all. What I meant to say is that if Jesus did exist(doesn't matter, just the idea matters) then he was terribly misunderstood by everyone he preached to.

Jesus would preach that we are all sons of god, not just him. He would not put himself above anyone else. He would not call himself devine, only others would.

I hope you're following me here.

Christianity is used as a tool to advance agendas for purposes of power and influence for complete control over the masses. These people need to make Jesus figures devine because if they didn't, they would actually have to take responsibility for their own actions, which of course, they don't have the courage or integrity to do.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Conundrum04]




posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conundrum04

Originally posted by omnicron

It matters if Jesus existed or not. Both scenario proves that this religion thing is hogwash. See my last post. If he exist then that makes him a loon. A cultish fake. Or a tool. This goes to all 'His' so called prophets. If he doesn't exist then it's even stupider. Both scenario proves that religion is the most crass idea someone or something has come up with and killed millions for an unseen omnipotent really stupid god who can't make up his own damn mind.



I think you misunderstood my post.

I think christianity is a joke. I'm not religious at all. What I meant to say is that if Jesus did exist(doesn't matter, just the idea matters) then he was terribly misunderstood by everyone he preached to.

Jesus would preach that we are all sons of god, not just him. He would not put himself above anyone else. He would not call himself devine, only others would.

I hope you're following me here.

Christianity is used as a tool to advance agendas for purposes of power and influence for complete control over the masses. These people need to make Jesus figures devine because if they didn't, they would actually have to take responsibility for their own actions, which of course, they don't have the courage of integrity to do.


You are soooo wrong. True Christianity is protection from those powerful men of renown. who want to take your power away. If you support the unconstitutional war, a lying manipulating con artist as your leader, then I understand where you stand. You may feel free to take me on, for, I am not a coward, I am not a delusional sentient who will swallow the blue pill. I will defend my beleif, and though it may not convince you, my own experience has convicted me.



posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Churchmouse


You are soooo wrong. True Christianity is protection from those powerful men of renown. who want to take your power away. If you support the unconstitutional war, a lying manipulating con artist as your leader, then I understand where you stand. You may feel free to take me on, for, I am not a coward, I am not a delusional sentient who will swallow the blue pill. I will defend my beleif, and though it may not convince you, my own experience has convicted me.



I really don't know what you are talking about. This is why religion is so confusing.

I don't have time to sit here and thoroughly explain in detail at this time about my views on christianity but from the rest of your comment, I can tell that we would see eye to eye on a lot of issues.

I'm a red pill guy, so please relax. Been a red piller since 1995 so there ain't no going back. At this point I'm just trying to master this "matrix" so I can continue to take a steady diet of red pills.



posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I know...like omg...Jupiter would have been so much more better than this little measly planet.



posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Churchmouse

Originally posted by Conundrum04

Originally posted by omnicron

It matters if Jesus existed or not. Both scenario proves that this religion thing ..


I think you misunderstood my post...


You are soooo wrong. True Christianity is protection from those powerful men of renown. who want to take your power away. If you support the unconstitutional war, a lying manipulating con artist as your leader, then I understand where you stand. You may feel free to take me on, for, I am not a coward, I am not a delusional sentient who will swallow the blue pill. I will defend my beleif, and though it may not convince you, my own experience has convicted me.


My bad Conundrum04. I apologize.

Churchmouse, So you are right? Prove to me that god or Jesus exist. Physical proof. Photos, videos. I did not say what I said was true 100%.Just my opinion from my modern educated mind, not from someone who is educated by medieval minded witch burning zealots.

Truth is ambiguous. It's too bad that most people in this world can't make up their own mind, just like that stupid god who made sex with a virgin
can't make his own damned zealous mind.

And who said that I support the stupid war?
What's wrong with this world is religion and the stupid clowns who supports them, religious fanatics, church and mosque goers who think humans are the only intelligent life in this whole infinite universe who deserve the attention of a fictional unseen supreme ruler bigger than the creation itself, but made a half assed effort
in educating us. If this all powerful god wanted to educate us then why is he doing a half assed job at it? Oral? Papyrus? Words on stones? Spoken words?
Gimme a break. If he was so powerful why don't he just download it to all us directly instead doing a half assed job? It's just immensely stupid.

From what I can see, the perpetrators of religion be it god, alien or some unseen covert human groups or whatever you want to believe that made up this anthropomorphic or patriarchal concept of god is too crass or just plain evil. Churchmouse can you answer my question about the god and son of god thing and how your god made sex with a virgin to make Jesus appear in her tummy?



posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conundrum04

Originally posted by Churchmouse


You are soooo wrong. True Christianity is protection from those powerful men of renown. who want to take your power away. If you support the unconstitutional war, a lying manipulating con artist as your leader, then I understand where you stand. You may feel free to take me on, for, I am not a coward, I am not a delusional sentient who will swallow the blue pill. I will defend my beleif, and though it may not convince you, my own experience has convicted me.



I really don't know what you are talking about. This is why religion is so confusing.

I'm a red pill guy, so please relax. Been a red piller since 1995 so there ain't no going back. At this point I'm just trying to master this "matrix" so I can continue to take a steady diet of red pills.


Excessive beer. Ermm. Well, the problem with my post was that I can't type as fast as I think, and when trying to convey an idea, in a concise and non challenging way, I sometimes lose my own way.

Basically what I was trying to say is the way I see it, it is truly a war of principalities, and deception is rampant. We don't even really know who our enemies are, because they are behind fronts that seem perfectly acceptable; or in secret meetings, making decisions for us on the sly. I really think that if the truth really were ever known, there would be a very bloody revolution.
That's more political than religious, so to get back on topic, I will say that we may have a few things in common, although I do have a spiritual element, not a churchian, or religious zealot. I do consider JC as worthy of my continued striving although I in no way resemble him. LOL! I fall miserably short of the goal, to love, be patient, kind, considerate, honest. It isn't something that all of a sudden you master, just because you believe, it is more like you realize your own failings and shortcomings, which helps you to learn how to be more of the person you want to be.

JC is a light, he is hope because although we fail miserably as human beings to master love in all things, he promises redemption. Now the meaning of redemption would be another long meandering. It simply means your efforts are not in vain. There is good to be gained, and if the whole world could get it we wouldn't need war. The darkside doesn't want that to happen, so you do have to be careful what you allow in. Sifting through all the deception in the world today is no small task.



posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron



Churchmouse, So you are right? Prove to me that god or Jesus exist. Physical proof. Photos, videos. I did not say what I said was true 100%.Just my opinion from my modern educated mind, not from someone who is educated by medieval minded witch burning zealots.


Sorry for coming across the way I did there, so please take it easy, my bad. I can't prove to anyone that god or Jesus exists. That is a step individually taken or not taken in faith. Either way is based in faith, although I suppose some would argue that as well.




Truth is ambiguous. It's too bad that most people in this world can't make up their own mind, just like that stupid god who made sex with a virgin


I agree with you to some extent. Especially about people! The stupid god who made sex with a virgin, that is funny you know. It made me laugh out loud when I read it. No kidding. I can understand how that seems like something out of a fairytale to some, but, if you can stretch your thinking long enough to start to understand some of the simpler concepts, then you have still gained something that is good. Look at science, we can splice to female ovums and grow a female of the same. We can play with DNA, we can make clones! SO how does that make the idea totally outside the realms of possibility?




And who said that I support the stupid war?
What's wrong with this world is religion and the stupid clowns who supports them, religious fanatics, church and mosque goers who think humans are the only intelligent life in this whole infinite universe who deserve the attention of a fictional unseen supreme ruler bigger than the creation itself, but made a half assed effort


I just went off on a tangent there, sorry. I didn't mean to imply that you support the stupid war. I even agree that organized religion is poison, that is due to the imperfection of men of course, not because God is stupid. Man will always try to impose power over other men, it is the way it always has been and always will be, as long as there remains a human species on this planet. See we aren't that smart, and maybe if there were really a supreme being, he could intercede and save us from annihilating ourselves. LOL! If all I really have to count on is man, it makes my world pretty hopeless. I can't muster up enough faith in humanity, to see it any other way, if things are left up to us, we will destroy ourselves, and our planet. Bush wants the nukular (his pronunciation of nuclear) option on the table, it really could cause such a huge world war, it will be so terrible, because the lives of all of us will be completely altered to living conditions the likes of which none of us have ever seen. And it won't be a short lived tragedy, and people will fall on there knees, begging for food, water, protection, because there won't be any.




From what I can see, the perpetrators of religion be it god, alien or some unseen covert human groups or whatever you want to believe that made up this anthropomorphic or patriarchal concept of god is too crass or just plain evil. Churchmouse can you answer my question about the god and son of god thing and how your god made sex with a virgin to make Jesus appear in her tummy?



Sorry Omnicron I wasn't there. Who says God an Omnipotent entity has to be gender specific? See the amazing thing is that it was a male child, so there couldn't have been two ovums somehow joined to produce a child, because there would not be a Y Chromosome. Splitting DNA strands aren/t we?



posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Churchmouse


Excessive beer. Ermm. Well, the problem with my post was that I can't type as fast as I think, and when trying to convey an idea, in a concise and non challenging way, I sometimes lose my own way.


Beer. Very nice. Or how bout some Mr. Jack Daniels?


Yeah, I'm the same way when I write plus I'm a bit dyslexic so that doesn't help. If only we could hook something up to our brains and have our words transferred on to a computer, that would make it easier. I'm sure scientists have been working on that technology.



posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Conundrum, I stay away from the hard stuff, I do badly enough with just beer! LOL! Feel free though if that is your poison! Cheers!



posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Churchmouse


Basically what I was trying to say is the way I see it, it is truly a war of principalities, and deception is rampant. We don't even really know who our enemies are, because they are behind fronts that seem perfectly acceptable; or in secret meetings, making decisions for us on the sly. I really think that if the truth really were ever known, there would be a very bloody revolution.



I would say that we do know who the enemy is but it's just like the war on terror, they are individuals, but the difference is these people have enormous wealth and power. They control governments with their influence and are hell bent on world domination. They don't use violence, they let nations do the fighting for them. These people are cowards but evil to the core and fear no one because nobody has ever given them a reason to be feared.

You're right, an all out revolution would be extremely violent and catastrophic beyond imagination. But I believe there is an alternative method that can be used to avoid this blood bath. But unfortunately it would have to be done by a wealthy Jesus/Warrior type of person who has influence and is really liked and respected by others. Now a person such as this can have two strategies to create change but one of the methods is to late to do now. So this particular person only would have one option which, unfortunately, I can't explain at the moment.

I have not read about this particular method being done in any point in time in history, just similar strategies. But the media hadn't played a role in how we lived our lives, like say, 150 years ago as it does today. So, yeah, this method does involve the media in some form.

Thsi person I'm talking about is.............. Batman!


Just joking, but the way I described this person it does fit that character. All kidding aside you can find all kinds of truths in comic book characters and movies like "The Matrix"



posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
When you believe Jesus as a one of a kind type of half god, half human being, then you would also have doubt that such a being could exist like him in other worlds. But if you look at him as a prophet, you will see there have been more than one prophet to exist in this world.

If there have been more than one here, then it means that it's highly possible that there are also other prophets out there for other worlds.



posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
here's one explination for why earth:

SIGNIFICANCE OF EARTH

Only on the planet Earth do human beings come here to reincarnate and begin the involutionary path to God-Realization. The Earth is at the center of the millions of universes, to which all souls must migrate to begin the Inward Journey.

In Infinity, you cannot have a point as center; otherwise, it is not Infinity. And yet on the chart we have made the Earth the center of infinite space. Why? Because though there are many inhabited worlds in infinite space, human beings of those planets have to migrate eventually to the Earth. In some worlds, the people are very intelligent, much more so than on Earth; yet, they must come to this Earth-speck for the sake of the "heart," the involutionary journey.

taken from Lord Meher p6006

Baba explains this elsewhere by discribing other life forms having more inteligence and less love/soul. We, on Earth, have the right mix of soul & inteligence for God to be realized.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by corusso]



posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by corusso
here's one explination for why earth:


SIGNIFICANCE OF EARTH

Only on the planet Earth do human beings come here to reincarnate and begin the involutionary path to God-Realization. The Earth is at the center of the millions of universes, to which all souls must migrate to begin the Inward Journey.

In Infinity, you cannot have a point as center; otherwise, it is not Infinity. And yet on the chart we have made the Earth the center of infinite space. Why? Because though there are many inhabited worlds in infinite space, human beings of those planets have to migrate eventually to the Earth. In some worlds, the people are very intelligent, much more so than on Earth; yet, they must come to this Earth-speck for the sake of the "heart," the involutionary journey.

taken from Lord Meher p6006
www.lordmeher.org...


baba explains this elsewhere by discribing other life forms having more inteligence and less love/soul. We, on Earth, have the right mix of soul & inteligence for God to be realized.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by corusso]

[edit on 7-8-2007 by corusso]

[edit on 7-8-2007 by corusso]



posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   


Originally posted by corusso
here's one explination for why earth:


SIGNIFICANCE OF EARTH

Only on the planet Earth do human beings come here to reincarnate and begin the involutionary path to God-Realization. The Earth is at the center of the millions of universes, to which all souls must migrate to begin the Inward Journey.

In Infinity, you cannot have a point as center; otherwise, it is not Infinity. And yet on the chart we have made the Earth the center of infinite space. Why? Because though there are many inhabited worlds in infinite space, human beings of those planets have to migrate eventually to the Earth. In some worlds, the people are very intelligent, much more so than on Earth; yet, they must come to this Earth-speck for the sake of the "heart," the involutionary journey.

taken from Lord Meher p6006
www.lordmeher.org...


baba explains this elsewhere by discribing other life forms having more inteligence and less love/soul. We, on Earth, have the right mix of soul & inteligence for God to be realized.


this of course is not based on the bible at all. but simply a theory.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Methuselah]



posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
IF... Jesus was real.
IF... "God" (undefinable) exists.
IF... Jesus was an actual Messiah, and Son of God.
IF... There are other planets with intelligent life.
IF... The other planets were "sinful" and in need of redemption.

Oh, where do I stop?

Anyway, just like Jesus came to America in the Mormon Bible, then Jesus the Son of God will visit or has visited every inhabitable planet in the Universe at just the moment they need him most. Even if it means being on two planets at the same time. Because Jesus's works are mighty and miraculous, and the Will of God is not bound by time or space.

Amen.



posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Methuselah
this of course is not based on the bible at all. but simply a theory.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Methuselah]

not based on the bible, but more than a theory. that is, if you believe Meher Baba, like Jesus, was an avatar (god as man).



posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   


Anyway, just like Jesus came to America in the Mormon Bible, then Jesus the Son of God will visit or has visited every inhabitable planet in the Universe at just the moment they need him most. Even if it means being on two planets at the same time. Because Jesus's works are mighty and miraculous, and the Will of God is not bound by time or space.


I must point out that the book of mormon as well as their other book 'gospel principles' contradict the bible many times.



not based on the bible, but more than a theory. that is, if you believe Meher Baba, like Jesus, was an avatar (god as man).



sounds like someone as described in the book of revelations, someone who will come and proclaim to be God as man. this person is known as the Anti-Christ. many people will be deceived by him and his teachings. Jesus Christ is Gods only begotten son. there was only one. that was Jesus. no other. what you are saying is contrary to scripture.



posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
IF... Jesus was real.
IF... "God" (undefinable) exists.
IF... Jesus was an actual Messiah, and Son of God.
IF... There are other planets with intelligent life.
IF... The other planets were "sinful" and in need of redemption.

Oh, where do I stop?

Anyway, just like Jesus came to America in the Mormon Bible, then Jesus the Son of God will visit or has visited every inhabitable planet in the Universe at just the moment they need him most. Even if it means being on two planets at the same time. Because Jesus's works are mighty and miraculous, and the Will of God is not bound by time or space.

Amen.


Now I thought St Matthew was a bit overly embalishing it, but now..... He's inter-planetary! Our Lord has learned so much in the last two thousand years. Respect. Maximum.
I want Jesus' spaceship. Serious archeological stuff. This mans future has to be mapped.
Oprah needs to know. Our Lord wants us on new planets..... We are the chosen ones. God wants us to win. We're going out, we're gonna hammer and we are the very aliens we were afraid of........
We're no better.



posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Methuselah
I must point out that the book of mormon as well as their other book 'gospel principles' contradict the bible many times.


Apparently not enough to bother all the people who think it's the real deal. Besides, the Bible itself is full of contradictions, and that hasn't hurt its sales a whole lot.

Anyway, if you go for Jesus's message and don't get all bogged down in the spurious details (such as the non-existence of both God and aliens), then it's not that hard to imagine that anywhere in the Universe where there are creatures who need to understand and be comforted by the Good News and message of Salvation, then Jesus will get there, whether by being born there as a 12-eyed slug creature, or by flying there in a boat carried by Angels like sled dogs. The dude walked on water. He'll figure out a way to get to Zeta Reticuli II.

So in answer to the original question, how do we know we're the only planet Jesus every came to? No Testament, even the Bible, can be all-inclusive, and just because it's not in the Bible, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So if we ever run into aliens, maybe they'll have their own Jesus stories to tell.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by SuicideVirus]



posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   


Apparently not enough to bother all the people who think it's the real deal. Besides, the Bible itself is full of contradictions, and that hasn't hurt its sales a whole lot.


I have yet to find a contradiction in the bible. if you would like to point any out to me be careful on how you view each context, it can get a little tricky if you read too fast and jump to conclusions.

and I really do hope you find your alien friends because if you ever do find an alien I can guarantee they will have the same God. the God of Abraham, and of Issac and of Jacob. The God of the bible.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join