It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus is real, why did he choose earth?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Where the Bible states created him man, and woman in his own image, I pause to reflect, and think not that we are physical reflections of his actual being, for it is said we can not behold the God and live. I think "in his image" denotes that his image is love, and with love he created man and woman, that love could be manifest in the physical realm. That from this realm could his love be returned, otherwise freewill would not have been a necessary inclusion, but in his image it must be included, it was a risk, well taken, and it was taken in faith in this creation, one that could be salvaged, through a design, that from the beginning was to be gathered back to the father, by a plan set from beginning to end, to bring them he loved back home.

That is the story of the Bible from beginning to end, redemption, salvation, devotion and love, yet, all crave it, and many would rather deny it, than embrace it. Is it shameful to need and want unconditional love, when we know as we experience life, that it is not found in one person, it is never perfect, it is all you have in this realm, yet, we have it, we know it, we cherish it, and we deny it. As long as we deny perfect unconditional love, we shall not have it. When we can see it and embrace it we can create it. In his image.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
I find myself trying to wrap my head around this idea. If god's spirit was really born into a man, why Jesus? Why humans? Why earth? Out of all the other possible inhabitable planets with intelligent beings, what makes us so special? Has Jesus been to every inhabited planet to die and be resurected?

And please don't tell me that we are the only intelligent beings living on the only inhabitable planet in the universe.

C'mon you guys don't know this one? its an easy one.
its not because we were the only intelligent race don't be so arrogant.

It is because we were the only world evil enough to kill him...and it was part of his plan to be cricified....you know the rest.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
i totally think, if Jesus is the son of god, and who really knows that, then yes, he has probably visited every other planet... but thats not to say that he died each time... im sure there was at least one planet that actually believed him and chose not to kill him... perhaps those are the most developed planets... the ones that learned all the secrets of life... and maybe those are gods chosen people... maybe...

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
God the Father's plan of salvation required that God the Son would be crucified to atone for our sins.

Maybe we are the only planet that has people that are violent enough to crucify the Son of God.

Think about it, if extraterrestrials were as violent as us, they would have attacked us by now, then they would have colonized us and would have made us learn their language, all while they plunder our natural resources.

That doesn't seem to be how aliens behave.

Also, the Bible states that Satan was cast down to Earth. Since Satan was cast down to Earth, it would only make sense that Jesus would have had to do His work on Earth.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
i totally think, if Jesus is the son of god, and who really knows that, then yes, he has probably visited every other planet... but thats not to say that he died each time... im sure there was at least one planet that actually believed him and chose not to kill him... perhaps those are the most developed planets... the ones that learned all the secrets of life... and maybe those are gods chosen people... maybe...

Nice theory

It definatly makes you wonder what life could have been like today if Jesus never died.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I think we should be worried about us and not other planets. if God had wanted us to know about the other planets, he would have told us about them. plus worrying about those other planets does not fix our problems. and Jesus Christ dying on the cross was a necessity, Jesus told peter that he needed to die on the cross, it was part of Gods plan, ever since man had sinned we needed Jesus Christ to die for our sins.
Jesus dying on other planets would require man sinning in the first place on that planet and the generations after that man would need Christs blood to be saved.

if there was an adam and eve on another planet, I wonder if one of them got it right and never ate the fruit. I wonder what life would be if there was no sin in the world.

here is my opinion.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth... not earths. I dont even think there is such thing as intelligent life on other planets, let alone life. Thats just me, im not saying that is you believe in intelligent life on other planets that your wrong, im just saying that I personally believe that God made one earth, and if im wrong, no biggie.

I do think this is something that is pretty neat to think about but as a Christian I dont think it should be a big concern. I think trying to flip this planet around should be our priority. thats my opinion.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by Methuselah]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Out of all the other possible inhabitable planets with intelligent beings...

Like what? I wasn't aware of this scientific finding, and surely you wouldn't base your logic on anything other than proven fact.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I find myself trying to wrap my head around this idea. If god's spirit was really born into a man, why Jesus? Why humans? Why earth? Out of all the other possible inhabitable planets with intelligent beings, what makes us so special? Has Jesus been to every inhabited planet to die and be resurected?

And please don't tell me that we are the only intelligent beings living on the only inhabitable planet in the universe.

Here we go......

"If (replace god with)an Omniscient Being's (yes, alien's people)spirit was really born into a (replace man with just another alien), why Jesus(alien Jesus)? Why humans? Why earth? "

Out of all the other possible inhabitable planets with intelligent beings, what makes us so special?

We are special because we are the product of an Extraterrestrial Intelligence. Nothing further......

Has Jesus been to every inhabited planet to die and be resurected?

The most likely scenario would be MANY inhabitable planets Had extraterrestrail contact. Jesus was just his name while on this one.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

Out of all the other possible inhabitable planets with intelligent beings...

Like what? I wasn't aware of this scientific finding, and surely you wouldn't base your logic on anything other than proven fact.

I would have to say bahhhhhhhhh to this one.
Congradulations Mr. Sheeple!
You have won the the hourly prize!
You and millions of other people will be swept away to the tropical Ignorance Isles.
There you will stay until your mind lets you leave.

No but seriously JohnMike, do you honestly believe HUMANS are the only "intelligent" species in the ENTIRE INFINATE EXPANSE OF THE MULTIVERSE????

"Proven fact" BAHHHHHHHHHHH RAMMMMM EWEEEEEEEE

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
sorry about the little off topic posting but, does anyone if there are archeogology and studies to see if jesus actually was real?

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Mabey its because each world has their own jesus and each is a savior for its own species. or mabey its possible that we are the only sentient cretures in the universe that need saving.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
He didn't choose earth, He fulfilled the prophecy. He had to live and die and live again on this planet to keep God's word true. His own people, his promised ones had to be involved. It was a well laid out plan. Which is why I feel that Judas may have been the only one faithful enough to do what had to be done, and not as much of a traitor as he is made out to be. God's word needed to be fulfilled, so one of the 12 needed to give Jesus up.

I would also believe He would have no need to visit other planets and life, because His contract wasn't with them ... and God may well deal with them in a whole different way. He may not have created similar life to us. Not that there aren't other life forms, but, they may not have our intelligence ... and the 'fruit' may not have even been available to them. In essence, wouldn't any life that ate the fruit have the same wisdom?

God made a covenant with Israel and the Jews. He made a new covenant with the gentiles through Jesus. This is the real translation of the two sections of the Bible from the often mis-translated text. Old Covenant and New Covenant ... makes more sense now right? I have many variations of the Bible ... I have been given The Complete Jewish Bible ... has the Old and New ... so nothing is left out that is in the Christian Bible ... it just keeps the more authentic names of people, places and God and his forms.

I think what one poster may have been getting at is ... ufos are a deception, because, they are actually demons and the demon's deception. You would have to admit, lucifer must have been at least powerful to some extent, to even consider going up against the Creator. They would have similar powers as the angels, who are themselves not weak. They could manifest whatever visual deception necessary for the times to woo and control public. I read on a vampire religion (legal religion ... temple vampire or something very similar) last night, it says undead gods and all sorts of things, powers, stealing life force, etc. ... but, I substituted demons and to me, all the deception they are learning and experiencing makes complete sense. If you read the forum, they speak of real feelings, real happenings ... not just a gathering of like minds. Demons can make people think they are gods or in touch with gods.

I may not believe in traditional religions anymore ... I have learned the true nature of a lot of so-called churches ... I believe in a God ... all-loving, and Jesus, the one who lived the message for us ... but I think man has corrupted God's word so much ... I will believe in my heart and not a false prophet/preacher/priest/pope/congregation.

The thing about giants ... have you looked at our athletes lately? I would like Shaq to stand next to the average sized human on earth. There are a lot of insanely tall and large people these days. Not saying those people in particular are evil ... it is just a comparison ... a 7-8 ft tall musclebound person next to a 5 ft slightly toned ... I think would appear as a giant. On a different level, if you ever watched 'everybody loves raymond' look at a scene with the brother next to the wife ... she isn't that short either and he still dwarfs her.

I think it is hard to decipher the Word, because we are not meant to ... we will understand it when it is time. The Bible codes from the hebrew text is quite amazing in most instances. We can't really predict, because we don't know what to look for beforehand ... don't have the keywords ... but ... the search for names of popes is strong inclination that we are in the end times.

I will just live my life the way I always have ... trusting that every place I am, every one I talk to ... it is what is meant to be. My life has had ups and downs, but overall ... fantastic. No complaints at all. I am blessed and loved.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

It's "congratulations", Mister Literate.

I have to go on about how idiotic that term is, from how it's used. People like you using it in such stupid ways really makes the user seem kinda of dumb.

You have won the the hourly prize!

Yes!

You and millions of other people will be swept away to the tropical Ignorance Isles.
There you will stay until your mind lets you leave.

I prefer it where it's a bit cooler, to be honest.

I'm happy that you're done with your ad hominem now.

No but seriously JohnMike, do you honestly believe HUMANS are the only "intelligent" species in the ENTIRE INFINATE EXPANSE OF THE MULTIVERSE????

"Proven fact" BAHHHHHHHHHHH RAMMMMM EWEEEEEEEE

I think you mean "infinite".

Why do I have to believe? It's entirely possible that we are the only life, let alone the only intelligent life. Who knows? We don't know that the universe or whateververse is infinite at all. We can only hypothesize. And in doing so, it's important that we don't take any of our hypotheses for granted.
And yes, there could be life out there. Again, who knows? Not me, and certainly not you.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   

BAHHHHHHHHHHH RAMMMMM EWEEEEEEEE

I would rather be a lamb of God ... pure, loved, and right

than a corrupt snake full of lies and deceit with no morals or true love for anything.

I am implying nothing personal ... any implications you make are in your own mind ... unlike your direct attack, which you clearly stated.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
It is worth being a lamb of God, if it means that you are an unthinking sheep? Is it worth ignorance and abandoning self-thought?

It makes me wonder.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
My take on this is "Brat Camp" the son of god was being a right pain in heaven so god kicked him out until he had learnt about himself.

33 years may be a long time for us but a blink of an eye for someone who lives forever.

After all how is dying??? in a human shell form anything great when you're whole existences will be an energy form. And your going home again.

No big deal really.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
My take on this is "Brat Camp" the son of god was being a right pain in heaven so god kicked him out until he had learnt about himself.

33 years may be a long time for us but a blink of an eye for someone who lives forever.

After all how is dying??? in a human shell form anything great when you're whole existences will be an energy form. And your going home again.

No big deal really.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
my mind keep wondering to the chris de burgh christmas song, y'no the one with the spaceman who came travelling so on so forth. perhaps, and this is just a wild totally out there theory, jesus was infact an E.T test for the planet...disguise a chappy as a prophet, and see how they react to something a little bit different...after the crucifixion they decided it was a bad idea and left. oh sorry forgot the resurrection...thats just the aliens "beaming up" their fallen comrade!

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   

*removed off topic, rude comments*]

[edit on 4-8-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
any thoughts about this?

www.usbible.com...

The language of the Bible has a way of leading unsuspecting readers into thinking it was recording human historical events when, in reality, it was referring to the patterns of the stars. A general overview serves to explain how the Bible’s allegorical language reflects a superstitious fear of darkness. This page serves as an introduction to a series of articles on bible astrology.

Mod edit: Added ex-tags

[edit on 2007/8/4 by Hellmutt]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join