It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus is real, why did he choose earth?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Its all a little more simple then that I'm afraid!

You see, Jesus in all likelihood never even existed! If a man did actually exist there would be accurate and detailed records kept of his Superhero achievements. If there was someone with his purported achievements, somebody would have documented this. I would assume that people with his abilities would not come along too often and would be quite the spectacle. But all that exists of this fabled man are proven forgeries and vague references in the bible.

Jesus is simply a man made myth that represents our Sun. Light of the World, Light of Light, King of Kings, Gods only begotten Sun, Light of the World etc. You must ask yourself why the Sun and Jesus have all the same attributes and elaborate stories that closely resemble previous Sun Gods.

Like many Sun Gods before, its all a myth that sadly has never ended, ...yet. People actually kill over their interpretations of these myths.

I'm sure that other solar systems that host intelligent life have their various names for Gods behind celestial events that take place that its inhabitants cannot explain. And the solar systems with more advanced life forms (with the aide of science) have started to explain some of these celestial events such as the Sunrise, Sunset, Eclipses, seasons and so forth. Once these beings evolve and advance their knowledge far enough, the continued need for elaborate myths and repressive religions as a control mechanisms slowly fade away and become mythology.

These advanced species over time come to realize that God resides in all of us. We are all one and we are all Gods. We are made out of the same things as the rest of the universe. What we do effects everything in the Universe to some degree or another.

[edit on 103030p://upMonday by QuasiShaman]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
wow, what a way to put a sick twist on things.
you cant make your expectations everyone elses

its called faith.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I'm sure that other solar systems that host intelligent life have their various names for Gods behind celestial events that take place that its inhabitants cannot explain. And the solar systems with more advanced life forms (with the aide of science) have started to explain some of these celestial events such as the Sunrise, Sunset, Eclipses, seasons and so forth. Once these beings evolve and advance their knowledge far enough, the continued need for elaborate myths and repressive religions as a control mechanisms slowly fade away and become mythology.

this of course is what you hope to be true. you assume that there is life on other planets. how would it get there?
1. Evolution
2. Creation
its one or the other... we already know that spontaneous generation of life is impossible even with the "right" conditions. scientists cant even make life in the laboratory, what makes you think that "natural processes" can make life when we cant even do it?

Solar systems with more advanced life forms? this is of course all theoretical, there is no evidence supporting this theory.
you can only assume this because
1. there are planets out there that have the capability to support life, and
2. we are here as a product of evolution so there has to be other life forms out there.

This is pure imagination and speculation. no evidence for it whatsoever.

These advanced species over time come to realize that God resides in all of us. We are all one and we are all Gods. We are made out of the same things as the rest of the universe. What we do effects everything in the Universe to some degree or another.

sounds like a humanist view to me. you think we are all gods? thats exactly what the devil wants you to think, he even said the same thing to Eve in the garden of Eden. doesnt get us very far to declare ourselves as gods, without need for our creator.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Oh god, why do people make it so difficult to understand?

It's really simple:

Christianity = Followers of christ, yet 99.99% of "christians" do not follow in his footsteps nor understand him. You simple say you're christian, go to church, obey and follow a certain system(s) that are set up by people with immense power, you rarely(if ever) ask tough questions, etc, etc. You basically need someone else to tell you who Jesus was and this said someone was told who Jesus was by someone else as well, and so on, and so on, thoughout all these centuries and here you are today, absolutely nowhere. Christians don't know jack about Jesus.

Jesus was human and god at the same time, just like every single human being on the earth today. The god inside you is determined by how much fear and hate(hate is a result of fear so I'll just say fear from now on) you have in your heart. Fear is the barrier. The less fear you have the more god(or the source, or "it") will shine through. Pretty simple stuff here.

God, or the source can only exist within YOU. You cannot find it from an outside source. There is not a magic goblet to drink from that will bring you closer to god(unless '___' is in it). God only exists in you but at the some time exists everywhere. To explain: God is in you but it is also in everything else. Once you become enlightened(more godlike), you can see this god in everything.

Jesus would have been a super enlightened human being which most others around him(can you say his disciples?) could not comprehend. It is quite obvious that he was misinterpreted because you cannot find god outside of yourself.

So to say why Jesus choose earth is like saying why did the OP choose earth.

Of course this is only my opinion, you can go on believing what you want you good ole "christians" you. Good luck.

Whoops! I forgot that you can also substitute God with Truth.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Conundrum04]

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Conundrum04]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Christianity = Followers of christ, yet 99.99% of "christians" do not follow in his footsteps nor understand him. You simple say you're christian, go to church, obey and follow a certain system(s) that are set up by people with immense power, you rarely(if ever) ask tough questions, etc, etc. You basically need someone else to tell you who Jesus was and this said someone was told who Jesus was by someone else as well, and so on, and so on, thoughout all these centuries and here you are today, absolutely nowhere. Christians don't know jack about Jesus.

well thats about 50% true because thats how 50% of the cults get started (ex: Mormons)
if you need someone else to tell you what you are to believe in, you are in a cult.
I believe in Jesus Christ and I get my information from the bible, yes I do glean information form other Christians through bible studies and church fellowship, but I dont let them tell me what to believe and how to believe it.

Whoops! I forgot that you can also substitute God with Truth.

well im glad you at least know that since God is truth, Jesus is the light of the world, God is love, God is good. God is everything but evil and dark.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Methuselah

I get tired of talking about religion.

I really wanted to respond in great detail, but I'm really bored with this BS.

What was "50%" wrong with my observation?

If you believe christ "died for the sins of man" or whatever, then you are extremely unenlightened. The "christ" you want to believe in was trying to tell you that he is just like you and that YOU! can bask in the glory of god! Meaning!!!!!!!!!!! I'm you, You are me!!!!!!!! WE ARE THE SAME!!!!!!! HENCE, I'm GOD, therefore, so are YOU!!.....................................

Your "cult" has been cluttered for hundreds of years of complete ignorance and nonsense. Any rational human being just needs to read Genesis to understand how completely irrational you bible thumpers are.

Please, study some eastern philosophy. PLEASE!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   

BTW,

How is "love" considered GOD?

I left love out because love is very confusing nowadays.

true love is "the source/GOD", but the language means nothing on this planet. Love cannot be expressed by telling someone "I love you". You might feel like you"love" someone, but is that coming from the source/god/truth? You can't tell because we don't live in a society of "truth", we live in a society of lies. A system which thrives of deception. So riddle me this "christian", How does the word love, today, equate to anything remotely relate to intigrity, honesty, and a sense of belonging in todays world?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I'll answer for you.

We don't live in a world of love, we live in a world of hatred.

"dog eat dog world" right??????

So where is the love when our system is so predicated on stepping over people is "succeed"?

Women in the US are more attracted to f-ups than stable guys. Why is that???

If you seriously think "god/jesus/whatever" is running things, please go do some traveling to find the "truth/god/jesus/the source/love"!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I'm still waiting for a responce.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
I find myself trying to wrap my head around this idea. If god's spirit was really born into a man, why Jesus? Why humans? Why earth? Out of all the other possible inhabitable planets with intelligent beings, what makes us so special? Has Jesus been to every inhabited planet to die and be resurected?

And please don't tell me that we are the only intelligent beings living on the only inhabitable planet in the universe.

THANK YOU!

I have myself thought of this.....

There is no answer.... well, none that I can come up with that I believe myself, sure I can speculate and reiterate but I myself don't feel so sure of any answer.. I'm sure many of you can relate..

Then I got to thinking, if all this religion stuff is true..
then..
All of this audio/visual/kinesthetic input could easily be elusively deceptive ...
Deceiving even the very elect.

We live a very odd life, chaotic, yet.. ordered, in this chaos...

aside from that,

Maybe we are IN someplace, (this whole universe) and perhaps this isn't OUR "someplace" ... but we ended up here somehow.
and Jesus, is from the place where we belong.. or atleast a piece of us, a consciousness or soul or spirit... something anyway.. and he has come to return us to that place.
Maybe this whole universe is just a mere shadow or replica of something else.
To come here one would need something like family to draw them to a place filled with their enemies..... Even those who belong wherever Jesus is from have been hypnotized against him.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

Maybe we are IN someplace, (this whole universe) and perhaps this isn't OUR "someplace" ... but we ended up here somehow.
and Jesus, is from the place where we belong.. or atleast a piece of us, a consciousness or soul or spirit... something anyway.. and he has come to return us to that place.
To come here one would need something like family to draw them to a place filled with their enemies..... Even those who belong wherever Jesus is from have been hypnotized against him.

We are surrounded by metaphors(THE MATRIX!!!!!!!!)

Common people do not see because they are seduced by, geez(it's really getting to the piont that you cannot talk about common sense without bringing up a popular film) the matrix. Too many people are weak but it's up to the strong to be the balance. Unfortunately, it's the weak and self hatradthat are in power ,want to keep the strong and truthful suppressed. This tactic is so old.

I'm so sick of this!

I'm sick and tired of measuring my words that so whatever I said above, I will leave as is.

In all honesty, The question as to why Jesus choose earth is "primitive".

YOUR SAVIOUR IS NEVER COMING BACK!

You know why? He/she couldn't last one day in this hell hole. Your "savior has hung himself over and over again because he realizes that we exactly live in hell.

Mother Teresa dies right around the time when princess di dies. Guess who gets all the press???????????

Jesus is DEAD!!!!! Humanity has proved that they were using him FOR POWER AND GREED! THE GIG IS UP!! TIME FOR THE COWARDS TO FACE THE PIPER!!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
double post

P.S. I'll be in Las Vegas on Friday for an indefinite amount of time. I will be frequenting Crazy Horse II, Speriment Rhino, and the Tender Trap(if it's still there). I plan on partying like it's 1999 or 2009, wait sorry, 2007.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by Conundrum04]

[edit on 27-9-2007 by Conundrum04]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conundrum04

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

We are surrounded by metaphors(THE MATRIX!!!!!!!!)

Common people do not see because they are seduced by, geez(it's really getting to the piont that you cannot talk about common sense without bringing up a popular film) the matrix. Too many people are weak but it's up to the strong to be the balance. Unfortunately, it's the weak and self hatradthat are in power ,want to keep the strong and truthful suppressed. This tactic is so old.

I'm so sick of this!

I'm sick and tired of measuring my words that so whatever I said above, I will leave as is.

In all honesty, The question as to why Jesus choose earth is "primitive".

YOUR SAVIOUR IS NEVER COMING BACK!

You know why? He/she couldn't last one day in this hell hole. Your "savior has hung himself over and over again because he realizes that we exactly live in hell.

Mother Teresa dies right around the time when princess di dies. Guess who gets all the press???????????

Jesus is DEAD!!!!! Humanity has proved that they were using him FOR POWER AND GREED! THE GIG IS UP!! TIME FOR THE COWARDS TO FACE THE PIPER!!

I guess it's extremely difficult for anyone to understand why Jesus chose Earth and not any other world. It's a vast universe so yes I do agree with someone who posted and mentioned the high probability of other life outside of Earth (from a scientific/astronomical point of view), evolved life like our own and maybe even much more evolved; They probably had a bieng similar to Jesus, if not THE Jesus, visit them!

Yes, I've come to liken the Matrix stories/movies because of what they(the authors) present to us, which is a different perspective on reality( without the references to an evil force/biengs controlling and using us). This concept can harmoniously coexist with what christianity has purported to enact but failed to deliver (I guess Jesus made little impact on the world). Jesus was a master. He came here to fulfill his evolutionary journey. Thats the problem with the bible, it fails horridly to deliver the good news; Jesus came here to tell us that we can have eternal life if we absolve ourselves of our sins, MEANING our PREVIOUS INCARNATIONS on this Earth and even OTHER PLANETS. He came here to tell us to follow the 10 Commandments (which I believe is a framework on Karma).

I'd like to ad sooo much more but there is a good work done in the last.. 40-50 years. It's called the Urantia Papers and I have learned alot from it(atleast I have led myself to believe in this book). It is such a good read. So yes I do think Jesus was real and He did something to help all of us get out of this Hell/Matrix. It's up to us to believe and get it right, I guess it's a learning process the easy way or the hard way(free will).

Oh and this is my first post on ATS I am glad to post and be here.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by massmint

I like your post.

It seems that you are on the right path young grasshopper.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
My guess is Earth specifically humans needed him most. I mean think about it. The two ways a race could not become as primitive and ignorant as we are is as follows: A- The race is to dumb. B- The race is too intellegent.

The reason i say this is because if their too dumb then there wouldnt be any hate. Take for example racism. A person is not born racist but is influenced or taught racism by close-minded people.

If the race was too intellegent then they would be united on virtually or almost everything. They'd know that aggresion would only slow the race down and eventually lead to its demise. Jesus tried to stop this demise but, us being humans, we continued the destructive cycle.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join