It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus is real, why did he choose earth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I find myself trying to wrap my head around this idea. If god's spirit was really born into a man, why Jesus? Why humans? Why earth? Out of all the other possible inhabitable planets with intelligent beings, what makes us so special? Has Jesus been to every inhabited planet to die and be resurected?

And please don't tell me that we are the only intelligent beings living on the only inhabitable planet in the universe.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
well a lot of people DO believe we are the only intelligent beings living on the only inhabitable planet in the universe

coincidentally there are also a lot of people who follow jesus

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Maybe because Jesus was needed at that time, and for other purposes in the future.. I don know. I've heard alot of different things, such as him being the result of multidimensional conception for example. Also, his resurection being something different than what we have been led to believe.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What's to say that there hasn't been another jesus on a different planet . I don't see it as impossibility that god would not also put his mark across the universe. We have our choices and they have theirs, how much faith and religion is in "their" societies is anyone's guess.

[edit on 3-8-2007 by Revelmonk]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
On the fifth planet out orbiting Betelgeuse in the Orion Nebula, there is a sentient race of brightly colored multipods, with IQs well above 200.

On the second week of the winter solstice they celebrate how their Savior who made them in his image, sacrificed a tentacle to ablate their sins.

I'm sure they're posing the same question as you are on their neural network communication grid.

Maybe someday, we'll meet?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Because this is where we are. The bible was written for us human beings. So maybe what people think are "space aliens" do not really exist. Maybe we are just being deceived that they do exist. Maybe they are something else entirely?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
Because this is where we are. The bible was written for us human beings. So maybe what people think are "space aliens" do not really exist. Maybe we are just being deceived that they do exist. Maybe they are something else entirely?

Why else. If there are other worlds with other sentient inhabitants they may have thier own version of Jesus. This one is yours.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Because MAYBE there aren't other planets out there with life on it. Like I said, maybe we are being deceived. If they aren't "space aliens", what else could they be?

Is it the same thing that appeared as faeries and leprecans?

Maybe there is a deception that fools UFO believers in to believeing what they believe.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Phantom
well a lot of people DO believe we are the only intelligent beings living on the only inhabitable planet in the universe

How dare they!

But seriously, with all the known knowledge of astronomy, the chances of us being alone in the entire universe are probobly less than what most of us would like to believe. I think you would have to be living under a rock if you could not understand that the existance of life is remotely possible somewhere else. The universe is a big place.

My bible knowledge is a little rusty, but didn't God create humans in his own image? How does that factor in with the possibility of other inteligent species?

Genesis 5:1- This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day when God created man, He made him in the likeness of God.

Genesis 1:27-So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

bible.cc...

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Why else. If there are other worlds with other sentient inhabitants they may have thier own version of Jesus. This one is yours.

Very true Fred! Now stop reading my mind. lol

'Jesus' could have appeared as another life-form, but he didn't. In order for us to understand him, he came as one of us.

Hmm...wondering if the sentient Jesus would have appeared as a pure energy light-being on other planets > that produced energy beings.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Because MAYBE there aren't other planets out there with life on it. Like I said, maybe we are being deceived. If they aren't "space aliens", what else could they be?

if anything, the current situation is completely opposite of this statement. if we were meant to be deceived into believing there are "space aliens" then someone is doing their job horribly.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
To understand Jesus, what you need to do is find out his true history. Not everything you read is the truth and I think that Jesus was decended from a Royal Lineage, one which ruled over a previous Empire which suffered a terrible fate.

This old empire, maybe had a deep understanding of 'forgotten' energies, from which the secrets were passed down the survivors to thier off-spring. Maybe this can account for some of JC's talents. Maybe he knew talents of the old ways and by using them gave birth to the new?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
I find myself trying to wrap my head around this idea. If god's spirit was really born into a man, why Jesus? Why humans? Why earth? Out of all the other possible inhabitable planets with intelligent beings, what makes us so special? Has Jesus been to every inhabited planet to die and be resurected?

And please don't tell me that we are the only intelligent beings living on the only inhabitable planet in the universe.

Uh, I thought Jesus was "Son Of God". Not God itself. What religion are you refering to?

[edit on 3-8-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Heres a thought. The way I understand scripture, Jesus was sent by God to redeme man of sin. Sin by humans was first concieved in the Garded of Eden upon eating from the tree of knowledge, good and evil. The falling away of man. Maybe we are the only ones in the universe that took that fruit, metaphoricaly speaking, thus a need for a savior, Jesus Christ. Who knows. ?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11

Uh, I thought Jesus was "Son Of God". Not God itself.

When you refer to God you are talking about the holy trinity- the father, the son and the holy spirit. God can be referred to as one of those, but is generally considered by most to be the three together. Jesus was God IMO, if your trying to get technical about it, its all semantics. If you want to learn more a good start is google or try this... en.wikipedia.org...

Any thoughts on my original questions?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
Heres a thought. The way I understand scripture, Jesus was sent by God to redeme man of sin. Sin by humans was first concieved in the Garded of Eden upon eating from the tree of knowledge, good and evil. The falling away of man. Maybe we are the only ones in the universe that took that fruit, metaphoricaly speaking, thus a need for a savior, Jesus Christ. Who knows. ?

Interesting idea.

While I disagree, I like that line of thinking, great post.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole

Because Earth is where the creation that is so loved, exists. How else could God the Father redeem the sins of his own creation, except by showing the totally unconditional love that his only son Jesus Christ, could bear the temptations and living conditions that drive humankind to greed, lust, ect. by assuming the very same conditions they endure, then dying in horrible, agony, suffering long the agony for the many sins of humanity. It is purposeful to learn that rising above the fleshly desires is the spiritual manefestation of our unconditionally creative ability, which is good, when tempered with the devoted integrity of love, instead of greed, lust, self.

How do we know that other life forms are benevolent? We don't know they exist yet for sure, yet I suspect that they do exist, because I have seen Unidentified Flying Objects. I did not say, I have seen little green men, only that I have witnessed in the company of at least 20 other people Unexplained things moving about in the sky, like a large mothership dropping six or seven small satellites that moved about in geometric patterns, and looked just like stars. Look at the stories about cattle mutilations, and the stories about abductions. The common theme among many of those reporting abductions is about the reproductive process in humans. Why, can they not reproduce?
The scary thing is, that the Bible does talk about these entities, and it does not cast them in a favorable light.

According to the story of Noah, the human gene pool had become contaminated by the fallen ones, or those who chose to procreate with human women.

Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Before men, of old was the creation of the Shining One, Lucifer, who fell from grace because he thought himself better than his creator.

Num 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

There you have a very similar reference that Sitchen makes about the Anunaki. There are several mentions of this race that inhabited the earth before the flood, which was intended to wipe clean the human gene pool. Now I understand your finding much of what you haven't understood to sound mostly like a fairy tale. That is because the Bible is much more than just a book. There are many mysteries yet to be solved, and many that have already come to pass, and nearly all of the prophesies full filled. That is pretty amazing, you have to admit. Christs coming was foretold. His crucifixion was foretold, and the falling away was also foretold, and we know where this all began don't we?
When man decided that science was so good, and so smart it could solve all of our puzzles; when he decided he did not need God, that God was nothing but a fairy tale for ignorant unintelligent people who needed to be recued from their own stupidity. Well, look where that has gotten us. It hasn't made the world a better place, look around you, look at the state our world is in, do you think it is because of mens benevolence? Do you think it is because men are so smart? Is it because men are so good?

[edit on 8/3/2007 by Churchmouse]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
WE as in the entire world are standing on the precipice of nuclear war. Is that somehow a good thing? Do you see the middle east and all of the problems taking place right now, as somehow solvable? If you do, please share because I would love to see peace in our lifetime.

Sorry, getting off topic here.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
For GOD so LOVED THE WORLD..
He loved the world
He gave his ONLY BEGOTTEN SON
So that HE that BELIEVETH IN HIM
Might not PERISH
But have ETERNAL LIFE

Hey nowhere is it said that we are the ONLY PLANET..the creator of all made many planets and many places but we are his greatest creation we are made in his image...we look like GOD...he sent us his SON..WE look like him also.
Out of all he made we are the creation he loves the most.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Phantom

if anything, the current situation is completely opposite of this statement. if we were meant to be deceived into believing there are "space aliens" then someone is doing their job horribly.

How so? Look at all of the people that believe that there are space aliens.

Maybe Jesus came here because there is nothing out there. Maybe we are it. But then that would mean that there are no "space aliens". So what is it that people see? And how did they get the idea that what they see is from "outer space"?

And why deceive us?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join