It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus is real, why did he choose earth?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It was rumored long before the whole christianity religion ever existed......that Gods really love how hot our women are. Perhaps Goddesses are fat and hairy and just don't quite do it for the guy....so he impregnates a human chick...cause damn....they do get hotter and hotter every time I look around.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

It was rumored long before the whole christianity religion ever existed......that Gods really love how hot our women are. Perhaps Goddesses are fat and hairy and just don't quite do it for the guy....so he impregnates a human chick...cause damn....they do get hotter and hotter every time I look around.

signature
Teeth are my gold.

-The Tooth Fairy

maybe it was rumored... it was also once a fact that big rocks fell faster than little rocks in a vacuum. it was also once a fact that the earth was flat... it was also once a fact that the sun went around the earth... majority opinion doesnt make anything fact... there is only one truth.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
peter griffin says "aliens are interested in earth couse we have a stargate...........ehehehheeheheheh
"

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Methuselah

Apparently not enough to bother all the people who think it's the real deal. Besides, the Bible itself is full of contradictions, and that hasn't hurt its sales a whole lot.

I have yet to find a contradiction in the bible. if you would like to point any out to me be careful on how you view each context, it can get a little tricky if you read too fast and jump to conclusions.

Oh, no. Not a Literalist. You guys are famous for flipping and twisting yourself into thousands of pretzel shapes in an attempt to make the pieces fit. But just to make you dance like a puppet for me...

Why is it that the Old Testament states clearly and unambiguously that the name of the Messiah will be "Immanuel," yet when this prophesied Messiah eventually shows up, his name is "Jesus" (Yeshua) and he is never once in the Gospels referred to as Immanuel? I mean, that seems like a pretty big error to me. Not even getting the name right. Either somebody was a lousy prophet, or somebody wasn't the actual Messiah.

And... GO!

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Unless you believe the far fetched BS in the bible, God did indeed bang Mary to make Jesus. Ofcourse God is all powerful, and has no penis...right? So God just snaps his fingers and "WHAMO" Mary is pregnant....total BS! Sorry. Anyhow, Jesus's magic was probobly as simple as a modern day card trick, illusion to anyone with a brain, totally unbelievable and incredible to the usual idiot that inhabits the planet.
All that talk about being the son of God and having magic is what got him crucified to begin with, as no one likes a loser with claims he cannot prove. His magic and relation to God really saved him on the cross eh? Unless you believe the biblical whore that claimed he arose from the dead 3 days after his death, who was most likely intoxicated after a night of pleasing johns, then this story is purely to give children...and people with the brains of children, false hope.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Why is it that the Old Testament states clearly and unambiguously that the name of the Messiah will be "Immanuel," yet when this prophesied Messiah eventually shows up, his name is "Jesus" (Yeshua) and he is never once in the Gospels referred to as Immanuel? I mean, that seems like a pretty big error to me. Not even getting the name right. Either somebody was a lousy prophet, or somebody wasn't the actual Messiah.

thats actually not too hard to answer. Names used to have more meaning than they do today. God/Jesus have many different names.

I am that I am, Jehovah, Jesus, Immanuel, Alpha and Omega, Elohim, Yahweh, Governor, consuming fire, chief cornerstone, the branch, father, light of the world, savior.
Shall I go on?

and all of these names are used to describe Him.

If you really want an answer to this question, one that you will understand, I suggest you pray about it and He will help you understand. cuz, no matter what answer I present to you, its not going to be good enough. I understand it, I just dont know how to explain it very well.

and they will call him Immanuel, not necessarily name him that. Immanuel means "God is with us". Thats what they called him, they called him Lord (another name for God), do a little research on the use and meanings of names and how they were used in the bible. names were more than just something to call someone by. they had more meaning then that.

and actually there are many other places in the bible where you (with your lack of understanding) would bring this up. these names are used to describe him, not his actual name. either way, he is still God.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Well if there is a 'Jesus' and he really is the 'son of god' then im sure he is making his rounds to all the planets spreading the 'word of god'.

Wouldnt be fair any other way.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Unless you believe the far fetched BS in the bible, God did indeed bang Mary to make Jesus. Ofcourse God is all powerful, and has no penis...right? So God just snaps his fingers and "WHAMO" Mary is pregnant....total BS! Sorry. Anyhow, Jesus's magic was probobly as simple as a modern day card trick, illusion to anyone with a brain, totally unbelievable and incredible to the usual idiot that inhabits the planet.
All that talk about being the son of God and having magic is what got him crucified to begin with, as no one likes a loser with claims he cannot prove. His magic and relation to God really saved him on the cross eh? Unless you believe the biblical whore that claimed he arose from the dead 3 days after his death, who was most likely intoxicated after a night of pleasing johns, then this story is purely to give children...and people with the brains of children, false hope.

watch it there bud, your words are starting to become offensive.
Jesus died to save you and me, he did that out of love. not because he couldnt save himself. a loser would have decided that he was too good to die for his creation. so I guess losers love so much that they would give their life for the sake of others? wow, i def dont wanna be your friend.

and your sarcastic arguments are a joke. I can tell you havent read enough to even try to understand God and his Word. if you have a point to make, then make it, but dont go around throwing things around that have already been discussed.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Methuselah

signature
Teeth are my gold.

-The Tooth Fairy

maybe it was rumored... it was also once a fact that big rocks fell faster than little rocks in a vacuum. it was also once a fact that the earth was flat... it was also once a fact that the sun went around the earth... majority opinion doesnt make anything fact... there is only one truth.

And what is that truth? and is it based in something other than the opinion of others?

And while we are on the subject... does it even matter? I can't remember the last time truth actually mattered in anything.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
My one and only point is: is that Jesus may infact have been the son of God, but God must have had sexual relations with a human female in order for Jesus to have been popping his head out 9 months down the line. So maybe, just maybe....God has a thing for Earth women....as I myself....a very straight human male, also have a major attraction to the human female. If God didn't find human females apealing, he would have "planted his seed" in a goat or dog, like some "human males" in the world do on a daily basis.
I am sure life exists on other planets, and you can call me racist for saying that the human race is the best looking out of all life in the universe.....but that would be the most stupid comment I would ever hear.
And...once again starting with and.....Jesus didn't chose Earth...his father chose an Earth woman.....as Jesus was nothing until God and Mary did the nasty in a barn.
If you find what I type offensive, pray for my soul or something.

I had to edit this in.....
Jesus did not die for anything other than running his mouth about being God, and blasphemy was quite an offense back in those days.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by saintnuke]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by saintnuke
My one and only point is: is that Jesus may infact have been the son of God, but God must have had sexual relations with a human female in order for Jesus to have been popping his head out 9 months down the line.

Not necessarily.... Virgin Births happen all the time..

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Bah....virgin births in reptiles and sharks and other creatures. But I would like proof that a virgin birth in a human that is not a mixture of both sexes(hermy) is possible. Back in biblical days, if Mary had sex before marriage, or was raped for that matter, she would have been very looked down upon and possibly stoned to death or something along those lines. Maybe Joseph was the father of Jesus...but if they were not married when they rolled around in the hay.....they would have to devise some virgin birth story to save themselves from religious punishment.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by saintnuke
Bah....virgin births in reptiles and sharks and other creatures. But I would like proof that a virgin birth in a human that is not a mixture of both sexes(hermy) is possible. Back in biblical days, if Mary had sex before marriage, or was raped for that matter, she would have been very looked down upon and possibly stoned to death or something along those lines. Maybe Joseph was the father of Jesus...but if they were not married when they rolled around in the hay.....they would have to devise some virgin birth story to save themselves from religious punishment.

It can happen in any animal. Keep in mind that most avatars throughout history were also said to have been the result of Virgin Births, so it's also par for the course when building legitimacy of a new Avatar.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
If I came up with a good story about an alien space craft trailing a comet that will one day pass by the Earth, and that by ending our life, our souls will rise up and board that space craft....and people believed me....I could very well be the result of a virgin birth simply by telling those morons that I was. Some people need something to believe in...and will kill for those beliefs. Isn't killing a sin? Oh yeah...not if you do it in the name of God.....bah!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Why earth?

Good question. I'm sure I"ll learn by your question.
So, let's see what God's Word has to say about "earth" when it comes to "Jesus".

Here 10 reasons for you my friend, just like the 10 fingers on your hands:

1. Because Jesus 'has Power on earth to forgive sins.' (Mark 2:10)

2. And because He is LORD of Heaven and Earth. (Matt. 11:25)

3. To come to you on earth to give you His Only Begotten Son that if you would believe in Him you shall not perish but you will have Everlasting Life. (John 3:16)

4. And because the earth is God's Footstool. (Matt. 5:35)

5. Because what is bound on 'earth' will be bound in heaven. (Matt. 18:18) It's God's choice in the matter.

6. Because Jesus was to be buried in the 'belly of the earth' for 3 days and 3 nights. (Matt. 12:40)

7. Because the blood of Abel was 'shed upon the earth'. (Matt 23:35)

8. Because if two of you shall agree 'on earth' as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of Jesus' Father which is in heaven. (Matt 18:19)

9. Because the generation of serpents and vipers can not excape the damnation of hell (which is in the belly of the earth) without Christ coming to save those who believe. (Matt. 23:33)

10. Because the blessed meek 'shall inherit the earth'. (Matt: 5:5)

Rejoicing and exceedingly glad,
Connie

[edit on 8/10/2007 by Jesus-Is-Real]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus-Is-Real

Seven reasons for you my friend:

So your saying God isn't loving enough to share this divine knowledge with other intelligent beings on other planets? Sorry, but none of these reasons answer the original question, so let me rephrase it for you:

If God has power throughout the whole universe, over all planets and species on those planets, why would he just chose one species(humans) on one planet(earth) to "save"?

And lets be honest, if Jesus was real, he has done a poor job at enlightening us. With all the wars and evil in the world, we aren't any closer to global peace than we were 2000 years ago.

3. And because the earth is God's Footstool. (Matt. 5:35)

Yeah this one sounds about right.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Seven reasons for you my friend:

So your saying God isn't loving enough to share this divine knowledge with other intelligent beings on other planets? Sorry, but none of these reasons answer the original question, so let me rephrase it for you:

If God has power throughout the whole universe, over all planets and species on those planets, why would he just chose one species(humans) on one planet(earth) to "save"?

And lets be honest, if Jesus was real, he has done a poor job at enlightening us. With all the wars and evil in the world, we aren't any closer to global peace than we were 2000 years ago.

3. And because the earth is God's Footstool. (Matt. 5:35)

Yeah this one sounds about right.

Let me ask you my friend, do you despise your own foot, yeah the body part just below your ankle? *smiling......do you?

This what *Footstool* means:

NT:4228 *Footstool* (Matt. 5:35)

pous (pooce); a primary word; a "foot" (figuratively or literally): KJV - foot (-stool). (Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright (c) 1994, Biblesoft and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Do you not appreciate your own foot? Don't they both take you places, like even to the fridge, and to the bathroom and even to your computer?
And you don' t despise your own feet do you?

Then why believe that God is despising His own Foot as something worthless? My thoughts are higher than your thoughts saith The Lord of Heaven and Earth.

Because we (warm blooded people) are right here and no where else and it's what God and we are looking at right now and are living on Earth. See, God's not going to speak about the 200th planet from that 3 milloineth star to the right with us because we couldn't comprehend it. Why? Because we are not there. But we are 'on earth' where He created us. And so here we are and The Earth is God's Footstool. And that's a good thing.

God's the only help we all have. But it's only a few who will find Life. That's why we see so much mayham in the earth. God won't robot even a bunch of serpents and vipers. He didn't me when I was loving to be a serpent in my past. But when He came and saved me, then I hated my own ways of being a serpent.

[edit on 8/10/2007 by Jesus-Is-Real]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

by Aces-in-the-Hole

Hopefull we will find out one day, He said he was the bread of life and he came not of his on accord but to do the will of the father, because the father saw we were lost, he loved this would for some strange reason he came to bring the light,

What is this light, why did he call himself the light of the world?

The light shines in the darkness, is this where we live, could this be us?

The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood

Read this one very carefully, what do you see?

Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become

"children of God"

children born not of

"natural descent," nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of "God."

No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only

by Aces-in-the-HoleAnd lets be honest, if Jesus was real, he has done a poor job at enlightening us. With all the wars and evil in the world, we aren't any closer to global peace than we were 2000 years ago.

Jesus left the planet.

A few have kept his last commandment, most have not,

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another.”By this everyone will know that you are my disciples,

Sounds easy, YES?

Almost impossible to accomplish.

---------------------------------------
Mod edit - fixed quotes

Please read; BB code

handbook.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10/8/07 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Because we (warm blooded people) are right here and no where else

Humans could be on a thousand planets for all we know.

and it's what God and we are looking at right now and are living on Earth.

God is divine and is everywhere at all times though, omnipresence, right?

See, God's not going to speak about the 200th planet from that 3 milloineth star to the right with us because we couldn't comprehend it.

And by we, I assume you mean you. Because can not only can I and many others comprehend it, I would think it downright illogical that we are alone in this universe considering it's size.

Here is a scenario that I have created for you, maybe you can humor me and enlighten me with some answers:

The Zenoid species are itelligent beings that live on Planet Z.

1) Is there a Jesus that was born on Planet Z?

2) If so, is that Jesus Zenoid or Human?

3) Do they use the same bible and replace the humans with zenoids? Or, did their own unique stories get recorded in their bible?

4) Were the zenoids told that they were the only ones to be "saved"?

5) If god created the whole universe, why would he only focus on one planet? Doesn't this contradict his omnipresence?

6) If God is all knowing, and created humans in his own image, wouldn't it stand to reason that he would want us to gain as much knowledge as possible about everything in his universe?

[edit on 8/10/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Stormdancer777, I can't make any sense of your post with all that improper quoting. Read up hear about quoting and get back to me, I'll be glad to respond...

ATS Handbook

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join