It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus is real, why did he choose earth?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
We don't know there's any other life, ANYWHERE. Christ, we don't even know that much.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
We don't know there's any other life, ANYWHERE. Christ, we don't even know that much.

That fine if you believe that, but this thread is asking the question based on the idea that life DOES exist in other places. Try reading the original post, and then add something useful instead of just getting angry and posting one liners.

You can argue about wether live exists elsewhere in another thread, thats not what we are discussing here.

[edit on 8/10/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole

Originally posted by Jesus-Is-Real

Because we (warm blooded people) are right here and no where else

Humans could be on a thousand planets for all we know.

and it's what God and we are looking at right now and are living on Earth.

God is divine and is everywhere at all times though, omnipresence, right?

See, God's not going to speak about the 200th planet from that 3 milloineth star to the right with us because we couldn't comprehend it.

And by we, I assume you mean you. Because can not only can I and many others comprehend it, I would think it downright illogical that we are alone in this universe considering it's size.

Here is a scenario that I have created for you, maybe you can humor me and enlighten me with some answers:

The Zenoid species are itelligent beings that live on Planet Z.

1) Is there a Jesus that was born on Planet Z?

2) If so, is that Jesus Zenoid or Human?

3) Do they use the same bible and replace the humans with zenoids? Or, did their own unique stories get recorded in their bible?

4) Were the zenoids told that they were the only ones to be "saved"?

5) If god created the whole universe, why would he only focus on one planet? Doesn't this contradict his omnipresence?

6) If God is all knowing, and created humans in his own image, wouldn't it stand to reason that he would want us to gain as much knowledge as possible about everything in his universe?

[edit on 8/10/07 by AcesInTheHole]

Where are you right now, on earth. If we humble yourself God's going to cause the Meek to Inherit the Earth, His Footstool.

[edit on 8/10/2007 by Jesus-Is-Real]
--------------------------------------------
You have a U2U

[edit on 10/8/07 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Stormdancer777, I can't make any sense of your post with all that improper quoting. Read up hear about quoting and get back to me, I'll be glad to respond...

ATS Handbook

I think the mod fixed it, Sorry,

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
There is a movie called www.zeitgeistmovie.com...

Watch it understand it and accept it for it is the truth. God is real but maybe only god...and not god as you have been taught. It is an eye opening movie..ONLY IF your strong enough to watch it.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have watched it, thank you.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
stormdancer..What did you think of it? I know it changed my perspective. I myself am a "seeker" so to speak. I big beliver in God. I still believe in god. Very much so. However it did change my perception.

Better than fight clun that movie zeitgeist.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I find myself trying to wrap my head around this idea. If god's spirit was really born into a man, why Jesus? Why humans? Why earth? Out of all the other possible inhabitable planets with intelligent beings, what makes us so special? Has Jesus been to every inhabited planet to die and be resurected?

And please don't tell me that we are the only intelligent beings living on the only inhabitable planet in the universe.

well first you have to accept the whole "jesus the son of god" think. I don't believe that. Jesus was an Avatar, nothing more.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
We don't even *know* for a fact that Jesus existed. We have to take that on faith, like everything else. Which means... There is no use arguing. The only thing we can go on is what we know that History has done to Jesus, like make him white, call him the Son of God "Begotten not made", make him celibate, etc.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
AcesInTheHole,

"Find your place in the field" (taken from the movie Bagger Vance) and God will meet you there.

Good night my friend,
Connie

[edit on 8/10/2007 by Jesus-Is-Real]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hey jesus is real...Did you check out the zietgiest movie though the link I posted a few posts up? I think you would really be interested in it.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

We don't even *know* for a fact that Jesus existed. We have to take that on faith, like everything else. Which means... There is no use arguing. The only thing we can go on is what we know that History has done to Jesus, like make him white, call him the Son of God "Begotten not made", make him celibate, etc.

and I supposed we dont know for sure if World War I really happened either. heck, I guess we dont even know if yesterday really happened either. I we have to take that all on faith because we dont really know. and not all images og Jesus are white, I think that he was probably dark skinned and looked similar to an Arab. and yes, we believe the bible, its based on faith, and there is no denying that. but we live with that as truth because when you really have true love for God you find that it is truth and there is no denying it.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Methuselah

and I supposed we dont know for sure if World War I really happened either. heck, I guess we dont even know if yesterday really happened either. I we have to take that all on faith because we dont really know. and not all images og Jesus are white, I think that he was probably dark skinned and looked similar to an Arab. and yes, we believe the bible, its based on faith, and there is no denying that. but we live with that as truth because when you really have true love for God you find that it is truth and there is no denying it.

When I said "everything else" I was referring to "everything else about Jesus".

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I hear my Great Grandfather talk about WWI all the time. I don't however hear anyone talking about having tea with Jesus, so it is something we just have to take on faith.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I hear my Great Grandfather talk about WWI all the time. I don't however hear anyone talking about having tea with Jesus, so it is something we just have to take on faith.

not to bust your bubble, but Jesus time here on earth was a little over 2,000 years ago, I doubt anyone is that old. what do you think started our calendar years? Jesus Christ.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
I don't however hear anyone talking about having tea with Jesus, so it is something we just have to take on faith.

Then you sir, have not heard of Pat Robertson.

In all seriousness, there were many prophets before Jesus, and none of them have left any physical evidence of their existence either. People won't dispute the existence of Moses as they do Jesus, and yet in respect they were both prophets of the same God.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

In all seriousness, there were many prophets before Jesus, and none of them have left any physical evidence of their existence either. People won't dispute the existence of Moses as they do Jesus, and yet in respect they were both prophets of the same God.

really?
why do you think we have fault lines and unstable plates, and sea trenches? why does the earth look all busted up like a baseball from a geologic point of view? why do we have fossil fuels? why do we have fossils?
Noah left a lot of evidence.

why is the top of mount Sinai still burnt? why do we find chariots at the bottom of the sea they crossed?

plenty of evidence, we just chose to look the other way.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

I agree. I suppose the death/crucifixtion, was the ultimate sacrifice. There really is no other greater sacrifice than to give your own life for another. Especially if you give out of love. even for those that hate you. I believe that was the real message of Christ that gets so misconscruted by the "church".
Human beings sin. Many will disagree,especially satanists, and some psycologists. But the fact of the matter is, if you believe in Christ or the Bible. They kinda go hand in hand.. one binds oneself to a set of standards that man cannot live up to. Therefore we are in need of a savior, mediator to intercede with God. Hence the need for Christ to come to earth..IMO

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Fact: as far as we know, we are the only planet to chose from.
Fact (according to the bible) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
According to this verse, I would gather that he made earth as the only planet to inhabit life. which right there gives you your answer.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Methuselah

Fact: as far as we know, we are the only planet to chose from.

Absence of evidence does not constitute evidence of absence.

EDIT:I guess you missed this...

That fine if you believe that, but this thread is asking the question based on the idea that life DOES exist in other places. Try reading the original post, and then add something useful instead of just getting angry and posting one liners.

You can argue about wether live exists elsewhere in another thread, thats not what we are discussing here.

[edit on 9/3/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I find myself trying to wrap my head around this idea. If god's spirit was really born into a man, why Jesus? Why humans? Why earth? Out of all the other possible inhabitable planets with intelligent beings, what makes us so special? Has Jesus been to every inhabited planet to die and be resurected?

And please don't tell me that we are the only intelligent beings living on the only inhabitable planet in the universe.

ok let me give this another shot...

Why Jesus? because it was foretold...
Why Humans (Man).. because we are in the image of God
why earth? earth has so many things around it that has to be within certain ranges, numbers etc... in order for life to exist. the earth is the right size, the right distance from the sun, has the right sized moon, etc... many of these things are not possible on other planets due to one thing or another. and if there was such thing as intelligent life on other planets... im sure we would have the initiative to send a satellite to take some photos to prove there as life on other plants.

what makes us so special? we are his creation... we are made to worship him, we have fallen and we wanted to redeem us but gave us the choice to refuse or choose.

has he been to all of the other planets?
that depends on if they messed up too... maybe they havent messed up yet if they are really out there.
and im sure that if he had to die on all of the other planets... he would because he loves his creation and wants us to have eternal life with him.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join