It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure is close!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Theres a very good reason why he has not appeared on ATS, and some other characters like Mr.Lear for example, have done.. thats something for you to figure out, because im not going to say it myself.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
Also the fact that Greer never makes an appearance on here.

It shows the true character of Leader Greer. He is too gutless to register here and debate some of the members. He and his Cult's dogma would be ripped to shreds in a matter of minutes - with no chance of ET forcing us all to put down our keyboards and play guitars!

Wait a minute here - have the ATS staff ever actually asked him nicely to make an appearance here? Or an official TDP representative, if he's too busy?

Remember when I tried to encourage the staff to communicate with CSETI and got...... complete silence? Not even a "we tried that already"?

Leader Greer knows that it's not safe for him to appear in a place where his disclosure lies will be exposed. That's why he uses his zealots here to perpetually cycle his name on the front page.

Ummm.... his name ISN'T on the front page.

Uh-oh, looks like I violated my "viral marketing" agreement with Greer!

(And before you pounce on that vultures, that WAS a joke)

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Wait a minute here - have the ATS staff ever actually asked him nicely to make an appearance here? Or an official TDP representative, if he's too busy?

The ATS staff never asked me to register here. As a person interested in UFOs and aliens, I found the site through a Google search - I did not need an invite, so why should Leader Greer?

Leader Greer does not need an invite from the ATS to register here. All that he needs to do is to create an account and sign in. Cult Greer knows about ATS. Cult Greer reacted by pulling mothra from public display, after Cult Greer read the ridicule generated here on ATS.

Remember when I tried to encourage the staff to communicate with CSETI and got...... complete silence? Not even a "we tried that already"?

The ATS staff do not need to extend ANYTHING to Leader Greer! Leader Greer is free to create an account here all on his own. Leader Greer knows about ATS. He reads these threads, knows the truth in them and dares not sign up to defend his own BUNK.

For now, I agree. His name is not on the front page. However, a thread that mentions him is - this one.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

The ATS staff never asked me to register here. As a person interested in UFOs and aliens, I found the site through a Google search - I did not need an invite, so why should Leader Greer?

Ummm.... because he's a very busy guy.

Leader Greer does not need an invite from the ATS to register here. All that he needs to do is to create an account and sign in.

Right, but he probably won't, because evidently he feels he has more important things to do with his time, and the ATS staff evidently haven't tried to negotiate with him or make him welcome here. (Of course, they're free to prove me wrong...........)

The ATS staff do not need to extend ANYTHING to Leader Greer!

Wrong, he is very busy, he may not ever show up here unless the ATS staff make him some kind of offer.

Leader Greer knows about ATS. He reads these threads, knows the truth in them and dares not sign up to defend his own BUNK.

How do you know that? How do you know that he reads these threads?

I disagree, I don't think he does at all.

For now, I agree. His name is not on the front page. However, a thread that mentions him is - this one.

So? What's your point?

Did I start this thread? No.

I made one little post discouraging people from thinking of Greer as a "new age Jesus Christ" and suddenly the vultures are all on me turning this thread into another Greer war.

If you're so opposed to discussions of Greer being on the front page, all you have to do is stop arguing with me and bumping the thread! Poof, problem solved!

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Well, your friend la...ETD tried it again just yesterday - marketing -> alert -> delete.

And unless you won't stop spreading lies, your avian friends will be here to set it straight. In another thread, just some weeks ago, it has been presented to you, that ATS has been in contact with greer and had ATSlers going to his lightshow. Again, stop spreading blunt lies.

I am all but against greer on the front page, because people looking for information about the cult, get some collected facts and so - no money for the cult.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phil J. Fry

Well, your friend la...ETD tried it again just yesterday - marketing -> alert -> delete.

Likely because ETD already had one thread reminding people about Greer's upcoming appearance in Montreal (which didn't get deleted), so there was no need for another one.

And that has nothing to do with me.

And unless you won't stop spreading lies, your avian friends will be here to set it straight. In another thread, just some weeks ago, it has been presented to you, that ATS has been in contact with greer and had ATSlers going to his lightshow. Again, stop spreading blunt lies.

All that was presented was the fact that a couple of ATS members had said they had been to a training and it was "very discouraging".

Nothing was presented about the ATS staff themselves communicating/negotiating with Greer/TDP/CSETI.

I bet TDP would be willing to at least have an official representative do a Q&A session or "Mix" show with ATS if they are asked nicely, even if Greer himself is too busy to do it - maybe Debbie could even be persuaded to make an appearance....

But again, that would require people to change their tone from "CULT! FRAUD! LIES! CULT! FRAUD! LIES!" to being polite and civil, something that the vultures may not be mature enough to do....

[edit on 4-8-2007 by MrdDstrbr]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Look, I think Greer is a loser, but not because, like so many others, he is trying to make a living out of this. We look at UFOs as a hobby, and earn our daily bread some other way. But if you are full time into something, then you have to get your money from that.

I have a problem with people here using the "(s)he must be a lying fraud because there's selling involved" approach. Some of you donated to the Ron Paul campaign, some of you give money to the church of your choice, some of you bought Windows, some of you bought Volvos. The fact that any of these things has a monetary component is not the central issue by which we should decide their worth.

And what is there about Greer that makes people react so hotly? Those that follow him do it with adoration, and those that don't, want to see him fry. Good grief people, he's just one more little man out there trying to cash in on the insatiable hunger of the believers. So why do you vultures (
) feel such a need to derail this one? He'll self destruct soon enough.

It is unseemly for those I respect to behave like this. Point out what's wrong, in your opinion, and let it go. Some of you are downright bloodthirsty.

And you dear Greerites, being long suffering and pious is the Christian shtick, so you really need to find your own way of expressing yourself. Whining about being misunderstood and picked on is really lame.

I seriously doubt that this thread would impress a newcomer. ATS is better than this level of banality.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

so there was no need for another one.

Wrong, double posts get closed with a link to the first thread, marketing gets deleted.

And that has nothing to do with me.

Sorry to say that, but you are not the point here, talk was about the zealots of greer.

All that was presented was the fact that a couple of ATS members had said they had been to a training and it was "very discouraging".

And how much do you need to see the facts ? 10 more ? 100 ? 1000 ? ALL of them said the same thing.

But again, that would require people to change their tone from "CULT! FRAUD! LIES! CULT! FRAUD! LIES!" to being polite and civil, something that the vultures may not be mature enough to do....

Yeah sure, i am pretty sure it would also require to not ask about certain mothspecies, cancer rays and things like that. No sorry, any member would be met with the same scrutiny. Why should they get a special treatment ? The cult IS about fraud, money and lies, so why should we change our tone ?
Take John Lear as an example, he is here, permanently answering questions, no matter how hostile the attitudes may be. Personally i don't believe in his story, but i credit him for being here.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
And you dear Greerites, being long suffering and pious is the Christian shtick, so you really need to find your own way of expressing yourself. Whining about being misunderstood and picked on is really lame.

Hey, shut up, my tone is hardly "whiny", just stating the facts here

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Hey, shut up, my tone is hardly "whiny", just stating the facts here

See, I like you better already.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I have a problem with people here using the "(s)he must be a lying fraud because there's selling involved" approach.

I can only talk for me, but it's about what's on sale. Of course anyone has to make a living, sure, let him sell his books - but charging people 800$ to be ambassadors of the universe is (at least for me) disgusting.

And what is there about Greer that makes people react so hotly?

Hey, you should see me debating hotly, mildly amused is closer to my attitude in this case
The point about greer is, that he won't stop sending his recruitement teams here, i didn't create a thread like "greer is a big fraud" it's only reacting

Point out what's wrong, in your opinion, and let it go.

And let the lalancettes roam around the board spreading lies ? I admit, that greerists are "easy prey", sure, but as long as they post their ...ehm...wisdom, i'm going to comment.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phil J. Fry

And how much do you need to see the facts ? 10 more ? 100 ? 1000 ? ALL of them said the same thing.

No, we've also had Lalancette here speaking very positively about the training.

And we've also seen a couple dozen CSETI members, Greer himself amongst them, performing the CE-5 protocol, vectoring in a UFO, and a newswoman showing it on national TV and proclaiming, "I DID see a UFO!"

And that positive evidence in Greer's favor WON'T go away, no matter how much you guys try to focus only on the negative evidence.....

Anyway, that wasn't the point of the discussion; the question is whether or not the ATS staff have made any effort to negotiate with Greer/TDP/CSETI and get a rep on here to do some Q&A, if not Greer himself.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by MrdDstrbr]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Yes, $800.00 is a chunk of change. Now ask yourself who would pay that? Are these the type of people you want to converse with anyway? Are you on a mission to save money for morons?

I'll tell you, and others, how it appears to this observer. It seems that some folks hate Greer because he is taking over all the good dupes that spend cash on idiot ideas, and so your favorite shyster is losing needed revenue.

"Come to the Catholic Church, because we have the true teachings of Christ."

"No, they're spreading lies, come to the Methodist Church where we teach that you don't need a priest."

"But we Catholics are the oldest church, and have direct links to the apostles."

"The only direct link you need is found in revelations between you and God, and that happens at the Methodist Church."

Most fanatics are not searching for the truth, they're looking for a convert.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
NGC: I see your point but I don't agree with comparing CSETI to a Church.

From what I know of the CSETI training, it's very methodical. Greer gives meditation training to help people achieve higher states of consciousness, and the gifts of remote viewing, foresight, telepathy etc.

He doesn't get caught up in arguing a lot of theology and religious dogma - rather he says that all those things are moot because we are all One anyway.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I'll tell you, and others, how it appears to this observer. It seems that some folks hate Greer because he is taking over all the good dupes that spend cash on idiot ideas, and so your favorite shyster is losing needed revenue.

Could you elaborate? I haven't seen a Greer critic offer an alternative cult to Greer so money could be spent elsewhere. I woudn't be surprised if there were competition; I just haven't heard it. I don't know how the Meier group feels about Greer, although I know they have put out information critical of other contactees. I don't follow their group. So f you could point out other Greer hater shysters, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

NGC: I see your point but I don't agree with comparing CSETI to a Church.

From what I know of the CSETI training, it's very methodical. Greer gives meditation training to help people achieve higher states of consciousness, and the gifts of remote viewing, foresight, telepathy etc.

He doesn't get caught up in arguing a lot of theology and religious dogma - rather he says that all those things are moot because we are all One anyway.

Oh, I'm not being fashionable and calling this a cult/church thing. It is a marketing ploy that is the same one used by churches. Each competing group tries to "out" the other by saying what they feel is wrong with their competitor. And in the end, it is money that drives the buggy.

Churches compete for members, and so do UFO groups. The more people that think/believe in your product, the more they fork over cash for you to use. It matters not if what is being sold is telepathy or conversations with the Virgin Mary, it is the marketing strategy of each to reach in and "rip loose" the believer from where he is safely/happily ensconced and "convert" this person into buying your brand.

Now I am not saying this is wrong or right, just that it is. Each believer is, in theory, free to choose which camp to tie himself to. But it is also incumbent on those who follow any dogma, to proclaim it to be the one true faith, and to seek out and batter those of any opposing faith. It matters not at all if we are talking about cruise lines or automobiles or politicians.

The sad part of all of this is that the truth is usually the real casualty in these internecine disputes. What may have began as an exploration for the truth becomes a bulwark of stances and ideas that cannot be rethought or discarded least fallibility causes the organization to lose followers. And just as humans have a survival instinct, so do groups.

It is for this reason that some of us avoid "group think" and row on alone, scavenging ideas from the Sea of Conflicting Truths.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

And we've also seen a couple dozen CSETI members, Greer himself amongst them, performing the CE-5 protocol, vectoring in a UFO, and a newswoman showing it on national TV and proclaiming, "I DID see a UFO!"

Yeah, I saw that. A light in the sky. Technically, it's a UFO. Yawah can do that, too. There's a thread here right now debating his balloo....er, I mean, UFO light in the sky that he vectored in by praying. The reporter there in Las Vegas said the same thing, too. 'I DID see a UFO!' Course, Yawah's message is a wee bit different than CSETI.

Still waitin' on the mothership. Hey, can you get Mothra posted back again? I miss Mothra. At least there was detail there, something you could see--not just a light in the sky. Does ANYONE have a picture of Mothra? Please?

Old sig: I'm tired of lights in the sky. Lights in the sky do not prove aliens.

New sig:
!
!
V

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Hey, can you get Mothra posted back again? I miss Mothra. At least there was detail there, something you could see--not just a light in the sky. Does ANYONE have a picture of Mothra? Please?

Isn't it permanently embedded into the "Steven Greer photographs" thread?

Old sig: I'm tired of lights in the sky. Lights in the sky do not prove aliens.

New sig:
!
!
V

Yes, you change your sig to reflect what you're thinking about at the moment. Good for you!
I do that too....

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Isn't it permanently embedded into the "Steven Greer photographs" thread?

No, I don't think so. It comes up as a red 'x' so I think it was originally just a link to the original public posting, before it was moved.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Could you elaborate? I haven't seen a Greer critic offer an alternative cult to Greer so money could be spent elsewhere. I woudn't be surprised if there were competition; I just haven't heard it. I don't know how the Meier group feels about Greer, although I know they have put out information critical of other contactees. I don't follow their group. So f you could point out other Greer hater shysters, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

It's not always a one to one relationship. The Greer bashers may be selling the idea of government black ops and the false flag idea. If our own government is the only alien, then you can easily laugh at Greer, which is a form of bashing. And cults need not have religious overtones; look at academia as a whole and it is rife with personality cults.

And the bashers are believers, they're not in it for the money. But somewhere up the line, someone is. And once a follower ties himself to a certain camp, he is pressured to remain faithful to it in the future lest he look weak for changing his views. Humans hate to be wrong, for then they feel the pain of betrayal, both as the one betrayed and as the betrayer. This leads to a form of mental blindness where the Emperor must be clothed, or I am an idiot.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join