It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure is close!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
what really gets on my tits is when people post a thread entitled "Disclosure is close" , implying they have some fantastic new information about Et's and or UFO's.

But when i read the OP it is nothing more than the question is disclosure close?

Whats the point dude.

Honestly.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I personally believe that disclosure will never come as a mass revelation, but as a gradual discovery. It's happening now, and it's been happening throughout human history.

The government, from what I have ascertained, has a love/hate relationship with the alien presence. Take the following as an example:

It's like a high-profile married man and his mistress. He has a long & loving relationship with his wife, but somewhere down the track an irresistible lady caught his eye and fulfilled his every desire & opened his mind to a whole new set of needs and possibilities.

For years this went on, and it all seemed good to both parties. However the mistress had a mind of her own and saw no need to keep it all hush-hush. Sometimes she would use the front door instead of the back. Sometimes she would call at the wrong time. She had a long list of clients and her own agenda and saw no benefit in exclusivity with the man. And the man rarely knew where the mistress was, had no idea about her history or agenda, and each encounter brought more questions than answers. However the man saw that the benefits of the meetings outweighed the risks and pursued his desire, and tried to keep it from his wife.

His wife wasn't stupid however. She saw something was up, though she didn't know the whole story. To get the answers she knew it would either be up to her to find out, or wait for the mistress to seek her out (or wait for her other clients to speak up - or even wait for the mistress to get careless).

But the man would never reveal anything. He played out the scenario in his mind many times and knew the outcome would always leave him without either one of them. He knew he would be publicly broken, shamed, alone and that no one would ever trust him again. This was not an option. So he would let things play out as they may, all while milking it for all it's worth and keeping it quiet so the sky never falls.

This is where we're at now. We're the wife. We're being screwed over and taken for fools, and it will be either up to us to find out the truth or wait for the mistress to knock on our door. Either way the government has too much to lose by coming clean. How ever it plays out, I think 'Disclosure' will be the wrong word to describe the result. 'Discovery' will be more accurate.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
i dont know if yhis is off topic but i just saw on the history chanel that the chinease had missiles bombs and flame throwers 5,000 years ago so if we didnt have so much lost tecnology then mabye we would have UFO type vehicles too

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
I used to have respect for Stephen Greer with his witness statement program.

However now he remind's me more of a new age jesus christ.

This perception is unfortunate, as Greer isn't even Christian, he started out a Baha'i!

Nor does he make any claims of Divinity..... rather he says that all of us can make use of the spiritual abilities he teaches - remote viewing and telepathy, astral project etc.

Try not to think of him as some sort of "Disclosure Messiah" - rather Disclosure must be a team effort by many many people!

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Why do you need "the truth" to be told to you by the POWERS THAT BE
Do you want to hold someone responsible for the lies?
The truth is yours..like the world if you can hold on to it.
Don't wait for an administration to come clean to a people who still believe 3000 Americans have died in Iraq...the true numbers is 5 times higher.
They are here now...we can not stop them catch them or control them..we have (airforce army navy etc)and are trying..
America and Russia along with the UK hold the balance of truth in these matters and will NOT repeat Not Disclose the truth at any cost...
ROSWELL being a case and point "Time Compression " US Airforce explanation for dummy drops that did not begin until years after 1947...That KIND OF TRUTH you will get plenty of.
Read and research on your own come to your own conclusion and then get on with living your life as best you can...KNOWING changes EVERYTHING and NOTHING all at the same time...and I ought to know

[edit on 1-8-2007 by Stanley06]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
The world is a big place and the whole thing is wired together via the internet anymore. Add to that the fact that even twelve year old kids have camara phones now, and any rational person would have to agree that if there was any sort of global or trans-planetary conspiricy to hide alien existance, discloser would have happened forever ago.

if it seems like we're nearing some revelation of alien visitors, it's because the internet is a cespool of feux-experts who can say whatever they think and someone will back them, because the whole thing looks so official.
Trust me, im not looking for a fight and im not aggressively putting down other peoples beleifes, but the day that our benevolent brothers in the sky come down and invite us to join their super-government, is the day that ill here Rod Sterling's voice in my ears:

"Portrait of a people. A sociaty so far gone down the road of destruction that it's only hope is to move slowly and wait for a hand from the heavens and a word of wisdom from mankind's brothers among the stars. A voice they finally heard; in the Twilight Zone."

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
well i can't really be precise, but i'm feeling that unexplainable things in this field are happening so much more in the last two years than ever before and doesn't stop there, it keeps building the pressure and rising even more. Unfortunally the best of technology is also the enemy, never been so easier to fake things and make'em much more realistic than ever... (maybe we'll see 8 year old kids faking ufo pics with realistic precision for fun cos it's so hype
) I wonder where this will lead though, cos all the fake stuff out there contribute to put more pressure over disclosure, it will be interesting to see how things will unfold on the years ahead. I for one vote for a disclosure in your face rather than an gradual one, i think humanity needs this big shock to wake up and change the world for good or for bad, but at least then i guess everyone will stop being so close minded about everything (not just this topic) and we would achieve wonderful things and advances on a global scale, or maybe the other way around, the majority panics, global chaos and the supposed underground\undercover-elite-of-dunno-how-many guys-who-play-with-the-world-the-way-they-want will announce world domination and it's all over woohoo! anything could happen from this from good to worse but there's nothing to do.. but wait. And of course, if the world doesn't change at all after the supposed first contact, as we know how things are around here... i won't be surprised really

[edit on 1-8-2007 by Renan]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
According to John Lear there is not going to be any disclosure like you are envisioning. I trust what he says to be true.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising
According to John Lear there is not going to be any disclosure like you are envisioning. I trust what he says to be true.

Yes, he could be right.
The thing is if you officially open Pandoras box then you have to officially answer a whole galaxy of other questions.
I think if there are any admissions it will be extremely old news and nothing significant.
Its' a shame but I think it could only happen if it was forced upon tem by ET.
Darkheartrising, have you settled on an Avatar version yet or are going for the picture of the day thing ?

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Anyone have an idea where I could find the complete series of Dark Skies with Eric Close at a good price?

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
After seeing a number of posts and news stories recently all saying "UFO seen over this or that city" leads me to another post (which I cannot find) it could have been a Greer statement.

What was intimated was that disclosure would be imminent when UFO's where being spotted over major cities, this was a sign that full disclosure was about to take place.

Does anyone else remember this statement or letter (it may not have been from Stephen Greer at all)

If this is so do you think that any kind of full disclosure is close?

Val

What if there is really nothing to disclose? Other than paper files with blurry pictures and witness statements and such? I know it would kill most woo woo's to even consider there is nothing to disclose, but it is a very real possibility.

I mean, come on guys, our government can't keep anything frigging secret. Most woo woo's on one hand ridicule the government for being incompetent and then turn around and accuse them pulling off feats that would take a well oiled machine to pull off.

For myself, to even consider that UFO's could be kept under wraps for 50 years by any government is inconceivable;e.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Yup, Disclosure. The old chesnut is back in town, maybe one day when everyone has forgotten about it and doesn't really care about it anymore it'll just spring out of nowhere and surprise all of us who are still on our feet, i believe it will not even happen in my lifetime and i'm a mere 25 years old! I don't think public pressure really does much for the case either because i think there would be a large scale uproar aimed right at the government for keeping this kind of information secret for so long (however long it may be) and it wouldn't be like the government to admit they have been lying is it now

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

I mean, come on guys, our government can't keep anything frigging secret.

The can, they do & they will.

What does the human brain and governement have in common? Only the propensity to deny for self preservation.

One major difference is that your brain's hemispheres, lobes & individual neurons are all connected and in communication with one another. The government on the other hand is a disjointed mess of individuals, each with their own agenda who gladly hold up the facade of being communicative and 'for the people.'

The government is not self aware like the people it governs. It is a looming unsympathetic bohemoth, focused on preserving its control. It is horribly compartmentalized, the left hand is unaware of the actions of the right & vice versa. Most people in government are not aware that there is anything to hide. Those few that are 'in the know' will never reveal anything, as they will be shunned and shown the door (or worse).

Nothing will be disclosed. But the more connected and aware we become (via the net & pure discussion), the more likely that people like us will reveal the truth.

[edit on 1/8/07 by Evasius]

[edit on 1/8/07 by Evasius]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
When the US government does disclose anything about ETs you can be certain it will impose their truth only. It will happen and when it does it will be manipulating and to the benefit of few not the masses.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by Osyris]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Nor does he make any claims of Divinity

Stop spreading lies about cult greer !
He DOES claim divinity as seen in the good ol' "alien brother" and since it has been quoted several times now, you know that he does.

All of which is between Greer and his troops. Of more general interest is his declaration, recalled by another former CSETI office manager, Bobbie Ammons, that he's something of a
divine personage: "He told me he is the reincarnation of the son of the founder of the Baha'i
religion." That would be Abdul Baha, son of the prophet whom Baha'is know as Baha' Allah.
According to Ammons, Greer also told her he's "going to be martyred for the cause--which he
says is his destined mission to be the one who represents humanity when the ETs come

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
what really gets on my tits is when people post a thread entitled "Disclosure is close" , implying they have some fantastic new information about Et's and or UFO's.

But when i read the OP it is nothing more than the question is disclosure close?

Whats the point dude.

Honestly.

Well I understand your frustration. if you saw one of my questions was to try and find that 'disclosure' document and within that the statement written was along the lines of: "...when ships are seen over major world cities then disclosure will be near" now this could have been off-world persons or governments from this planet...but lately 'ufos' have been spotted and this has led to this thread.

Val

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvasiusNothing will be disclosed. But the more connected and aware we become (via the net & pure discussion), the more likely that people like us will reveal the truth.

Evasius - I just wanted to say your last two posts reflect a real awareness that's rare around these parts. I agree with everything you've written... I've personally already invested far too much of my "spare time" into research of insiders - and in a nutshell your summary using the metaphor of the husband/wife/mistress is perfect.

Cheers,
-Ry

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'm entertaining the notion that if and when disclosure does occur, it's going start off as an internal affair more than anything else. And by this I mean, hundreds to millions of people will experience a common nocturnal dream which will occur on the same night where upon awakening, these individuals will be sharing their dream with their their families, friends and co-workers only to find that many of whom they are sharing their dreams with also had THE SAME EXACT DREAM the night before too.

The dream itself may only show what may serve as a screen for what it's really portraying. For example, it may show a large grey or black cabin cruiser filled with common everyday people who are eager to make the dreamer feel welcome. Then maybe an elderly woman, who looks like anybody's Aunt Rosie, for example, will point to an area in a star map on the wall in the cabin as if she's showing where she or they are from. But whatever the case may be, they will show in some way or form that they are from someplace else in a way that the dreamer will understand very clearly.

At some point in the dream, there may even be a strange non-human type being who will enter into the scene where everyone in the room acts like he's just like everybody else. No one will even look over to notice him. But you as the dreamer will notice right away that this being is obviously not human. Then this being will hesitantly approach you and say something unintelligible where it will offer you a handshake as a gesture of goodwill where depending on your level of fear, you may or may not recipricate.

This dream that hundreds to millions of people will experience that night will show itself in a photorealistic manner where the dreamer will not only remember it when he wakes up, but he will also be able to recount startling details about it that's unusual for even the most lucid-like dreams. In short, this will not be the kind of dream that one wakes up from and then shrugs off as just another weird, bizarre dream and nothing more. No, this dream will leave a lasting impression on all who experience it where they will want to share it with someone else just to figure it out and interpret it.

Most likely, this mass dream event will not even reach the media -- at least not right away ... but when it does, it will only show up as an article written by a columnist who also had the dream who then finds out that one or 2 others also had the same dream too and then writes about it in his weekly news column because he thought it was interesting. From there, depending how many people read the article, others who had the same dream will comment on that article and admit that they too had the same dream too. As this mass dream event has no precedents, it's hard to say where things will take off from there, but eventually the whole world will know about this event which will be interpreted as something having to do with ET's and their tentative introduction into our world.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phil J. Fry

All of which is between Greer and his troops. Of more general interest is his declaration, recalled by another former CSETI office manager, Bobbie Ammons, that he's something of a
divine personage: "He told me he is the reincarnation of the son of the founder of the Baha'i
religion." That would be Abdul Baha, son of the prophet whom Baha'is know as Baha' Allah.

I don't buy this BS at all. Greer has never once said anything like this himself, in any of his books, articles, radio interviews, testimony etc.

A FORMER employee of his saying things about him behind his back to make him look bad. Hmmm........

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr

I don't buy this BS at all. Greer has never once said anything like this himself, in any of his books, articles, radio interviews, testimony etc.

A FORMER employee of his saying things about him behind his back to make him look bad. Hmmm........

Right. He only says it in private when he thinks no one will repeat it. If you can't debunk the message, debunk the messenger.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join