It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure is close!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smugallo
Please tell me that isn't true? Did Greer & Co. actually try to convince people that this was a 'light being' Lol the guy needs a slap.

I can't tell you it isn't true Smugs', but there would seem to be enough data that the attempt to persuade folks that it was something other than a moth was being attempted.

The "Mount Blanca nerve-gas attack" is high on my list of ill-conceived and poorly executed Greer-Projects. The Greer Accolite Intelligence Deficiency Syndrome protocol seems to discourage "followers-to-be" from promoting equally with such events as the Mothra-Boat-Anchor and "the levitation of groups of automobiles". BTW: It's Moth-time in Quebec this week.

LOL. Slap? Not an entirely unattactive thought Smugs', but I'm thinking SLAPP. A set of new-ish legislation (in Canada) that can prevent non-profits and others from misleading the public with demonstrably false statements. Such behaviour is illegal.

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 5-8-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Palasheea, with all due respect, please tell me, you're being sarcastic or something alike.

Sorry for the one liner, but this is getting ridiculous.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Phil J. Fry]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phil J. Fry

Palasheea, with all due respect, please tell me, you're being sarcastic or something alike.

Sorry for the one liner, but this is getting ridiculous.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Phil J. Fry]

Your apology is accepted.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski

The "Mount Blanca nerve-gas attack" is high on my list of ill-conceived and poorly executed Greer-Projects.
Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 5-8-2007 by V Kaminski]

Ah i heard about that one, wasn't the statement quickly retracted after someone at DP realized he was making a small spectacle of himself?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

I see your point but I don't agree with comparing CSETI to a Church.

CSETI is comparable to a church/religion in that it is entirely faith based. People who subscribe into CSETI's belief-system must have faith in Greer's claims. He has never offered proof that he can levitate, that he can vector ufos,

I already provided a link to the video of a UFO showing up over Greer and his CSETI team and the newsanchor showing it on national TV.

that he can astral travel, that he can remote view,

Of course not, how could one prove such things without training you to experience them for yourself?

that he is a target for assassination,

Of course not, how could he prove that "they" TRIED to kill him but failed?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Please tell me that isn't true? Did Greer & Co. actually try to convince people that this was a 'light being' Lol the guy needs a slap.

Actually, no, the photos page showed up at cseti.org and someone posted a link to them on here. As far as I know they never tried to advertise them or "convince" people.

I believe that the CSETI coordinator posted them, maybe without discussing it with Greer first.

To this day Greer has never said anything about them.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
If you want to drop the discussion of Greer though, then just say it. Otherwise I'm going to go ahead and try to send a letter to him myself just to see if I can drag him over here to the forums so we can get some Q&A done.

Please at least wait to see if Springer is willing to make an official invitation.

I doubt that Greer would actually create an account and start posting in the forum, as he seems to prefer doing radio interviews, so maybe "Mix" would be the ideal medium for this?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
Please at least wait to see if Springer is willing to make an official invitation.

I doubt that Greer would actually create an account and start posting in the forum, as he seems to prefer doing radio interviews, so maybe "Mix" would be the ideal medium for this?

I believe that Springer already made a statement regarding his and ATS' position on that matter.

Why don't you, or a group of people, ask Greer to come here and answer some questions?
I dislike what Greer has been doing lately, but I wouldn't mind being part of that group of people asking Greer to come on ATS and answering a few questions from our members.

We could then make a thread where people would 'send in' their questions to ask Greer, just like ATS mix's.

If he'd be willing to do an interview (answering the members questions) for ATS mix, the better.

What ya think?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think that's an excellent idea Danx. MrdDstrbr, what do you think?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by danx
I believe that Springer already made a statement regarding his and ATS' position on that matter.

Why don't you, or a group of people, ask Greer to come here and answer some questions?
I dislike what Greer has been doing lately, but I wouldn't mind being part of that group of people asking Greer to come on ATS and answering a few questions from our members.

I must say I'm getting really stoked by everyone's enthusiasm for this!

I asked Springer to reconsider his position considering the fact that the CSETI coordinator admitted that they have more evidence in their possession than they've shown us thus far. I really want to see what he says before I take any action on my own this time.....

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea

I was dead serious in my analysis but I'm sorry if you thought I was just trying to be 'funny'.

What analysis exactly are you refering to Palasheea? In reference to the moth photos you stated "The one on the left is A LOT DIFFERENT than the one on the right!" Can that really be classed as analysis

If you really want to analyse the photo explain to us why it is a Light Being and not a moth- if this is what you truly believe, of course.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I asked Springer to reconsider his position considering the fact that the CSETI coordinator admitted that they have more evidence in their possession than they've shown us thus far. I really want to see what he says before I take any action on my own this time.....

I think that's one of the things that throws people off.

What are the reasons to be holding on to 'earth shaking evidence'? Why not show it to people right away? That's why some people are automatically inclined to think that theres an agenda.

And I'm not just talking about Greer.

Dan Akroyd also said he was in possession of O'Hare footage and has yet to release it.
I bet that disappointed a lot of people regarding Dan Akroyd and the potential of the O'Hare incident itself.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

And again, you're wrong.
Dr Steven Greer Practical Applications Unbounded Mind Part 1

52:30 - i guess, i see an alien energy anchor or as he calls it now "extraterrestial communication and scanning probe"

Besides, we've also got another thwarted nuclear weapon like military action against greer, handsome aliens, murdered friends...100minutes of pure greer - have fun

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Here, I'll block out a letter for you:
"Dear, Leader Greer. Do you know that there is a website called ATS that constantly ridicules your claims and disrespects that Cult that you have built? Please, come and defend your position on this website by registering. Incidently, registration is free, it will not cost you $800. Many of the members have expressed a desire to see you type your views on aliens, UFOs and other such topics. Please join. I beg you. Humbly your's..."

There, MrdDstrbr, send it off to Mouthpiece Debbie and she'll see that Leader Greer gets it.

I have a BIG problem with this letter, I understand it was not meant to be taken seriously but this IS the internet and there's a better than zero chance it won't be long before it's all over the place.

My "problem" is with this line: "Do you know that there is a website called ATS that constantly ridicules your claims and disrespects that Cult that you have built?"

That's patently FALSE and seems to ignore what I stated not a page or two back. ATS does NOT ridicule or disrespect anyone or anything. Members who post their opinions may well do so but the site does not.

I know it may seem that I am nit picking here, but this is a serious point and one that can not be over emphasized.

WRT an invitation for Dr. Greer, anyone who wants to invite Dr. Greer to join ATS and post is welcome to do so. If he abides the TAC he will be welcome and warmly received like anyone else.

I want to point out that he will also be protected by the TAC as any other Member here. In other words, once he becomes a Member there will be no more "ridicule and attacking" that is a right afforded our Members.

I should also mention that if he presents images of moths as genuine "alien beings" he will probably be banned for violating the "posting known false information" or "HOAX" clause of the TAC.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm sorry... I goofed. I can see how whomever it was who posted that moth photo on that CSETI page thought it was something 'special'. And I can see how some may think that it's a 'mimicking etheric' materialization but I've re-thought my original thoughts on this and deleted most of my comments in that post on this because the argument for it being what they claim that it is is just not strong enough. And as we can see, by them saying what they think it is, puts them in a situation that makes them look foolish. As the saying goes, extraordinary claims calls for extraordinary evidence and in this case, this moth image is not showing that. In this case, they should have curbed their enthusiasm and chose not to insert it on that page.

Personally, I do see a difference between those 2 images you posted, but it's very easy to conclude that it's just the lighting that's causing those shape distortions in the image on the left that's exaggerating the body size and other features of that moth/being or whatever one chooses to call it.

So I've decided at this point to not to argue that it possibly could be an etheric being of some sort because there are many more better images out there that illustrate examples of such entities but this moth image is not one of them.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Actually, no, the photos page showed up at cseti.org and someone posted a link to them on here. As far as I know they never tried to advertise them or "convince" people.

Actually, yes.

CSETI posted a series of photographs on their official website.

One was the moth (see above) which they describe as a Light Being or Loved One.

Another was a still frame from a video which showed an insect passing close to the lens - CSETI described it as an Energy Communication Anchor that Greer "sensed coming".

A further image showed Greer himself with a bunch of teenage girls and an out-of-focus dust particle over Greer's T-shirt. This speck of dust was said to be an 'Orb'.

The last image was a blue smudge on a landscape photo of Joshua Tree Park. A CSETI spokesman claimed it was an "awesome" photo of a "State Vector Craft" - (or something similar - can't remember his exact terminology). When the photo was zoomed a figure could be made out crouching behind the rocks close to the light source.

CSETI eventually removed the photos "due to ridicule" and according to the sadly-missed Millerman ( MrdDstrbr's siamese twin
) placed them in a member's only section which suggests they are still trying to dupe people with the images.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by danx

I think that's one of the things that throws people off.

What are the reasons to be holding on to 'earth shaking evidence'? Why not show it to people right away? That's why some people are automatically inclined to think that theres an agenda.

Well, apparently CSETI are far from being Steven Spielberg in their ability to document these things on film.

The "Gulf Breeze" encounter for example, where a Triangular UFO approached the group and signalled back and forth with lights, was allegedly quite mindblowing in person, but apparently the video footage looks something like this....

Which could explain why they are reluctant to make the footage widely available, as it's hardly "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". It's a "you had to be there" kind of thing....

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

And again, you're wrong.
Dr Steven Greer Practical Applications Unbounded Mind Part 1

52:30 - i guess, i see an alien energy anchor or as he calls it now "extraterrestial communication and scanning probe"

Yes that's true, but he has never said anything about the moth pic.

And it's interesting - in the photographs thread I had said "that could be some kind of scouting probe" too, before I ever watched the video above

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
WRT an invitation for Dr. Greer, anyone who wants to invite Dr. Greer to join ATS and post is welcome to do so. If he abides the TAC he will be welcome and warmly received like anyone else.

Awesome, thank you Springer!!

What about ATS Mix? I am betting he'll be more inclined to do that than post in the forums, which would be more time consuming for him...

So how do we want to do this guys? Do people want to start sending TDP/CSETI their own invitations, or should I type up an invitation letter and have people "sign" it?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think you should type up an invitation and then have members on this board sign it.
This way it will be less confusing for the Debbie, the webmaster to keep track of how many members here are interested in having him come here to talk to us. Just my .02 worth.

But maybe a new thread with your Greer Invitation should be started up here so that others who are outside of this current discussion are aware of the invitation and a request for members' signatures.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Palasheea]

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join