It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well that is good but keep in mind the angle taken and the distance as compared to where you put the canister. Again no big deal just noting what I see is all.

Now where is by brother in law I could have him bring over his jeep and 40 pounder take my 20 punder set it next to it and take one good picture

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
ATS hicupped and caused two posts please dealete mods thank you

[edit on 7/1/2007 by shots]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Well that is good but keep in mind the angle taken and the distance as compared to where you put the canister. Again no big deal just noting what I see is all.

Yeah, I was aware of that, but did the best I could
. I took the cannister which was most in line with the jeep, but with the piss-poor imaging tools I have at work, I couldn't do what I wanted to do, which was a bit of trigonometry. I just have paint

Originally posted by shots
Now where is by brother in law I could have him bring over his jeep and 40 pounder take my 20 punder set it next to it and take one good picture

Something to bear in mind if you see him over the next few days

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
ok i'll tone it down... in volume but not in straight facts:

Charlie the loafer: :-)

www.washingtonmonthly.com... from Washington Monthly magazine.

Origin Unknown:
The legacy maybe most of us alive willl remember him for is the bitter taste of Iraq. However I think the history books our kids will read will go something like "blair showed solidarity with the usa in the war on terror and the axis of evil, showing courage in the face of a new guerilla enemy" or some stuff like that.

Bullet proof cars was a bit week ai admit. but yeah, tanks, ak47s, armour and all sorts of other weapons. here's a good example:
news.bbc.co.uk...
but there many more examples including ones that don't get reported. gotta say it's a good time to be selling bullets. the war on terror is not just in the west. it's in the war zone that is the middle east. thought you would have noticed that. weapons in the west are being sold to people who aren't terrorists, and really im talking about the USA here. but the UK is buying security products as well, private companies but also big time contracts with the police force, military, some corporations and international arms traders. i mean it's a big industry, but think about trading in africa and the middle east, arming whole armies, arming the iraqi police force, civilian demand... palestine, lebanon... big business and it's been booming. the arms traders and manufacturers have considerable weight in influencing global policy as they are already in sales negociations with the governments that decide policies. you didn't confront me on the issue of oil companies directly, good because there's almost too much to say about that. i will say look into chevron in nigeria (condalizza rice) and haliburton (bush and cheney) in afghanistan (the failed negociations with the taliban in texas) and bechtel in iraq. these are huge companies.
so yeah. the thing is it isnt to be blamed on one country or one government or any particular organisation. it is certain people who are getting rich by pulling this off. and they are in the best of positions in government and industry to guaranty their financial rewards. and there are promotions, awards and other benfits for the people who work for them and their conspirators.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Must admit it's pretty jaw dropping to think (if true) two of these people were Doctors working in UK Hospitals. I mean the potential to cause injury, harm etc working from that position (without any direct terrorism) is pretty horrifying. Especially when you consider the sheer level of reliance on Doctors from overseas within the NHS system and the awful situation of the UK NHS as reported often.

One of the 7/7 bombers was a Primary school teacher also I believe who had already appeared on Intels radar and yet continued to work in that role. Surely both children and the sick are both highly vulnerable groups.

Will this lead to patients refusing treatment from muslim doctors? I can see for example how the tabloid media in the UK will run with this...

[edit on 1-7-2007 by kickoutthejams]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Something to bear in mind if you see him over the next few days

Fat chance of that. He is out in Wyoming on his way west with two of his grand kids (and my sister of course) unless he threw here out at Rushmore
, do not expect him/them back until august.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Anyone other than me think that the U.S. may be hit with terrorist attacks on July 4?

[edit on 7/1/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Please forgive me if my TinFoil Hat is a bit too tight, but here goes:

Multiple "car bomb" attempts incorporating what appear to be pressurized propane and/or butane gas cylinders. So far, not one of these "attacks" has resulted in a civilian fatality, or even serious injury.

Even after at least two of the vehicles intended for the attack began burning.

Yet we know for a fact that such pressurized gas containers can, do, and have in the past, explode, with ofttimes devasting results. Especially in circumstances where they have been exposed to fire!

Yet all we've seen, so far, is a burnt Benz and a well-charred Cherokee!

Where's the "KA-BOOM"?
Isn't there supposed to be an Earth-shattering "KA-BOOOMMM"!

We are quick to assume incompetence on the part of the terrorists. But perhaps we are too quick to make such an assumption.

Now comes word that at least two of the suspects involved with these attacks are Trained Medical Doctors.

Why would MD's be involved with what are essentially car bomb attacks? Isn't that sort of like hiring an Electrical Engineer to hang your new Plasma Screen TV on the wall?

MD's deal with trauma........and Disease.

Doctors can, legitimately, gain access to all sorts of very nasty diseases; usually for "research" purposes. And they know how to provide care for those who have been infected with such diseases; whether the "infectees" were infected by chance, or design.

Doctors usually provide for their patient's care within the setting of a hospital or other facility. But, would it be impossible for an MD to provide personal care for a "special" patient outside of the usual facility?

If they were full of gas, as everyone seems to assume, why didn't those cylinders explode. Were they "full"?

Were they full of "just" gas?

Pressurized gas cylinders might make a decent aerosol-dispersion device for "something" else more deadly.

Could the terrorists in Glasgow have been attempting a "dry run" for a more insidious attack to come?

And upon experiencing a malfunction of their equipment, were they trying to destroy the evidence of the coming attack by hastening the destrution of the vehicle while fighting off the investigating authorities?

Will we ever know?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Makes you wonder though, wouldn't a Dr. level person be aware that using gas tanks like that in a bomb is not very effictive. I mean Dr. level as in intelligent. These gas canisters, arent they supposed to be as fire proof as possible and I'm not sure about the smaller ones but aren't they supposed to in case of an fire and explosion, break off from the bottom and minimize the explosion? And the likelyhood of getting them to go off isn't that good to begin with. For effective bomb it should go off the moment you set it off, it's not supposed to let people escape. We dont have details about how they planned to detonate this one but we know that the execution of the attack was probably the worst in history of terrorism, including the found devices from london.
Again with no evidence, just a thought I had: How would you best cause a Dr. who is not extremist (speculating) to do such a thing? Would they do this if their families would be held hostage by the planners being it 'al-quada' or whoever. I dont know the history of terrorism very well or middle eastern affairs and this sounds like a bad movie plot, but wouldn't the threat of death of their family members make anyone do about anything? This would explain the how an intelligent man does something like this and executes it so poorly.
Just my mind running around into strange places again

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Well even if you go with the family under threat scenario you'd have thought the 'pouring gasoline over himself' part would be a step too far no?

It is a bit concerning to imagine the Doctors working in the NHS could be at all responsible. Considering things like Harold Shipman's 200+ body count before he was caught, and the fact they could clearly do more damage like that than they have with this method...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Just found this article that explains how they caught the Iranian doctor Mohammed Asha and his wife on the M6....

"...THE suspected ringleader of a plot to unleash a blitz of car bombs on Britain is an Iranian doctor arrested with his burka-clad wife.

Neurologist Dr Mohammed Asha, 26, and his wife, 27, were dramatically held as they drove on the M6 in Cheshire with their two-year-old son.

Five people were being quizzed — at least two of them medics — as it became clear the attacks in London and Glasgow were by the same gang.

Sources said one of two men held while trying to smash a blazing vehicle into a Glasgow Airport terminal on Saturday afternoon is also a doctor, from Iraq..."

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
economic wise, no.

These attacks (including the two failed in London) will hit the markets on Monday when the FTSE opens. Plus, tourism is going to be hit hard again.

So far it doesn't look like the European stock markets have been too fazed by this. (FTSE 100 down about 0.5%)

As someone on TV said, the market has already priced in the threat of terrorism and this could have been much worse.

[edit on 7/2/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
So far it doesn't look like the European stock markets have been too phased by this. (FTSE 100 down about 0.5%)

As someone on TV said, the market has already priced in the threat of terrorism and this could have been much worse.

The Bank of England is expected to increase rates this week, and the European Central Bank too.

so thats why Europe has open down.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

If they were full of gas, as everyone seems to assume, why didn't those cylinders explode. Were they "full"?

Who knows? It seems like a bit of a crappy unreliable way to try and blow a car up though doesn't it? Set fire to a car with some canisters and hope they explode. I mean, surely it's easier to pack some explosives in there and make a proper car bomb?

Were they full of "just" gas?

Pressurized gas cylinders might make a decent aerosol-dispersion device for "something" else more deadly.

Could the terrorists in Glasgow have been attempting a "dry run" for a more insidious attack to come?

Now that's a pretty scary possibility. I wouldn't put it past them to use chem or bio attacks, especially if there's qualified doctors involved.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The fact that doctors are always "good people" is not always so...

Look at "harold shipman"probably britains biggest mass murderer. The current President of Syria the head of a "axis of evil" country, which is known to be supporting terrorism and kiling innocent civilians and political leaders, was actually a very very well respected "opthalmic surgeon" who trained in the UK, and returned to Syria to take over from his father.

He spent most of his life giving people the gift of sight, and now is involved in the murder of innocents, or certainly supports it indirectly.

Also to the fact that these people are intelligent and would make it go of well, well look at the recent NASA astronaught with what like 3 degrees? she didnt manage to complete her task of revenge, when emotions which are very high, which is always the case in these sort of actions peole dont always behave like expected, the "mist of red"often clouds their otherwise very intelligent approach.

Strathclyde police have made a statement now on BBC N 24 that:

two further men have been arrested, one is aged 28 and one 25 not of Scottish origin, detained in the Paisley area of Scotland last night

Kind Regards

Elf.

ElfEdit for spelling.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   

police knew them and were 10 mins away.

the theory is, the attack was a rushed job.

however, the Met feels another attack may happen 'cause other cells are out there

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Just heard on FOX that two more were arrested, bringing the total number in custody in relation to the attacks to seven.

edit:

Here's a link: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The secret services surley know most out there who are hell bent on causing terror among us all, problem is that in this country we seem to have to wait untill something hapens before we act just incase we upset a person , culture or religion.
How many more votes will the BNP get out of this especially if it gets out of hand????

back to the post,,,,,,,This to me was a dumy run that went wrong , sounds like the guy got caught on fire in the car and thats what made him crash it :lo, yes we will see more attacks like this in the future , just hope they all end up like the glasgow one where the only person hurt was the attacker

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
doctors accommodation in Royal Alexandra hospital has just been cordoned off.

Skynews

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
twist dnb, You've got me wrong. I'm in no doubt whatsoever the security agencies in most countries are more then capable of doing as you suggest. There's no doubt about that in my mind. What i don't buy into is that these events of the past few days have anything to do with them. Frankly, i'd be embarressed of MI5/MI6 if they were responsible for it, i would expect a far more professional job. An agency that has the history and expertise as MI5 should be able to pull this off without any loose ends and maximum impact.

Nobody, including you, has provided any sensible reason why any security agency would plan an attack that is so lame and unprofessional as to be pointless.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join