It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Incidentally, here is a pretty good pic of the burnt out Jeep at Glasgow:

Excellent find Stumason there is no doubt what kind of cylinders those are either. Kind of shoots down that alleged experts statement that another posted tht stated they were just incendary devices.

Just one question I have though are thouse 20 punders or are your tanks smaller then ours?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

what about the Hippocratic oath?

Islam also says things about not commiting suicide and not drinking alcohol etc etc. But that doesn't stop the suicide bombers. (and the 9/11 hijackers had wild parties with booze and women before they murdered 3,000 people).

I don't think a Hippocratic Oath would stop them, considering that their own religion says not to do what they are doing (suicide, etc.) IMHO

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Have you forgot Osama himself? Jeez the perception that terrorists are usually uneducated and poor seems to reach many minds.

The "footmen" are usually of lower quality. What I was alluding to is a Dr working in the UK has apparently been swayed into extremism.

That is concerning.

Shots, as to your question, judging by the size of the cylinders, I'd say they were similar to 19kg cylinders which you can buy for camping. Although they may well be larger.

For those in the US who don't know metric, 19kg = 41 Lbs

[edit on 1/7/07 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The doctor element is concerning. If such educated persons can be swayed into extremism, then it says alot about the extent of the problem.

what worries me is those who are education in a scientific field.

think how much damage someone could do, if they are an expert with chemicals

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Anyone other then me somewhat concerned that one of the alleged is a Dr from Iran? Keep in mind Iran stated they were training suicide bombers to attack the west.
edit to add
Darn you guys are fast

I take two minutes to type mine out and spell check it only find several have the same thoughts as me

[edit on 7/1/2007 by shots]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Darn you guys are fast

yeah, but the missus likes it that way

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Shots, as to your question, judging by the size of the cylinders, I'd say they were similar to 19kg cylinders which you can buy for camping. Although they may well be larger.

Judging from the height to the bumper I would say small rather then larger since our 20 pounders are right at bumper height or just below.

Forty Pound tank

20 punders by truck note the lower tail step height

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

and spell check

I still haven't figured out spell check. At this point I'm too old to learn new complicated things like where those buttons are ...

yeah, but the missus likes it that way

HEY!! Take the man-talk to chat!

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Any info on why they arrested this Iranian guy? Like what connections he might have? That would be interesting.

I doubt he's taking orders from anything Iranian-based though, more likely AQ. If Iran was actually found out to be behind the attacks there would be big trouble.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hey .. maybe they were a test run for the remote control chip implant for terrorists. Ya'll really gotta read this article.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Probably unrelated, but there have been two massive fires at a London university campus in Harrow (University of Westminster) in the space of 48 hours, in the same part of the building. An exclusion zone was setup after several Gas canisters were found......hmmm

Not far from me, nearly enrolled last year.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The doctor element is concerning. If such educated persons can be swayed into extremism, then it says alot about the extent of the problem.

Also, alot of Dr's and Nurses in the UK are from overseas. My own doctor is a Muslim. I know one shouldn't generalise, but then again, I am surprised a doctor would be involved anyway.

what about the Hippocratic oath?

Isn't al Qaeda's number 2 al-Zawahiri a doctor?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Judging from the height to the bumper I would say small rather then larger since our 20 pounders are right at bumper height or just below.

Forty Pound tank

20 punders by truck note the lower tail step height

That 19kg one I posted a pic of is actually bigger than your 40 lb tank.

The height for the 19kg one is 810mm, the 40 lb one you posted is 25.56 inches, which is roughly 650mm (25.56x2.56=65.43 cm=654mm)

EDIT: done a bit of leg work and the total height for a Jeep Cherokee is 1648mm. Will be back with some more math shortly.....

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think a lot of the leaders are well-educated, and it stands to reason that they have to be since your average Joe would find it hard to plot some of the elaborate attacks and methods that have been used in the past.

Sadly, just because one is educated doesn't mean one's mind can't be warped and twisted by evil. Look at Harold Shipman, for instance.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Ya'll really gotta read this article.

Certainly can not rule those out but with the size of cell phones getting smaller and smaller each model I fear in another year perhaps two 9or three they will fit in ones ear meaning they could easily fit in the orface of a tank like thank.

Crack handle slightly let gas leak, Walk away two three four five hundred or thousands of feet and hit dial on another so the one in the tank valve goes off

Boom

End of story.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The identification of Iranian Dr Mohamed Asha poses an interesting new question. Doctors and other in demand professionals can generally gain legal entry to Western countries far more easily.

Does this indicate that Al Quaeda are deliberately recruiting from amongst professional people ?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Probably unrelated, but there have been two massive fires at a London university campus in Harrow (University of Westminster) in the space of 48 hours, in the same part of the building. An exclusion zone was setup after several Gas canisters were found......hmmm

Keep us updated if you hear anything more about that,

Who know where the connections may be drawn here,

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Done some image manipulation on my PC of that Jeep Cherokee image, and it would seem the cylinders reach up to the top of the wheel arch, as opposed to the bumper.

With that size in mind, I would hazard a guess and say these where in the region of an 11kg cylinder, as pictured below, which is 560mm in size.

EDIT: they also look exaclty like the cylinders pictured in the image from the BBC

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

With that size in mind, I would hazard a guess and say these where in the region of an 11kg cylinder, as pictured below, which is 560mm in size.

Sounds about right also 8kg smaller makes sense to me although it really was no big deal. Thanks for taking the time

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
No worries, bored at work so started playing... Here is the image I worked with:

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join