It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
All I have to say - and these are not even mine words - is this:

Beavis and Butthead in London jihad

"Police and securocrats know that there aren't enough real terrorists in the world, which is why they have to keep manufacturing them. This is because citizens tire of being watched by cameras, frisked and x-rayed, having their belongings searched, giving fingerprints to so-called friendly nations on entry, contemplating the myriad government databases where their details and activities are preserved, and wondering if some dour little bureaucrat is reading their email or listening to them on the phone."

"This should have been dismissed for what it is: an event on the level of some teenagers getting a tremendously foolish notion, and being drunk enough for it to appeal to them. But we're hearing whispers of terrorism instead - much as we heard from the Americans when they foiled a "terrorist plot" to blow up fuel storage tanks at Kennedy International. It would have been devastating, prosecutors told us. Only that "plot" had the same hole in it: air makes a lousy oxidiser. If it had been carried out, it would certainly have made a bigger fireball than the one in London would have made. But that's about it."

"So why is this such big news? Because clowns have got to be passed off as terrorists. Because a vast industry depends on terrorists, real and imagined, to justify its existence. We live now in the grip of the security-industrial complex, and that hungry beast demands to be fed. We feed it money hand over fist, and in return, it feeds us fear biscuits, which we are expected to accept with gratitude."

And LOOK OUT; Here come the Iran based Al Qaeda Iraqi doctors in flaming death Jeeps!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

No one else that I have seen posting here even lives in Scotland, let alone was in Glasgow at the time. I'm sorry to burst your little bubble, but I'm afraid that some of the rest of the world isn't quite as gullible as America.

Would all the scots in this Thread pleae stand up.... Stands up, excuse me if you had read over the last 26 pages, you would have seen people from scotland posting on the thread. Either you are blind or are being totally ignorant.... I live in scotland not far from Glasgow...

The 'idiots' I refer to are those who post on this thread about being 'vigilant' ... being 'afraid' ... like I said, go ahead, live your life in fear of what your government tells you to be afraid of. I'm sure you'll feel much better.

Who said we are scared? Will take ahell lot more than this to scare any of us, seems you forget we lived through IRA bombings, do you really think we will not live through this...?

Thanks idiots, you have provided me with nano-seconds of entertainment. I sincerely hope that you experience an actual terrorist attack, then you might begin to understand what is actually going on in the world. Then you might actually be able to stop focusing your frustration on me, and focus it on your own government.

You do know there is rules with regards to personal attacks on members, in fact I will be reporting you postings to the Mods, let them deal with you.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
that's a damn good point about him being iraqi. it would fly in the face a bit. but maybe only a bit, you're saying there's too muc hhyp about this as a conspiracy, i'm saying there's too much hype in this being an attack by islam. both, in this case are possible. and we have no way of knowing for sure yet, but... as you say there is common sense. which dictates the following:
most if not all authentic terror attacks are preceded by a warning from the organisation behind the attack. the police is alerted that there will be an attack, they are most likely told who is behind the attack, and they are also told the rewasons for the attack. The IRA and Muslim terrror cells have always done this as far as i know. this time it doesn't seem there was a warning. leading me to believe that it was a setup. a badly planned one no doubt. but this does NOT bear "the hallmarks of a typical islammic terrorist attac...", if it did, the police would have known something about it befor hand and the media would have made this public in the aftermath. i can remember many bombs in the british isles where this has been the case with the IRA and Islamic terror groups usually make a video and braudcast themselves admitting everythin and giving reasons why.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm not aware of a trend of forewarning by islamic terrorists?... could you elaborate on that, please?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
All I have to say - and these are not even mine words - is this:

Beavis and Butthead in London jihad

And LOOK OUT; Here come the Iran based Al Qaeda Iraqi doctors in flaming death Jeeps!

Let me guess, this must be really significant of somebody's opinion eh?

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link
Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
origin unknown:
sure, when a suicide bomb attack occurs you often get a video released made by the suicide bomber explaining his actions. i know it happened when that bus and that cafe got blown up in israel. but i've seen coutless other videos of suicide bombers admitting all b4 they do it and saying they're doing it as part of the Army of Jihad Organisation or whatever. there was one from the 7/7 bombers though it hasn't been authenticated i think. there are loads of these videos. im too tired to research it for you but... yeah. i thought this was common knowledge.

erm deltaboy, i don't get your point. maybe im too tired.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I thought you was talking about giving a warning first. That might have been an IRA tactic but not one used by islamic extremists to my knowledge.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
how the hell does a suicide bomber release his video after he blows himself up? sorry im joking. obviously the cell's it guy does that bit. idon't actually know when the video comes to the attention of the authorities. the public only ever finds out after the event (IRA and Islam) but who knows when the authorities get hold of it. i reckon probably after because i think the videos give too much detail about the attack. that would make it quite easy to stop. but maybe they don't go into too much detail. i haven't examined them that closely. maybe someone will research this for me.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by twist dnb
sure, when a suicide bomb attack occurs you often get a video released made by the suicide bomber explaining his actions

But these videos are used for propaganda purposes after the event - Like OU says I am unaware of any of these having been released before an attack by Islamic extremists. The absence of a video as yet cannot be taken as a sign that this is in some way not a "legitimate" terrorist action.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
twist,

The IRA warnings were reported after the attacks only because they were usually phoned in just minutes before it took place.

The warnings were usually designed to be more or less ambiguous and the purpose was to allow the terrorists to claim that they were trying to spare innocent lives and to blame the incompetence of the authorities for any casualties.

I am not aware that recent bombers have bothered with any such niceties.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
But these videos are used for propaganda purposes after the event - Like OU says I am unaware of any of these having been released before an attack by Islamic extremists. The absence of a video as yet cannot be taken as a sign that this is in some way not a "legitimate" terrorist action.

Not every terrorist is going to make a video protraying themselves why they did it.
Do we really need their videos to make a legit terrorist action?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think your reading it wrong, deltaboy. The posts says you can't assume it isn't a terrorist attack just because a video hasn't surfaced.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Thanks OU, you have it right. Sorry Deltaboy I was just giving a bit of background to the IRA warnings which I had some knowledge of.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by timeless test]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
@spencerjohnstone

I apologise if I didn't notice the Scots in this thread, I will admit to being blind ... but not ignorant!

I know I have been antagonistic, but I felt very strongly that this forum was meant to be the place where everyone saw straight through the government conspiracy, where terrorists were just a figment of the deranged imagination of Bush/Bliar/Brown et all. To come on here & see more support & opinion in favour of this being an Al-Quaida terrorist attack than not, was a great shock to me.

You mention living through IRA bombs ... as I said in my first post, I grew up in Belfast so you can't really put that one on me.

If you read any of my words as pertaining to a personal attack, then I am sorry but you are wrong. That is not what I meant & I think anyone can see that. Having grown up in a (real) terrorist threat, I understand better than most exactly what it is like to be constantly aware of one's security, and that of family members. As I said afterwards, I do not actually want anyone to suffer a terrorist attack, but listening to opinions from people who have never lived through it is difficult.

Report me to the FBI if you like! I have already made up my own mind that this forum represents nothing more than another aspect of the dis-information cycle.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Origin Unknown
I think your reading it wrong, deltaboy. The posts says you can't assume it isn't a terrorist attack just because a video hasn't surfaced.

Ah okay then, thanks for the correction.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
No worries, TT, had to check twice myself lol.

drblow - The trouble is, all the info is pointing one way and you want everyone to look the other way, that's disinfo if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by drblow
I have already made up my own mind that this forum represents nothing more than another aspect of the dis-information cycle.

Then why bother posting here if it's so bad?

ON TOPIC -

Stansted Airport Closed due to suspicious package.

(hope I spelled the airport correctly)

[edit on 7/2/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
"not every bomber is going to make a video..."

maybe not, but it would be a wise move. if you're a suicide bomber, you have apoint, and you want it to be heard. PR which leads us to ...

"these videos are used for propaganda purposes after the event"

and

"purpose was to allow the terrorists to claim that they were trying to spare innocent lives and to blame the incompetence of the authorities..."

so really, common sense says you would make a video, and i think most of the time if not all of the time, there are videos. apparantly not from glasgow yet. we'll give MI5 some time to produce that in their basement hehe.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The real scary part of this is the fact Sky news is now reporting five of them are doctors.

Five Doctors Held Over Attacks

Five doctors are now being held in connection with the recent attempted terror attacks - one is an Iraqi doctor who trained in Baghdad.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I have already made up my own mind that this forum represents nothing more than another aspect of the dis-information cycle.

My question to you, would be why post here if you already had made up your mind?

Where you trying to derail this thread? An another thing I am far from giving out dis-information. I have been going by witness statements, speaking to their friends, relatives so tell me how is that dis-information as you put it.

You lived in Belfast?, then you know what it is like or how it feels to be attacked by someone... So how can you say all of this is dis-information if you have lived through it yourself? You have to remember nothing like this has happenned in scotland before.......

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join