It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
US officials were warned of terror attacks in scotland against airport infrastructure two weeks ago... but didn't pass it on according to this

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

This is kind of frenzy, seems like confusion in the ranks or something. All suspect vehicles are now potentially explosive when before they would've been thought as been at most stolen untill investigation.

Tell you what, next time you see a suspiscious car parked out near your street or anywhere else, you see smoke comming off it, you go up and check it out, muck about in there for a while oks see how long you live for oks....

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
Was the Glasgow Airport bomb at all close to actually going off? If the car was on fire then i'm assuming they were just hoping for the canisters to eventually blow up or something? Does that realistically happen when they get too hot from fire?

Yes. Heat any pressurised substance and without a means to release the pressure, there is usually an almighty bang. With a flammable gas under pressure to the point where it is liquid, there is a real possibility of an explosion of some force.

Originally posted by malganis
I take it the fire crews had to put it out as fast as they could?

Standard procedures usually have gas cylinders constantly cooled by water from the pumps for at least 24 hours to ensure there is no explosion.

[edit on 1/7/07 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
but didn't pass it on according to this

Where in the article you linked to does it say US authorities did not pass it on to UK Officals?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Where in the article you linked to does it say US authorities did not pass it on to UK Officals?

paper talk.
that's all it is.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

paper talk.
that's all it is.

It said they were kept secret for operations reasons but it does not state they withheld the information from the UK that ws my point.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
It said they were kept secret for operations reasons but it does not state they withheld the information from the UK that ws my point.

hmmm...

thats quite interesting

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been said yet,

But 2 of the suspects are thought to be Doctors working in hospitals in the UK its being now reported,

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone

Tell you what, next time you see a suspiscious car parked out near your street or anywhere else, you see smoke comming off it, you go up and check it out, muck about in there for a while oks see how long you live for oks....

Well at least I'd check if the smoke is coming from the ashtray before I call the bomb squad to blow it up. And fyi where I'm from we dont get car bombs very often, I only recall one in my lifetime so I'm not expecting to be blown up anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The news is now saying that 2 of the 5 arrested were physicians in the UK. Thats rather interesting.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Interesting...

Scotland Yard said two people were arrested on the M6 in Cheshire overnight - a 26-year-old man and 27-year-old woman.

The man has been identified by the BBC as Dr Mohammed Asha, from Iran.
Source - BBC

Emphasis mine....

[edit on 1/7/07 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I was waiting for the Iran word to come up. I expected it to come up earlier but here it is.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
that is interesting! very interesting news...

Also,
Bush has just hailed Gordon Brown for the strong response

[edit]

Skynews just said something about "professionals" being involved and still at large. Something about more attacks coming...its was sketchy.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It was bound to happen sooner or later, at least from some quarters.

Whether he had any connections to any organs of State in Iran is another matter.

Incidentally, here is a pretty good pic of the burnt out Jeep at Glasgow:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Great shot. I see the presents the terrorists were going to give to the infidels.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
I see the presents the terrorists were going to give to the infidels.

i wouldn't use those words to describe the image.

Sky have gone silent regarding the professional element, news has slowed down.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

But 2 of the suspects are thought to be Doctors working in hospitals in the UK its being now reported,

WOW if true that certainly could explain why they have the hospital in complete lockdown perhaps they fear there may be more doctors involved.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The doctor element is concerning. If such educated persons can be swayed into extremism, then it says alot about the extent of the problem.

Also, alot of Dr's and Nurses in the UK are from overseas. My own doctor is a Muslim. I know one shouldn't generalise, but then again, I am surprised a doctor would be involved anyway.

what about the Hippocratic oath?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
The doctor element is concerning. If such educated persons can be swayed into extremism, then it says alot about the extent of the problem.

Also, alot of Dr's and Nurses in the UK are from overseas. My own doctor is a Muslim. I know one shouldn't generalise, but then again, I am surprised a doctor would be involved anyway.

what about the Hippocratic oath?

Have you forgot Osama himself? Jeez the perception that terrorists are usually uneducated and poor seems to reach many minds.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
US officials were warned of terror attacks in scotland against airport infrastructure two weeks ago... but didn't pass it on according to this

That's not exactly what it says. It says that the US learned of potential terror attacks against the airport, but the 'kept them secret'. That doesn't mean that they didn't pass them along to other security agencies in other countries.

'kept secret' could mean many things ... most of the time it means that the info isn't shared with the general public.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join