It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Just want to say great thread, keep it up. Just spent ages reading through all the posts.

Why was the suspect vehicle in the hospital car park blown up even though there was 'no indication of any explosives'.

Would it not have been easier just to check the car out?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
Dont we already have that? Immigration, Security @ Airports etc.

If your meaning between the countries in the UK , oh great next road blocks will be set up..

That only leads to tensions between communities dont you think?

nooooo, nothing like that lol

I believe we have transport police and custom's, but we don't have an independent border police.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
@spencerjohnstone - why do you wanna know where i'm from? it doesn't matter anyway
Romania, if you want my full adress just say so.
Everyone is welcome

@niteboy82 - my post wasn't agianst any member, it was against a member's ideea

@Origin Unknown - "?...were actively encouraged to carry on as normal so what the hell are you talking about?"
sure..., to carry on with your life, with your work, with your distractions, and don't think to much
how can you not get this...?

@Muppetus Galacticus -

"Please post links or at least mention anything you have read, seen or experienced that
has so thoroughly convinced you of what you are saying less than 24 hours after the event.
Are you an expert in this field? Have you served in the police or secret services?
Armed forces? Studied at university on this subject?
Please tell us where you are coming from as on it's own your opinion does not count
for much if you are just pulling it out of the air with nothing to back it up. "

if you lived so far , and you are still thinking that secret services actions are only for
the good of citizens , it was all in vain.

universities won't teach you what is going on behind the scenes, i'm not pretening to be
behind the scene and know what is going on but the thing is this : you shouldn't blindly believe
everything they tell you, they are probably the last persons you should believe ,as you said :
"If we are not to listen to official and media sources who are we to listen to? "
you shouldn't listen to anyone, you should just think for yourselfs...
what's that so hard to get ?
You shouldn't trust anyone with things that will affect you in a direct manner, because following
these events what will happen next will affect anyone : probably no of forces in irak will be increased,
probably on a eventual invasion of Iran by US , Uk will join, probably security and surveillance in Uk will
be increasead ,(don't get me wrong i'm not against security, but i'm into privacy, and i guess most of us are...),
probably some taxes will be increasead or new ones will appear to support all this, and it all be coming out of
british citzens pockets

in what concerns the evidence, i told in my previous posts "it is virtually imposiblle for
anyone to have real proof of this because:
1 . any proof will be disconsidered by what many may call "official sources"
2 . they don't call anyone to record them while they are making plans

maybe would be considered proof if someone involved would come out by telling the
thruth , but be sure that before that will happen he will be reduced to silence

and to answer this " I must ask again, what are you credentials and qualifications in this area?
Is it in terrorism itself or politics? Is it a hobby, do you just read everything you can lay your hands on?
Please at least explain where all this is coming from as you honestly cannot expect anyone to take
you at your word otherwise"

In the last time, everything that happens in this world, affects each and everyone of us,
no matter if some are closer from the events, or other are thousands of miles away
so everything that can have an important fingerprint on my future or my family it concerns me
and it makes me think about it.
you can't say that being concerned for your wellfare is a hobby. and yes i read a lot, but rarely
believe it

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

why do you wanna know where i'm from? it doesn't matter anyway

No offence intended dude, just wanted to know no biggie oks

maybe would be considered proof if someone involved would come out by telling the

Did you see the Witness reports at all on the news websites??? Please have a look @ them. These are ordinary members off the public, not members of the secret services...

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlie_the_loafer
if you lived so far , and you are still thinking that secret services actions are only for
the good of citizens , it was all in vain.

universities won't teach you what is going on behind the scenes, i'm not pretening to be
behind the scene and know what is going on but the thing is this : you shouldn't blindly believe
everything they tell you, they are probably the last persons you should believe ,as you said :
"If we are not to listen to official and media sources who are we to listen to? "
you shouldn't listen to anyone, you should just think for yourselfs...
what's that so hard to get ?

Everything you say is purely opinion without one single fact to back it up. Where do you get the impression that I follow any piece of news, an individual's beliefs or opinions so blindly that I don't get it? From what you say, no-one should even listen to what you have to say! So why try and convince us all of the evil secret services if we are supposed to discover it ourselves? Once again, I do NOT close my mind to ANY subject no matter how clear it all seems to be. If something new comes out then I will be happy to change my mind.

I am leaving this increasingly separate conversation as we will not reach a middle point that we can both agree on. But I do hope we come across each other again as you seem far from being a stupid guy and I am sure we will agree on something in the future

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
maybe its time we think about border police in the UK, I know we share one border with Ireland, but maybe its time to have a seperate branch of the police force to monitor airports, ports, etc

Can you explain how that'll make a difference to the current method of doing things, infinite? I always thought it was just a policy to make it look as if you're doing something when you're actually not

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ste2652
Can you explain how that'll make a difference to the current method of doing things, infinite?

welll...

more security for ports, airports and stations.

helps to combat illegal immigration too.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

maybe its time we think about border police in the UK, I know we share one border with Ireland, but maybe its time to have a seperate branch of the police force to monitor airports, ports, etc

You are confusing me. Don't you have and Immigration and customs service those are the jobs normally done by those officers.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

welll...

more security for ports, airports and stations.

helps to combat illegal immigration too.

Wouldn't extra police be able to do the same job?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
Did you see the Witness reports at all on the news websites??? Please have a look @ them. These are ordinary members off the public, not members of the secret services...

i know that they were ordinary people, but didn't you think for a moment :
what if those guys weren't real terrorists, and were paid by one government or another to do what they did, and to scream "Allah" just to help form the public's opinion about who's responsible, to make it more believble ?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

i know that they were ordinary people, but didn't you think for a moment :
what if those guys weren't real terrorists, and were paid by one government or another to do what they did, and to scream "Allah" just to help form the public's opinion about who's responsible, to make it more believble ?

They are still terrorists, state sponsored or not. And don't forget, it would have to be someone VERY committed to what they are doing to shout, "Allah! Allah!" while burning up badly.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

@Origin Unknown - "?...were actively encouraged to carry on as normal so what the hell are you talking about?"
sure..., to carry on with your life, with your work, with your distractions, and don't think to much
how can you not get this...?

I think loads thanks, about many different subjects. How does me not believing someone who brings no evidence equate to me not being able to think?

My answer was to your asscertion that this is a staged event designed to restrict my way of life. You haven't told me how?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Origin Unknown
that this is a staged event designed to restrict my way of life. You haven't told me how?

i never used the word " restrict" and i never suggested that, i just said that what will follow will have direct impact on Uk citizens, and i was reffering to financial impact.

nothing will be restricted for you , as i see things

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
You are confusing me. Don't you have and Immigration and customs service those are the jobs normally done by those officers.

Both the Tories and the Liberal Democrats want to see a seperate branch of the police service i.e a border police.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Fair enough, so what would be the point of this event?... if the security services are involved then they must have a motive? I've yet to hear a sensible answer to this, one that makes sense anyway.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Strathclyde Police are now making a statement on BBC N 24

"New information is coming to light hour by hour"

"this is a long term threat"

"stay alert"

"we are searching at the moment two properties in the mersyside area"

"one of the suspects has been taken to paddington green (high security) police staion in London"

"The links between the Attacks are becoming clearer"

"recieving 100 calls per hour on this"

"the operation is devloping dynamically and at pace"

The Police have released the registration of the Jeep and urged anyone with information on its whereabouts at all before the Attack to contact them.

The registration of the Jeep is L808 RDT

"absolutely confident they will gain a full understanding of the networks and terrorists from the information they are uncovering"

"looking through thousands of hours of CCTV footage from London and Glasgow"

Kind regards

Elf

ElfEdit To add following

As reported a Car has been blown up in the Royal Alexandria Hospital where the driver of the jeep was in a controlled explosion.

ATS thread started on this here:
Car Blown Up in Hospital

[edit on 1-7-2007 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Next week is going to be tight.

I'm abit unnerved by the potential of a bombing campaign, the highest alert of threat is abit worrying. But, we shall get on with things.

We will say on the highest alert until July 7th has passed us.

link   

Originally posted by Origin Unknown
Fair enough, so what would be the point of this event?... if the security services are involved then they must have a motive? I've yet to hear a sensible answer to this, one that makes sense anyway.

i posted this before but i will post it again :

probably no of forces in irak will be increased,
probably on a eventual invasion of Iran by US , Uk will join, probably security and surveillance in Uk will be increasead ,(don't get me wrong i'm not against security, but i'm into privacy, and i guess most of us are...),
probably some taxes will be increasead or new ones will appear to support all this, and it all be coming out of british citzens pockets

maybe someone who knows more about Uk politics or international politics can find more reasons

let me give you a concrete example : i have an ex neighbour that works at a water assembly factory in afghanistan.
he had a vacation some months ago and came home .
this is what he told me (if he lied , than i lie ):

all of the workers aren't allowed to do their own laundy, they are obligatted by contract to wash their clothes at some automatic laundry.
that costs all of them a lot of money ( don't remember the exact amount he told me , but i think he talked about 40 or 50 $ per wash ). where do you think that money goes to? to the ones that own the laundry of course .
so let me rephrase that : they are paid with government money, money that most probable comes out US citizend pockets , and then , with that money the workers in the factory pay the washing process , money that goes to the owner of that automatic laundry shop.

so you see, wars benefits a few

link   
for those that doubt wether a gas cannister explosion would do any damage, please see this link. That was an accident that happened a few weeks ago. An oxy-acetelene cannister exploded, killing one man in his van.

[edit on 1/7/07 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Both the Tories and the Liberal Democrats want to see a seperate branch of the police service i.e a border police.

Odd they would want another agency when they already have one in place. I could be wrong but I do believe tht most countries have customs agents handle their boarders.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join