It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlie_the_loafer
if you people think that one or more secret services from this word have nothing to do woth this you couldn't be more wrong, and at the same time, you are buying illusions (literally) from governments, illusions that will cost you deeply.

Please post links or at least mention anything you have read, seen or experienced that has so thoroughly convinced you of what you are saying less than 24 hours after the event. Are you an expert in this field? Have you served in the police or secret services? Armed forces? Studied at university on this subject? Please tell us where you are coming from as on it's own your opinion does not count for much if you are just pulling it out of the air with nothing to back it up.

Originally posted by charlie_the_loaferdon't let yourself influenced by writtings like those of "flyers fan " , who is tryng to respond every posts that doesn't believe that this are real terrorists attack with quotes from official surses: like governments announcements or media links .
This kind of makes me laugh because it would have been practically impossible to see from an officiall (media , tv, conference press ) that this was all set up.

If we are not to listen to official and media sources who are we to listen to? You have yet to show that you have evidence of anything so are you saying we should listen to what YOU have to say over anyone else? I must ask again, what are you credentials and qualifications in this area? Is it in terrorism itself or politics? Is it a hobby, do you just read everything you can lay your hands on? Please at least explain where all this is coming from as you honestly cannot expect anyone to take you at your word otherwise. If you really want to save us all from our blind sheep selves then we need a lot more than one individuals opinion.

You are sadly shocked that so many people believe the official story? Should everyone automatically doubt each and every single terrorist attack forever more?

I will end by saying there is no need to single out FlyersFan in a personal attack. I am an admitted fan of what they bring to ATS but I am not influenced by anyone in what to think. I take evidence from every corner and decide for myself. And then I STILL keep an open mind and will be quite happy to change my mind if it is clear I was wrong.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I still haven't seen that allah anywhere except this board,

I have seen it on tv while they interviewed the baggage handler and have also see it in print

Now you can too

Be sure to watch the news conference this afternoon I suspect they will also menton it. It will be on shortly or so The networks are saying

[edit on 7/1/2007 by shots]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
edited .... just saw this .... excellent ....

Originally posted by niteboy82
Just as a reminder, the subject is: Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal
The subject is not fellow members. Go after the ball, not the player.

deleted my post .. niteboy covered it.

[edit on 7/1/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Just as a reminder, the subject is: Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

The subject is not fellow members. Go after the ball, not the player.

lets get back to the subject and stop letting people derail the thread!

Credit to Alex Salmond and Gordon Brown

both have shown strong leadership.

Did anyone else read the article that Lord Stevens* wrote today? very interesting stuff

*governments international security adviser

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
News Update: Man arrested in liverpool, also glasgow airport is just about ready to reopen: -is watchin bbc news 24 live right now.

Two men arrested in Scotland in connection with the Glasgow Airport attack are not "home-grown terrorists", Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill said.

SOURCE

Ya know something Im watching this, and they have won in some way, by causing all this disruption to holiday makers, increased security, how much will this cost us in the UK on the economic situation???

And Yes hats off to Alexs Salmond and Gordon Brown...

[edit on 1-7-2007 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
My fellow ATS'ers, you are going to hate me.

But me & a mate were stuck on the M8 motorway yesterday adjacent to the airport about half an hour after the attack ... and didn't see anything much. The weather/visibility was absolutely awful even though we had a good vantage point for over 15 minutes.

All we could see at the airport was fuzzy blue flashing lights through the mist and light rain ... and the yellow fluorescent jackets of the police officers. Damned Scottish weather.

We did see police cars and fire engines battling through the dreadful traffic to get to the airport. What we also did see, more interesting, was 3 grey coloured Volvo S80's with dashboard blue flashing lights also making their way to the airport and at speed along the hard shoulder of the motorway. The cars were not marked in any way. Presumably either high ranking police officers or the security service.

And it took us about 4 hours to get home. The traffic was absolutely chaotic.

Today I've bought myself a neat little digital camera which I can keep in my shirt pocket. ATS'ers - "be prepared at all times" !

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
if these people are attacking targets which represent "British life"

lets hope Churches are not next *looks out window and spots Canterbury Cathedral*

plus, we have Christian extremists in this Country. who did warn against Christian terrorism.

I don't fancy seeing a religious war on the streets of the UK.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by elohim2007
1700 did NOT escape death.

I said death and/or painful injury.

The figure of 1700 came directly from the capacity of the Tiger Tiger club. On the night in question "Ladies Night", there were approx 500 clubbers.

News reports here say the area and the club were packed and that approximately 1700 people were in danger.

Make your own mind up.....critical thinking allowed...

Great ... I will CONTINUE with my critical thinking and say that no matter if the number was 1700 (which is rather substantiated) or if the number 500 at the first bomb site .. that's still HUNDREDS of people who just barely escaped death and/or painful injury.

I believe the 1700 number. But even if you wish to believe 500 .. that's still a lot of people who barely escaped death and/or painful injury.

It's still very serious and very deadly.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantdwalker1
There will be an awful lot of hype about this incident. And accounts suggest that the gas cylinders would be lucky to affect anything more than the interior of their expensive car.

I would not be so sure about that. One gallon of gasoline when combined with the correct amount of air is equivalent to 83 pounds (14 Sticks) of dynamite? Multiply that by 20 or 30 and you could get a hell of an explosion under the right conditions.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Thanks to Allah that the only one injured is the tosspot who tried to murder innocents. I guess extremists don't quite get KARMA.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

lets hope Churches are not next *looks out window and spots Canterbury Cathedral*

plus, we have Christian extremists in this Country. who did warn against Christian terrorism.

I don't fancy seeing a religious war on the streets of the UK.

That thought flashed through my mind yesterday when I believe it was you who said Canterbury Cathedral was on lockdown. Haven't certain groups been declaring holy war for years now? You have to consider religious sites possible targets.

What is the history of religious sites being targeted by terrorists?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I think they are mostly targeting, commercial properties dont you think? Nightclubs/restaurants in London, Now airports....

I don't fancy seeing a religious war on the streets of the UK

Now your making my mind go, a religious war like what happenned in Ireland, only ten times worse... Can see racial attacks going on the increase over this if it doesnt stop.

Have to say though groups like the UDA and other groups in N/Ireland have strong ties in Scotland... Alot of the donations to those groups came from scotland.

Lets just hope us British folks restrain from doing anything daft.

What is the history of religious sites being targeted by terrorists?

Its very uncommon in the UK Mainland I think but dont quote me on it. Imma gonna go research it first and get back to yas. Really dont think they would target Religious sites would they?

Merseyside Police Live Conference on now:

The man arrested in Liverpool is connected to the Suspicious Car found at Liverpool Airtport...

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Liverpool airport was closed last night because a suspicious car was found

Police in the area are currently searching two properties.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
That thought flashed through my mind yesterday when I believe it was you who said Canterbury Cathedral was on lockdown.

security is tight.

religious buildings have been a target before in the UK, especially Northern Ireland.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Infinite

Are they reporting on your side of the pond that they also arrested a girl, two at the airport and allegedly another two on roads between London and Glasgow? Are they also reporting that two of the individuals allegedly the two from yesterday at the airport rented a flat two weeks ago in an area that is normally owned and not rented? The owners in the area have stated they knew very little if anything about those two and it was in Glasgow.

Just want to confirm or compare our coverage with yours because at times CNN/Fox get carried away with rumors.

[edit on 7/1/2007 by shots]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Infinite

Are they reporting on your side of the pond that they also arrested a girl, two at the airport and allegedly another two on roads between London and Glasgow? Are they also reporting that two of the individuals allegedly the two from yesterday at the airport rented a flat two weeks ago in an area that is normally owned and not rented?

Just want to confirm or compare our coverage 3with yours because at times CNN/Fox get carried away with rumors.

Yep

All confirmed here on UK media

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
^^^ Seemingly a Man 26 and a Woman 27 have been arrested.... Reports is that they were arrested in Cheshire..

Hope that helps.

Oh here we go told ya, there would rumours of threats here in scotland towards the muslim community.

Scotland's only Muslim MP has said that threats have been made towards members of the Muslim community, following the Glasgow Airport attack.

Muslim leaders in Scotland are holding an emergency meeting.

"They're concerned about a backlash and that's why the emergency meeting has been called."

SOURCE

I dont know if they are hyping this up or not, but I knew this would happen, Even said to a mate yesterday, guarantee you some folks from the asian community in Scotland would be threatened.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I do not know about the rest of you but I have been wondering if this group might have gotten their ided to strike the airports from the spinter group in NJ or was it NYC. I also think and I am just guessing here but perhaps they are trageting them hoping to hurt the economy of the UK by closing down airports?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I am just guessing here but perhaps they are trageting them hoping to hurt the economy of the UK by closing down airports

I said this in a previous comment... But Glasgow Airport has now reopened, so no luck who ever tried to do this you didnt close us down.... We are hardy than that you know.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
You have to consider religious sites possible targets.

If ya'll look at radical islamic terrorists and their world wide attacks for 2006, ya'll will see that they will hit any soft target they can - schools, shops, bus, taxi, hospitals, clinics, mosques, churches, .... There is no reason to think that radical islamic terrorists who attack in the west will be any different than the radical islamic terrorists who attack in the rest of the world.

[edit on 7/1/2007 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join