It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 27
26
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hopefully the four men that have been arrested compose the entirety of the terrorist cell. Somehow, though, I don't think that will prove to be the case.

It's clear that the Islamists have done something fundamentaly wrong in the construction of their vehicle bombs. If there are any more cell members they have probably postponed their attacks while they retreat to their local mosque or cell hideout. They will possibly seek advice from their Imam on why the devices malfunctioned and clarification on how to correct the fault. A second wave of more successful attacks could be upon us within a few days.




posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Lets just hope that these two attacks (London and Glasgow) do not result in another.

They've failed to damaged the civilian population via loss of life. The biggest problem now is them trying to cause more damage.



posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I still haven't seen that allah anywhere .....

It's ALL OVER the tv news. They have covered it many times.
Try turning on the TV news for a while.
CNN
From CNN - everytime he threw a punch he yelled 'allah'


Originally posted by grantdwalker1
There will be an awful lot of hype about this incident.


Car Bomb 1 - 1700 people escaped death and/or painful injury.

Car Bomb 2 - hundreds escaped death and/or painful injury.

Car Bomb Glasgow - inept attempt but hundreds escaped death and/or painful injury. Thousands upon thousands effected at the airport. Some stranded on planes on the tarmac for 10 hours.

In all three cases thousands upon thousands were effected because the roads and airport were shut down. These three TERRORIST ATTACKS (and that's what they were) cost those countries a heck of a lot of money as well. It costs $$$ to employ people and first responders to take care of the fall out from terrorist attacks. It takes people and money to beef up security. It costs money and resources to go after the perps. Money and resources that could have been used to go after other criminals.

This IS a big deal. Thousands of people could have died.
It's NOT 'hyped'.


[edit on 7/1/2007 by FlyersFan]



posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Scottish Justice Minister has evidence to suggest those arrested were not from Scotland i.e born there and apparently not British born either (do not come from the other areas of the United Kingdom)

(just on the BBC)



posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
More arrests,

Another has been arrested in Liverpool,



posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Statement is expected soon

COBRA should be wrapping up. Jacqui Smith will update us.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by infinite]



posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Skynews:

Police may be looking at one or two cells.



posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
More arrests, Another has been arrested in Liverpool,


Yep. Our TV news is reporting arrest #5. It isn't saying much else. That's great. They are getting these guys! I hope the ones caught talk and talk ...



posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
Even ex workers from that plant have said it is insafe, I have lived next to that plant most of my life, even my parents say that place is unsafe.

Oh yeah it is unsafe, that I do agree on. Its just this whole: "It'll reach glasgow blast radius" thing is a load of bollocks. The blast range reaches falkirk (just) and thats it, I've lived next to it for all of my life and sure its unsafe but not to the degree some think.



(And yeah I work there), but we can both agree on one thing the Security@ that place is a complete joke.
[edit on 1-7-2007 by spencerjohnstone]

Lol yes thats VERY true, my friends have walked around the plant many a time, hell the docks is just as unsecure. I mean half the fences are corroded and anyone with a bright yellow jacket ,a hard hat and tinfoil badge could make it inside through the front gate!



posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
BBC has live pictures of Heathrow...

i think its pretty unwise to have that large amount of people out in the open after what happened in Glasgow.

but of course, i'm not an anti-terrorist expert.



posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
i think its pretty unwise to have that large amount of people out in the open after what happened in Glasgow.


I'm concerned about copycats. Considering the recent polls that were discussed on the news (and here) about how 1/4 of all young Muslims in the USA approved of suicide bombers ... yikes! It's not that hard to pack a car with gasoline and nails. It's not that hard to get ahold of fertilizer, etc ...

4th of July is coming. Big crowds for fireworks ....

Prime time for copycats.



posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Jacqui Smith just made a statement.

I'm glad she isn't like John Reid, she refused to comment on the police investigation. A government response, from her, will be made to Parliament tomorrow.



posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Scottish Justice Minister has evidence to suggest those arrested were not from Scotland i.e born there and apparently not British born either (do not come from the other areas of the United Kingdom)


So these guys are most likely from Pakistan.

Let's not forget that only 2 weeks ago the Pakistani Minister Mr ul-Haq effectively condoned suicide attacks against the UK in a response to the knighthood given to author Salman Rushdie. "If somebody has to attack by strapping bombs to his body to protect the honour of the Prophet then it is justified," he said.



posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
So these guys are most likely from Pakistan.

Let's not forget that only 2 weeks ago the Pakistani Minister Mr ul-Haq effectively condoned suicide attacks against the UK in a response to the knighthood given to author Salman Rushdie. "If somebody has to attack by strapping bombs to his body to protect the honour of the Prophet then it is justified," he said.


IF there is a link

we should cut all aid to the Pakistan government.



posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
if you people think that one or more secret services from this word have nothing to do woth this you couldn't be more wrong, and at the same time, you are buying illusions (literally) from governments, illusions that will cost you deeply.

i read some earlier comments about how if this was a secret service planned attack should have been more succsesfull.

1. maybe they intende to be the way it was or
2. secret sevices are not super humans , and not all of them have the IQ above average ( remember how the mossad killed an innocent man in lillehammer because they thought it was terrorist they were looking for? how about those british working for mi5 or mi6 and were caught shooting people from the car , and were disquisted as terrorists , and some stories form my countrie's secret service : after a presidential speech in a public square , they took the president in the car and drive away, an ak47 dropped out off the windows car at that moment, there were hundreds of people around, or once they were following a head of the underground world , and were deconspired by him, he called his bodygourads to surround their cars, and also the televisions to broadcast this )

that's secret services.

don't let yourself influenced by writtings like those of "flyers fan " , who is tryng to respond every posts that doesn't believe that this are real terrorists attack with quotes from official surses: like governments announcements or media links .
This kind of makes me laugh because it would have been practically impossible to see from an officiall (media , tv, conference press ) that this was all set up.

when i read this entire thread i was surprised, but not in a good way, to see how many people believe the official story.

but maybe you will come to your senses when you will see what repercusions will this have on your lifes from now on, or on everyones life, due to the decisions that will be taken by this "high level danger of terrorists attacks "

if this is the way most of you react and repply to this events , no wonder that in UK the surveillance is so high in UK, because of no real opposition from the citizens.

@flyers fan - there are people jails that are more free than you

when talkin about these things everyone wants proof, or else is being disconsidered. The only proof should be in your thinking and in your common sense, this shouldn't allow you to believe this bullsh*t stories.
what, do you think that when they set this up, they say :" hey, let's call charlie, to record us ,on how we will make this happen in order to justify our future actions "


[edit on 1-7-2007 by charlie_the_loafer]



posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I still haven't seen that allah anywhere .....

It's ALL OVER the tv news. They have covered it many times.
Try turning on the TV news for a while.
CNN
From CNN - everytime he threw a punch he yelled 'allah'


Originally posted by grantdwalker1
There will be an awful lot of hype about this incident.


Car Bomb 1 - 1700 people escaped death and/or painful injury.

Car Bomb 2 - hundreds escaped death and/or painful injury.

Car Bomb Glasgow - inept attempt but hundreds escaped death and/or painful injury. Thousands upon thousands effected at the airport. Some stranded on planes on the tarmac for 10 hours.

In all three cases thousands upon thousands were effected because the roads and airport were shut down. These three TERRORIST ATTACKS (and that's what they were) cost those countries a heck of a lot of money as well. It costs $$$ to employ people and first responders to take care of the fall out from terrorist attacks. It takes people and money to beef up security. It costs money and resources to go after the perps. Money and resources that could have been used to go after other criminals.

This IS a big deal. Thousands of people could have died.
It's NOT 'hyped'.


[edit on 7/1/2007 by FlyersFan]


First off, 1700 did NOT escape death. The figure of 1700 came directly from the capacity of the Tiger Tiger club. On the night in question "Ladies Night", there were approx 500 clubbers.

The security services are putting out hyperventaliting info on the supposed damage these "Bombs" would have caused, which of course is being propaganded by the media to whip up fear & terror....

The video below is an assesment from an independant expert, rather than one who has a vested interest, ie MI5, Police or the goverment.

Expert Speaks

Make your own mind up.....critical thinking allowed...

EL

[edit on 1-7-2007 by elohim2007]

[edit on 1-7-2007 by elohim2007]



posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   


don't let yourself influenced by writtings like those of "flyers fan " , who is tryng to respond every posts that doesn't believe that this are real terrorists attack with quotes from official surses: like governments announcements or media links .


I dont think anyone who is posting on this thread is letting flyers fans comments influencing what they post. Your assusmption is quite wrong.

The witnesses who were there I suppose they were planted there were that by the secret services. So everything the Witnesses have said is Bull? I do not think so. I would believe witness's who were
at Glasgow airport more than I would believe anything you have posted on here.



but maybe you will come to your senses when you will see what repercusions will this have on your lifes from now on, or on everyones life, due to the decisions that will be taken by this "high level danger of terrorists attacks "


What would you have Us in the UK do exactly, retaliate against a community where most of them have nothing to do with this? An anotherthing I would like to know where you live. btw



posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Just as a reminder, the subject is: Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

The subject is not fellow members. Go after the ball, not the player.



posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlie_the_loafer
if you people think that one or more secret services from this word have nothing to do woth this you couldn't be more wrong, and at the same time, you are buying illusions (literally) from governments, illusions that will cost you deeply.

i read some earlier comments about how if this was a secret service planned attack should have been more succsesfull.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by charlie_the_loafer]


I wondered how long it would be untill the hard and dried Conspiracy people would turn up

Whats next ? It was a hologram?
It was a nuclear bomb that fizzled
It was all set up by Gordon Brown



posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlie_the_loafer

but maybe you will come to your senses when you will see what repercusions will this have on your lifes from now on, or on everyones life, due to the decisions that will be taken by this "high level danger of terrorists attacks "

if this is the way most of you react and repply to this events , no wonder that in UK the surveillance is so high in UK, because of no real opposition from the citizens.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by charlie_the_loafer]


LMAO, do you know anything about the UK!

We've been bombed in one form or another for many decades, it never has and never will change our way of life. What's different this time?...were actively encouraged to carry on as normal so what the hell are you talking about?




top topics



 
26
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

log in

join