It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
In such dark times, I was quite pleased to find out an eyewitness actually hit the driver of the vehicle.

That has really made my day.

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on 30-6-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
that is outragouse.
i know that the middle east is on the continent of asia, but im pretty sure that is not how reporters see it. east indians do not look anything like asian people, and i mean yes chinese, japanese, korean, filipino, all those would have been quickly described as asian. If it were a pakistan person they would have said indian or middle eastern. that is just the way people understand it. these were not arabs or indians, otherwise it would have been reported that way.

As has been said before, in Britain, we refer to Pakistanis and Indians as Asian - not Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Filipino, who we may refer to as Oriental or Far East. We do not use the term "East Indian". We would NOT refer to Pakistanis as "India" any more than we would refer to Americans as "Canadian"! Nor would we refer to Pakistanis and Indians as "Middle Eastern" - we would restrict that more to the Arab nations...
[edit] ... and Israel.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by Fjtruth]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been brought up yet but accordig to ABC Blog the US knw about Glasgow two weeks ago.

US Warned of Glasgow Threat Two Weeks Ago

Now if this report is true, why weren't there aditional barriers put in place or curreent barriers beefed up and where were the additional police?

I have seen highway crews move concrete barriers into place in minutes so there is no excuse assuming of course this report is true.

[edit on 6/30/2007 by shots]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
That report doesn't make it clear, but did they tell British Authorities about this at all?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Mikey84
No the car has been put out a long time ago. It has been left in situ as there are fears that it may contain " explosive or potentially dangerous material" according to Strathclyde Police , they also are waiting appaerntly for the heat to cool down so the foresic experts can do their thing , that is if and when any other material/substance is made safe / removed

Well, if there are gas cylinders in the car, they routinely spray them with water for 24 hours before removing the cordon around them - I know because there was a vehicle accident near here with gas cylinders in the vehicle and the road was closed for 24 h + while spraying the vehicle with water continuously.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
That report doesn't make it clear, but did they tell British Authorities about this at all?

I'm sure if this report is true, the British government was advised.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
On any moment prior to the post-9/11 terror scare, this event would just be taken by the media and the general public as nothing more than a weird car accident ...

I disagree - prior to 9/11 it would quite likely have been thought to be an IRA terrorist attack - which we've had since the 1970s.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Lets hope so....

Although it is not unheard of for the US to withhold information from allies because it serves a purpose....

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Good question I asked myself the very same thing. One would think they passed it along they would be fools not to and assume the same with the Checs but there is not mention as you said so who knows.

Perhaps the British Government does not want to let on how much if anything they know because they got so close to carrying it off. Not knocking the government just pointing it out as a possibility.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

quote from Osama Bin Laden
you just can't get the staff

I would like to nominate terrorist number 2 who set himself on fire for three cheers, we need more terrorists like him attacking soft targets in this country.

Hip Hip.........

[edit on 30-6-2007 by Marduk]

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Just today on FOX I saw someone saying that the U.S. and Britain were now sharing all raw intelligence with each other.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I suppose we'll have to see if any of the media outlets pick this up and question our Most Glorious and All Knowing Leader...

Knock the Government as much as you like Shots, no one in the UK voted Boring Brown as PM nor did anyone vote for his policy changes. Labour were elected on the previous manifesto and suffice to say there is going to be significant changes in Government without the people having a say.

Anyhoo, I digress....

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I just heard on FOX that two more people were arrested in connection to the attacks.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

quote from Osama Bin Laden
you just can't get the staff

Thats bang on the money.

They used team C.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
On BBC news 24 right now, total of 6 men have been arrested, 2 in london, 2 in glasgow, and 2 in chershire, realting to these terroism attacks. Liverpool Airport has been closed... Police forces stepping up their patrols... Around 2300 passengers being taken from Glasgow airport, to the xhibition centre..

Watching BBC 24 Live right now.

Oh and btw the guy who tackled the guy who was on fire, he repeated what he said, that the guy on fire was shouting allah allah while trying to attack the police officer, members of the public tried to intervene... One member of the public was hurt as a result and was ushered away by airport security staff...

Dammit I work at a Petrochemical Company, its all we need is for them to try an target there.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Oks 2 people were arrested on the M6 in chershire....

They are showing films from members of thepubic of the car burning@ the entrance of the Airport.

The two men, tried to prevent emergency personell from putting out the fire.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone

Dammit I work at a Petrochemical Company, its all we need is for them to try an target there.

yeah I can see the headlines now
two terrorists drowned trying to set alight deisil tank

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
^^^^^

I tell you something if they did hit where I work at the right place, the whole of Central Scotland would go up. Can see armed security staff where I work @ when I return to work on Monday... Ughhhhhhhhh Body Searches

[edit on 30-6-2007 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I still cant find anything that would spell 'terrorist attack'.

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
insufficient evidence to call this a terroist attack.

3 guys try to drive a car into an airport full of people .. they try to kill as many people as they can. They know they will instill fear and terror into people across the country (and perhaps the world). That's TERRORISM.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I still cant find anything that would spell 'terrorist attack'.

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
insufficient evidence to call this a terroist attack.

3 guys try to drive a car into an airport full of people .. they try to kill as many people as they can. They know they will instill fear and terror into people across the country (and perhaps the world). That's TERRORISM.

don't forget they were shouting Allah as they were restrained
and we all know that can't possibly be terrorists right
Allah being a god of love and all that

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join