It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This must be considered to be pretty much a failure.

economic wise, no.

These attacks (including the two failed in London) will hit the markets on Monday when the FTSE opens. Plus, tourism is going to be hit hard again.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
if i recall the rules regarding news

this post is for reporting it, a seperate thread is for discussing the conspiracy aspect.

thats what happened with the shooting in Virgina Tech news thread.

A very blurry line there, chap. Where do you define what is discussing the topic and the conspiracy aspect. If we just discussing the attack itself and no background or other info, then this thread would have died a death 10 pages ago. There isn't an awful lot else to cover over the incident itself, seeing as all we'd otherwise be doing is regurgitating what the talking heads are saying..

But to save arguments, I will look into opening an alternative thread.....

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Strangely enough Tourism to London went up after the Tube bombings

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
these extremists aren't the only bad guys here u know?

Honestly, it's a shame as far as the casualties goes, but I can go as far as saying some of these terroists can somewhat be considered as freedom fighters, I say that with hesitation but I still say it.

If iraqis came to your country and built 14 embassies as fortified as forth knocks and as big as the vatican than you'd be angry too, you'd be angry too if your country was invaded for oil.

As far as I am aware, no one has confirmed that the 2 guys in the car where Iraqi citizens.

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 30-6-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hate point out again, but you're assuming quite alot if you link this to Iraq without any evidence.

[Edit] Man this thread moves fast

[edit on 30/6/2007 by PsykoOps]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
plus it's all looking rather bad kicking off like this on Gordons watch right off the bat. I am wondering about, how it will play internationally.

link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

urgh?

really? I have to check out the data.

link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Get the F OUTTA IRAQ! Nobody here can give me one good reason why it would be productive to stay there.

I can't advocate the insanity of bombing urself, but some of these people have their reasons.

And they are attacking the people not the govt., yes agreed.
But the people are also at fault for letting this # happen.

Those so called freedom fighters have been killing Iraqi civilians since the beginning...

The bulk of the Iraqi civilian deaths lies on the terrorists/insurgents.... if you want to call them freedom fighters, that is your opinion...

I don't call anyone a freedom fighter who plants bombs and attacks the voting polls in Iraq when Iraqi citizens went to vote freely....

Even after the bombings by the insurgetns/terrorists the Iraqis still went to vote...

If you want to call "freedom fighters" the same people who in Iraq the mere mention of one of them being among thousands of Iraqi ciovilians caused an stampede in which 1,000 Iraqis killed themselves trying to get away from one of these so called freedom fighters....

[edit on 30-6-2007 by Muaddib]

link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Hate point out again, but you're assuming quite alot if you link this to Iraq without any evidence.

Agree 100%

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

On that point, I agree with you. It's one thing to assume a terrorist attack, which this clearly is in some form, but to assume motive without evidence is foolhardy.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Hold on

George Bush went to war with Iraq because he linked Iraq to the WTC attacks ??

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

urgh?

really? I have to check out the data.

Yep its true. It was on TV just a few days ago. Sirprised me but thats what they said

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
plus it's all looking rather bad kicking off like this on Gordons watch right off the bat. I am wondering about, how it will play internationally.

we've had terrorism for 200 years.

CNN have been praising Gordon Brown for having a calm approach. We haven't over reacted and he has chosen not to rush through new terror laws (like Blair and Reid)

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Hold on

George Bush went to war with Iraq because he linked Iraq to the WTC attacks ??

Slightly different there. He knew there was no link and conned people. Besides, his main claim was WMD, only after the fact did he try and pin 9/11 on Iraq.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I really don't see how this HAS to be a terrorist attack... On any moment prior to the post-9/11 terror scare, this event would just be taken by the media and the general public as nothing more than a weird car accident, and that's most probably what it was.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
They are now linking this event with the London Car bomb. I wonder whats up.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
I really don't see how this HAS to be a terrorist attack... On any moment prior to the post-9/11 terror scare, this event would just be taken by the media and the general public as nothing more than a weird car accident, and that's most probably what it was.

Maybe in the USA, chap, but we've had terrorists in the UK for centuries. Terrorism didn't begin on 11th Sept 2001 you know.

This is quite clearly an attack of some kind. A bungled, ill thought out attack, but one none the less.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Well terrorist attack or not, it was no accident.
There was motive, however badly carried out.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Surely the best Terrorist attack was that of Boudicca when she burned Camulodunum 2000 odd years ago
Was that the first?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I can't believe some are still saying this could be an accident after so many eyewitnesses say the drivers were pouring gasoline, fighting the police and screaming about Allah...

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join