It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yea they only said briefly about Manchester sounds, they are waiting for more information.

The Heathrow is a non-suspicious car fire, bit of a big coincidence don’t you think that it’s happening the same time?

Blackpool airport has been closed

Few other airports on high alert, wonder if anything else is going to happen.

I’m in Sky by the way.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
An eyewitness on cnn is saying they were both of asian decent, not middle eastern.

The Middle East is on the continent of Asia, Middle Eastern people are Asian!

[edit on 30/6/2007 by Mikey84]

link   

An eyewitness on cnn is saying they were both of asian decent, not middle eastern.

Asian is what we call people of Pakistani or Indian decent in the United Kingdom.

link   
People should be careful of reports in days like these, anything is suspicious, and is likely to get on there.

Just bizarre that they do not seem to know to much about what they are doing.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

They are of Pakistani origin these suspects, and are also Asians.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by Denied]

[edit on 30-6-2007 by Denied]

link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
Yea they only said briefly about Manchester sounds, they are waiting for more information.

The Heathrow is a non-suspicious car fire, bit of a big coincidence don’t you think that it’s happening the same time?

Well, I think every loud bang and bit of smoke will be reported en masse right now. I wouldn't be surprised if that car caught on fire anyway if there was no attack today and we would have never known about it. You never know though

link   

Yes .. but the 'experts' (talking heads) are also saying that in England folks call the British Pakistanis 'asians'. Perhaps the Brits here can elaborate on that ....

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Asian is what we call people of Pakistani or Indian decent in the United Kingdom.

Ok thanks, didn't know that.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams

I won't argue the point on liaison through the Executive but I believe there is some additional hoop jumping involved.

Just thought I'd also point out that the Scottish Executive exists purely because westminster allows it. There are clauses in the Act setting up the Executive that allow Westminster to take back power under almost any reason they feel like.

Scotland Act 1998
1998 Chapter 46

29. - (1) An Act of the Scottish Parliament is not law so far as any provision of the Act is outside the legislative competence of the Parliament.

(2) A provision is outside that competence so far as any of the following paragraphs apply-

(a) it would form part of the law of a country or territory other than Scotland, or confer or remove functions exercisable otherwise than in or as regards Scotland,
(b) it relates to reserved matters,
(c) it is in breach of the restrictions in Schedule 4,
(d) it is incompatible with any of the Convention rights or with Community law,
(e) it would remove the Lord Advocate from his position as head of the systems of criminal prosecution and investigation of deaths in Scotland.
(3) For the purposes of this section, the question whether a provision of an Act of the Scottish Parliament relates to a reserved matter is to be determined, subject to subsection (4), by reference to the purpose of the provision, having regard (among other things) to its effect in all the circumstances.

(4) A provision which-

(a) would otherwise not relate to reserved matters, but
(b) makes modifications of Scots private law, or Scots criminal law, as it applies to reserved matters,
is to be treated as relating to reserved matters unless the purpose of the provision is to make the law in question apply consistently to reserved matters and otherwise.

30. - (1) Schedule 5 (which defines reserved matters) shall have effect.

(2) Her Majesty may by Order in Council make any modifications of Schedule 4 or 5 which She considers necessary or expedient.

(3) Her Majesty may by Order in Council specify functions which are to be treated, for such purposes of this Act as may be specified, as being, or as not being, functions which are exercisable in or as regards Scotland.

(4) An Order in Council under this section may also make such modifications of-

(a) any enactment or prerogative instrument (including any enactment comprised in or made under this Act), or
(b) any other instrument or document,
as Her Majesty considers necessary or expedient in connection with other provision made by the Order.

Have a read :d

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
MAN .. this thread is moving so fast that three or four of us answer posts at the same time. Sorry that my answer came 'late'.

"Asian" for the Brits also means British Pakistani ... okay, now we have it.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

to be honest 'Asian' is a catch all term for anyone from various nations spread across Asia and the ME (India, Pakistan, Middle East, North African, Indonesia, China etc)

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
Not heard anything about the Royal Alexandra since the evacuation news broke

Anything on the BBC about this? Perhaps Sky have just neglected to fix the report (or I just missed it) as the only news about the hospital that is being shown on the screen is about the burnt terrorist being taken there. Could it be a news blackout on the Royal Alexandra?

[edit on 30/6/2007 by Muppetus Galacticus]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
In general people from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh are referred to as Asian and would not generally be referred to as 'Middle Eastern.
Middle eastern would generally be a category given to Palestinians, Egyptians, Syrians, Iragis, Iranians etc

link   

Originally posted by Flyer
As for the Asian thing, we do refer to Indians/Pakistanis as Asian but Indians are Sihk so it wont be them.

Only a small proportion of Indians are Sikh - most are Hindu and there is a significant Muslim population.

From the World Fact Book :
India - Religions - Hindu 80.5%, Muslim 13.4%, Christian 2.3%, Sikh 1.9%, other 1.8%, unspecified 0.1% (2001 census)

But also, we could equally refer to Iranians, Iraqis, and others as "Asian"

link   
Think there's a connection between the jeep and the bomb found at the Ibiza Airport in Spain?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
How are the European and UK Muslims reacting to the London car bombs and the Scotland airport explosion/fire?

Deadly quiet or dancing in the streets?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
How are the European and UK Muslims reacting to the London car bombs and the Scotland airport explosion/fire?

Deadly quiet or dancing in the streets?

Who Cares ??

link   

Originally posted by Peyre

to be honest 'Asian' is a catch all term for anyone from various nations spread across Asia and the ME (India, Pakistan, Middle East, North African, Indonesia, China etc)

Egyptians, Moroccans, Algerians etc are arabs not asians.

link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
Think there's a connection between the jeep and the bomb found at the Ibiza Airport in Spain?

Very slim. ETA, who phoned in the warning of the Ibiza bomb, are a Basque separatist group and have just come out of a ceasefire (in which they planted a bomb anyway!). Shouldn't be any links between them and AQ I would imagine.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
Very slim. ETA, who phoned in the warning of the Ibiza bomb, are a Basque separatist group and have just come out of a ceasefire (in which they planted a bomb anyway!). Shouldn't be any links between them and AQ I would imagine.

ETA only have links to the Provisional IRA, thats it.

No link to Al Qaeda

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join