It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Must have alluded to something contagious... can't think of any grounds that would warrant it.

Unless he has buddies that have come to get him,

Maybe threatining a bomb in there is he is not let go??

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Omg the eyewitnesses are amazing. Now they're already yelling allah and next thing they'll probably have bombs strapped to their chests and who knows what after that. Are they sure it was gas he was pouring around himself and the car? I mean really reliable sure because I'd think that in a panic you'd throw any liquid you have to put out a fire.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Theyve probably had to put an armed guard arounf the burnt out car to stop the wheels being nicked

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
People are still being kept inside the airport - I hope they're getting free booze while they wait.

I think the people being kept on the aircraft are in a worse position.

All aircraft that landed just before it happened and all aircraft that was about to take off has been grounded, all passengers have to stay on and are not allowed to leave the plane.

So that would be worse, being trapped on a plane knowing something is happing in the building next to you and your sitting on tones of fuel.

Oh and regarding the booze, under EU law the aircraft cannot “open the bar” under any situation while still on the ground.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84I think the people being kept on the aircraft are in a worse position.

All aircraft that landed just before it happened and all aircraft that was about to take off has been grounded, all passengers have to stay on and are not allowed to leave the plane.

So that would be worse, being trapped on a plane knowing something is happing in the building next to you and your sitting on tones of fuel.

Oh and regarding the booze, under EU law the aircraft cannot “open the bar” under any situation while still on the ground.

Booooooo to Euro Law!

On a more serious note, I am with you in that I would hate to be sat on a plane till God knows when. I wonder if they can get the news on the screens or headphones so they know what's going on. It would be terrible if you have no clue as to what happened or how bad it is. People on those planes will have had family in the terminal and they may have no idea how they are.

The COBRA meeting is underway now

[edit on 30/6/2007 by Muppetus Galacticus]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
Theyve probably had to put an armed guard arounf the burnt out car to stop the wheels being nicked

lol!!

Wonder if anymore will happen tomorrow?

interesting link

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
On a more serious note, I am with you in that I would hate to be sat on a plane till God knows when. I wonder if they can get the news on the screens or headphones so they know what's going on. It would be terrible if you have no clue as to what happened or how bad it is. People on those planes will have had family in the terminal and they may have no idea how they are.

[edit on 30/6/2007 by Muppetus Galacticus]

Reports say those people may be stuck on the planes until 9-10pm tonight.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Another Cobra meeting is ongoing, with the new PM,

Jacqui smith has jsut stated that " We will decided what steps we must take to protect the public"

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
no one thinks this could of been a distraction?

I mean what better way to distract athorities then to send some young-minded radicals to carry out a plot that wasnt meant to work right but take up alot of time an resources reguardless to help aid others from various parts ot the uk or elsewhere to travel a bit more under the wire.

Just a thought, anyone else think so?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined

I mean what better way to distract athorities then to send some young-minded radicals to carry out a plot that wasnt meant to work right but take up alot of time an resources reguardless to help aid others from various parts ot the uk or elsewhere to travel a bit more under the wire.

Yep agree with you, while the whole of the UK is focusing on this, all the energy and resources... what better time for them to attack somewhere else, where no one is protecting or looking at.

Who knows what goes through these sick minds.

Remember the Anniversary of the July 7 London attacks is next week

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined

All it tells me is that getting explosives is probably quite hard in this country.

yep of course it could be a distraction. but my main view is that it comes when theres a new prime minister. It gets him in the public and on the news, saying he is here to protect us now.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Oh believe me im trying to keep an eye on other news storys that may be slipped under the carpet,

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
London cars ysterday

Ibiza airport bomb today

Glasgow Airport car today

Could they all be connected?

The London and Glasgow incidents could be, but the Ibiza bomb was apparently carried out by ETA (a Basque paramilitary/terrorist organisation) and it's very unlikely they'd have anything to do with Islamic extremists.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
stolen from stratfor,

U.K.: Burning Car at Glasgow Airport Raises Suspicions
June 30, 2007 17 38 GMT

Summary

Two men described by witnesses as South Asian are in custody June 30 after trying to drive a burning Jeep Cherokee into the main terminal building at the airport in Glasgow, Scotland, at 3:15 p.m. local time. Flights have been canceled and the airport has been evacuated as a precaution because of the purported car bomb attack. Airport officials report that emergency vehicles are on the scene to contain the burning car and fire and smoke damage to the terminal building. It is unclear at this time if this was an attempted militant attack, but at this point, it looks like the incident was not completely innocent.

Analysis

Eyewitnesses June 30 reported that two men of South Asian decent drove a green Jeep Cherokee sport utility vehicle (SUV) into security barriers at Glasgow's international airport, 8 miles from the British city's center. Although the British government is not treating the incident as a national security event at this time, just one day after British police foiled two attempted car bombings in central London, the Glasgow incident would appear to feature the same poor tradecraft as the London incidents.

The reported South Asian background of the two men in the SUV means a militant connection cannot be ruled out. After the SUV collided with security barriers, the two men inside jumped out. One was on fire and was wrestled to the ground by bystanders who put out the flames. An eyewitness said the other individual tried to open the trunk of the vehicle but was not successful. Police subsequently tried to restrain him, and he started fighting them. He was eventually taken into custody.

If it was an attempted militant attack, and the fire was caused by some kind of improvised explosive device or explosive incendiary device, the device was malfunctioning. This would be consistent with the poor tradecraft we saw with the devices left in central London on June 29. It is currently unknown if the Glasgow incident was related to the London incidents, but the poor tradecraft and the use of incendiary, rather than explosive devices, may suggest that the two individuals in the SUV have some connection to whoever planted the devices in London. If it was an attempted militant attack, it was most likely an attempt to place a car bomb, and not an attempted suicide bombing. (Two drivers are not needed in a suicide bombing.)

In London, there is a large outdoor concert at London's Wembley Arena to commemorate the late Princess Diana's July 1 birthday, with thousands in attendance. Security undoubtedly will be high. With the elevated tensions in London, there will undoubtedly be false alarms connected to the event, though an incident similar to bombing at Centennial Park during the 1996 Atlanta Olympics cannot be ruled out.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Jacqui smith has jsut stated that " We will decided what steps we must take to protect the public"

Likely option could be armed police

Parliament is heading for a break, so no legislation will be rushed through.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yes Atser will be there reguardless of a distraction or not, we are like flies on fecal matter when it comes to news. and I love it!

Gooooooo ATSers!

as for hard to obtain explosives, I mentioned in a earily post that there are a host of other items that could be bought and puchased in larger amounts such as model rocket engines, liquor, Propane, butane*, not to mention kitchen chemistry items.

wait till and if they get smart ones under their grasp. Then we will have to worry bout a host of odd objects becoming weapons.

Lets just hope they dont watch Mythbusters LOL

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
close up shots of the burning car - it says cherokee on the side at the front

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
close up shots of the burning car - it says cherokee on the side at the front

Defo Chavs then

Anyone with any taste would have used a Range Rover

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
For those of us on the other side of the pond, please translate "Chavs" and "Glasgow Kiss".

PS: torsion - please don't denigrate our rednecks, thank you.

Would Trailer Trash be more appropriate?

A guide to Chavs with pictures.

Back on topic - Breaking News Explosion at Heathrow airport being reported

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Maybe what ever group it is has not practised what is it doing, and given thats its hard to get explosives into england this is maybe a trial and error thing.

Shhhhh! Don't say that too loudly. If our politicians hear about that, they might conclude that the same thing will work if applied to strict gun control in the States.

As far as the hospital evacuation goes, MSNBC just reported that one of the individuals was wearing a suspicious-looking vest, so the evacuation was done as a precaution. The vest was detonated in a nearby field.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join