It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Latest pictures on Sky News show bomb sniffing dogs doing their thing in the car park. And thankfully so far, nothing has been found.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
unconfirmed reports of an explosion at heathrow bbc are reporting it!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
yeah,

BBC is reporting (confirmed), an car fire at Heathrow.

non-suspicious

[edit on 30-6-2007 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
another bomb went off at Heathrow airport

any news on that?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by huytonturbo
unconfirmed reports of an explosion at heathrow bbc are reporting it!

Sky just said the same about Manchester airport. And someone on the phone at Heathrow says there was NO explosion there.

EDIT: In the airport at least going by what you are now saying. There is a lot of congestion around Heathrow so traffic could become a target. And now Sky say they are getting plenty of emails about the explosion...and the police have just said a car backfired.

[edit on 30/6/2007 by Muppetus Galacticus]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Police reporting Non suspicious car fire at heathrow

link   
Heathrow- A non suspicous fire,

think it was just a little panic,

link   
Met has reported it as non-suspicious car fire.

Police abit jumpy.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
A number of witnesses are saying that the driver tried to reverse and have another charge at the doors. There's also clear reports of molotov cocktails/petrol bombs in the hands of the passenger.

It's beginning to sound rather like an attempt to get a vehicle bomb inside the terminal accompanied by petrol bomb attacks which went rather wrong.

It has to be said both this and the London incidents sound fairly amateurish but potentially very dangerous nonetheless.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by timeless test]

Exactly. Although not very effective; the potential was right there for a horrendous event. The old saying, "even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes" comes to mind. Even if this new batch of terrorists is somewhat inexperienced; they can still get lucky. And even one case of being 'lucky' for them is disastrous.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yep, it only takes one to work out for them and that is devastating enough at any time.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yep police stating BBC N24

"Non suspicious car fire at heathrow"

Mind you they said this for an hour after the Glasgow airport.

people are now "trapped" in Glasgow airport with some elderely people in bus shelters in the cold and rain.

Sky news just said that they have very very unconfirmed reports of explsosions in Manchester with sirens heard, however they also state that it could be fireworks...

well how you could set of fireworks in this rain I dont know, though as a large muslim community live there maybe a radicle is celebrating with fireworks.

As stated very very sketchy and early reports.

Elf

Edit for spelling and following

reporting that no casualties at all today in glasgow except the suspects... britain and its people have been blessed with luck within catastrophe over the last 24 hours.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
lets just hope tonight is the last.

i really don't fancy a repeat tomorrow

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Sky news just said that they have very very unconfirmed reports of explsosions in Manchester with sirens heard, however they also state that it could be fireworks...

I am on Sky now.

Nothing about Manchester?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Wow only been away for an hour and it seems the story has developed a fair bit, are they hitting multiple airports?
They seem very amateurish, it could of all been alot worse.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I do hope they get this sorted out.

Im off to Biarritz on Tuesday for a few days.

Jolly inconsiderate of them

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Im pretty sure it will be British based Pakistanis Muslims ...

The US News is saying that the two captured attackers are British Muslim Pakistanis. Good call Flyer.

The Global Incident Map still ndicates that all flights in and out of that airport are suspended. Guess they will be for a while.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
I do hope they get this sorted out.

Im off to Biarritz on Tuesday for a few days.

Jolly inconsiderate of them

Oh I say! Poor show, old boy, hanging's too good for them wot?

Not heard anything about the Royal Alexandra since the evacuation news broke

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Yeah I know it sounds lind of far fetched but given their apparent inexperience it can make one wonder.

An inexperienced suicide bomber?
Sorry, I had to laugh.

As for this rash of "attacks", it just proves what I've been saying for years. Islamic terrorism is much less of a threat than the Irish were and we got through that alright. No need for all these draconian laws they want in the slightest.

Honestly, these "Jihadists" couldn't detonate a bomb in a bomb making factory....

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
Sky just said the same about Manchester airport. And someone on the phone at Heathrow says there was NO explosion there.

[edit on 30/6/2007 by Muppetus Galacticus]

Well he heard it too, was mentioned just before the previous interview, just a one line, "unconfirmed reports of explosions and sirens heard in manchester, though they could be fire works"

regards

elf

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
An eyewitness on cnn is saying they were both of asian decent, not middle eastern.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join