It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: The Battle of LA, Supposed UFO Attacked by US Army

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
What irks me about this event is the lack of media from that day.
An event over the 2nd largest city in the USA should have had world
wide press coverage and there should have been hundreds of cars
and roofs damaged from all the ordinance falling over the city. Could
this have happened in the mountains NEAR Los Angeles and not over
the city itself? There should be many photos, stories, and TV news
videos. This is not something from the 1800's we're talking about.

This isn't 1842...but it's also not 1982. It's 1942. I know I'm stating the obvious, but you need to think back a bit...or check a history book. The first commercial television broadcast licenses were only issued in mid 1941. There were no 'on the scene' reports in 1942. There were barely any news reports, period. Television was still a *very* new thing, and was very much confined to studio work.

Photos weren't easy either. Ever work with an old flasbulb Polaroid? I have, and to give the Devil his due, they were and are fine cameras...but they were heavy, expensive, and slow-loading...in short, not something you just carried around on the off-chance that 'something good would happen'. I'm a little surprised that we actually got film coverage of the event.

Also, remember that news didn't move as fast then as now. Telegraph / telegram was still a common method for some messages, telephone required a live operator for most (if not all) calls, and radio was spotty.

Another thought that came to mind is that this "UFO" could have been
some kind of image projected up to the clouds by a prankster on an
Army base. Due to the high alert level at the time, the Army just
choose to blast that image with everything it had. Also, does anyone
find it strange that there doesn't seem to be any military aircraft
intercepting and firing on this slow-moving UFO? They certainly had
the time to scramble a few jets. A military pilot who engaged this
object would be able to give a good close-up eyewitness account.
I'm sorry but there's too many missing pieces, considering that this
event occured right over L.A., supposedly.

Hey.. I just had a thought. Could the image have been projected
onto the clouds (or into the sky) on purpose by the military to give the
gunners practice, in case the Japanese choose to hit our mainland from
the air, like they did Pearl Harbor? Los Angeles would have been a very
ripe target for Japan since it's big and right there on the Pacific. If this
were an Army exercise for the gunners, that would explain why no
fighter planes were involved.

-cwm

Scramble a few jets?
What's a jet? We didn't have any in 1942. We did have fighters, but night intercepts without radar were a major problem...and guess what? We didn't have any great number of radar sets available either. The ones we did have (and most of the planes, too) were being placed in areas that were under more serious threats. The Japanese weren't capable of doing anything of lasting importance to the West Coast in 1942...the Kido Butai was already operating at the end of its logistical rope prosecuting the campagn in the Solomans.

As for a training exercise, they already had those, and conducted them fairly often...they didn't use 'magic lantern' shows, they used towed targets...and they certainly didn't fire in directions that would have expended rounds dropping into LA.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Something unconventional was flying that night. Thats is what we know.

UFO SHAPED: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-6-2007 by Cydonian Priest]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Also a few people were in fact injured/killed by flak debry! I just read the entire article at Rense.com

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Brother Stormhammer,
Thanks for the history lesson regarding 1942. I must watch the
Three Stooges too much with my kids, LOL. Because there were
airplanes, newspapers, radios and televisions shown in their
TV shows, I assumed (incorrectly it seems) that the 1930's/1940's
was the beginning of the modern age. -cwm

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Brother Stormhammer,
Thanks for the history lesson regarding 1942. I must watch the
Three Stooges too much with my kids, LOL. Because there were
airplanes, newspapers, radios and televisions shown in their
TV shows, I assumed (incorrectly it seems) that the 1930's/1940's
was the beginning of the modern age. -cwm

Another Stooges fan? Cool! Gotta love the classics!
Didn't mean to come across as sarcastic (or at least not as sarcastic as I did). Blame it on a combination of packing up for a move, and working 12-14 hour shifts. Bleh.

Seriously, though, we're lucky the event in LA lasted long enough for newsreels to set up...something that might be interesting (I haven't had the time to do it yet, for reasons mentioned in paragraph above)....when *did* commercial television start up on the West Coast? And was there a spike in odd sightings around that time? If we *are* being watched by Outsiders, I'd think that the sudden uptick in RF output from commercial broadcasting would be a flag telling them that it was time to come take a look at us.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brother Stormhammer
Seriously, though, we're lucky the event in LA lasted long enough for newsreels to set up...

Yeah. I dunno. Looking at that "newsreel" footage is making my BS meter twitch. All those flak detonations leaving no smoke? I hadn't heard of a film existing before now. Notice they attribute the radio broadcast and photo but not the film. Hmmmm...

Are there any other references to filmed footage of the event?

The only media I've ever seen is the famous photo everyone has, which really doesn't show anything conclusive.

[edit on 14-6-2007 by IAttackPeople]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople

Originally posted by Brother Stormhammer
Seriously, though, we're lucky the event in LA lasted long enough for newsreels to set up...

Yeah. I dunno. Looking at that "newsreel" footage is making my BS meter twitch. All those flak detonations leaving no smoke? I hadn't heard of a film existing before now. Are there any other references to filmed footage of the event?

The only media I've ever seen is the famous photo everyone has, which really doesn't show anything conclusive.

Well it was at night and the quality of the videocameras back then in the dark were pretty much Shi7 so I would imagine alot of things being left out.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
They didn't attack the US.
US attacked them.
They were just, showing off

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Not much of an attack on our part either, after hours of firing its sheilds held up.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
swamp gas. case closed.

seriously though, I'd love to get eye witness testimony. I think there was something there and we were putting up A LOT of flak. ever see what flak does to airplanes? it's not very kind. either there was nothing there, or it was oblivious to anti-aircraft artillery.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Eye witness testimony? I've got some of that.

Sign of the Times article "The Battle of Los Angeles"

I blogged about it late last month. It's a really great article. It makes the whole thing very personal and real. Gives it a human persepctive.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmethystSD

I blogged about it late last month. It's a really great article. It makes the whole thing very personal and real. Gives it a human persepctive.

Thank you for your wonderful contribution! It was worth the read! Keep it up until JAG gets back here!

EDIT: I just closed the window and now the link does not work?!?! What gives?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
That's weird. It's linked from my blog on my webpage in case that happens again.

The website URL for the site that has that article is being blocked.

. signs- of-the -times .org

Is that not allowed or something? I don't know why it wouldn't be.

My blog has a link that works. Sorry.

[edit on 14-6-2007 by AmethystSD]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Do you guys really believe they organized that huge spotlight orchestra from many different locations if it was a weather balloon? Come on people. Remember, back in those days UFO's were widely accepted. You remember MacArthurs Speach about UFO's a few years later? Right? He said:

"The nations of the world will have to unite, for
the next war will be an interplanetary war. The
nations of the earth must someday make a
common front against attack by people from
other planets."
General Douglas MacArthur- Oct. 8, 1955

Do you find it strange that this was said?

Or this?

"I can assure you that flying saucers, given that they exist, are not constructed by any power on earth."
— President Harry S. Truman, 1950.

"If I become President, I'll make every piece of information this country has about UFO sightings available to the public and scientists. I am
convinced that UFOs exist because I have seen
one." President Jimmy Carter during his
Presidential campaign.
]

"In the firm belief that the American public deserves a better explanation than that thus far given by the Air Force, I strongly recommend that there be a committee investigation of the UFO phenomena. I think we owe it to the people to establish credibility regarding UFOs, and to produce the greatest possible enlightenment of the subject." .. President Gerald Ford (during his years as a US Congressman).

"While flying with several other USAF pilots over Germany in 1957, we sighted numerous radiant flying discs above us. We couldn't tell how high they were. We couldn't get anywhere near their altitude."
"While working with a camera crew supervising flight testing of advanced aircraft at Edward's Air Force Base, California, the camera crew filmed the landing of a strange disc object that flew in over their heads and landed on a dry lake nearby. A camera crewman approached the saucer, it rose up above the area and flew off at a speed faster than any known aircraft." ... NASA astronaut, L. Gordon Cooper.

"With our obsession with antagonisms of the
moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. I occasionally think how quickly our differences, worldwide, would vanish
if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world." .. Former President Ronald Reagan, while sharing the stage with former Russian leader, Mikhail Gorbachev, 1988.

Remember, we have been condition through media, propaganda, etc., that UFO's are nonsense. It wasn't so much nonsense 50 years ago. Ask your grandparents if you can.

AAC

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

That's weird. It's linked from my blog on my webpage in case that happens again.

I'll post it a second time.

www.signs-of-the-times.org...

I keep getting a "Page can not be displayed" but it is still a fine addition to the compialation of data here in this thread.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Here's a link to my blog again in case you didn't see. It links to it. I don't want to seem like I'm pimping myself, but it seems that ATS is blacking the url of the site that hosts the article.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
May I (or you) please post the contents of that blog in this thread? (We try to present the information here than just place links, makes quoting easier)

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

great article! good dig.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The reason why I am linking to my blog is that this board blocks the url of the site that hosts the article. It changes the url to ".#" so the link doesn't work. Otherwise I wouldn't have linked to my blog. I just though it might be easier for people to follow two links than to try to figure out the url on their own.

Edit: You're welcome to post parts of my blog in this thread, but the link won't work :/

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This should be a pretty interesting thread.....but we need more people

www.signs... -of -the -times.org/articles/show/132795-Eyewitness+to+History%3A+The+Battle+of+Los+Angeles

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join