It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: The Battle of LA, Supposed UFO Attacked by US Army

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Originally posted by sidious618

What do you mean it's nothing? I thought you said it was a weather balloon?

Please be so kind as to point out where I said it was a weather ballon.

I quoted a link that was given by one of the believers as "proof".

That persons link said that, not me. I was merely pointing out the fact
that straws were being reached for, and a link got posted in haste,
before it was read and understood.

Regards,
Lex

The way you posted it made it appear that you believed the weather balloon explanation. If you do not then my apologies.

Neverthless so far you have posted no evidence contradicting this and have only insulted people by saying it's their egos. Which is interesting as you are a self proclaimed debunker on a conspiracy site....

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gotanybob
Come on!!! Three people on the ground were killed..I find it hard to believe they couldn't hit a barely moving object..

??????

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Originally posted by sidious618

The way you posted it made it appear that you believed the weather balloon explanation. If you do not then my apologies.

Accepted, and I should have made my self more clear.

Neverthless so far you have posted no evidence

Because there is none.
Harsh statement, I know. But, a photo just doesn't cut it for me.
I stand by my opinion that it was a knee-jerk reaction to something
mundane.

only insulted people by saying it's their egos.

Please re-read this thread, and it should become obvious that two
of the posters are re-affirming each other without regard to other
posters.

as you are a self proclaimed debunker on a conspiracy site....

Please re-read my avatar. "Debunker, I'm told".
It's open sarcasm due to being called a debunker.
Am I ? Not at all, I just enjoy facts, which I base either my opinions
or beliefs upon.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I still uphold my OPINION that it was an alien piloted craft or some sort of other paranormal UFO. Some people, it only takes a video and pictures. For others it takes facts. This is a case where we only have video and pictures with questionable facts at best.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Sorry for double post

[edit on 21-6-2007 by Cydonian Priest]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Originally posted by Cydonian Priest

This is a case where we only have video and pictures with questionable facts at best.

Very true. I shall agree to disagree.

Agreed ?

Lex

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I wonder if at that time of the war if we were using proximity fuses in our AAA guns.
If they were using them, as opposed to altitude settings then that would be even more evidence that there was definitely some type of aircraft there.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
To say that that footage is a hoax or that it was brief and they kept shooting is really nuts... Even back then they had the same experiences...
Imagine coming in contact and having them interact with you each day...I had a ship land 50 feet away from me...but it was early on and I got scared...It is awe inspiring to say the least.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
What happened back then was real and did take place, the media back then wouldn't have much information to divulge against it or create a mass disinformation act, (lol.)It's there in black and white-L.A TIMES along with live footage.

[edit on 21-6-2007 by menguard]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think enough evidence has been brought forth to official give this an unofficial explanation!

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

lol Yeah thats it, a weather balloon. Something tells me they would know that it was a weather balloon, but the weather balloon does have a tendency to get caught up in all sorts of nasty stuff. It's like the military has a grudge against them.

Thanks for the laugh.

There was a lot of things going on around that time. Dr Royal Rife's work was deemed a hoax by authorities, and all of it was erased. How many other life saving tid bits have we been given, that our society has refused to accept.

Think about it, if ET came from another part of the Universe to make contact with us, back in 1945, we may have had reason to be nervous. Today, after 62 years, if ET wanted to take over, it would be a done deal.

Get it through your thick skulls....They are here to help us. Any negative group here, has been here for a while.

Oh...about ET taking over here on Earth....that was done by a negative group of ET back about 6 - 10 thousand years ago. That makes two groups of ET. The ones who are in control of things here and now. And, the group who seeded us here trying to free us from the evil group.

It has been said that some Governments have made pacts with ET, for technology allowing them to become world powers. If this is the case, any information that could shed any light on any ET contact, would be covered up. It is kind of a waste of time trying to dig up proof that ET exist, but if you used common sense and logic, other beings coming to Earth from out there in the Universe is not a question.

The question is how will they change our lives here.

Evil = War, killing, cheating, stealing, and all of the negative things that lifestyle brings.

Good = Peace, harmony, love, mercy, and all of those good things most people crave for.

We are basically good people and we crave that lifestyle where we don't need to lock our doors. For the past few thousand years, we have been under the influence of evil ET, it is as simple as that.

I want the good guys to come back!

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmethystSD
That's weird. It's linked from my blog on my webpage in case that happens again.

The website URL for the site that has that article is being blocked.

I went there, but my shields came up and blocked spy ware from my hard drive.

It usually doesn't block the site counter spy ware. There must be some more questionable spy stuff there.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I find it interesting that the ufo is facing sideways and taking the hits to it's bottom. Does this mean the top cockpit is vulnerable? or maybe they were just being safe? interesting.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52

lol Yeah thats it, a weather balloon. Something tells me they would know that it was a weather balloon, but the weather balloon does have a tendency to get caught up in all sorts of nasty stuff. It's like the military has a grudge against them.

Thanks for the laugh.

There was a lot of things going on around that time. Dr Royal Rife's work was deemed a hoax by authorities, and all of it was erased. How many other life saving tid bits have we been given, that our society has refused to accept.

Think about it, if ET came from another part of the Universe to make contact with us, back in 1945, we may have had reason to be nervous. Today, after 62 years, if ET wanted to take over, it would be a done deal.

Get it through your thick skulls....They are here to help us. Any negative group here, has been here for a while.

Oh...about ET taking over here on Earth....that was done by a negative group of ET back about 6 - 10 thousand years ago. That makes two groups of ET. The ones who are in control of things here and now. And, the group who seeded us here trying to free us from the evil group.

It has been said that some Governments have made pacts with ET, for technology allowing them to become world powers. If this is the case, any information that could shed any light on any ET contact, would be covered up. It is kind of a waste of time trying to dig up proof that ET exist, but if you used common sense and logic, other beings coming to Earth from out there in the Universe is not a question.

The question is how will they change our lives here.

Evil = War, killing, cheating, stealing, and all of the negative things that lifestyle brings.

Good = Peace, harmony, love, mercy, and all of those good things most people crave for.

We are basically good people and we crave that lifestyle where we don't need to lock our doors. For the past few thousand years, we have been under the influence of evil ET, it is as simple as that.

I want the good guys to come back!

What the hell kind of rambling crock of -snip- is this!?!? How did this have anything to do with the Battle of LA!?!?
It sounds like this should be in its own thread, your post.

[edit on 23-6-2007 by Cydonian Priest]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Them evil weather balloons always starting trouble. They are worse than commies.

This is interesting. was it ever confirmed to be a UFO or was it revealed to be something a bit more mundane? I mean this has been out there bout 60 years. someone had to be able to figure it out by now right??

I mean the military wouldn't be blowing away a weather balloon right? I mean we all hate weather balloons but dang.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
ill have you know my best friend is a weather balloon
anyway to answer about the proximity triggers they werent used in AA yet this is the only video i have ever seen of a ufo getting shot at and the only video ive seen of a ufo tilting like that its very interesting......but i did have a theory to why it didnt get hit by shrapnel...ya know if it didnt....if there system of flight somehow involved producing gravity then is it possible shrapnel would simply orbit around it??this is just speculation but i think weve covered that the army did shoot at something that night soooo

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
That is one way they could have avoided being downed. They alsocould have been made of the material described by the farmer (and others) recovered at Roswell.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It was a weather balloon designed with alien technology. That's why they couldn't shoot it down. Monoatomic latex! Light enough to float, and strong enough to stop a speeding shell.

I believe it was extraterrestrial. If we had the technology for that sort of shielding, well we wouldn't be shooting at ourselves.... If the enemy had that sort of tech... we might not have won the war.

As for it being nothing at all, I cannot believe the US army would be wasting round after round of expensive ammo for hours on a cloud. In my mind at least, that leaves only an extraterrestrial critter.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Come on!!! Three people on the ground were killed..I find it hard to believe they couldn't hit a barely moving object..

??????

My weak attempt at being a smartass
Towards the people thats said

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

??????

I was out of town..Sorry for the late reply or should I say sorry for my weak attempt at being a smart ass..
My remark was aimed at them damned Balloon Cultists
If it can't be explained then it must be a balloon

And what I meant was..If there was an object in the sky that night that was slow moving or motionless for that amount of time..With the amount of AAA being fired at it..It would seem reasonable to me that they could of at least hit the object a few times..After all 3 people were killed on the ground that night from falling shrapnel..

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join