It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: The Battle of LA, Supposed UFO Attacked by US Army

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Originally posted by justanothergangster

im sure we connected....multiple times

there were more than 85 confirmed hits and nothing not a dent nothing

Ok, which is it ? CONFIRMED hits, or, you're sure we connected ?

Waiting as usual,
Lex

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It was one of those Indestructable weather balloons, for when the weather gets tough or the US army mistakes it as a threat and starts shooting the 5hit out of it.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

im sure we connected....multiple times

there were more than 85 confirmed hits and nothing not a dent nothing

Ok, which is it ? CONFIRMED hits, or, you're sure we connected ?

Waiting as usual,
Lex

Well if it was a weather balloon apparently no AA struck around it at all as it wouldn't even take a direct hit to bring a WB (Weather Balloon) down. There is not a doubt in my mind we hit it atleast once, which would bring down said WB. Instead the said WB turned up its shields and hauled ass away from the scene after dangling around in the air for awhile (You would think in the time it hung around they would have been able to identify, befor the military arrived) So what is this object?

[edit on 13-6-2007 by Cydonian Priest]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
well either way like i said you saw the video the entire skies sparkling with AA flack the stories i hear were there was over 85 confirmed hit but since i cant find the public diclosure of us involvement with ufos web site im gonna have to go with im certain that we could hit a target imean those were the same guns we were using in the pacific to shoot down planes moving at twice the speed of that thing so to say we didnt hit it at all would be harder to prove than we did hit it....plus ive seen a weather balloon get shot down with a rifle....i geuss they just dont make weather balloons like they used too

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Weather Balloons could not even perform the manuevers this object did (Not to my knowledge). Must be Swamp Gas.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
www.rense.com... here is a more dtailed look at it including better pictures and negatives of the image.....but now lets just go with the video as the only evidence not even considering any outside source....what could take that much flack? an airplane cant.....a blimp couldnt a helicopter couldnt a meteor might but wouldnt move at that speed...what else can it be?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
here is a page on attacks on america during ww2 from wikipedia it includes the air raid in la en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
A jet powered nazi weather balloon.
What the hell is going on? This should be the most talked about thread here and it is being beaten by the "ZOMG C2Cgi pictures!!" Threads! What is wrong with this world!

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
In an incident now known as the West coast air raid or the The Battle of Los Angeles, the U.S. Army fired several thousand anti-aircraft shells into the air over Los Angeles, California during the night of February 24-25, 1942 at 2 stationary Unidentified Flying Objects, in which none of the targets were intercepted or damaged at all. The target was later "officially" determined to be a lost weather balloon, although this was doubted by most people, as weather balloons had long been scapegoats for diverting attention from suspicious events.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

www.rense.com...

Rense is not exactly a highly regarded source.

Originally posted by Cydonian Priest

The target was later "officially" determined to be a lost weather balloon, although this was doubted by most people,

Please give links to these "most people".

Thanks,
Lex

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
dont understand what you mean but most people propably means the general public like here in new mex i can tell you the official roswell story and theen how people really feel about it in roswell....((which is a fairly dangerous town now btw))

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Sorry about the lack-o-link but that is a part of the wikipedia article (not all that reliabal but still). If you had read the wikipedia on it, you would know this. (not trying to be rude, but If we provide links please read them, as it is hard as $#!% to find info on this subject)

[edit on 13-6-2007 by Cydonian Priest]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
wait what is this video real or just a hypothetical thing???

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
its real were not debating that were debating wether it was a ufo or a....well....a weather balloon

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge
wait what is this video real or just a hypothetical thing???

Oh badge, its as real as you or I. And justanothergangster! Do not forget swamp gas!

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cydonian Priest
This should be the most talked about thread here and it is being beaten by the "ZOMG C2Cgi pictures!!" Threads! What is wrong with this world!

I think because its been covered on here before, i know when i first joined it was being discussed and members were saying then that it had been covered previously.

I dont know what it was but i dont think it was a weather balloon. Its odd that its never been a bigger story in all the years since it happened, you would think that there would have been thousands of witnesses to it.

Good luck hope you get some more discussion on it.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I know this has been discussed but as said befor I suppose I did not do a good enough search (I searched the words "UFO, attack, and LA" And got nothing in relation to this. But its not like the c2c pictures have not been discussed to death

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

listen to the radio broadcast on that video unforunately it appears the la times database doesnt go that far back or that day is ommitted one of the two but you saw the video if that was a weather balloon then why didnt it go down?? imean surely if our AA was enough for the japanes oscar and zero we could shoot down a weather balloon or atleast i would hope so....imean if it really was a balloon it would have gone down on the first hit of flak and even if i cant confirm the hits like i said its in the video flack doesnt require a direct hit and there was enough of it to bring down a flying battleship for that matter plus the training our military has with AA im sure we connected....multiple times

If you're that confident in pre-VT fuse anti-aircraft fire, you're about the only one. I don't mean that as a slap in the face of the gun crews, it's a simple observation based on historical record. Before the VT (Variable-Time, or 'Proximity') fuse went into mass production (September of 1942), AA fire was a matter of high volume and good luck. Just ask the German AA gunners aboard DKM Bismarck...shooting in broad, if somewhat overcast daylight, they didn't manage a single crippling hit on the flight of Fairy Swordfish torpedo bombers despite their low speed (around 90mph before torpedo release), and low altitude. The only thing I'd be certain we hit 85 times during the "Battle of LA" was LA itself....what goes up, must come down.

It's also not as easy to bring down a balloon of any size as you might think. The shrapnel that could tear up a 'real' airplane would just make the balloon vent its lifting gas...speed of venting would be proportional to the damage done, of course...but you aren't likely to simply one-shot the thing. Disclaimer: If the balloon is full of hydrogen (instead of the helium we used) and you hit it with a tracer or incindiary round, all bets are off!

I'm not sure exactly what we're looking at here, but the fact that we didn't blow it out of the sky doesn't rule out a weather balloon (or multiple balloons), given the state of the art in AAA at the time...particularly with crews that weren't as well-drilled as they might have been, firing at night.

Edited to add more somewhat rambling thoughts.

Took a third look at the footage. If the clouds in the film are any indication, the target object isn't moving very fast, if it's moving at all. That would be consistant with the weather balloon explanation (or at least with a balloon-based explanation). It's also not a very big object, which in itself doesn't argue pro or con to any explanation.

I did find it interesting that there was an estimate of ammunition expended. Per the footage, approximately 1,500 rounds were fired. Given the general lack of accuracy in AA fire (at least prior to the use of VT fuses), and the night conditions, it's very possible that the claim of '85 direct hits' is an overstatement by about 83 to 85.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by Brother Stormhammer]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
oh right or maybe it was a helicopter.....plated with diamonds an inch thick....so it could take all that flack

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
well yes but before the vt fuse was mass produced it was widely used in american aa ((i suppose you watched that modern marvels episode on the history channell too)) but considering the hting was lit up the whole time i doubt it was multiple balloons and but with the air ((some 12,000 rounds were fired)) it wouldve been hard for it not to have gotten hit and when in flight lift fails under 160 mph thats why we used a v-12 rotary engine but before the proximity fuse we used a timer with the speed that thing was moving we undoubtedly hit it and flak does explode

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join