It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacks Have Less Worth Than Whites

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Jakko, I will pick one point from Spawwn again and I want you to follow this up. When has the news EVER featured the kidnap or murder of a cute young black girl on Headline news and when have there EVER been follow-up stories that go to the Internet and at a global level?

I am a parent and I pray fervently that the little British girl will be found alive and well. However, give me one similar incident where so much publicity has been generated for a black girl and I will make a public apology on this thread.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Spawn Said:

"One of the biggest reasons pot is not legal is because they make a lot of money..busting inner city kids for drugs."

Can i just say something coming from one of the biggest pot smoking countries in the world (and yes it's illegal here in Australia too). The reason Pot is illegal is because of the health side effects. Paranoia, schitzophrenic, etc. I've seen people close to me just crack under it all and they are paranoid, anxious most of the time now. It seriously has affected them long term on an every day basis. Social life. Basically Gone. They wish they had never touched the stuff.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It is in the media's best interest to always add fuel to any fires, especially racial ones. Why? It's all about power, control, ratings, money and greed.

When was the last time the media on the whole reported constructive and positive news, that actually helped?

I don't even turn the news on period in the Detroit area because it is always so damn depressing.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
As I thought - no-one has issued a story about a cute little black girl that has gone global. I accept that there is ethnocenticity involved in news reporting across the world. But where are the stories about young black children WHO ARE AMERICAN as well!

Too many of the replies to this thread are vitriolic and pejorative (e.g. 'I did not enslave you ...etc...'). Why are we getting into bitterness and revenge? As Judasz said even Hollywood wants jive talking black stereotypes instead of the strong, wise black male.

I just want all black life and white life to have the same importance but from the replies so far, I can only say: 'plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose' (the more things change, the more they stay the same).

I cannot see any way forward for America.

SR

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heronumber0
Jakko, I will pick one point from Spawwn again and I want you to follow this up. When has the news EVER featured the kidnap or murder of a cute young black girl on Headline news and when have there EVER been follow-up stories that go to the Internet and at a global level?

I am a parent and I pray fervently that the little British girl will be found alive and well. However, give me one similar incident where so much publicity has been generated for a black girl and I will make a public apology on this thread.

I have personally disagreed with alot of things alot of people have said in this thread but i do agree with what you've just said about this it's no fault of the little girls that she is white and went missing but you'd never have all the attention and constant reminding that she's missing on the news and papers every hour and day if she was black or a ethnic minority and yes that is my opinion.

But one i base on everyday i know that countless black kids will have been killed in Africa and even scrap that countless kids of every colour get killed worldwide daily and you know what they're not in the frontpage of the papers everyday and people can claim oh yeah but that's why i donate to charity and 'charity and giving money to poor countries etc. etc. is always in the news' SO it don't mean jack cause people will still die but what it's supposed to be less important because it's not featured in the media everysingle day??

It's stupid cause i'm sorry but no amount of endless media cover is going to bring that little girl back any sooner also how no amount of media coverage is going to solve all of the problems in Africa or the World... BUT i believe also that SOME aspects of the media are racist and fuel racism and bigotry...Hell racism in it's self is a self-serving paradox which feeds its self and fools the people but anyway..

I personally think and would bet money on it that you'll never see the amount of media focus or attention on another case like the little madeleine girl ever again and you know why it's because even the Portuguese or so i'm told from a Portuguese friend are getting fed up with it because why do they have to constantly pay attention and see everday in the papers about this missing little white british girl when you never have this worldwide commontion over missing portuguese children and that's it cause people aren't dumb...It's double standards by the media claim bulls**t from me if you want but the media is milking it for it's worth and playing you all for fools cause you'll never see the same commotion over a coloured kid..But they have to do it now if it ever does happen (I pray that it don't ever because that would be the worst feeling on this earth for a parent)

Cause if they give this much attention to one kid then why not to the others are they not as important?

Anyway i apologise if i cause offence to anyone i've tried to convey my point as clear as i can and i believe that some parts of the media are racist.

P.s. Look at how the media potrayed black people during Katrina and look at the media and entertainment industry view of black culture they think 50 Cent and Cam'ron represent black culture and are what black kids want to grow up and aspire to be...ppfffffftttt
damn fools.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I Think of a typical news report: "A plane crash in the Caribbean killed 6 Americans and 4 British people along with 254 others" (i.e. nonentities). I am not paranoid - only truthful.

1st of all in Canada for example there won't be a mention of the plane unless it had Canadians on it or there was some one famous involved.

2nd of all can you tell me what colour is an Amrerican or British person?

or are do you beleive American = White?

Isn't there more American non-whites members of the Armed Forces than white ones?

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I think this is what gets to the heart of what I wanted to say. White people cannot live this and therefore find it puzzling when black people dare to mention that everything is not all peaches and cream and home-baked apple pie.

Thanks for stereotyping me.
It's not discrimination, it's the fact that traditionally, African Americans have a different culture. African Americans (note that I don't say blacks) commit more crimes and are less educated as a whole. I don't blame this on an inferiority thing, I think that their culture was undeveloped before they were forced into American society. But that's just a hunch... it could stem from a history of inferiority and unfairness.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
JohnMike, that is soooooo not true!

Where is everyone getting these facts? And dont say "statistics say" because we have NO way of approving someones One Sided stats. Were they from the Census Bureau? The same Census that say there are far more Trailer Parks for underprivledged Whites than there are poverish Black neighborhoods some call ghettos?

The same Census that mention Whites as being the majority of Americans on Welfare since the late 90's?

Or maybe the same Census that mention that Whites as being the #1 Race sitting on Death Row, and Hispanics being the new Majority?

And yes, we Blacks do have a different culture...so do Asians, Indians, Irish, Germans, Russians, Jamaicans, Polish, Jewih etc. Come on people!!! Lets get outta the 1960's! We can never move forward as a nation if we keep thinking about the past.

[edit on 20-5-2007 by Judaz_Escariot]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
No Judaz. For one, don't say "we blacks." Don't see yourself as black or white, that's a step in the wrong direction. The truth is that the crime crime rate is higher among blacks in the United States and the mean income is lower. That doesn't mean that blacks are inferior as a color, or that they're all the same, or anything like that. It just means that more are influenced in a way that causes them to commit more crimes and perform more poorly.

These statistics are fine, and don't condemn anyone because of their color. For example, I'm Irish, Italian, Welsh, and Jewish. But Asians in America are, on average, better performers. That doesn't mean that I'm stupider because I'm white, it just means that the middle percentile of Asians is above the middle percentile of whites.

[edit on 20-5-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

As I thought - no-one has issued a story about a cute little black girl that has gone global.

I know, I said I'd not post on this thread, again.

But, your agenda again rears it's head.

Please tell us, your dear readers, how you really feel.

I'm listening.

Lex

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Lex, With respect, I think you know how I feel. However can I give you a scenario. Let's imagine there is a country called Brobdinag where there is a considerable minority of people of a different race called the Yahoos who were immigrants but after 12-16 generations had almost assimilated into the culture and had for the most part taken on the true values of the country.

However, there is a slight problem - the native Brobdinagians have taken on many of the positions of power and it is favourable to adopt the characteristics of the Brobdinagians in order to further your career or to enjoy the positions of power or wealth.

The Yahoos have a choice - adopt another culture in its entirety or have a sense of pride in their roots and remain diferent but still true to the values of the Brobdinagian nation. However, they notice a subtle, subconscious differentiation in medical, educational and social matters due to their slight cultural values. There is a dichotomy between treatment of native Brobdinagians and Yahoos. This is exacerbated when the Brobdinagians of each successive generation relate back to the status of their forefathers and consider subconsciously, the high status that was once held.

What do you think would happen Lex?

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Just a question, are the people in American prisons disproportionally black or not? Do the American Government want to kill more black people on Deat Row or not? Do black districts have more liquor and gun stores than white districts?
I have a preliminary link but will post more soon
allwomencount.net...

Lexion, do you believe that you are watching a free and objective media?

Yes, blacks commit more crime. They commit more crime worth death row. They have more liquor and gun stores because thats what they want in the ghetto. We have white trash who do the same things, but they are a minority and not a majority.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Yes, blacks commit more crime. They commit more crime worth death row. They have more liquor and gun stores because thats what they want in the ghetto. We have white trash who do the same things, but they are a minority and not a majority.

Morkoc

So you imagine that ALL blacks live in the ghetto. You imagine that instead of solving their predicament they want to take the easy way out drink and then kill each other? Please give me solutions not more stereotypes. At least let's get some modicum of understanding in this thread. Can we not even meet each other half way?

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Why I say "We Blacks" is because I cme from that neighborhood with an Asian Corner store that sold liquor to everyone (every race). We had the low income housing and all, but our crime rate was very. In my 29 years (though I moved away) Only 4 people were killed. Half of it was racially motivated and the other half was domestic violence.

I say "We Blacks" because We are fed up with the Falsified Stats of Four Cities. South Central LA, Brooklyn, Chicago and Miami all have CSI Shows and what not...feeding on a hype that hasnt existed since the days of Rodney King. Whites also have crime rates and low income housing, but somehow that flies under the radar. I've been to Maryland, Ohio, Both Virginias, Kansas and Kentucky too name a few, and some of the places made me lock my door, though I wasnt in a Black neighborhood.

I guess what I'm ultimately saying is the same views of Crime and Low Income housing for Afro Americans, is the same view We have when we seeCrime and Low Income housing for Whites. I know youre not being racial, just stating your opinion and I respect that.

As for Heronumber0...it depends on where you live and how the Media reports when it comes to loss children. Here in Charlotte, while Jon Benet was getting airplay, our TV's stayed local to report the missing Asha Degree, a a young black girl, who has websites named after she went missing. Shes just one to name a few.

So the media plays to its audience. Not to sound cruel because I love kids, but people in Charlotte didnt really care that Jon Benet was missing. We sympathized, but we focused on finding our own native girl. Thats just the way the world is.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What I'm saying is this. Images are from Wikipedia.

"This graph shows the homicide victimization rate for European and African Americans, according to the US Bureau of Justice Statistics.[12]"

"This chart shows the median household income for the four largest racial groups in the United States.[14]"

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Morkcoc, Blacks do not commit more crime.

Again I ask....where is everyone getting the facts?! There are more Whites on Deathrow than any race.

And what you see on tv aint always real...the show COPS has tv writers, so you can throw out their cred. I've never known a Cop to ride out every night and find crime. Its funny how shows like COPS always find a criminal when the cameras are rolling.

I guess if you're not Black you'd think most criminals and crime come from Blacks, but we Blacks think that more Whites are commiting crimes (especially high ranking felonies...Martha Stewart :cool

Its a Tomato, Tomatoe...Potato, Poatatoe world of mixed views...

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I am not about pointing fingers or trying to pass the buck, in fact I completely believe in personal responsibility, but Ghetto Blacks have a huge psychological mountain to climb.

I am first generation here in the US and know what it is like to be poor, ethnic and have people stereotype you as an outcast. For a long time I didn't value myself as one of the others because our family ways were different than everyone elses and we didn't have a lot of money. When your young you are easily impressed by the society around you and begin to believe a lot of BS and except it as law. Today most of the BS that I heard was just that, BS.

I am half Italian and half Scottish, my parents both came to the US with nothing but the cloths on their backs and no where to stay. I stayed with my grandparents quite a bit, while my parents both worked in the 60's and 70's. The neighborhood was mostly Italian, so I actually spoke better Italian than english by the time I was 5.

I heard all kinds or racial remarks when I was younger but didn't really acknowledge them, until later on. I had a very close family and that is what really helped ease the pain of poverty and struggle.

One of the comment's I do remember as a child did make an impact, but not until I was older and understood better. The comment I heard over and over was from a group of American Apple Pie kids was " You Italians are just N*#GERs turned inside out". My mother and grandmother told me that they were bad kids and not to listen to what they were saying. It's actually funny now because many of the people that labeled us are living in a world of $hit these days. Love and caring for each other is what got us to where we are today and that is healthy, wealthy and wise.

You see my Italian grandfather was very very dark skinned and kids used to ask me if he was black. I loved my grandfather more than anything else in the world and nothing could change how I felt about him, no, not even hateful comments. Although I am light skinned, I know what it is like to have people try to get a rise out of you by using labels.

If I had to say one thing to Black community, it would be, don't let others knock you off of your dreams by labeling you with some BS comment. You know who you are and what you can do. Everyday you wake up and it's a new day and how you start it is your choice.

Age of Accountability. When we reach the age of accountability it is time to dig in try to leave the past behind and make a mark on life.

[edit on 20-5-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
WoW...I didnt think people called Italians "Fools" turned inside out...

-Nice message, but White Trailer Park kids have hopes too. If Eminem can make it, I'm sure many others can be successful.

If anything, we are proud that we come from the 'Hood...if not, 90% of the music and videos from the last 10 years would never had been made. The ghetto's seen in movies and real life ghettos are 2 Separate things.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Yep, more whites on death row than any other race. But the number of blacks per the number of blacks in the country is the highest rate. There is a disproportionately large number of blacks on death row right now. Additionally, 15 are because of crimes by a white against a black. 215 are because of a black criminal and a white victim.
www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...

[edit on 20-5-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judaz_Escariot
Its called "MEDIA FILTER". Most of us learned about that in college.

As a Black Male, I never trust anything I watch on the local news because its HEAVILY filtered. Why is it you see Blacks on tv being arrested, yet Amber alerts come on a black screen with words and no photo? Filtering.

Most Amber Alerts and Sex Predators are white. Just statting the facts. But Blacks dont go out preaching that. The News has turned us into villians.

[edit on 19-5-2007 by Judaz_Escariot]

Actually most sexual predators are either hispanic or black.

Ever notice that Sharpton never apologized to the Duke players, but insisted on Imus apologizing to the Rutger's players? We are all still waiting for Sharpton's apology. Why hasn't he come forth? Oh that's right, the Duke players are white so it's no big deal.

The media is not making blacks into villains. Blacks have been given way more than enough help to better themselves. But they insist on dwelling in the past and waiting for reparations from people who are long dead. Don't blame the media when black citizens get into trouble with the law.

The reason you see blacks on TV getting arrested is because they broke the law. Why is that so difficult to understand? They do the same to whites, asians and hispanics when they break the law too.

Someone on here brought up Katrina. Well the citizens in New Orleans were told to evacuate. I would blame the corrupt mayor and police force of New Orleans for the mess during Katrina. Remember the video of the New Orleans' police officers looting stores?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join