It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacks Have Less Worth Than Whites

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I cannot find a proper citation on this but I have thought about his all my life from an early age. If you can find one please post it.

Blacks, Asians and other races have intrinsically less value than White people. Think of a typical news report: "A plane crash in the Caribbean killed 6 Americans and 4 British people along with 254 others" (i.e. nonentities). I am not paranoid - only truthful. If white people lived in Iraq and 500,000 white children died of starvation and due to inadequate medicine, there would be no war. However, the Press as a whole treat the Iraqis as moaning camel jockeys'. No pictures have come back from Iraq showing dead or maimed people - not to avoid shocking people at home - but to deliberately keep the war going until the oil runs dry. Iraqi casualties are almost irrelevant yet all lives wasted in that conflict - American, British or Iraqi are equally regrettable and sacred.

The only deaths that make headline news are those of 'celebrities' or violent deaths involving black people (e.g. LA riots) as if the stereotype must be maintained. The only deaths that make the news in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict are long images of the Israelis crying over their dead whilst the thousands of Palestininan children who have died in the conflict are ignored, or images shown of Palestinian children stoning Israeli soldiers.

Is the Press racist? Yes, subconsciously it treats white life as sacred and non-whites as a lower life form. It subconsciously propagates stereotypes whilst on the surface it strives for an objectivity which is ALL illusion.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Originally posted by Heronumber0

The only deaths that make headline news are those of 'celebrities' or violent deaths involving black people (e.g. LA riots) as if the stereotype must be maintained.

This seems to me to have a slight bias. If said person does the act,
the media will report it.

Kind of like something once said about the percentage of blacks being
higher than whites in Federal Prisons.

Guess what ? Those doing the crimes are doing the time.
Nothing racist there, or in reporting I have seen, in the context you
describe.

Anyway, just my 2 cent.

Lex

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Sorry. I am just angry but not confused. Don't you see that a white life has more intrinsic worth than a non-white. And an Arab life has less intrinsic worth than an Israeli? Because if you don't then you may be more conditioned to believe everything you are told than I thought.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Originally posted by Heronumber0

Sorry. I am just angry but not confused. Don't you see that a white life has more intrinsic worth than a non-white. And an Arab life has less intrinsic worth than an Israeli? Because if you don't then you may be more conditioned to believe everything you are told than I thought.

I truly hope that is sarcasm. Sadly, I'm afraid it's not.

Life is life, whether it's white, black, purple or green. To me, anyway.

Maybe I'm not watching/reading the same media you are.
Can you provide some links to the media that gave you this perspective ?

You have my interest,
Lex

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Just a question, are the people in American prisons disproportionally black or not? Do the American Government want to kill more black people on Deat Row or not? Do black districts have more liquor and gun stores than white districts?
I have a preliminary link but will post more soon
allwomencount.net...

Lexion, do you believe that you are watching a free and objective media?

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Another case Lexion, I pray to God, along with other parents, that Madeleine, the youngster lost in Portugal, will be found alive and well. However, an estimated half million children died in Iraq from starvation and lack of appropriate medical welfare prior to the last Iraq war due to the US/UN sanctions. I am sure that THEIR parents cared for them as much as anyone else but their souls remain voiceless.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Another link from Wall St.
www.halfsigma.com...
which appears to indicate that black people are less intelligent than white people without definig intelligence.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Come on Lexion. How many plane crashes involving black nations are given extended time on the T.V. ? It does not take Einstein to realise that only crashes involving white pepole are important to the Press.

I have found another link about portrayal of black people in the media
Link

MOD EDIT:Fix link
Please see This post For instructions on how to format hyperlinks.

[edit on 18-5-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
...Hello Heronumber0

I think what you are describing is a "mindset" that many people of
Europeon descent have. Subtly they feel superior, and subtly they
"project" that others ( non Europeons) are inferior to them.

This mindset, throughout history, and even today has led to destruction
in many parts of the world...

This mindset is so entrenched that many would vehemently deny it...

Thus someone who thinks like this would say that the very idea of a "Black" Vulcan on a show like Star Trek is ridiculous... But, if 70% of the other aliens on that show appear to be "White", it is taken with a grain of salt...

...And it's contagious...

IMO this is the type of attitude that many mainland Chinese admire, and wish to emulate...

( even though historically they were victims of it)

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Sir,
I actually thought we might have a discussion.
You have an agenda.

I'm sorry, but I'll not post on this thread any longer.

Sorry,
Lex

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Lexion, if I have an agenda, it is to show something that I believe in - it is the equality of all of God's human creation. No more. Please discuss your views with me and I apologise if I'm coming on so strong but why write anything if you do not feel it deeply?

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I think what you are describing is a "mindset" that many people of
Europeon descent have. Subtly they feel superior, and subtly they
"project" that others ( non Europeons) are inferior to them.
by cosmokatt7

This is exactly what I was trying to get at. I feel that there is little subtlety in the media because they subconsciously will write something feeling that it is objective whilst it perpetuates feelings of European superiority over non-Europeans. Thank you for your lucidity.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Are you serious??!!

In this day and age, your spuoting off about racism!!??

Have you heard of affermitive action?

How about reperations?

This race card that you all play is getting soooooooooooooo old!!

I did'nt enslave you, nor did my grandfather, get over it!!!!

It is so plain to see you are looking for a free ride!!!

Go to work you lazy sob!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ya, heres my quote!! never has rang more true!!!!!!!!!!!!

'NEVER UNDERESTIMATE SOMEONES ABILITY TO RATIONALIZE THEIR OWN SITUATION"

rings loud and true here folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 5/18/2007 by redseal]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I do think the media is biased I truely do. But not because of color. They look for a story that will cause the most viewing. The main problem with the media is that there is so much out there that they can't grab it all. If you watch some local media newsgroups you'll see new unlike the FOXNEWS and CNN. I believe the military is the least likely to care about race or color. When I was in, no one cared what race or color you were because you had to place your life (or they had to place their life) in your hands. When fighting a fire, everyone was pulled. But the media seems to only focus on things that would get more veiwing. Its a sad thing to say, but most people would rather turn off the T.V then watch some poor people starve, and thats not just white people. People in general don't like to watch suffering. You'd be amazed at how much of that AID you might give actually goes to its intended place. Not very much, because you have to pay for the ad, pay for the phones to take calls, pay for the people taking the calls, pay for the actor doing the commercial. If you truely want to help give to your local food bank. At least there you know where its going to go.

-Aza

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I understand where this topic is coming from and must add my thoughts please. First off I am a white female. That being said I must tell you that the thought of what people of colour experience is something completely foreign to me. Being white means never having to experience, for a one second, indifference. Never looking into the eyes of people to see if they hate me because of who I am. Never having to apologise to someone for being me. Now is this my fault, no. Do I understand what it means to be racist? Yes. I have never treated anyone differently due to their race. I've never felt more privileged then anyone else or superior, I am just me. I also would never allow what people say on a news broadcast mold or direct my beliefs in any way.

I hope my words come across right and not taken wrong.

I always tell my children, what makes a flower garden beautiful is the many colours it hold, and the same goes for the colours of humanity.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Do I think the media is bias? yes i do, but how much of it is brought on by the black people? Look at farakon (sp), Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They constantly throw the race card in our face to the point we want to vomit. Whether they are right or wrong ,and when they are wrong we hear no apology. The blacks at my work place play the NAACP card to land a cushier job or to get out of trouble that they are totally guilty of (lates,absences,home early). Friends of mine who I work with that are black treat me right until we get around a lot of other blacks. Then there attitude and vernacular changes and I become the butt end of racist jokes or ignored completely.
When will we ever hear the end of the slavery issue? I never owned a slave nor have I ever met one. Why do I or others have to pay for a mistake of our ancestors that happened 150 years ago?
BTW ,I don't see the starvation and suffering of white children either. It is happening in and on the streets of America and around the world.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Me being white feel like I am being crapped on by other races for the exact things you type.

I express no racism to any other races, but yet because you stereotype all whites by being racist you make me feel like the minorities you describe.

So all your comments here make me feel how you type, but yet I am white. Odd eh

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Does anyone ever take into consideration the predominate race of the country where the media is based? Surely African, Chinese, Arabic or Israeli media concentrate on news relevent to thier "own" vs "white people stories"

+1 more 
posted on May, 18 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
You're are right, in a sense. What you're missing is it's not just about race.
In a capitalist society the only people that matter are those that can make you money. Minorities are mostly poor in the great USA melting pot, so it would seem they're picked on more because of their colour. But really anyone who is poor, not of any financial worth to anyone, is treated the same way by the establishment. We are not people, we are commodities.

In 1996-1997 6,966 homeless people died on the streets of San Francisco.

The racial/ethnic distribution shows 55 were white, 26 African American, 10 Latino, 1 Asian and 12 unknown/other.

Source PDF

But who cares, right? Black or white, it didn't matter for those people. What mattered was a system that created that homelessness. A system that puts people on pedalstals, and celebrates greed and power and control. Did you here about these almost 7 thousand people on the news? Nobody calling for a change so this doesn’t happen next year?

Then we get the death (all death is sad, don’t get me wrong) of a ditsy, hollyweird drug addled self serving bimbo, and it’s on every news station for a week. Just like the abortion line, ‘That baby could have done something good” or whatever, well some of those homeless people, if given a chance, maybe could have done some good. A poor homeless drug user is a criminal, or scum. A rich drug user is just having problems, and we’ll just send them off to Betty Fords, so they can get better, and continue making me rich.

The establishment likes to keep racial tension alive as it serves as another tool for control.
Keep us fighting among ourselves, and ‘they’ don’t have to worry about us directing our anger at them.
The more we fear people, or groups of people, or stereotypes of people, the easier we are to manipulate and control. People in a constant alert state become stressed, and then will do almost anything to feel safe again. It works because we don’t really notice it. People don’t really recognize where the stress is coming from, or that they’re stressed at all. Well, not until you get cut off on the way home from work in your SUV (stupid ugly vehicle)…

As you have noticed Heronumber0, the media tends to focus more on positive news about whites and negative about ‘others’. Or just lie altogether. During the 80’s there was a series of planned ‘riots’ all across the UK. In every news report they were labeled ‘Race Riots’. Funny that cause most of them were organized by non-minorities (white people) and there were no race barriers on who could ‘riot’ or not. But calling them ‘race riots’ gave people someone, other than the real culprit the establishment, to blame.

We are always blaming the wrong thing, or person, or groups of people for our stresses and anger. The establishment loves creating stereotypes. Minority races tend to be the first blamed just because they are an easy target.
Look at history, in times of national crises racism always increases. And because we have very little to no power to really change anything in society, we tend to lash out at the nearest scapegoat.

When all the time it’s not illegal Mexicans or other minorities taking your jobs, it’s the establishment. It’s not dirty Arab terrorists we have to watch for, it’s the establishment.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mizzu
Does anyone ever take into consideration the predominate race of the country where the media is based? Surely African, Chinese, Arabic or Israeli media concentrate on news relevent to thier "own" vs "white people stories"

Thank You.

Here in Japan, the media tends to give a bit of extra attention to events concerning Japanese people. If there`s a plane crash, they will say: three Japanese and 230 others were killed... and then try to identify the Japanese victims` hometowns and so forth.

It`s not racist. It`s simply giving a heads up to anyone who may have known someone on that plane that they have cause for alarm. Reporting the news, in other words.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join