It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Sick and Tired of Anti-Homosexual People.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos

Thats like saying anything to do w/ civil rights is minuscule. The right for blacks to marry whites, the rights of women. All of these are along the same lines as gay rights. So to say gay rights is minuscle is to also dismiss other civil rights issues of other groups.This is affecting our country. Poeple are also worried about outsourcing and everthing you mentioned or do you think we arent able to focus on more than one cause?

When was the last time did you see gays get hosed of beat at a "gay pride" rally? I have never seen it. When was the last time you saw a gay person get rejected a job solely because of his/her orientation? Hell, do most people even notice if someone is gay anymore?

In a way I can see where you make the correlation between "gay rights" and the civil rights movement and in another way, to be quite honest, I can't.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Look,I don't hate gays. I just don't support their cause. I am sorry, I just don't. They can live any way they want to, and sooner of later, they will get what they want, people always do here in the United States.

However, I don't have to approve of their lifestyle, and I certainly don't have to CONDONE it.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I am bowing out of this conversation because I feel like I am being made into something that I am not. So, the rest of you carry on. I am sorry I even commented on this topic. It's usually one that I steer way clear of because I know how I feel about it.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Thats like saying anything to do w/ civil rights is minuscule. The right for blacks to marry whites, the rights of women. All of these are along the same lines as gay rights. So to say gay rights is minuscle is to also dismiss other civil rights issues of other groups.This is affecting our country. Poeple are also worried about outsourcing and everthing you mentioned or do you think we arent able to focus on more than one cause?

When was the last time did you see gays get hosed of beat at a "gay pride" rally? I have never seen it. When was the last time you saw a gay person get rejected a job solely because of his/her orientation? Hell, do most people even notice if someone is gay anymore?

In a way I can see where you make the correlation between "gay rights" and the civil rights movement and in another way, to be quite honest, I can'

I did not say that their plight was eactly the same (Btw gays get turned down for jobs all the time, they also get harrases beaten up and murdered). I was referring more to not supporting their RIGHTS. You dont have to support or approve of their lifestyle in order to support the fact that they should have the same rights as everyone else. My point was. you said the gay rights issue was miniscule. Well gay rights come to down to a group of people viewed as different by others wanting to enjoy the same constituanal rights as others. This is the same with interacial marraige and womens rights. All 3 of these groups did not have the RIGHT to do what they wanted (ie get married and vote in the womome's case) So if you are calling the plight of one group miniscule then you are dismissing other CIVIL RIGHTS issues as well.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Definition of morality:

# concern with the distinction between good and evil or right and wrong; right or good conduct

# ethical motive: motivation based on ideas of right and wrong

www.wordnet.princeton.edu...

"Right" and "wrong" according to whom?

I dislike it very much when people turn what is a personal bias into a "moral" issue. Personally I don't find homosexuality to be immoral. How is loving someone immoral? Hate speech, now, THAT I find immoral and offensive.

Edit for cleaning up the URL

[edit on 24-4-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Okay, to be fair, Speaker isn't saying any hate speech.

So lets not claim he is.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'm not trying to bash Speaker. I'm stating my dislike of people in general that say hateful things about gays. I live in the SF Bay Area and even HERE people still say hateful ignorant things about homosexuals.

I'm sorry if Speaker is feeling I'm picking on him, or if anyone else got that impression.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I never said speaker was being hateful. I hope i wasnt giving that impression. I would just like to understand his opinion a bit more and would like for him to understand mine. I like haveing healthy debates/conversations. I hope speaker dosnt feel attacked

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I never said speaker was being hateful. I hope i wasnt giving that impression. I would just like to understand his opinion a bit more and would like for him to understand mine. I like haveing healthy debates/conversations. I hope speaker dosnt feel attacked

Well, we are all entitled to our opinions. If some one wants to argue for gay rights, that's fine. I am certainly not going to degrade them for it.

You know, when we turn on the T.V, all you hear in today's culture is "so and so is this and so and so is that." If you were to make any judgments based on Hollywood, hell, you would think 80% of society was gay. :shk: Sometimes, I think the only way to get around this is let them have their civil unions, so the rest of us can move on with our lives. It's becoming a distraction from other pertinent issues.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Sometimes, I think the only way to get around this is let them have their civil unions, so the rest of us can move on with our lives. It's becoming a distraction from other pertinent issues.

Now THAT is truly something we can both believe.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You know, when we turn on the T.V, all you hear in today's culture is "so and so is this and so and so is that." If you were to make any judgments based on Hollywood, hell, you would think 80% of society was gay. :shk: Sometimes, I think the only way to get around this is let them have their civil unions, so the rest of us can move on with our lives. It's becoming a distraction from other pertinent issues.

You make a good point. People are going to be gay whether or not we let them get married. If we let them have the same rights that we have, they wouldn't have to have gay rights parades.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
www.godhatesfags.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">DO NOT CLICK LINK OF EASILY OFFENDED

Those people make me sick!
One user commented...

Premarital sex isn't worth it! You can catch AIDS, or cancer

CANCER???

:bnghd:

[edit on 25-4-2007 by Disgustipated]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Disgustipated, your link doesn't work.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
When I did "copy link location" I got this:

www.godhatesfags.com...

He's right, it is pretty offensive.

[edit on 25-4-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
In response to HERMAN they prob will still have paradeds after they are allowed to have the same rights. other groups still do and they have the same rights ie Puerto Rican day parade, st. patricks day parade (dont know if that counts).

Withregards to that site. Its just evi being cloaked by God's words. God said ''Love thy neighbor", 'He who is w/o sin cast the the first stone' and leave judgment up to him, and some some other verses about not having evil thoughts and such. But of course they choose to overlook that part and just interpret his words as hate. People like that PISS ME OFF . Because you are taking the religion that love and stigmitizing it. If you wanna follow God's words so closly how about you start following the one's above.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I hate those people so much...

I'm just glad they're just a small church.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i am on the same level as speaker

i dont like gays but i dont care in someways as long as i dont have to deal with them.

i wont comdem or condone them
or condone or condem the rights that they want.

for instant there is a gay ginger in group 1 at college (i am group 2)
and i dont have any problems with him, i make sure to keep out his way though

[edit on 25-4-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

In response to HERMAN they prob will still have paradeds after they are allowed to have the same rights. other groups still do and they have the same rights ie Puerto Rican day parade, st. patricks day parade (dont know if that counts).

Withregards to that site. Its just evi being cloaked by God's words. God said ''Love thy neighbor", 'He who is w/o sin cast the the first stone' and leave judgment up to him, and some some other verses about not having evil thoughts and such. But of course they choose to overlook that part and just interpret his words as hate. People like that PISS ME OFF . Because you are taking the religion that love and stigmitizing it. If you wanna follow God's words so closly how about you start following the one's above.

You know, its gotten to the point where I don't really know anymore. The Bible seems like one big hypocritical book. Sometimes it says to kill, then it says to love everyone, etc...its just hypocritical. Many Christians choose to just follow the good parts, but the Westboro Baptist church just follows the negative parts. So really, I don't know anymore.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disgustipated

Premarital sex isn't worth it! You can catch AIDS, or cancer

CANCER???

:bnghd:

[edit on 25-4-2007 by Disgustipated]

Females can get cervical cancer from unprotected sex, not nessasarly premarital sex. Just like you can get aid during marital sex. Its all about protecting yourself

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen

You know, its gotten to the point where I don't really know anymore. The Bible seems like one big hypocritical book. Sometimes it says to kill, then it says to love everyone, etc...its just hypocritical. Many Christians choose to just follow the good parts, but the Westboro Baptist church just follows the negative parts. So really, I don't know anymore.

This is the biggest reason I threw in the towel. At the age of nine, I might add.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join