It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Sick and Tired of Anti-Homosexual People.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
i feel like there ar some gay people who 'shove it in your face' but there are some who dont. Just like there are those hypernasculine alpha male type guys who seem like they always have to prove there sexuality. With any group you have diversity, thats no exception w/ gay people thereare different types. rom flamboyant to the conservative hunter that you would have never suspected. Its a spectrum

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos
i feel like there ar some gay people who 'shove it in your face' but there are some who dont. Just like there are those hypernasculine alpha male type guys who seem like they always have to prove there sexuality. With any group you have diversity, thats no exception w/ gay people thereare different types. rom flamboyant to the conservative hunter that you would have never suspected. Its a spectrum

Quoted for truth.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Forgive me here.

It Is a rant, so I'll be forgiving too.

But, there are going to be Anti-homosexual people, as well as Pro.
Some, like me, are neither. I'm a "people are people" person. For what THATS worth. I try my best not to judge others by their beliefs or lifestyle.
Unless it harms others in some way.

I'm sure it's frustrating that there are Anti-gay people out there.
But, just like anything else..A belief like that, is pretty hard to shake.
Especially when a belief is ingrained deeply into your psyche.
From a religious point of view..Or from a Father, or Mother who might say, over and over, something like "all those homos are gonna burn in hell".

I was somewhat of a gay basher, when growing up. I know why too.
It was just the thing to do. Peer pressure, mocking the "sissies", whatever.
I had to unlearn it, and it took a while.

All I'm saying is don't hate ALL anti-gay people.
They have a lot to learn!

[edit on 24-4-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

I was somewhat of a gay basher, when growing up. I know why too.
It was just the thing to do. Peer pressure, mocking the "sissies", whatever.
I had to unlearn it, and it took a while.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by spacedoubt]

(apparently there is no thumbs up icon over here so...)

I just wanted to say that i applaude you for doing your part to 'deny ignorance'.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Speaker of Truth-Is homosexuality causing murders (on the part of the hoosexual not the hateful straight people who have choosen to kill them).are they responsible for robberies, pedophilia, wars? Are they the main ones causing the probs we have in the U.S.?NO so how can you say that they are ruining the country?

To say that gays are not somewhat responsible for pedophilia is kind of naive. Of course many, if not most of these guys that molest little boys are homosexual, or at least of that persuasion. Now, I am not saying that all of them are, but you have to figure it into the equation. I don't think a straight male is going to rape a little boy.

Anyway, like I said, I don't want to get into a religious discussion about this. I think it's quite obvious what I am talking about without bringing religion into the scheme. Like I said, they can live any way they wish, but when it starts affecting our society, I think the line should be drawn.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Maybe it's just me, but being celibate seems pretty sick and narcissistic.

Well, in my case, my celibacy is due to insecurity. I haven't had the gumption to approach a female in quite sometime. Am I sick? Probably. Am I narcissisitic? Hardly.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I don't think a straight male is going to rape a little boy.

Thats probably correct. a "straight" pedophile, would probably go after little girls. Personally, straight, or homosexual, neither of these words belong next to the word pedophile. A pedo, is a pedo. That is their disgusting "preference".

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It has been researched that most molestors same sex or not they ARE not homosexual

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
It really doesn't matter to me, if people want to be anti-homosexual i could care less. If someone wanted to be anti-heterosexual i could care less either. Let people believe what they want to believe, it doesn't physically harm people.

Being anti-something never leads to physical harm? Not always, but in many cases it can. I don't even think I need to cite examples...

I really wouldn't say many. A lot of people are not that extreme in any belief.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

It has been researched that most molestors same sex or not they ARE not homosexual

I have heard that. I don't personally buy it, but I have heard that as well.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Pedophilia has absolutely NOTHING to do with sexual orientation. It has to do with men having too much testosterone. When put on testosterone therapy or chemical castration, they don't molest anymore.

That sort of thing drives me nuts -- homosexuals = child molesters. It's just an excuse to hate a group of people because there is no real, logical reason to hate them, only religious ones.

Which leads me back around to why I dislike organized religion so much. I thought (of the Christians in this example) that Jesus said to love thy neighbor. He didn't say love thy neighbor only if they're straight. It was my impression as an athiest that has extensively studied Christianity that Jesus was born on earth to get rid of the old ways -- the old Testament -- and usher in a new age of love for all men. ALL men. The only (very questionable) references to homosexuality in the Bible are vague and are all in the old Testament.

This sort of thing reminds me most poignantly of what they used to say of black men in the South, before the civil rights movement (and I'm sure that it's still said and believed in some circles): that all black men are just waiting to rape a white woman. Crap.

And so it is crap that homosexuality is wrong, or that homosexuals are pedophiles.

What those sorts of statements are is hate speech which puts the sayers of such nonsense on the same level as the Aryan Nation or any other hate group.

Misinformation is misinformation, no matter what quarter it comes from, or group it's directed at.

We all need to spend less time worrying about the individual rights of our neighbors (and interfering in them because we don't believe they are "equal" to us) and worry more about what is happening to our Constitutionally guaranteed liberties.

(getting down off my soapbox now)

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

Which leads me back around to why I dislike organized religion so much.

Well, I am not a person that is into organized religion.

You know, you secularists :shk: keep wanting to bring religion into this mix. Religion really has very little to do with my opinion on homosexuality. Besides, I am not religious I am spiritual. There is a difference.

I just think it's wrong and to be quite honest, kind of disgusting. That is just my opinion period. But I can tell you this, America shouldn't be forced to CONDONE something that the majority of its citizens view with disdain. It's really that simple.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I must respectfully disagree. The Constitution guarantees ALL of us the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

You don't have to condone homosexuality, but they have a right under our Constitution - that guarantees us all our other precious rights (such as the one to have a conversation such as this freely and without interference) - to live their lives as you live yours.

I don't agree with a lot of things other people do. But I'm not trying to outlaw them just because I find them disgusting. Unless, of course, someone else's actual life, limb, or property is in jeopardy. I personally find fellatio disgusting, but I'm not telling people to keep it out of my face.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

Which leads me back around to why I dislike organized religion so much. I thought (of the Christians in this example) that Jesus said to love thy neighbor. He didn't say love thy neighbor only if they're straight. It was my impression as an athiest that has extensively studied Christianity that Jesus was born on earth to get rid of the old ways -- the old Testament -- and usher in a new age of love for all men. ALL men. The only (very questionable) references to homosexuality in the Bible are vague and are all in the old Testament.

You shouldnt blame the religon its the followers. Some followers of religon go by the love thy neighbor philosophy and accept the gay communitty such as myself. In fact I use religion to promote tolerance and love for homosexuals. IIts the the others that that abuse and misinterpret the word in order to serve their own biases. I too dislike it when gay-bashers uexploit the bible to fuel hatred in others. The bible is vague when it comes to homosexuality but it is clear in a few thing 1)love thy neighbor 2)he who is without sin cast the first stone #)only god can judge But some people choose to skip over those parts and go straight to the others. It is through the bible and my own heart that i have come to form my opinion of the gay community

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I am not saying that I necessarily find them "disgusting," I do find their actions contemptible. All though, as I have already stated, that's not really my business. However, when they start affecting our society and start having political influence, like they are currently, then,yeah, I have a whole lot to say about it. I try to stay away from threads like this because it runs me hot knowing that all of the liberals on this board, and their are plenty of them, are up in arms about this.

Why not get up in arms about the destruction of America? Why not get up in arms about illegal immigrants crossing our borders like a freaking pinata just exploded? Why not get up in arms over the fact that they are trying to do away with the middle class? Why not get up in arms about the fact that our jobs are going to foreign nations? If you're going to get up in arms about something, get up in arms about something that effects everyone in this country, not just a minute handful of people.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
My point is. There are so many other things that are wrong or things perceived wrong.. why focus on something that is rather minuscule to the average person's point of view? If you want to get mad about something, get mad about some of the things that is effecting everyone in this country!!

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Homosexuals are the minority and I'm sure they will always be...

I just don't see how they can cause America to "go to hell in a hand basket."

I mean the Netherlands is doing fairly well and they've had gay marriage legal for the longest time. And in many other European countries as well.

And they are mostly Christian. Yes I know you stated it has very little to do with your religious beliefs but I thought I would bring that up.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
My point is. There are so many other things that are wrong or things perceived wrong.. why focus on something that is rather minuscule to the average person's point of view? If you want to get mad about something, get mad about some of the things that is effecting everyone in this country!!

Thats like saying anything to do w/ civil rights is minuscule. The right for blacks to marry whites, the rights of women. All of these are along the same lines as gay rights. So to say gay rights is minuscle is to also dismiss other civil rights issues of other groups.This is affecting our country. Poeple are also worried about outsourcing and everthing you mentioned or do you think we arent able to focus on more than one cause?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Homosexuals are the minority and I'm sure they will always be...

I just don't see how they can cause America to "go to hell in a hand basket."

They are not the sole cause. I didn't say that. As a matter of fact, I just listed the major contributing factors to America going to hell in a hand basket. However, I do think that, at least as far as our moral status is concerned, gays do play a role in it, yes.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

And they are mostly Christian. Yes I know you stated it has very little to do with your religious beliefs but I thought I would bring that up.

Kacen, some here would probably argue whether I am Christian. I certainly am not orthodox Christian, so, no, religion, at least in my view, has very little to do with this. I am only Christian in the sense that I believe in Jesus Christ, after that, most Christians and myself part ways. Although, morally I have many similarities with Christians. Most of my beliefs don't coincide well with organized Christianity at all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join