It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Sick and Tired of Anti-Homosexual People.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It's my belief that 90% of people who believe homosexuality is a choice would change their mind if they sat down and had a talk with an honest homosexual person. Yeah, there are probably people who are homosexual because it's different or for attention, but I don't think that's the case with most gay people. I have a gay friend, and if he hadn't told me that he was gay, I never would have known. He's a completely normal person, and has been gay his entire life. It's not a choice for him to be gay anymore than it is a choice for me to be straight. I couldn't suddenly say "Ok, now I want to be gay because society and religion says it's right." Why should we expect gay people to do the same? How are they hurting us in any way? It's not like the worlds population is shrinking and we're in danger of becoming extinct - it's quite the opposite. Saying that they're hurting us because they don't reproduce is a complete cop-out. Should two people be allowed to get married if they never plan to have children, or if they just want to adopt? What if people are unable to have children. Is that wrong as well? I really do feel bad for my friend sometimes. Not because he's gay, but because he's not "allowed" to have the same kind of life as everyone else. It's not like he goes out and "shoves it down people's throat." Being homosexual isn't going to hurt anyone in any way, shape, or form, yet there are tons of people who still are "against" them. Doesn't anyone have any sympathy anymore? My friend didn't "decide" he was gay. He tells me about being in middle-school, and how for the longest time he tried to convince himself that he was just in a phase, or that he was just confused. He tried asking girls out and hoping he'd "get over" his gay phase. That has to be a terrible thing to go through, then to have everyone else not let you live your life because of something that's not going to effect them in any way what so ever? It's not "shoving homosexuality down our throats" if we let gay people get married. It's not as if they're trying to force us to get "gay married," or stop allowing us to get "straight married." It's ridiculous.

Going with Seperation of Church and State here for a second, can anyone name one purely non-religious reason why gay people shouldn't be allowed to get married?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Going with Seperation of Church and State here for a second, can anyone name one purely non-religious reason why gay people shouldn't be allowed to get married?

I just gave you one. It blurs the line as to what constitutes a marriage.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

I just gave you one. It blurs the line as to what constitutes a marriage.

But is that really such a huge deal? Would it really hurt everyone so much to change the definition from "A man and a woman" to "Two people"? Marriage started a long time ago when homosexuality was totally rejected in society. What exactly is "wrong" about blurring a line of a definition that wouldn't hurt us anyway? I might be more inclined to agree with you if marriage were purely a religious ceremonial function, but not being able to get married can provide a huge hindrance to people's lives. Two gay people could live together for their whole lives, one of them dies, and nothing gets passed on to the partner because technically they weren't married. What if one of them had an adopted child? This child could have been raised by two men or two women their entire life, then if one of their "parents" were to get into an accident, they would get shipped back to an orphanage because technically their other parent wasn't legitimate. Just because you don't condone something doesn't mean it should be illegal.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
It really doesn't matter to me, if people want to be anti-homosexual i could care less. If someone wanted to be anti-heterosexual i could care less either. Let people believe what they want to believe, it doesn't physically harm people.

Being anti-something never leads to physical harm? Not always, but in many cases it can. I don't even think I need to cite examples...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Is it normal for Japanese schoolgirls to French kiss each other and wear thigh-high stockings to school? Oh to be a young Japanese boy again....

Peace

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
But I'm sick and tired of people showing their gayness in my face.

Why is everyone hopping around with look I'm gay, ha, ha.

Who cares.

You want to be gay, fine, just quit shoving it into my face like I should give a
because you are gay. You want special treatment because
you are gay, go somewhere else. Somewhere were people care if you are gay or not. Here in my world I don't care . I refuse to hate you because you are, or aren't gay. I refuse to be best buds with you because you are, or aren't gay. I hate people who are
, and I like people who aren't.

Here's a clue for life, worry about the type of person you are in life. The rest is all secondary.

PS Dr. Love the Imagiry was awesome, thank you. I would like to say to all that hot lesbians making out rates as "High Quality H2O", as the Waterboy would say.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
But I'm sick and tired of people showing their gayness in my face.
[edit on 24-4-2007 by Royal76]

Who is shoving their gayness in your face, did you see a man and a man holding hands and thought "oh, look at the gays, acting all gay", because last time I checked, a lot of men and women do that, if gays cant shove their gayness in your face (as you so graciously put it) then no hetro couple can shove it in anyones face, I would much rather see a true gay couple kissing or holding hands or hugging or what have you then a fake hetro couple slobering all over eachother like a wolf pack after a small wounded animal, now maybe we live in a different enviroment and setting, but if I have any idea of what "shoving gayness in face" means, then you clearly just hate it all together, correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You know, I've honestly never experienced gay people acting in such ways, I don't know why so many people say they shove it in your face. I've never experienced it...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

But is that really such a huge deal? Would it really hurt everyone so much to change the definition from "A man and a woman" to "Two people"?

More PC... You know what, I am about to bow out of this conversation because I am going to get angry. I am watching this nation go to hell in a hand basket and everyone seems to be fine with it. I dread what this country is going to be like in 50 years, really. Well, I'll be 80 years old then, if I am even alive. So I'll let the rest of you deal with it. Have fun.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You do realize that the United States is rather behind in this department compared to Europe. Most countries in Europe are legalizing gay marriage, we're the conservative wackos for being against it.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The fact this is even being discussed p....s me off.

I think a gay person with issues about their acceptance needs to look beyond their sexuallity and into themselves AS A WHOLE

The ANSWERS to their woes cannot be found from outside sources. ONLY AGREEMENT. Which in turn provides false justification.
I accept being gay seems NORMAL for most homosexuals but not NATURAL in the big scheme of things. The human race needs natural reproduction for fundemental survival...male + female, it's simple, but I accept that we live in a world that includes deviation from the norm. I also believe a child should have a mother and a father figure as parents, not two mums or two dads.

Q: How would the gay population feel if there was a "Hetrosexual Day" festival?

People are ridiculed, patronised, segregated, unaccepted etc etc on a staggering scale all the time, all over the world for much more important things than what they do with their genitals.
A gay persons feeling of unacceptance cannot be overcome by sympathy from others and would indicate to me a person who is unsure of themselves FULL STOP. The same could ba applied to most personal problems. It's FALSE in my opinion.:shk:

AND FOR EVEYONES INFORMATION: I AM MALE, CELIBATE AND HAVE BEEN FOR YEARS NOW AND HAVE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER, THE CLARITY IS AMAZING, but will always FEEL hetrosexual.
Natural for ME, but I don't make a song and dance about it and never have a problem talking about it. If someone doesn't understand or takes the pee, it's THEIR problem and I don't berate them for it. Merely try to educate them a little and expand their perseptions a little.

I know I am in a minority being celibate and all, but don't blame me or anyone else for a gays problems. Help them understand themselves.

Read "In the dark places of wisdom" by Peter Kingsley (amzon)link to book here. The most important book I ever read!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
You do realize that the United States is rather behind in this department compared to Europe. Most countries in Europe are legalizing gay marriage, we're the conservative wackos for being against it.

Kacen,I am not only talking about the whole "gay marriage" issue. There is a whole host of things and directions that the United States is heading towards where I, to be unequivocally honest, see nothing good coming out of it. However, by the time it reaps fruition I'll either be dead or so old I won't give a # anymore. So, keep on keeping on.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Nerbot,
I am also celibate. I have been for quite a while as well. I don't think I am quite as enthusiastic about it as you are,
, but my celibacy stems more from my social problems than by choice. So...
for whatever it's worth.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Speaker,

I'll make this short because I have to go to work. You speak of this country going to Hell in a hand basket because of issues like this. I'll ask you a simple question.

I understand that we need to be tougher on criminals, illegal immigration, drug use, etc., but my question to you ishow would letting homosexuals be themselves hurt anyone at all? Don't make this about reproduction - like I said, we're not at all short on people. Heterosexuals far outnumber homosexuals, so we don't have to worry about that.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I understand that we need to be tougher on criminals, illegal immigration, drug use, etc., but my question to you ishow would letting homosexuals be themselves hurt anyone at all? Don't make this about reproduction - like I said, we're not at all short on people. Heterosexuals far outnumber homosexuals, so we don't have to worry about that.

I view this issue from a perspective of morality. Now, don't get me wrong, I have met some gay people who were some of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet.

However, I have tried refraining from making this a morality discussion, but... as I have already stated, the homosexual lifestyle is wrong in my honest opinion. For the U.S to condone such activity would be ,at least in my opinion, deterring from the moral foundation, as if we haven't already, that this nation was built on, and turning into something that our forefathers wouldn't even recognize.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Why is homosexuality wrong?? If you feel it is wrong religoously then I must say that no sin is greater than another, judgment should be left to god, and love thy neighbor. I dont know if people were born gay or or if its something they like to do. I choose to believe most are born gay and because of this I see no problem with homosexuality. I am not homosexual but i believe that what happens between 2 (or more)consenting adults is up to them

Speaker of Truth-Is homosexuality causing murders (on the part of the hoosexual not the hateful straight people who have choosen to kill them).are they responsible for robberies, pedophilia, wars? Are they the main ones causing the probs we have in the U.S.?NO so how can you say that they are ruining the country?

BTW its really funny that there is an ad for 'love and pride' jewlery next to this topic.Was this done intentionally?

[edit on 4/24/2007 by ImpliedChaos]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
yeah speaker, I hear ya.
my celibacy never started as a "personal choice" really, it just evolved over time ('bout 7 years now) after I decided to have a relationship with myself for a change after a string of destructive (to me) relationships and could end if lightening struck. I stay open and if I did meet someone now, I would be the real "ME" with eyes wide open not fooled by "smoke & mirrors".

The point I am making which is this thread in a nutshell is : I will not need to seek approval from others to tell me my relationship is normal.

TWO HALVES DO NOT MAKE A WHOLE THEY JUST MAKE TWO HALVES

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You know, I've honestly never experienced gay people acting in such ways, I don't know why so many people say they shove it in your face. I've never experienced it...

Kacen,
Maybe it's the parades?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me, but being celibate seems pretty sick and narcissistic.

sort of..........

"I'm not much, but I'm all I think about"

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Kacen,
Maybe it's the parades?

Besides the parades, I'm talking about on a personal level.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join