It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Sick and Tired of Anti-Homosexual People.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
i am on the same level as speaker

i dont like gays but i dont care in someways as long as i dont have to deal with them.

i wont comdem or condone them
or condone or condem the rights that they want.

for instant there is a gay ginger in group 1 at college (i am group 2)
and i dont have any problems with him, i make sure to keep out his way though

[edit on 25-4-2007 by bodrul]

I'm trying to understand you...

You just avoid them? Isn't that in itself a form of discriminating...?

So you would never be friends with one, I assume...

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

Originally posted by Kacen

You know, its gotten to the point where I don't really know anymore. The Bible seems like one big hypocritical book. Sometimes it says to kill, then it says to love everyone, etc...its just hypocritical. Many Christians choose to just follow the good parts, but the Westboro Baptist church just follows the negative parts. So really, I don't know anymore.

This is the biggest reason I threw in the towel. At the age of nine, I might add.

It seems that all old religious texts are basically written cryptically and are also hypocritical, ether that or some of the things its saying are merely examples or quoting people and only some things are to be followed.

Question is, how do you tell whats example and whats to be followed?

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
My smart-ass answer: You don't bother to try.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I'm trying to understand you...

You just avoid them? Isn't that in itself a form of discriminating...?

So you would never be friends with one, I assume...

i just avoid them, i dont really care if some people think its discriminating
as long they dont bother me i dont care what they do in their lives.

and no i would not be a friend to anyone gay (if i found out a friend was gay i would say chow)

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

and no i would not be a friend to anyone gay (if i found out a friend was gay i would say chow)

What if that was your child? I guess you would still say chow?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos

Some parents do. I certainly don't know that I would do that to one of my children, but I have heard of some parents who have.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos

disown straight away
i wouldnt him/her living under my roof :shk:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Thats sad.. i'm not surprised but it is still sad

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
@ Bodrul: I can't even believe you would do that...

Thats just sad. :shk:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

@ Bodrul: I can't even believe you would do that...

Thats just sad. :shk:

oh well lifes a bitch
as shocking as you and others find it

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

oh well lifes a bitch
as shocking as you and others find it

Horse patoot. Do you have children? I bet not. You cannot imagine the emotional feelings parenthood brings to the surface. Not until you've been there.

You wouldn't know a child of yours was homosexual until at tleast their teen years. At that point, no way you could disown them. I don't believe it.

Easy to say that you would hypothetically, but no, not in the real world.

Unless you're more soulless than Dick Cheney.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Horse patoot. Do you have children? I bet not. You cannot imagine the emotional feelings parenthood brings to the surface. Not until you've been there.

not a parent yet so
true

You wouldn't know a child of yours was homosexual until at tleast their teen years. At that point, no way you could disown them. I don't believe it.

actuily itt would be easy (well not easy easy) but possible

Easy to say that you would hypothetically, but no, not in the real world.

Unless you're more soulless than Dick Cheney.

then call me souless as much as you please

hypothetically in the future if i have a kid and it turns out to be gay at a later age i would disown (it goes against what i believe)
also i would try and straighten the kid out first if that doesnt work plan a

one question though why should i care what you guys think?
just because i wont imbrace gays like you guys?

[edit on 26-4-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Ok, before this turns into a bunch of people calling eachother names and people fighting other people, remember, you are allowed to dislike what you want to dislike, truly, I am shocked at what some people have said, but you know what, everyone has something shocking about them, and if there is anythign I have learned, you cant really convince someone to change their mind on a forum, especialy when it comes to this topic.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
@ Bodrul: Your hypothetical child would trust you.

He/she would think you cared about him/her and if you just disowned him/her thats irresponsible, heartless, and just cruel. Do you know what that does to a person to get disowned for something you probably cannot help?

I'm really beginning to become critical of your religion in general. I've already been critical of Christianity for the longest time now I'm beginning to see Islam has much the same faults, if not worse. :shk: At least Jewish people, in general, learn to adapt their beliefs to the times, it seems to be the only Abrahamic religion I don't mind.

[edit on 4/26/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Kacen this isnt a religous thing more of something i belive is wrong :shk:
heck i come froma religous background but never been taught to hate and discrimate against others of other faiths and so forth. so dont bring in the faith card as i havent said its because of my faith Kacen.

i belive that its wrong and not right.
the so called child in the future when i have kids and so forth
i wouldnt want living under my roof and honestly i dont really care what the person does

[edit on 26-4-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Thats really surprising.

I just don't see how anyone can so strongly object to homosexuals without religious reasons to do so (which is at least an excuse, not a good one, but its understandable).

But even speaker of truth, it would seem, wouldn't just stop being friends with someone if he found out they were gay. I just don't see how you could do that...

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

one question though why should i care what you guys think?
just because i wont imbrace gays like you guys?

"Care"? I don't know. Why should you? Should we care that you don't?

And it has nothing to do with embracing gays. At least from my perspective. I'm just flat telling you that once you've had a child, you could no more turn your back on your child for being gay than you could for having red hair or being left handed or having a physical ailment or liking opera.

You make a completely unfounded hypothetical statement about what you could do to an as of yet non-existant child and expect to be taken seriously, when anyone who's been a parent can tell you you're full of canal water on that topic.

We get it, you don't want to "imbrace" [sic] gays. No one's forcing you to, I don't think. But if it was your child, you'd feel differently. And you're quite naive to think otherwise.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Thats really surprising.

I just don't see how anyone can so strongly object to homosexuals without religious reasons to do so (which is at least an excuse, not a good one, but its understandable).

i dont let my faith rule my life (well not all aspects of it anyway)
just amusing to see people as the assume i let my faith control how i live my life. hence look to the left avatar if i was hard core religous would that be there

But even speaker of truth, it would seem, wouldn't just stop being friends with someone if he found out they were gay. I just don't see how you could do that...

everyone thinks diffrent ways and act diffrent
and everyone has diffrent values that they hold religous or not

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Okay Bodrul I apologize for bringing your religion into this.

But first I'd like to ask you do you think homosexuality is a choice or something that can't be helped?

I'm 78.4% certain that your going to say you think its a choice, fast-forward and lets hypothetically pretend that scientists have found out that it is indeed NOT a choice and is something people cannot help and are born with.

Would you still disown your child for being a homosexual, if you found out for a fact its not a choice?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You make a completely unfounded hypothetical statement about what you could do to an as of yet non-existant child and expect to be taken seriously, when anyone who's been a parent can tell you you're full of canal water on that topic.

then stop asking what i would do
right now thats what i would do and thats how i feel
what do you expect me to say for a hypothetical scenario?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join