It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Sick and Tired of Anti-Homosexual People.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I know its a cliche topic but I have to get this out...

I am sick and tired of this, I am sick and god awful tired of people who hate/are against homosexuals. Its gotten to the point we're I'll immediately stop talking to a person if they are against them. First lets start out with the people who flat-out hate them. Fred Phelps and his entire bloody group need to be beaten, screw freedom of speech, I'm sick and tired of them. I'm sick and tired of people using their outdated bull**** religion to hate someone.

Over in multiple Muslim countries, homosexuality is punishable by death. This scares me and unnerves me greatly. I have a very close friend who is practically a lesbian, just thinking over there she would be killed makes me sick to my stomach and makes my heart ache.

And then theres the people who do not hate homosexuals, but still disagree with their lifestyles for religious reasons usually. Look, I actually somewhat agree that gay marriage may not be appropriate, simply because marriage is technically defined between a man and a woman, but thats as far as I'll go in that direction. Some people are even against civil unions, why?! Why does it bother you people so much?! They aren't hurting you or effecting you in any way, shape, or form!

Okay, another thing I need to lay on you people...why is it so impossible for people of the same gender to be in love with each other? All sexual attractiveness aside, why is it impossible? I think we can all agree that the love part of a relationship is based on personality not appearance, its not based on lust or sexuality, but actually loving that one person for their erm "soul" or who they are inside. So then, it should not be impossible to fall in love with someone of the same gender; it should not matter at all.

All the people who are against it for religious reasons (primarily Abrahamic religions) need to keep in mind those rules were made in very different times. They are outdated today, along with many other religious beliefs. I forgot the particular reasons why they were made but back then they were practical but nowadays not having those rules won't be detrimental to society. Human population keeps rising having homosexuals won't slow it down.

But mainly, I guess its true that in nature, males and females are supposed to get together, but honestly, if someone is a male and they are attracted to males, or is a female and is attracted to other females, do you really honestly think they can help it? Do you really honestly think they would choose to be homosexuals, when being heterosexuals would make them much more accepted in much of the world? Do you think they would choose to be mocked and hated and scorned by religious groups? NO! They didn't choose to be like that. I don't know why it happens, maybe its genetic, we just don't know. But it shouldn't effect anyone directly!

Now I agree alot of gay people take it to far, shove their sexuality in your face, and have absurd gay pride parades, I'm actually against that (and I know of many gay people who actually are too, it makes them look bad if you think about it). But I yeah, I had to say all this. If your

And before anyone says anything, I am actually a 100% straight male. (Also I think this is the longest thread I ever made on ATS...)

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I have somewhat of a petty reason to hate gays. My biological father was gay and used to beat my mom and cheat on her with other guys. He lied to her about being gay and he married her and had two children with her, just so he could get into the NAVY.

I don't hate gays whatsoever though, and I'm a straight alpha male.

Gay people should be allowed to do whatever they want. It doesn't effect anyone else in the world, and it shouldn't be a problem or an issue at all. Who cares if they get married or have sex? The sex may be disturbing to some people, but the marriage and love are too natural to be disturbing. Why do other people care anyway? It's absolutely none of their business.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by 1Crisis]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
May I ask how you can be 'practically' a lesbian lol, I always had the idea that you where either a lesbian or not

I agree that in this day and age it's sickening that people can be so prejudice - not only homophobia but racism and sexism still reign. The BNP have recently been elected to one of the chairs on my local council and it makes me sick that people are so twisted that they can elect thuggish bigots to make our decisions! If gay people want to get married or have civil partnerships then that’s great, and practical in many ways.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I'm sick and tired of homosexual people. Keep it to yourself. Stop trying to get special treatment. If you want that lifestyle, then go live it. Stop forcing it in front of my kids. This politically correct world has accepted it. Much to it's moral degredation. How do we reproduce, if men are sleeping with men, and women with women. Believe it or not, part of being human is the insurance of a future race by reproduction.
Don't let homosexual thoughts through loneliness turn you into a homosexual. It's not what your doing to yourself, it's what your doing to the rest of us. Forcing us to accept it. Have I forced God on you?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Even in nature animals sometimes act homosexual. So what?

I personally think that people who really gay bash and spread hatred are closeted or they wouldn't be so threatened by the gay people who are out and open.

Gay people being out are not "shoving it down anyone's throat" anymore than my being celibate from choice is shoving it down anyone's throat.

I think it's so incredibly sad that, with all the crap going on in the world, with all the corruption in government, with all the children dying of starvation and disease all over the world, that THIS is what gets American voters going -- preventing gay marriage.

It's stupid, it's judgmental, it's damaging, and it's medieval.

Some of my best friends are gay. My very best friend is a lesbian. She's never tried to hit on me as she knows I'm not interested.

Gay people are PEOPLE. They have as much right to sleep with whomever they choose willingly as straight people do. And anyone who bashes them for it is a barbarian who needs to get a life, and find something to do with their pent up hostility that is more productive, like ending the war in Iraq or helping find funding to fight AIDS in Africa.

There's so much more wrong with the world than who sleeps with whom. Honestly, gay bashers are so immature they remind me of a bunch of freshmen in a high school locker room swatting each other on the ass with wet towels and pretending it's "manly."

Grow up gay haters and get a freaking life.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I will tell you like I tell everyone else. I don't hate them. I have to accept thet they are around because they obviously are. However, to ask me to CONDONE their lifestyle,no, I won't. I don't think that their lifestyle is right and it is my RIGHT to disagree with their lifestyle.

You know, 30 or 40 years ago, this stuff wasn't even an issue. Sure, it went on, but it wasn't thrown in your face like it is today. What ever happened to the good ol' days?

Also, in my opinion, people can do whatever they want with their lives. They can go rob a bank or whatever. However, don't ask me to CONDONE it because I won't. Bottom line is, I don't really care what a person does, but don't throw it in my face.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
There's the problem for me, gay people just want to be accepted as people. They come out of the closet, being honest with themselves and everyone else about who they are, and they're bashed for "throwing it in peoples' faces."

All kinds of stuff that I don't like is thrown in my face daily but I don't go making a federal issue out of it. I can just disagree with it, maybe grouse about it a bit, and move on. I certainly don't go around trying to make a Constitutional amendment banning things I don't agree with.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruthYou know, 30 or 40 years ago, this stuff wasn't even an issue. Sure, it went on, but it wasn't thrown in your face like it is today. What ever happened to the good ol' days?[edit on 24-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

It was never an issue because people never admitted they were gay, if they did, they would be scorned and hated even more than they are today. Hell It was illegal back then if I recall...they would have thrown you in the crazy house.

Like I said, I'm against gay pride parades, I think they are absurd and there are homosexuals who think they are stupid.

Also you seem to ignore my point about it possibly not being a choice, what do you have to say about that?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Also you seem to ignore my point about it possibly not being a choice, what do you have to say about that?

Have you seen the "One Who Questioned Homosexuality" billboards?I believe homosexuality is a choice. Do some people have more of a predilection to be homosexual than others? Maybe. But just because there is a "chemical" that leads you towards a life style does not mean that it isn't possible to overcome it. My dad was an alcoholic. Do I have a predilection to being an alcoholic? Possibly. Am I? Nope. I drink occasionally, but it's not anything on a regular basis. Hell, I haven't had a drink of alcohol in months.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
In the dark we're all black, wait.

Wrong thread.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Have you seen the "One Who Questioned Homosexuality" billboards?I believe homosexuality is a choice. Do some people have more of a predilection to be homosexual than others? Maybe. But just because there is a "chemical" that leads you towards a life style does not mean that it isn't possible to overcome it. My dad was an alcoholic. Do I have a predilection to being an alcoholic? Possibly. Am I? Nope. I drink occasionally, but it's not anything on a regular basis. Hell, I haven't had a drink of alcohol in months.

Well, regardless, if you believe in God, why would God make them homosexual? Make them like that, then expect them to overcome it? Some sick challenge to make their life hell? I sincerely doubt that God, if he exists, would be that sick.

Also that brings me to the point that basically by using your religious beliefs in politics, your forcing them on everyone. Not assuming you do that, but you might.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Well, regardless, if you believe in God, why would God make them homosexual? Make them like that, then expect them to overcome it? Some sick challenge to make their life hell? I sincerely doubt that God, if he exists, would be that sick.

Okay, this is turning into philosophical issue. I love that. You want my true opinion as to the cause of homosexuality?

I personally believe that we are all androgynous spiritually. People who are homosexual are confused, because of the spiritual androgyny, as to whether they like females or males. For females, it's just reverse. I can go into more depth about this if you wish.

As to your question. Lfe is about challenges. Our spirit cannot grow without challenge. So, there is nothing "sick" about God "making them homosexual." It is a test that they chose before they were even born on this earth.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
But thats your opinion, it may not be fact.

Okay you know I could be over-assuming because perhaps you don't put this into your political beliefs, but I just hope you don't put your religious beliefs/opinions into politics and try and force them on people in that way...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Kacen, well, it is a political issue as well. However, I am not going there. Do I think that gays should be allowed to get married? Uh, my understanding is that marriage is the union between a MAN and a WOMAN, not a man and man or a woman and woman. So, no, I don't think gay marriage should be legal.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
How do you feel about civil unions?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

How do you feel about civil unions?

From my understanding, it would essentially amount to the same thing as marriage. Look, honestly, I don't care what these people do with their personal lives. However, when it starts to effect society, as it indeed is, then,yeah, I have a lot to say.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I dont mind gay people, Whatever they do in the privacy of there own homes is no business of mine..if they want to get married,good on them they should have the right

However,
Some of the gay people i know..are complete..and utter idiots ,there those type of people that have a problem with everything and if you even mumble the word gay or lesbian they have a heart attack and call you "prejudice" and turn into a charity case to make people think there being "abused by close minded people" ..Now of course this is not said for all homosexual people,But the few i know and are acquainted to are the ones with the problem

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

However, when it starts to effect society, as it indeed is, then,yeah, I have a lot to say.

How can a homo-sexual civil union possibly adversely affect society?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

How can a homo-sexual civil union possibly adversely affect society?

Firstly, it blurs the lines of what constitutes a marriage . A marriage is not the union of two people of the same sex. Secondly, legalizing gay marriage is the same as CONDONING that lifestyle. That is not something that the majority of Americans are willing to do. Americans, most anyway, are okay with someone living their lives as they wish, but when it comes to condoning a lifestyle that conflicts with a person's interpretation of right and wrong, most Americans draw the line.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It really doesn't matter to me, if people want to be anti-homosexual i could care less. If someone wanted to be anti-heterosexual i could care less either. Let people believe what they want to believe, it doesn't physically harm people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join