It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The myth of successful armed resistance in the US in case of martial law

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotOnMyWatch
To those who think you'll have time to grab your gun and fight against the 'state police' or whoever may be there, think again........

Don't think for a minute that you'll have time or the ability THEN to fight against it. It may already be too late.

well in a case like this(topic) its never to late to fight. you will always have an opportunity to do somthing.

as for the swat teams busting down doors. yes its very hard to react to their tactics(that why they use them). however should the sh*t hit the fan, people should not be surprised if they come through their doors-its guaranteed. and lucky for us they havent the numbers to simultaneously organize "breachings" all over the country at every door.

in your case with your kids you did not have a warning, in case of martial law there will be many warnings.

im not advocating people should fight back if they are not capable. but those that will fight are not going to be deterred by swat.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm just throwing out some wild speculation, but before I do this, allow me to state that -

1) I don't believe in a grand conspiracy to rule the world, such as the NWO.
2) I don't think that most American/European soldiers would feel comfortable firing on or detaining innocent civilians, even if a police state was declared.
3) I am all the way around the world, and thus, not American.

My only points that I really want to make is that all this talk of armed resistance is pretty silly, there is no way that the populace could take on the military succesfully.

The greatest amount of resistance and the people most likely to fight against this would be gang members. Think about it, the average citizen is not disposed to act violently, most people do not have the inclination, the only people I can really think of who would actually fight and die to maintain their freedom and hedonistic lifestyle would be members of gang culture.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

1) I don't believe in a grand conspiracy to rule the world, such as the NWO.

That's because you haven't researched it. Watch the next Alex Jones movie, it will talk about it, who they are, what's their plan, all this from their own mouths.

2) I don't think that most American/European soldiers would feel comfortable firing on or detaining innocent civilians, even if a police state was declared.

Agree. But that's why they'll have foreign troops and mercenaries doing it. Mexicans, africans and NATO soldiers for the US, the place where it's gonna be the harder.

Those who received a military training will be the best fighters.. but we don't have infinite of them.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
NOMW, Your case is one of thousands that happen because of out-of-control police state mentality. An 88 year old Atlanta woman was murdered by the police who were give false or erroneous information by a snitch. Here's the real bad part, the suspect they were trying to arrest had no history of violence or resisting arrest.

I don't know the particulars of your sons' charges for being arrested but it sounds alot like LCCS(Least Competent Criminal Syndrome). If you question any cop, they'll tell you that the smartest criminals never go to prison. Prison is for the stupid ones who get caught or get lazy. The Green River Killer and the BTK are just such examples. Both had crime sprees of 20+years and were caught by their own stupidity.

Instead of serving a warrant, with a polite knock on the door or picking them up on a routine traffic stop like 99.5 of violent criminal arrests, many local police forces want to make it look dramatic to show the sheople what a wonderful job they are doing. The child molester who kidnapped those 2 boys in Missouri who was right underneath the cops noses for 4 years is more realistic of the police's ability to catch smart criminals.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
not to mention that there are those of us who would simply drop off the radar at the first signs of a real police state. think its impossible? think again. i wont go into details but, trust me when i say its easier than you think. i spent a couple years off the radar and i wasnt even trying.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well Damocles, that's why they want CCTV everywhere, ID card with RFID chips, chips under your skin, drone flying over cities... They want to spot every person they want and track it so it become almost impossible to disapear off the radar. But of course we agree that's impossible to track everyone.

That's why they don't take guns now, because the police state is not at full speed, yet. But Damocles, how much people do you know would be able to go off the radar as efficient as you? (perhaps you should make a thread about it in the survival forum so you won't be alone when the crap hit the fan, and you may save lives with it)

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
lol my simple answer to that is that as long as a man/woman knows how to make a fire, build a simple shelter in teh woods and can hunt...they'll be just fine as long as they are willing to live without internet and MTV.

in my early 20's i taught at a YMCA summer camp. i had a survival course and the whole basis of it was to live in the wild with nothint more than a roll of string, a knife and a way to make fire (lighters/matches are easy to keep with you)

its not hard, anyone CAN do it, the real question is how many are WILLING to do it. how many would give up thier computers, tv's and porcelain toilets?

hell a tent, a lighter and a .22 and a couple boxes of ammo and you can live for months in the middle of no where where its easy to defend and live quite comfortably.

its not ability, its willpower. plain and simple.

that of course is the most extreme of circumstances but still.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well, i'm pretty able of that kind of ``disapearing``, I though you were talking about something else... like disapearing in a city... living in a city, but without being detected...
Like how to hide weapons, hide place to make bombs for the resistance... things like that.

The problem is that in the woods, you don't fight the police state, you just avoid it... That's why I started my topic, if people fly to the hills, who will stay to fight the police state and make urban combat against the feds or mercenaries? Without being killed, captured, or identified?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
LOL well, in my first mention of 'dropping off the radar' i was making reference to living in the open so to speak, but id rather not get into that. suffice to say, its just not that hard.

if i start posting in the open how its done, then anyone else could read it,,,includign those that its in our interest to NOT know where we are. get what i mean?

and the first step to surviving against a larger better equipped force IS to avoid it in the begginning. pull back, dig in, observe, plan, equip, then move. small bands of disorganized morons with guns taking to the streets is NOT the way to survive and overcome an occupying force. and the same principles one would use in the wild certainly do work in the 'urban jungle' if you have half a clue.

not to mention, do you think a police state is going to put a garrison in every small town across the country? id say not. thats where you get your logistical bases set up. also, in most midwestern small towns, theres youre supply of weapons, cuz every farmer, hunter, survivalist has a cache and all the ammo you could want. ]

pull back, survive, organize, equip, train, strike.

makes sense to me, but that may just be me.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Yeah I think this is true, and if the government were to plan anything like martial law, they would make sure to soften up the American populations in advance.

Mindchips that paralyze you if you do something they consider "bad."

The mark of the beast will either be in your

Forehead=mindchip
Right Hand=verichip

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
and when they do start the implantation, each of us has a choice to make. because lets face it, everyone does have a choice in any situation. the real question is do you have the intestinal fortitude to live with the consequenses of your choice?

playing "what if" for a moment, becuase i dont really see a matial law police state in my own lifetime; what if they said take the chip or die? well, some would say they had no choice, but you do. live with the chip or die for your principles. not an easy choice to be sure, but a choice none the less.

besides...unless they plant it INSIDE your skull...a sharp knife and something to bite down on and you could remove the chip lol.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
They will claim it gives them mind fingers and is once step in evolution of mankind. And anyone who doesn't have one is obsolete.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If you believe there are powers capable of bringing the NWO into power, why would you have any faith in elections? Obviously if there are groups this powerful, elections are meaningless and already controlled.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrBones666

Google "Combat Arms Survey". I know one of the SEALs that took it.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
But of course we agree that's impossible to track everyone.

Everyone is already trackable. Why do you think they passed laws requiring cellphone manufacturers for include gps capability. Yeh, for our enhanced safety, right, lol...

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

If you believe there are powers capable of bringing the NWO into power, why would you have any faith in elections? Obviously if there are groups this powerful, elections are meaningless and already controlled.

I don't have faith in elections, aside from Ron Paul, the real candidate since JFK. But even if Bush is impeached, Cheney will become the president. If he's impeached too, Hilary Clinton, Obama, Gingrich, McCain, or any other puppet will take the white house and continue the crap.

Everyone is already trackable. Why do you think they passed laws requiring cellphone manufacturers for include gps capability. Yeh, for our enhanced safety, right, lol...

I know, but if you don't have a cellphone, like me, or no human chip, like me, you can escape the system, but not for eternity.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yeh well you and I don't constitute the mindset of the masses.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'd rather be obsolete than a slave to the matrix.

The great war between the libertarians and the globalist plutocracy is coming. It's not going to be between nations but between the corporate controlled govt's and the people its seeks to control and dominate. Forget the obsolete economic model of feudal slavery, corporate economics are far more sinister. A feudal master/lord was responsible for the safety and welfare of his subjects, ever here of a corporation that really looked out for its employees?

I believe that many of the current plagues were engineered by the globalists and that they will use a plague virus to reduce the population of most of the developing world and the middle and lower class. They'll use special limited duration vaccines to control who's ever survived from the plague. Why nuke someone when you can kill them cruelly and cleanly with a virus?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by crgintx
I'd rather be obsolete than a slave to the matrix.

id agree, and i think thats what separated guys like us from everyone else. we'd choose death over slavery or even before we would sacrifice our real ideals in life.

and theres enough of us that i believe is the reason why we'll never see an outright overt police state or even a single ruler in this country. theres just to many of us and i dont care what kind of cool weapons a govt has, you cant stop a group willing to die.

why do you think the soviets never took afghanistan? why do you think that even the secret service will tell you that theres no way to totally protect a person if the person that wants him/her dead is willing to die to carry out their objectives?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The problem is that I don't know the extent of the people's awareness on the subject and if they see the real problem. Because ATS, like other website, is like the elite of the open-minded of the world.

I was listening to the Alex Jones Show this evening and Alex was describing how a martial law thing would work. Someone asked what was the sign to run to the hills. Then he said that you wouldn't have time to run to the hills, the cities and roads (toll roads of the NAU), would be closed, and those who try to run to the hills (to regroup, or to get weapons, ect..) would be shot. Then when all the police will be killed, and the national guards, they will bring foreign troops, and they won't be gentle like the US army or the US national guards were.

Damocles, what will you do if they close every road with the army, then at night, they storm house by house to get the guns? The medias don't talk about army taking guns, just the aftermath of the terrorist attack. During the day, the army is patrolling, checking identities, new orleans present stuff. Will you really go in the street and fight alone if whole neighboors start fighting? You may say yes, but think about it if it would happen tomorrow, and the consequences if you act alone, and now... Wouldn't you wait for the good moment, when everyone is fighting it?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join