It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The myth of successful armed resistance in the US in case of martial law

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Don't bother shooter, they are only interested in propaganda and American bashing.

The link that was posted about the survey.. you forgot to mention that roughly 74% said no. The ones that said yes I would guess some did not take it seriously, where goofing around or thought that would look better. Also you forgot to mention this was not issued by the Federal government, but instead as apart of a school project. God. Do you guys think every one is that dense not to see through your pathetic propaganda attempts.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PHARAOH1133
They thought of times when they lived in England and were under the tyranical Dictatorship of the King and were not allowed to bear arms, here in America the Second Amendment was written so that when the government becomes corrupt, the people can rise up to take it back over and put it back on the right track.

Very True. That's why we've got the 2nd, and that's why it will not go away.

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Well, it's already destroyed... under the Defense Authorization Act of 2007.

Show me where it destroys Pose Comitatus in H.R. 5122.

More attacks on the first amendment the bill S1, section 200, it's already in the senate... would criminalize any critic of the congress on internet, TV or radio, when you have more than 500 listeners...

Did you read that yourself in the actual bill? If you would do so, you'll see that S. 1 simply applies to those taking contributions, not the general populous. That is an attempt to rid the government of corruption (as Cheney would be a great example of this one).

Originally posted by Jimmy1880
I dont agree the UK are part of the NWO

I believe it actually started there. The masons that broke free of the King of England to start America, left from that idealism across the pond.

Originally posted by pai mei
www.freerepublic.com...

"46. The U.S. government declares a ban on the possession, sale, transportation, and transfer of all non-approved firearms. A 30-day amnesty period is established for these firearms to be turned over to the local authorities. At the end of this period, a number of irregular citizen groups and defiant individuals refuse to turn over their firearms to authority.

Consider the following statement:

"I would fire upon U.S. citizens who refuse or resist confiscation of firearms banned by the United States government."

That was just a survey to the military branches, it wasn't an order. I'm sure you are aware of that, but for those that won't follow the links and read, there ya go.

Originally posted by shooterbrody
I will stand and fight.
This is not nazi germany yet.
This is not france where people surrender in record time.
Many more will stand and fight with me.

I'm with you.

Originally posted by Rockpuck
The link that was posted about the survey.. you forgot to mention that roughly 74% said no. The ones that said yes I would guess some did not take it seriously, where goofing around or thought that would look better. Also you forgot to mention this was not issued by the Federal government, but instead as apart of a school project. God. Do you guys think every one is that dense not to see through your pathetic propaganda attempts.

Thank you for checking into the information provided before spouting off, as some people have already done.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Show me where it destroys Pose Comitatus in H.R. 5122.

Well, it's section 1076. Here's an article detailling it.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Thank you for the link.

Aside from the article, read the bill here....

frwebgate.access.gpo.gov...:h5122enr.txt.pdf

Section 1076, that actually grants Bush the ability to override pose comitatus is on page 322.

SEC. 1076. USE OF THE ARMED FORCES IN MAJOR PUBLIC EMERGENCIES.
(a) USE OF THE ARMED FORCES AUTHORIZED.—
(1) IN GENERAL.—Section 333 of title 10, United States
Code, is amended to read as follows:
‘‘§ 333. Major public emergencies; interference with State and
Federal law
‘‘(a) USE OF ARMED FORCES IN MAJOR PUBLIC EMERGENCIES.—
(1) The President may employ the armed forces, including the
National Guard in Federal service, to—
‘‘(A) restore public order and enforce the laws of the United
States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or
other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or
incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the
United States, the President determines that—
‘‘(i) domestic violence has occurred to such an extent
that the constituted authorities of the State or possession
are incapable of maintaining public order; and
‘‘(ii) such violence results in a condition described in
paragraph (2); or
‘‘(B) suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic
violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such insurrection,
violation, combination, or conspiracy results in a condition
described in paragraph (2).
‘‘(2) A condition described in this paragraph is a condition
that—
‘‘(A) so hinders the execution of the laws of a State or
possession, as applicable, and of the United States within that
State or possession, that any part or class of its people is
deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named
in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted
authorities of that State or possession are unable, fail, or refuse
to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that
protection; or
H. R. 5122—323
‘‘(B) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the
United States or impedes the course of justice under those
laws.
‘‘(3) In any situation covered by paragraph (1)(B), the State
shall be considered to have denied the equal protection of the
laws secured by the Constitution.
‘‘(b) NOTICE TO CONGRESS.—The President shall notify Congress
of the determination to exercise the authority in subsection (a)(1)(A)
as soon as practicable after the determination and every 14 days
thereafter during the duration of the exercise of that authority.’’.
(2) PROCLAMATION TO DISPERSE.—Section 334 of such title
is amended by inserting ‘‘or those obstructing the enforcement
of the laws’’ after ‘‘insurgents’’.
(3) HEADING AMENDMENT.—The heading of chapter 15 of
such title is amended to read as follows:
source

Every American citizen that endears their personal freedoms should write to congress and demand this section be repealed. Since I'm the 1st to say it here, a little disclaimer.

*I, Infoholic, hereby declare to Congress under the provisions set forth in S. 1, that I have not, nor will not receive and monetary donations from the general populous, nor any political affiliate, to endorse the aforementioned statement.*

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
well, i suppose it would be rude to let comments and questions directed to me specifically go unheeded.

@marge,
i KNOW its a conspiracy topic, and you are correct that maybe i was out of line calling the idea crap, but at THAT time, when i read it it just so reminded me of someone doing 'well what if ?" and kept doing that until he finallyi got to 'well what if they threaten to nuke a city?'

i mean cmon, in ANYONES deepest MOST paranoid ideas, does ANYONE honestly believe that the us govt in ANY form, would actually nuke a us city?

until that point, while this is a conspiracy thread i had actually been enjoying a great intellectual debate. i actually put some real thought into my posts because its easy for someone to just type you "yeah id fight" but to really MEAN it you have to be sure. and i am sure i would and went to great lengths in some cases to articulate that, so a question like the nuke one seemed to me to be nothing short of mocking me and others who feel as i do.

so im sorry if i stepped on your toes so to speak but i do feel it is fair for me to call a statement crap if i feel its insulting on some level.

@ vit,
based on your follow up to taht post, i stand by my statements but i now am better able to see why you posted it. so a more polite answer would be that not even in my own darkest delusions do i bleieve that they would threaten a nuclear strike on US soil for any reason. nuke canada maybe

peaceful revolution? hey im ALL for that. remember im a pacifist at heart.

as far as needing food, thats why not everyone who joins a revolution would be tasked with strikes. you need logistics just like the military does. you get people out there bartering, hunting, gardening, stealing if needs be. you have people doing like you say and recruiting people on the inside that still have the abilty to travel freely. ideally some of those people that can travel are transit people with trucks that can make the occasional stop for 'rest' and things happen to 'fall off' their trucks.

i dont know what some of you envision of a revolution, but its more than a mob in teh streets with guns.

oh and marge, one last thing. chronological age has little to do with me referring to everyone as a kid
take it as the compliment it was intended to be.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles

so im sorry if i stepped on your toes so to speak but i do feel it is fair for me to call a statement crap if i feel its insulting on some level.

Don't worry I should not have quote you, I know sometimes is hard to understand some of the conspiracies and to made them fit in our understanding of the ways thing work or should work.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
How many brave soilders have given their lives so we can do what we are doing now, by writing these posts, our guys are dying over there in Iraq right now for the OIL, this is what they are after.
Do you know what it is like to live in the Soviet Union, we should ask someone who has come to America from the USSR and who speaks english to give us their stories of what it is like and how they felt living under tyranny, and how they feel that there is a possiblity that now the USA will be the same as the USSR.

Will this land become the North American Union?

Gorby (Ex-Premier of the USSR) is all set up to take over, his operation headquarters is located at the Closed U.S. Army base right under the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, California.

Do you not think this is strange?
What purpose does it serve?

[edit on 17-1-2007 by PHARAOH1133]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PHARAOH1133
How many brave soilders have given their lives so we can do what we are doing now...

Furthermore, how many soldiers lost their lives to form this nation that is based on the fundamentals that we are all afforded certain rights and liberties, that cannot and should not be taken away?

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
We have 350 million people here in the USA, plus the Military would not fire on there own people so I believe they would import troops from other countries like china to do it.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There would be uproar from other countries if the US government started oppressing and killing their own citizens. Ok so you say that European governments are all in on the NWO, even if that turns out to be true the public wouldn't support it at all. And if European governments responded by threatening the same oppression, well the public would have learned a lesson from what would have happened in America. I don't know what the chances are of things actually going that far though.

"What? The land of the free? Whoever told you that is your enemy..." - Rage Against The Machine

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
1/3 of the US Military to convert to robotics by 2015
Also, have you ever considered cloned and genetically modified soldiers? Have an open-mind. Let's say the military is as advanced as some people say. Wouldn't cloning be a reality by now? Wouldn't cloned soldiers exists?

Also, do others government go in China to stop the police state and killing of civilians? No because of China's army. So why would European leaders, bought by corporations and part of NWO, come to stop their allies doing what they planned to do to their own populations? And even if the European would be against it, would they wage war against the US for a few thousands americans dead? I don't think so. Where was the US when Mao and Stalin killed over 150 millions people?

Globalists want to reduce the world population by 90%, so they don't care. And they say they are doing it for the sake of humanity. Yeah, right.

We have 350 million people here in the USA, plus the Military would not fire on there own people so I believe they would import troops from other countries like china to do it.

Why the americans would be differents as chineses, russians, germans, mexicans? All those people and others in history all shooted against their own people for various reasons. But unless NATO or chineses soldiers come on US soil, I don't think it will happen in the next years because the democrat/republican theocracy don't have their SS force, unless they take private soldiers and mexicans as their SS...

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

why would European leaders, bought by corporations and part of NWO, come to stop their allies doing what they planned to do to their own populations?

That's assuming that the NWO truly exists and all of the countries and UN would go along with America's plans. It's still just a conspiracy, you can't use the NWO as basis for fact.

And even if the European would be against it, would they wage war against the US for a few thousands americans dead?

Maybe they wouldn't start a war with the US but I doubt they'd join in the killing. And they would realise that something was going a bit wrong with the US and it's ideals.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

That's assuming that the NWO truly exists and all of the countries and UN would go along with America's plans. It's still just a conspiracy, you can't use the NWO as basis for fact.

Well i'm pretty sure the NWO exists. The globalists exists and this is a proven fact. The globalists want to merge the world... so NWO. And the reduction of population by 90% surely isn't shared by everyone in the globalist agenda, but the big players I would think yes. Why? Because as ``almost`` everyone is saying that overpopulation will bring the end of humanity, they think that getting rid of 90% of the population will save humanity and mother earth. For the ``good cause``.

Maybe they wouldn't start a war with the US but I doubt they'd join in the killing. And they would realise that something was going a bit wrong with the US and it's ideals.

Join in the killings? Let's say NATO soldiers come in the US to impose their power... The NATO soldiers just have to give them to ``special units`` who will put them in FEMA camps, then they work or get killed.

The fact are that it already happenned in history, so why not again? History repeat itself all the time. The soviet and chineses did that. The italian went along the killing of jews in Germany during WW2... humans are capable of the most beautiful and the most despicable...

I don't say it will happen, I say it's possible because it happenned before.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Anything is "possible" V.

It has happened before just not in the U.S. The other places it happened did not have the second ammendment.

I believe the right to keep and bear arms is the only reason the U.S. has remained "free" as long as it has.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by shooterbrody
I believe the right to keep and bear arms is the only reason the U.S. has remained "free" as long as it has.

You are right, shooterbrody. As long as we've got the 2nd Amendment, they can't forcibly take away everything.

Read my post here: www.abovetopsecret.com... it's about the North American Union and the already proposed New States Constitution, of which would take away our right to bear arms.

It's a sad sad state that we live in today.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The 2 amendment will be hard to keep. Here's an article from Paul Craig Roberts, former assistant secretary of the treasury in the Reagan administration, saying that the SWAT teams in the US makes 40.000 raids a year in the US, 110 a day against non-threatening people. Also, the troops in Iraq are trained to take guns in homes 10s times a day...

The SWAT teams have military equipment, bazookas, heavy machines guns, chemicals sprays and some of them have tanks.

What will you do if in the middle of the night 25 SWATs run into your house? You won't have time to defend yourself unless you sleep with your gun.

And under the NAU constitution, weapons will be prohibited, no second amendment. At first, they'll call for willfully giving the guns, then a lot will keep them and then they will take them by forces at night.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The SWAT teams have military equipment, bazookas, heavy machines guns, chemicals sprays and some of them have tanks.

uhhhhhhhhhh.....really? not trying to be an ass...but i think you watch too much television. the "tanks" are in fact armored, but the biggest weapon on them is the ram for knocking down doors real fast.

but honestly...i have worked with SWAT team members in my last military job...they do have automatic weapons sure, but not M60's or SAW's defintaly NOT bazookas, chemical sprays are nothing more than CS gas which is pretty harmless unless you are lucky like me and have a CS grenade popped 2 feet from your face.

i respect your opinions but if you are going to share them and present them as informed, please try to be realistically informed.

just my .02

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Damocles, I'm just stating what Paul Craig Roberts was saying in his article. Nothing more, I'm sure you have much more knowledge in this area than me.

Here's his article The Empire Turns Its Guns on the Citizenry

[edit on 25-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I few years ago I was at a public shooting range when the local SWAT snipers were practicing. It was a high power range but the targets they were shooting at were only 100 yards away. I was curious, so I asked why they were shooting as only 100 yards? They told me they never shot at any distance further than that. I asked them what would happen if they were facing someone who was capable of shooting accurately at much further distances and they just shrugged their shoulders. I then demonstrated for them that I could keep all 10 rounds of my SKS with iron sights in the vital region at 200 yards. I said that this was by no means a hard feat especial when some of the other high power shooters could do the same at 600 yards with milsurp bolt actions. I asked if any of these snipers had any military sniper training, they all said no. These snipers were from a large urban police force. I told them they were in a heap of trouble if they ever faced a well trained ex infantry rifleman much less a group of them. These SWAT personnel were a bunch spray and pray types and would last 5 minutes against trained military personnel. A disciplined and well trained shooter could devastate a SWAT team in under a minute especially if the shooter sets up the ambush.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
To those who think you'll have time to grab your gun and fight against the 'state police' or whoever may be there, think again. Thanks to two of my dahling sons who got themselves into some major trouble a few years back, I've actually experienced the heart-stopping moment when SWAT came crashing thru my front and back door, I was sitting right there at my computer by the front window and never saw em coming. The guys and some friends were sitting there watching a movie and we heard a loud BANG! and only had time to think WTF?????? That's like what, 2-3 seconds? And the front door, back door crashed in, and what seemed like 300 SWAT members running in at us from both directions, with their AK47s or whatever they had pointed right at each of our heads, yelling "hit the floor and freeze!!!!" Trust me, it took a bit of time for me to even register in my head what was going on, then a bit more to realize, "oh duh, they mean ME too!" There wasn't actually 300 of them, but when they bust thru the door like that, so fast you can't even blink before a gun is held to your head, the last thing in the world I'd be thinking of is grabbing my own gun and saying 'how DARE you??' and fight them back. Nope! There's no time to even think, that's how fast they are. Scared our poor lil cat so bad he pooed right in the middle of the kitchen where he was standing. lol.. It wasn't funny then, but looking back... And for those of you who are parents of teens, trust me, it's very verrrrrrry true that teens gotta watch who they hang out with. Two of my sons learned the hard way, they didn't listen to me, but sure wished they had.

And when/if the actual NWO takeover goes down, I imagine it will go down something like that, in the blink of an eye. There won't be some nice MIB knocking at the door, politely asking if this is a good time to drop by.

That's why I believe it's sooooooooo very important to do what we can do now, while 'the powers that be' are sneakily trying to set everything into place, right before the blind eyes of America, right under our noses. Don't be blind! Look around you at what's really going on in the world. If something seems 'strange' and/or different to you, then investigate it yourself! Ask questions until you understand what it is! NWO is coming, don't be in denial of that. The 'powers that be' are doing things bit by bit now. They are introducing things to America little by little, so we'll get "comfy" with it, I suppose. For example, think of how comfy most people are now to get their pets 'chipped'. When that came out I thought, "uh hmmmmm... how long will it be before they try doing that to people?" And looky here what do we have now? The VeriChip! And the Freemasons offering these 'free home kits' in nearly every state for parents to ID their kids, which offers the chip "free of charge". Isn't that special? It may be voluntary now.... Until America is comfy with it, then I betcha it will be mandatory. Another thing in the works that is also 'seemingly' so innocent, (hah! yeah right!) is the National ID Card. Betcha it starts out voluntary.. then when we get comfy with it.. Mandatory.

I believe that bit by bit, our rights are going to be taken from us, at first seemingly innocent. And looking at each of these things going on may not seem so bad to some, but when we open our eyes and look at it as a whole, that's when it makes better sense what is really happening. For those in this thread who've spoken about the 2nd amendment or "our rights to bear arms", etc... do you not understand yet that the constitution will be 'null and void' when/if martial law goes into effect? All it's gonna take is for one major crisis somewhere to happen, or to be 'created' by the powers that be.......and then boom! Bush declares martial law, and everything else falls into place. Don't think for a minute that you'll have time or the ability THEN to fight against it. It may already be too late.

[edit on 1/26/2007 by NotOnMyWatch]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join