It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The myth of successful armed resistance in the US in case of martial law

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm thankful there are many bright minds at the top of the U.S. Military command that have a clue and have already discussed contingency plans should this ever occur.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
remember what i posted a while back about how it would need to be organized and wouldnt be won by morons running around shooting anything that moves?

for those of us who would survive and fight, even if they take every privatly owned firearm...theres ways to get more.

i mean, we can "what if" this to death. for any scenario you throw at me ill throw a contingency back..whats it prove? that we're both imaginative.

but the fact that there are guys who do think like me would turn into a thorn in the side of whoever was trying to take over this country. im not the only one, or probably even the best and brightest among us. and does knowing i may not succede or even die change the fact i would stand? not in the least. hardly makes me any different than 1000's who went before me.

but if youre the leader of this country trying to establish himself as the supreme ruler..do you really WANT foreign troops fighting your battle? what happens if they decide not to leave? think about that one.

all i can say is that i dont think it will happen. if it does, ill see you in valhalla.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The one great (and erroneous) assumption being made here is that American troops and law enforcement officials will blindly obey Executive orders to subdue and even execute American citizens. I don't see it happening. I believe that those who have sworn to serve and protect are still quite passionate about their foremost duty — well, I don't just believe it, I know it.

Beyond this, I'm guessing that, for the million or so active duty American military personnel, there are 10 or 20 times that many former military personnel living as civilians among us. Honorably discharged, retired, etc. Still quite able-bodied, still passionate about their roles in defending their country and its people. And probably, for the most part, owning firearms. So, right in our midst we have millions of trained individuals who can pull together a fairly solid resistance. Throw into that mix some 290 million firearms legally owned by about 85 million Americans, and you have a force that is better-armed than virtually any nation on Earth... including the U.S. military.

I mean, even if they are cross-eyed morons, 85 million people (or even half that many) all shooting in roughly the same direction could wipe out the standing armies of Europe and Asia combined. A multi-million-man, armed civillian resistance could only be defeated through the use of unconventional weapons (WMD, as it were). And when we get to that point, when our own government is willing to nuke its own citizens, then the jig is up anyway and it's a good day to die.

But here's another angle... When you shut down communications, roadways and so forth, you're also shutting down the civilian engine of the nation. Who's going to refine the oil, run the power plants, process the food, manufacture the medicines and weapons and ammunition and vehicles to keep our turncoat military machine running? Who's going to feed the world? What do you think they're going to do, bring in 150 million scabs to up-train and assume the specialized roles of American workers? That'll take time. Years, in fact — more than enough time to mount an effective insurgency.

Or perhaps the sinister NWO will enslave the American people themselves and force them to serve? No way. I know I'm not alone when I say, "Take this job and shove it, Adolf" (or Hillary, as the case may be).

See, when you strangle the American people, you kill half the friggin' world, and America ceases to have any value. When you kill the goose that lays the golden eggs, all you have is a dead goose. So what's the purpose of subjugating the American people in the first place?

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/30/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy1880

Was I the only one to see the local populations response to Hurricane Katrina! I didn't see the cohesion of your fellow man there!!! No what I saw was every man, woman and child for himself. That or lets just stay here and wait, the government will save the day!

You are talking about a TINY fraction of the population of New Orleans/Louisiana. Thousands, perhaps tens of thousands at most. There were HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS who used their intelligence and left the area when advised to do so by federal, state, and local authorities. We can only guess as to why this small number of people decided to stay against all common sense and against the instructions of authorities.

What about 9/11 the local population were simply just gobsmacked, they were panicking!

I was in NYC during these attacks and I must not have been paying attention, because I saw an extremely small number of people that were panicking. What I did see was an orderly evacuation of millions of people from the effected area and thousands of volunteers coming out to help those affected.

In every case of emergency in recent times people have purley relied on the Authorities and in the case of the Authorities not being able to cope or not turning up the population turns to looting, raping and murdering.

EVERY case? All I can think of is Katrina (note my above comments) and before that... the Rodney King verdict riots in LA in the 1990's. Please refresh my memory of EVERY emergency in recent times where there was looting, raping, and murdering.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by craig732]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
've spent very little time on the blogs. Have to pitch into the comments I read this morn., as i think I have learned something during my last 35 years of researching.
What I scanned from Vitchilo I agreed with. Others, sorry, but if you trust your gov't., you're in for a big, unpleasant surprise.

Let me dive rite in:
ON TORTURE Supposedly there is a big controversy on whether we, a civilized country, should allow torturing the enemy to gain crucial info. Does everyone forget we have already set a precdent that proves we have chosen torture as a tool? Can anyone deny that the children gassed and burned to death at Waco were tortured, not to mention the bright lights and deafening noises all nite long designed to wear the captors down so they couldn't think or act straight?

ON 29 PALMS SURVEY Lt Cunningham may have been used, it doesn't matter. The survey revealed that military men would fire on fellow citizens if ordered to. Perhaps it won't be our military that wll go door to door confiscating weapons. Perhaps it will be the other foreigners we have here now or will import (Gurkas, Germans, Chinese, Mexicans, S. American immigrants -- the list goes on & on.)
OK, so if someone threatens you, you will retaliate; you'll shoot them or they will kill you. You figure you will die honorably. The guys at the top are not
touched, their agenda goes on, the world becomes one big slave state so what have you really accomplished. A more rational idea is to do what you
can now, educating anyone who will listen. There is power in numbers.

North American Union If anything should clue us in as to how far down the tubes we are, it should be this NWO scheme! It is the equivalent of the European Union, for crying out loud! THEY tell it is, in their promotions of it!
Twenty working groups have been, ah, devising, ah, let's say, how the three countries will be merged. As we write, this is all being hashed out, to be put into place by 2010. Note, not proposed in 2010 but to be implemented by that year. So much for trusting Congress, who have been complicit and indeed, directly involved with the NAU and it's subsequent highway system.
Yes, it goes hand in hand with the Texas Super Highway that is being put in place. Nice to know we'll have a "port" in Kansas City which will check the imports that come out of Mexico, isn't it? Sovereignty? What sovereignty?

Law Enforcement With all the so-called security groups (such as Blackwater) that exist in this country, haven't we effectively been taken over? Look who legally has guns now: US Forest Service, Border Patrol, National Park Service, etc., and now the "security" forces? If you add in the State Patrol, sheriffs, marshals and military (remember, martial law was in force in Waco & Katrina?) then that is a mighty array of weaponry against us, the unorganized, undeputized citizen. It's evident as to who is the enemy of the state in the US. It is the ones who are hassled at the airports, who are ordered to number ALL their animals (National Animal Identification System)
who have cameras trained on them everywhere they go, who are told they must have a passport to travel and an ID retinal, fingerprint card (later to be the inserted chip). We also must be the enemy as they permit the release ofsex abusers to attack, molest & murder our children.

Yup, trust your government. They're going to take care of yu from cradle to grave................

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Take a medium town for example 9 square miles with 20 four man teams patrolling 0.5 square mile sectors in the town anybody seen walking the streets after 6pm will be shot on sight...

In your scenario, it would take a minimum of 60 soldiers working 8-hour shifts 7 days a week to patrol this TINY (3 miles by 3 miles is not medium sized) 9 square mile town.

Add to that officers, clerks, logistics, cooks, motor pool, supply, and all the other support staff for this 60-man team. Lets say they could have this particular team operate with 80 men (very conservative estimate). That does not include replacements for these guys getting sick or injured or having vacation time.

Do you realize the sheer quantity of manpower it would take to enforce this throughout the entire United States?

The United States armed forces has technological superiority in Iraq. There are probably more soldiers in Iraq than insurgents. The insurgency in Iraq is still pretty strong though. In my opinion imposing martial law on the entire United States is a logistical impossibility.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Oh dear I do seem to be treading on a few nerves here, sorry I cant resist!

This is how your fellow man reacts after a serious natural disaster

Quote:
in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, looting, violence, and other criminal activity became serious problems. With most of the attention of the authorities focused on rescue efforts, the security in New Orleans degraded quickly. By August 30, looting had spread throughout the city, often in broad daylight and in the presence of police officers. "The looting is out of control. The French Quarter has been attacked," City Councilwoman Jackie Clarkson said. "We're using exhausted, scarce police to control looting when they should be used for search and rescue while we still have people on rooftops."
ncapacitated by the breakdown of transportation and communication, as well as overwhelmed in terms of numbers, police officers could do little to stop crime, and shopkeepers who remained behind were left to defend their property alone. Looters included gangs of armed gunmen, and gunfire was heard in parts of the city. Along with violent, armed robbery of non-essential valuable goods, many incidents were of residents simply gathering food, water and other essential commodities from unstaffed grocery stores. There were also reports of looting by some police officers. There was also significant looting reported continually in areas of the city with few, if any permanent residents, such as the Lakeview, Gentilly, and the Midcity regions.

"Sniper fire" was also reported throughout the city, targeted at rescue helicopters, relief workers, and police officers. One of the possibilities of the sniper fire was possibly resistance to relocation or evacuation.

One report of violence involved police shooting six people on the Danziger Bridge, which carries the Chef Menteur Highway across the industrial canal, who were reportedly attacking contractors of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers involved in the 17th Street Canal repair.

Looting and violence was also hampering efforts to evacuate the Tulane University medical center, as well. Looters in boats with guns had attempted to break into the hospital but were repelled by hospital staff. "If we don't have the federal presence in New Orleans tonight at dark, it will no longer be safe to be there, hospital or no hospital," Acadian Ambulance Services C.E.O. Richard Zuschlag told CNN. Several news sources reported instances of fighting, theft, rape, and even murder in the Superdome and other refuge centers.

Additional acts of unrest occurred following the storm, particularly with the New Orleans Police Department. In the aftermath, a tourist asked a police officer for assistance, and got the response, "Go to hell, it's every man for himself." Also, many New Orleans police officers deserted the city in the days before the storm, many of them escaping in their department-owned patrol cars. This added to the chaos by stretching law enforcement thin. Additionally, there were confirmed cases of police officers stealing vehicles from the Sewell Cadillac car dealership, further adding to the confusion. Several NOPD officers were arrested weeks after Katrina in stolen vehicles"

Source: Wikipedia

Sure must make ya proud

SEE THE TRUTH NOT THE FAIRYTALE

ATTENTION MODS: Sorry for the long quote but I feel it is necessary as all of it points out my comments:

Jimmy, your own post here just refuted your whole argument.

You point out that the small number of people who stayed behind after the vast majority evacuated were able to fight off the government officials, resist authority, hamper military and law enforecement efforts, etc. You even point out that the law enforcement officials themselves took to the streets looting and such.

Imagine the government trying to impose martial law and keep order in that area with 50 times the number of civilians!

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
And I forgot to add that the government will probably blow up a dirty bomb in a few cities, or a nuke, or a biological weapon. It will not be like 9/11 in New York, it will be much more ``scarrier``.

Then when the country is in anarchy, the government may wait a few weeks before doing something, so people can get hungry, then need to survive the government, not everyone, but the most part. What will they do when the store are destroyed and empty? Remember that the US import more food that they produce... so if there's anarchy, you'll run out of food in a matter of days, maybe weeks, depends on anarchy.

They'll wait. When someone is hungry, he'll want military in the streets in exchange for food and ``order``.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

More attacks on the first amendment the bill S1, section 200, it's already in the senate... would criminalize any critic of the congress on internet, TV or radio, when you have more than 500 listeners...

[edit on 17-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

This is 100% false.

Look up and read the bill.

The bill effects paid lobbyists and specifically excludes "grassroots" lobbyists.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I know now, anyway, it didn't pass the congress, the section 200 was wiped out. But it's sure that they will try even more to supress free speech, just listen to what Newt Gingrich and his croonies are always saying... the next terrorist attack will suspend the constitution... ect...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
For those of you who believe that Resistance Is Futile, wake up and smell the coffee.

Google American Restistance and American Underground. These are just the groups that are out in the open.

Think Alex Jones is some lone nut from Texas, he's the voice of at least one percent of US population who see the insidious nature of the enemy we are opposing. That's 3 million people. Many other people are keeping quiet, listening and watching. They know where every surveillance camera and cell tower is at. They are from all walks of life, including the police and military.
The NWO believes that somehow through technology that they can control mankind. When the time is right, watch what will happen to their communications infrastructure. The blind elephant will be taken down by several million ants.

Heinlein's Fifth Column is alive and well. Long live the Rebel Alliance.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This whole thread was not to say that resistance is futile, but that resistance is war, and resistance is sad and very hard for the average people, because people don't like war. My point was to say that we must defeat them BEFORE this whole thing starts, by informing, and just hours before or after this whole thing kick off, by use of force if necessary, after all, we have the right to revolution when it's out of hand like now.

Anyway, I would like to bring the FACT that the army will be composed of foreigners, now 20% in Iraq are foreigners, and that they will increase this percentage in the coming years so people won't care about killing US protestors for US citizenship or money.

Another FACT, is that a lot of the military toys will be robotise in the next years, and everything, like dumping nerve gas on a certain area, could be made by a few extremists in a bunker programming planes by remote control.

So with foreign troops in main areas, and some other troops programming and remote bombing resistance, they could impose their martial law. The whole thing of military turning against their leaders wouldn't be there.

Another thing, how many people who have guns will REALLY be efficient in a battle, and will fight? With the trend we see now, people accept this whole police state crap, believe the war on terror propaganda, love the government... Those will fight for the government and go into the army. So for each american soldier who rebel, they'll replace it with a brainwashed one, or with a foreigner...

Just saying. Long live the resistance against the fascists.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
What if the people doing the confiscating and detaining are not U.S. employees but foreign or U.N. troops? What then? Will they care about the U.S. constitution or be happy to help destroy it?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
I'm personaly unsure if the Military will agree fighting against the people in the US itself

Think about WHY Bush is demanding sending more and more of our troops overseas... He is keeping our military 'busy' elsewhere, away from the US, because he knows our military would not fight against our own people at home. Instead of our military, there are foreign troops already in place in some areas, and more will be brought in. Foreign troops that will have NO problem fighting against the people in the US, who will have NO problem at all with invading our homes and taking us prisoner to the camps, who will have NO problem at all following orders to put some Americans to death, and others to work in the slave camps that are already IN place and ready....

Our military won't even BE here to protect any of us, they'll be kept 'busy' overseas. Those who do return home will likely be those who are wounded, and those who have died.

NOMW

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic

It is your 2nd Amendment Right, the right to keep and bear arms, that keeps America from heading straight down the crapper. The fact that the government knows, 10 million (or less) Americans will bear arms against them, is the only thing that prevents Martial Law from being declared in America right now. The 2nd Amendment Right to bear arms is the only thing that prevents the USA from being declared under the New World Order.

That's true, we do have the 2nd Amendment as you say, and I agree that's what one would THINK will happen, that we will always be protected by that, by the Constitution, by the rights we've had this whole time.

HOWEVER......

Have you been watching Bush lately? He doesn't give a rat's patooty about the Constitution, about our Constitutional rights, about any of the Amendments. He seems to have a focus on doing what he wants to do, when he wants to do it, and how he wants to do it. He is ignoring Congress, he's lied to them and American about the "war" in Iraq, he is at this moment impeachable on at least 10 offenses. When the time comes for martial law to go into effect, whatever is left of the Constitution will be tossed out the window, we won't have any 2nd Amendment or anything else to protect our rights.

NOMW

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
the government to this day has not remotely attempted to take over this nation, from it's rightful owners... the Constitutionally protected American Citizens.

Not to be nit-picky or anything, just want to remind you that this nation's 'rightful owners' are Native Americans. And look what was done to them........

NOMW

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotOnMyWatch
Instead of our military, there are foreign troops already in place in some areas, and more will be brought in.

Are you refering to foriegn troops stationed here in the United States? If so please state where they are and your source.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
And maybe some southern States. Were if anybody kicked my door in they are more than likely going back out that door with buckshot in the corn hole.

Plus there are people, lets call them Appalacian's.. who would die to the man to prevent such a thing from happening.

There are people in the United States of America that are far crazier than I that would fight to the death.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
not to be nit picky or anything......

native americans had nothing remotely resembling the concept of property ownership

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It seems to this observer that the "plan" for a takeover doesn't require any sort of massive armed confrontation with rebellious citizens at all.
A slow encroachment, taking individual freedoms and rights away bit-by-bit seems just as effective, and it's ongoing as we speak (write?).
Think of it: The government already regulates how much of my salary I can keep, how much I have to pay to keep my property, how much water I can use when I flush my toilet for God's sake! What do I/They need to have a shoot-out over? Seems to me in another twenty years they'll have bled us to death with a thousand pinpricks. No shotgun required.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join