It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Hammers News..!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:
Sir

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Brian Deane returns up front for West Ham after shaking off a thigh injury to boost Alan Pardew's attacking options for the clash with Preston.I think we should get three points here no problem.They have Christian Dailly at the back today as Repka is suspended so iu fancy our chances.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Looks like they are winning 2-0 at half time.

TRD

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Terminator
Looks like they are winning 2-0 at half time.

1-0 we was winning and we threw it away and lost 2-1 ..

Sir

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
What a bad result,things are not looking to good..With the players we have we should be doing much better.

TRD

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir
What a bad result,things are not looking to good..With the players we have we should be doing much better.

Yes totally agree,we should be doing alot better,one player who has been disappointing so far has benn Carrick and he has been one of our better players over the last few years.Defoe has let us down with him getting sent off and missing alot of games.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
West Ham need to do better than they are otherwise they will be lucky to make the play-offs.

I heard today that they might be willing to off-load David Connoley to raise funds to bring in some new players.I can't see this as a good move as he has been one of the better players so far,i think Carrick should go he has been pretty useless and if they can get �4/�5 million for him i would take it.

TRD

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well i can't believe it they just let David James go,if Connolly goes aswell our season will just get worse..

Manchester City have agreed a fee with West Ham for keeper David James as David Seaman announced his retirement.No news yet on how much but we paid �3.2 million for him and he wasn't the England no1 goalkeeper then,so i hope they didn't let him on the cheap..

I thought my day couldn't get any worse LOL!

Pardew must have some players in mind that he wants to get,i hope he doesn't buy crap players.

TRD

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
There have been rumours going round bristol that the highly rated *cough* goalkeeper steve phillips is going to west ham. Apparently west ham have been looking at him since last season and are about to make a bid.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
West Ham manager Alan Pardew has categorically ruled out the possibility of selling striker Jermain Defoe to Arsenal for �5million.

Pardew sold David James to Manchester City this week but is determined not to let Defoe leave at a knock-down price despite reports of an opening bid from the Gunners.

Yet he admitted a higher offer from one of the Premiership's big guns would give him the funds he needs to rebuild his threadbare squad.

Meanwhile, the Hammers have made their first signing following the sale of James, taking Anthony Barness on a month's loan from Bolton.

TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Anthony Barness is not a bad player,he certainly is better than Wayne Quinn i think Pardew has just realised how crap he is..

Lots of rumours floating about as to who west ham are interested in,lots of different goalkeepers and the one that really surprised me was that they are trying to pull off a loan deal with Diego Forlan comming to us for the rest of the season..

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Forlan!! on loan now that would be great if they pulled that off,it might have something to do with defoe going the other way perhaps.Thats if Man U don't get Saha.

TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well plenty of rumours and a bit of activity as West Ham have signed Arsenal goalkeeper Rami Shaaban on a one-month loan.

The busy month in the transfer market has continued with the news that they are close to completing the signing of veteran Andy Melville from Fulham for defender Ian Pearce in straight exchange deal..

Both players are scheduled to undergo medicals within the next couple of days in a deal which will also see Fulham pay an undisclosed fee to West Ham.

Well I don't know what to make of that,it sems like there is a real shuffle round at the back,i'm not surprised by the way they have been playing.

TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
West Ham director Trevor Brooking has confirmed the club would be interested in moving into a new Olympic Stadium built if London wins the 2012 Games.

The Hammers and Tottenham have been targeted by bid organisers as possible occupants of the new venue to avoid any "white elephants" after the event.

TRD

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yesss Half time and the Hammers are winning 3-1

With a new look team.

32. Stephen Bywater
24. Jon Harley
15. Anton Ferdinand
7. Christian Dailly
22. Andrew Melville
6. Michael Carrick
16. Kevin Horlock
17. Hayden Mullins
12. Matthew Etherington
8. David Connolly
10. Marlon Harewood

The goals have come from Carrick,New boy Jon Harley and Harewood!!

2nd half starts soon and it would be good to get some more goals as Sheefield Utd are currently 3rd in the leaugue and we are 9th..

TRD

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
OMG its 3-2 now Sheffield scored,but our young goalkeeper just saved a penalty as he push the ball round the post..15 mins left to play so its going to be close.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It's looking like they can't hold on to a lead again Sheffield scored in time added on 3-3 now.

TRD

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I can't believe we didn't win.

Phil Jagielka scored a injury time headed and got the draw for Sheffield Utd.We were 3-1 up at half-time with goals from Michael Carrick, Jon Harley and Marlon Harewood but we let them get their way back into the match as debutant Paul Shaw made it 3-2 before Jagielka's dramatic equaliser.

Sir

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
''' West Ham manager Alan Pardew felt his team was unlucky to concede a late equaliser at Bramall Lane.'''

Well thats a understatement it was a disgrace,althought West Ham played well as you say TRD they BLEW it again,a lot of new players were in the side but that is no excuse,3-1 up and they threw it away aagain,it seems they havn't the will to win at the moment.

TRD

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Big changes in the last few weeks and more to be expected as Alan Pardew hopes the dramatic changes he has brought to West Ham this week will have an immediate impact at Upton Park. Pardew has sold David James and brought in Jon Harley, Andy Melville and Rami Shaaban, plus assistant manager Peter Grant to replace the sacked Paul Goddard. But he also hopes to complete the signing of Wimbledon pair Nigel Reo-Coker and Adam Nowland for a reported fee of �600,000.Let's hope we can start winning now!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Yeah West Ham turned down a bid from a club for David Connelly.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join