It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Hammers News..!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yes a big game at the weekend and i see it as a must win for us..

TRD

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Alan Pardew has appealed to Jermain Defoe's representatives to snub any advances from the Premiership's finest during the January transfer window.

Pardew has received assurances from the West Ham board that Defoe does not have to be sold despite the club's �44million debt and insists he will develop better as a player at Upton Park.

But the Hammers are bracing themselves for a big-money bid from Manchester United or Arsenal for a player still eligible to play in the Champions League this season.

TRD

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
We got a draw today 1-1 with west brom..i was hoping for a win as we were winning 1-0 but i guess it wasn't a bad result as they are top of the league..

Sir

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Yes a draw we were unlucky they equalised with a own goal and although they played well west brom they didn't look like scoring,i thought we should have won.

TRD

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
We got beat by Stoke of all teams who are down the bottom end of the league..I couldn't believe it..

The Supporters and even the manager are going mad with anger at the team and the board things need to be sorted out quick or we are in trouble,we won't win promotion..

We have a hard game on saturday Sunderland at home so its a must win for us..

TRD

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
West Ham striker Jermain Defoe is concerned his international prospects are suffering while he remains stuck in Division One.

The 21-year-old, who has been strongly linked with a move to Manchester United, was described as being "not right in the head" by Hammers chairman Terence Brown at the club's AGM this week.

He requested a transfer less than 24 hours after the club's relegation to Division One at the end of last season, and though he retracted it Defoe is clearly unhappy at the lack of exposure he receives from playing at the lower level.

TRD

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Whoah what a good win for us today,losing 2-0 after the first half and then going on to win 3-2..

I'll write a little report tommorow on the game ..

TRD

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Alan Pardew insisted West Ham had rediscovered the fighting spirit after a stirring 3-2 comeback win over Sunderland catapulted them back into the top six.

Goals from Jason McAteer and John Oster gave Sunderland the lead at half-time,after a good performance..
2 quick goals in 7 mins by Jermain Defoe in the second half brought us back level and unlikley hero Ian Pearce struck the winner with 10 mins to go.Not a great performance by West Ham but we battled hard and got the 3 points,more commitment needs to be shown like in this game to give us a chance of making it back to the Premier League..

TRD

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
West Ham have been rocked by the news that Rufus Brevett will miss the rest of the season after a major setback on his recovery from an ankle injury.

Brevett has not played for the Hammers since fracturing a bone in his foot in an innocuous-looking slip against Sheffield United back in August.

Initial X-rays looked positive, and Brevett was already close to a return to full training.

But hopes of a comeback early in the New Year were shattered when he underwent surgery this week after a scan revealed potentially serious scar tissue damage.

TRD

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Alan Pardew is backing Brian Deane to lead West Ham back into the Barclaycard Premiership at the first attempt after he inspired a remarkable 3-2 comeback win over Sunderland.

Pardew only intended the 35-year-old striker to play a bit-part role at Upton Park after joining on a free transfer from Leicester, where he had won promotion last season.

But such was his influence in dragging the shambolic Hammers back from a two-goal deficit as a second-half substitute that Pardew is contemplating breaking up his preferred forward line to accommodate him.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hrmm they will miss Brevet as he adds a bit of bite to the side as he is a fiery player.
They seem to have picked it up a bit but they need to pick up alot of points over the christmas period and close the gap at the top.

Sir

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I like brevett he adds some steel to the side,its a shame he is out..

Walsall away today we need another win to keep us up the table.

TRD

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Grrrrrrr!!

Jermain Defoe's third red card of the season proved costly for West Ham as Jorge Leitao's second-half strike earned a deserved point for Walsall.

The Hammers' top scorer, who only returned from a five-match ban in last week's 3-2 victory against Sunderland, was sent off for a wild swing at Saddlers defender Ian Roper after just six minutes.

Alan Pardew's men responded in the best possible fashion, though, grabbing the opener just four minutes later through Marlon Harewood's third goal for the club.

And the Londoners, who had lost both of the games in which Defoe had previously been dismissed, survived intense pressure from the home side after the break to cling on for a point.

What the hell is defoe playing at,i hope they fine him at least 2 weeks wages he is costing us points,it makes me mad that he thinks that he is too good for us..

TRD

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Marlon Harewood returned to haunt Nottingham Forest as he scored the opening goal for West Ham in a deserved 2-0 victory at the City Ground.Defoe got the second and we played really well today..We need more of this,i know forest are not doing that great but it was a good away win...

C'mon you Irons..

TRD

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
West Ham manager Alan Pardew is looking for bargains in the loan market to boost his squad.

The Hammers are currently a point adrift of the play-off places in Division One and hope to make an assault on the top two in the New Year.

But Pardew has no funds to make permanent signings and is relying on the goodwill of others to grab players on loan.

Alan Pardew is refusing to accept the Football Association's decision to uphold a five-match ban for West Ham striker Jermain Defoe.

The 15-goal forward appealed against his sending-off during the recent 1-1 draw with Walsall, but a three-man commission refused to overturn the verdict.

I didn't actually see what happened but by all the reports it seems a bit unfair to ban him as the other player involved said it wasn't intentional and he should never have been sent off..

TRD

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Belgian defender Stijn Vreven looks set to join West Ham on loan until the end of the season, according to his club Kaiserslautern.

Hammers manager Alan Pardew admitted he must look to loan players as the club have no money available for permanent signings.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
West Ham seem to be playing better now and are starting to look good again,hopefully they will keep it up.

I heard that loan player went back home after one day as he didn't like it..

TRD

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Looks like you are right Terminator.

Polish international centre back Tomasz Klos has returned to Germany and will not now be playing in a friendly for West Ham this week.

Brian Deane should be back in the next week,Lomas tweaked his groin and should resume training in the next three weeks.Rob Lee could be back in two weeks,good news on brevett he might well play again this season the plaster cast comes of in febuary.

Sir

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It will be good to see Deane back he made a difference,were not doing that bad at the moment we should get in the play-offs at least but there is still a long way to go yet.

TRD

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Deane has played well,we lack a target man up front and i don't think mellor is the answer,be good to have a few of the players back.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join