It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superbowl champ predictions?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
After what New Orleans went through with Katrina last year, they deserve this one.
. Plus, Reggie Bush and Drew Brees were the two components for the Saints to be competitive once again. However, it would not surprise me one bit if the San Diego Super Chargahs won it all this year.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
OK, let me be the first to say:

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!

The best Christmas present I evr had was watching the EAGLES beat the heck put of those stinkin' Cowboys!!!!!!

T.O. who?

E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!!! Eagles rule!

I've been a fan for 30 years, good times, bad times, I've never waivered. Goodness knows this team deserves it! Let's go Birds!

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
OK, let me be the first to say:

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!

The best Christmas present I evr had was watching the EAGLES beat the heck put of those stinkin' Cowboys!!!!!!

BOO!! BOO!!!
Signed, a Cowboys fan.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Hey now! Does a Steelers fan have to come in an play referee between you two? If I have to do that, I will. I ain't afraid to throw that little yellow hankie either.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
GimmieFootball,you trying to commit suicide?
Wow, a Steelers fan in between a Cowboys and Eagles fan.
Talking about World war III, that would be it!!
Those three teams really do not like one another. At all!!

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Okay now, since it is going to be "World War 3" and all that stuff. Do I really have to build an octagon for you two to duke it out in?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Okay now, since it is going to be "World War 3" and all that stuff. Do I really have to build an octagon for you two to duke it out in?

So I'm sittin' here doin' some thinkin'......
So I says to myself, Self? What's somethin' nice you can say about the Cowboys?

Hmmmmmmm......................
C'mon brain, this might be the hardest thinkin' I ever had to do.......
Hmmmm..........somethin' nice to say about the Cowboys........

I like them better than doggy doo on my shoe..............Hmmmm....I'm not so sure about that..........

I like them better than my loser brother in law..........Man that's a close one............

Hmmmmmm.................

Wait! I got it!

I'd rather route for the Cowboys than spend a night with Rosie O'Donnell!

Brain, now that is some good thinkin'!

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Lombozo,how about the fact that the Cowboys have

A. Made more playoff appearances than any other team. Try Fifty-Five!! Yea..Yea.. Well, as of this year it will be 55.

B. Have been to more and won more Super Bowls than any other team... Super Bowl appearances.. 8...Super Bowl wins...5 . San Francisco has matched the wins but

C. They are one of the richest organizations in football

If that isn't enough good to say about them,I am sure I can find a thing or two more.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Lombozo,how about the fact that the Cowboys have

A. Made more playoff appearances than any other team. Try Fifty-Five!! Yea..Yea.. Well, as of this year it will be 55.

B. Have been to more and won more Super Bowls than any other team... Super Bowl appearances.. 8...Super Bowl wins...5 . San Francisco has matched the wins but

C. They are one of the richest organizations in football

If that isn't enough good to say about them,I am sure I can find a thing or two more.

Oh fine! Go ahead and use factual stats as an argument.

Yeah? Well The Eagles have never won a Super Bowl. How about that?! That shows how tough we are as Philly fans! :bnghd:

Yeah? The Eagles owner never had a facelift! Jones face looks so stretched that Joan Rivers laughs at him

Yeah? Well...To show you how cool we are, I'm not even gonna argue any more! How about that?!

Man, it's so lame trying to argue an Eagles point. There really aren't too many good points I'm afraid........ Cheers my poor misguided Cowboys lovin' friend.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Oh,Lombozo, it doesn't matter. It's just sports. Although,I do get somewhat passionate about it.
Not nearly as passionate as I used to, but I still do.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
SoT, in light of your recent post, I ask you this:

How many times has this Cowboys team made the playoffs?

The Montreal Canadiens have won the Stanley Cup more times than any team in Hockey. The New York Yankees have won the Series more times than any other MLB team. Does that mean anything? Does that validate any stance for this years or next years team?

Statistics are merely an argument for the underdog. The fact is, the game is won and lost on the field. Who did what on any other time don't mean crap. Any team on any day can win. In the game of Football, those words were never truer. Most other sports run their playoffs on a series basis. Football is a one day show down. It's put up or shut up.

Everything that has gone down before Tony Romo and the Big Tuna means nothing. The only thing they have in common is their uniform.

I do know one thing though. I am pumped to watch the playoffs on my new plasma.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Or you could look at the win %. The Cowboys are a little over .500, while the Niners are batting 1.000 in the big game. You say 55 post-season appearences. Appearences are nice but what about depth into the playoffs?

www.superbowl.com...

I see why you hate the Niners so much, they damn near match the Boys in everything, and aside from some skirmishes in the early 70's(I didn't know about that, thanks for sending me on this journey) the Niners have done a helluva lot more in the past 25 years.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
SoT, in light of your recent post, I ask you this:

How many times has this Cowboys team made the playoffs?

The Cowboys have appeared in 54 playoff games. Of their 46 year history, they have made the playoffs in about 30 of those years.

The Montreal Canadiens have won the Stanley Cup more times than any team in Hockey. The New York Yankees have won the Series more times than any other MLB team. Does that mean anything? Does that validate any stance for this years or next years team?

No but when you mention great organizations,I guarantee you their name comes up.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Intrepid,
you are certainly correct in your assessment of my dislike for the 49ers. I am not even going to tell you my nick name for them; it's not appropriate at all.
:shk:

Any way,yeah, San Francisco has to be listed amongst the great organizations in football. They may be down right now, but any time you play agaisnst them, you had better be ready to play. If you're not, they'll beat you.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   

The Cowboys have appeared in 54 playoff games. Of their 46 year history, they have made the playoffs in about 30 of those years.

No, previous Cowboy teams have made the playoffs and won the Superbowl. This team has accomplished nothing. This team has never made the playoffs. The organization, and the team, differ greatly. Has Tony Romo ever won a Superbowl? I'm honestly not sure if he has, but it certainly has never been as a starter. What % of the Cowboys has actually won a Superbowl?

What I am getting at is each team, each year, has something to prove. Relying on statistics to base our opinions is merely grasping into thin air. What the organization has done in the past, is completely irrelevant to this years team and it's success.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Chissler,the problem is I am not predicting the Cowboys to go to the Super Bowl,especially after their last three games. I'd like to see the Cowboys go,but I am not holding my breath.

I predicted that it would be the Chicago Bears and San Diego Chargers in the Super Bowl.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Oh,Lombozo, it doesn't matter. It's just sports. Although,I do get somewhat passionate about it.
Not nearly as passionate as I used to, but I still do.

You're a good sport SoT. Yeah, it's just a game, but man I get so wrapped up in it. My Sundays in the fall revolve around the Eagles game, and I'm glad to say that my little boy is starting to get into it as well. I watch all of the games with him, it's a requirement wherever we watch the game, that I'm allowed to bring him. Because I watch the games with him, I don't curse at the TV anymore, but I do still, shall we say, "raise my voice" occasionaly.

He's 4 now, and I have him saying "Dallas S--ks!" Now how's that for good parentin'?

So do you think the Birds, and the Boys will meet in the playoffs? If so, that has the makings of one heck of a game.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
So do you think the Birds, and the Boys will meet in the playoffs? If so, that has the makings of one heck of a game.

I think it's quite possible. On the face of it, it should be a good game. However, if the Cowboys don't play any better than they did on Christmas, :shk: it won't even be close. I haven't seen Dallas put a performance like that in for quite some time. Hell, they even played better than that in the New Orleans game, and that was terrible.

Like I said, if the Cowboys do not go to the Bowl this year, it will be on two counts.

(1) Their offensive line
(2) A fledgling defense.

I don't expect either the Cowboys or Eagles to make it to the dance this year,but, there is always hope. Right? If the Cowboys and Eagles meet, it will probably be in the second round. I don't think that they will meet in the first round, and I don't see both of them making it to the NFC Championship game.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
OK, I know I've jumped into this conversation halfway through, but I'm thinking it's most likely that we'll have a Chargers vs. Saints Super Bowl.

The Saints are a team on a mission, and there is no one out there who wants to see them fail, with the exception of the team they happen to be playing that particular weekend.

The Chargers are an obvious choice. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts pull things together for a deep run in the playoffs. I don't really expect that, but it sure is possible. Even the Steelers were given a Lombardi trophy last year...

~Gibbsy

[edit on 12/29/2006 by Susquehanna]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Susquehanna

The Chargers are an obvious choice. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts pull things together for a deep run in the playoffs. I don't really expect that, but it sure is possible. Even the Steelers were given a Lombardi trophy last year...

~Gibbsy

[edit on 12/29/2006 by Susquehanna]

I bolded the problem. They can run, a little BUT they can't stop the run at all. If the Colts get past the second round I'll eat

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join