Superbowl champ predictions?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Everything aside. I think the dark horse in all of this is probably the Baltimore Ravens for the AFC. They seem to be gliding under everyone's radar. Be careful.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Everything aside. I think the dark horse in all of this is probably the Baltimore Ravens for the AFC. They seem to be gliding under everyone's radar. Be careful.

I can see that.

My dark horse is Cincy.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I personally thought Cincinatti should have went last year. If it wouldn't have been for Carson Palmer getting hurt,I think they would have.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Spitting cobra
Growing up in Nap, I have to put my money on the colts, even tho they have not proven them selves as finishers.

Running D sucks BIG time. No chance. You can throw the ball all day but if you can't control the clock it's over.

You act like you are telling me things I don't know.

You don't have to stop the run to win, but you either have to stop the run or protect the QB, with no pressure colts win.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

You don't have to stop the run to win, but you either have to stop the run or protect the QB, with no pressure colts win.

Amen, bro. All they need to do is slow down the run. Colts were built to play with a lead. They manhandled a pretty good Cincinnati team Monday night, and though I wouldn't call giving up 137 yards on the ground "stopping the run" it's significantly better than the 300+ on the ground they have been giving up.

Their linebacker play has sucked all year. They've brought LB Rob Morris (former #1 pick and former starter) off the bench and he's a significantly better run stopper than the guy he's replaced. If/when Bob Sanders comes back, look out.

I think Dungy knows what he's doing. He's building for the playoffs. We'll have guys back and a D good enough to win. When the "O" is cranking and we can force opponents to play catch-up, with our pass rush we're as good as anybody.

I'll still take the Colts. And I'd love to see the Bears as the opponent. Second sentimental choice for NFC - Saints.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
My Prediction for the Super Bowl is San Diego vs New Orleans.

Top Storyline will be Drew Brees getting back at the Chargers for releasing him. Well....that and the Saints huge turnaround after Katrina!

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I am going with SOT on this one, I fully believe that it will be the Bears and the San Diego Supachargers. Chargers have the high powered offense with first time Pro Bowler Philip Rivers at quarterback and Ladainian Tomlinson at the half back spot. This year could turn out to be San Diego's year for a Super Bowl if they don't screw it all up in the A.F.C. playoffs.

As for the Bears, they are a little shaky as of late. I mean nearly loosing to one of the worst teams in the National Football League, the Buccaneers, at Soldier Field last Sunday. Yes the Bears has an excellent defense that can stop the run and break up the passing game. That doesn't nessecarrily mean that you will win ball games. Except for what the Titans did last week by beating Jacksonville with three defensive touchdowns while having only ninety eight total yards of offense.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The Bears will get to the Super Bowl, and will dominate the game, winning 76 to 0. It doesn't matter who they're up against, they will skunk 'em 76 to zip. 6 of those points will come from safeties, one of which where the line of scrimmage was on the 50 yard line. It will be embarrassing to watch as the other team gets a delay of game penalty at the start of the 4th quarter because they couldn't stop crying.

"But Jake, that's ridiculous! This isn't 1985!" you say. No, it's not, but what you don't understand is the events that are going to take place in 2 weeks.

The inhabitants of Rupert, a planet named after an imaginary parrot, want the Bears to win. In two weeks, they're going to transport them into a fold in space-time. In here, radiation will be pumped into all the players giving them energy never to be tired, nor to age. Then, for what they perceive to be 43 years, they will train 24/7. They will be the most incredible team ever to grace the gridiron, and all who see them play will sit in stunned silence at the beauty and skill that football could entail. Football will never be the same, because all games after that one will seem as pathetic as the Packers Vikings last night.

And lying in our beds, many years from now, y'all will turn on the all-bears network and remember the day, so many years ago, when you read on a discussion board exactly what happened and scoffed, and, for those of you outside of Chicago, remember a time when your team actually bothered to show up on the field.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm sorry but no one is going to beat San Diego they are winning the Superbowl this year.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinstopshere
I'm sorry but no one is going to beat San Diego they are winning the Superbowl this year.

Did you even read the post above yours? 76 to zip, baby!

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Did you even read the post above yours? 76 to zip, baby!

We will see about that won't we.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Well,there is not an AFC team that will beat them... However,traditionally,AFC teams are always weaker than NFC teams. Don't believe me? Look at how many super bowls the AFC has won as compared to the NFC. San Diego will be hard to beat,and if they play the Bears,I will cheer for the Chargers, but history is not on their side.As I have already stated, I'd much rather see the Dallas Cowboys go than either the Bears or Chargers,but I am not holding my breath on that one. :shk:

Key reasons why I am not:

(1) Offensive line
(2) Over the last two weeks, Dallas' defense has looked awful.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
You're remembering yesterday SoT, back in the day that the NFC ruled. It's not so anymore. Only 2 NFC teams have won the SB in the last 10 years:

mistupid.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Intrepid, admittedly that is so. However, none of the NFC power house teams have been to the super bowl in the last 10 years either.

For example:

Dallas Cowboys haven't been since 1996
San Francisco 49er's haven'been since 1995
Washington Redskins haven't been since the 1980s

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Intrepid, admittedly that is so. However, none of the NFC power house teams have been to the super bowl in the last 10 years either.

For example:

Dallas Cowboys haven't been since 1996
San Francisco 49er's haven'been since 1995
Washington Redskins haven't been since the 1980s

That's because they aren't "power houses" anymore. Believe me, I'm a Niners fan, I'm feeling the pain.

Just calling it as I see it.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I'm taking San Diego over the Saints. Rex Grossman is just too inconisistent and chokes too easily. All a team has to do in the regualr season is put pressure on Grossman and he folds either with incomplete passes or interceptions. Just wait until the playoffs when the pressure is really on his sholders. Thats why I'm taking the Saints over the Bears.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
How about the Packers win their final two games, the Eagles lose their two, with some magical stroke of luck, we make it into the playoffs.

Then Favre goes on a tear and wins another Super Bowl.

Then retires as the greatest ever.

...It could happen.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

...It could happen.

Yeah, but it's about as probable as my prediction...

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
With New Orleans wrapping up a 1st round bye, it's definately their year.

This reinforces my Saints/Chargers pick!

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
With New Orleans wrapping up a 1st round bye, it's definately their year.

Yeah,thanks to the Cowboy's poor showing.
Ninety three points allowed in three games.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join