It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superbowl champ predictions?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Susquehanna

Originally posted by intrepid
Shut down the Ravens, did ya? Can you shut down Monta..., um, er Brady and 3 good RB's? Wals.., I mean Belicheck calling the game?

Intrepid, I believe you should be eating SPAM right about now, if memory serves me correctly. I expect a picture of you chowing down be posted in tis thread shortly...

Yup, spam with mustard(Indy getting past the 2nd round). Real men eat it with mustard, not ketchup.

Not really me but it is an RCMP dude. That's Canadian.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Is he eating a SPAM cake?

I'm telling you, Vinatieri has been the difference, so the outcome will be different this year.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
New England is Ty Law'less this year. Indy has already managed to overcome him this year, so I think this is Indy's best shot thus far. Belicheck is a genius, but Dungy should not be underrated.

Coaching- I'll give it to the Pats.
QB - Flip a coin
WR's - Indy
RB's - Flip a coin although after last week, I'm leaning towards Indy
Defense- Indy just seriously stepped up in the playoffs

A win is a win, no matter how it comes about. But let's face it, New England is only in the position they are, because the Chargers lost it on themselves. Stunned turn overs that you do not see in a professional caliber sport, not to mention playoffs, all led to the Pats taking the dubya.

I don't see Indy making those mistakes.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Coaching- I'll give it to the Pats.
QB - Flip a coin
WR's - Indy
RB's - Flip a coin although after last week, I'm leaning towards Indy
Defense- Indy just seriously stepped up in the playoffs

Coaching- Pats, for sure.
QB- Pats, Brady makes Gaffney and Caldwell look good. Over the hill Brown is even looking OK. TE's are even looking good due to Brady.
WR- Indy, can't argue with that.
RB's- Pats. Power back- Correy Dillon(remember Cinncy?), all purpose back Morroney(R), hands back K. Faulk. Mix them up, how do you defend?
Defense- Indy stepped up, yes. Now deal with NE's defense, good, fast and unpredictable. Will Harrison be back? Does it matter? Hobbs did an EXCEPTIONAL job. If Harrison IS back(in nickle and dime) that only makes the defense better.

I'll stand by the call, Pat's/Saint's in the Superbowl. To the NFC, I said previouosly that the Bears would make the third round, no further.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The Superbowl is nothing but a distant thought at this point in time. The thought of these two teams doing battle one more time, well, let's just say my pants are "soiled". This has become one of the greatest rivalries in sports over the last five years. If Peyton doesn't get it done soon, he's going to be the next Marino rather than another Elway.

I will give you this intrepid. When Indy has a bad day, and the Pats have a bad day, the Pats are far better on all sides of the ball. When Indy stinks it up, they seriously stink it up. But I believe the boys will show up this weekend and "Git 'Er Dun".

As for Faulk & Dillon, I don't see them breaking for huge yards. They may be able to move the chains from time to time, but I think they are going to need more than that. Peyton was kept out of the end zone last week, he's going to come hungry this week. Pats are going to need a big day from their back field, and I don't know if they have it in them.

When it comes to the running game, I think we have already beaten better this post season. What Indy needs to do, is get in the face of Brady. Merriman, although possibly injured, did not get near Brady nearly as much. I am thinking Dwight Freeney will go through concrete this weekend to finally get to the big game.

Needless to say, it is going to be interesting to say how this plays out.

I'm pushing for Indy all of the way through. If the Pats do win, I'll take the Saints. If by some stroke of luck the Colts & the Saints go down this weekend, I'll go with the Pats. As much as I like the Bears, I'd rather see Brady take another ring than Grossman putting one on.

Consistently inconsistent, not enough to win the Super Bowl, and I would hate to think of it being enough to get the job done.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

If Peyton doesn't get it done soon, he's going to be the next Marino rather than another Elway.

That's exactly as I see him. A GREAT QB that doesn't get the ring. Montana beat Marino. Brady is the second coming.

I will give you this intrepid. When Indy has a bad day, and the Pats have a bad day, the Pats are far better on all sides of the ball. When Indy stinks it up, they seriously stink it up. But I believe the boys will show up this weekend and "Git 'Er Dun".

That speaks volumes and I agree with you. Dungy, I like the guy BUT Belicheck is the reincarnation of Walsh. Am I living vicariously through the Pat's? Probably. The parallels are amazing though and that team(Niners) was just a winner.

As for Faulk & Dillon, I don't see them breaking for huge yards. They may be able to move the chains from time to time, but I think they are going to need more than that. Peyton was kept out of the end zone last week, he's going to come hungry this week. Pats are going to need a big day from their back field, and I don't know if they have it in them.

Don't forget Morroney, he racks up yards too.

When it comes to the running game, I think we have already beaten better this post season. What Indy needs to do, is get in the face of Brady. Merriman, although possibly injured, did not get near Brady nearly as much. I am thinking Dwight Freeney will go through concrete this weekend to finally get to the big game.

Freeney will have to have the game of his life, it's possible. NE has already taken care of the best RB in NFL history, if you go by the stats. What does Indy have?

It will be a good game for at least a half. I see NE pulling away in the second half.

Edit to add: Ball possesion, running the ball, only NE has that.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm from the East coast, that being said, I have a shirt with this logo.

Does anyone remember Steve Grogan?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I am going to say only this.

The CHargers fell apart and Brady picked it up.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Am I living vicariously through the Pat's? Probably.

The team and the colors may differ, but the organization itself stands on the same principle. Anything short of a ring, is a disappointment. I always respect that.

Edit to add: Ball possesion, running the ball, only NE has that.

Did you watch Rhodes pick apart the Baltimore defense in the 4th quarter? Colts were up by a score with 7 minutes on the clock. He continued to move the chains on every series while taking precious minutes off. I don't think it will be done on a regular basis, but when the game is on the line, the kid is dependable.

What does Indy have?

One of the greatest quarterback's of all time, playoff record aside. One of the best WR's in the game, not to mention the most underrated, Marvin Harrison. Adam Vinatieri anyone? ...Anyone?

[edit on 16-1-2007 by chissler]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I'm from the East coast, that being said, I have a shirt with this logo.

Does anyone remember Steve Grogan?

Nice, I have a hat with the logo. Of course I still remember Grogan, second best Pats QB ever. I remember as a kid going to the old Sullivan/Foxoboro stadium and sitting on those horrible aluminum benches. Routing for a team that was horrible. People don't realize how pathetic the Pats franchise used to be. Until Bob Kraft bought the team. They use to be the worse than what the Cardinals and Raiders are today.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Everyone wants to know who will be in the Super Bowl...Well... Here it is....

Indianapollis vs. New Orleans....providing that Indianapolis' defense holds steady. Otherwise, another year to endure a Patriot Super Bowl

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

What does Indy have?

One of the greatest quarterback's of all time, playoff record aside. One of the best WR's in the game, not to mention the most underrated, Marvin Harrison. Adam Vinatieri anyone? ...Anyone?

[edit on 16-1-2007 by chissler]
You won't convince me of that until Payton has a ring on his hand. Yeah he can own the records, but he'll never be metioned in the same breath as Staubach,Unitas, Bradshaw, Elway,Montana, or even Aikman until he has a ring on his hand in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Aikman?

I have a problem with Aikman being listed in those names, and I have a bigger problem with his insertion and the obvious void of Brett Favre. Grant it, Aikman was a player in his day, but I highly doubt that it is a long term goal of many to epitomize Troy Aikman.

Of course the ring is the ultimate goal, but his accomplishments should be acknowledged. Dan Marino has gone down as one of the greatest QB's in history, where is his ring? Do we forget that Elway "almost" went without a ring in his day?

Don't count Peyton out yet. The man bleeds football, his day will come.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well,Chissler, Aikman certainly is not a Brett Favre...I agree with you there. Aikman, as far as accuracy is concerned, is probably one of the best that I have seen, but his problem was is that he could never move. It was like his freaking feet were cemented into 5 gallon buckets!!
Aikman had no mobility at all. Brett Favre does.. I seriously doubt that Aikman would have been as successful as he was had it not been for his offensive line. However,I do consider him amongst the greats.

I mean, if we are going to talk statistics, let's talk about Warren Moon. Hell, the guy either owns or has owned every quarterback record available, not literally, but you get what I mean. However, he never won the big un'. Why should Peyton be held in any greater regard than say Warren or any other quarterback that has ever been in the NFL?The difference between Marin and Manning? Marino actually went to a Super Bowl... Manning, at least so far, has been a no show. I hope that changes this year, but we'll see.

[edit on 16-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 16-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Here's an interesting (probably only to me) back story about the NFC championship game. Brees played his college ball at Purdue (so he's back in black and gold) and Grossman grew up in Bloomington, Indiana home of arch rival Indiana University. Yes, Grossman went to Florida and who could blame him? Not me and I'm an IU guy.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Here's an interesting (probably only to me) back story about the NFC championship game. Brees played his college ball at Purdue (so he's back in black and gold) and Grossman grew up in Bloomington, Indiana home of arch rival Indiana University. Yes, Grossman went to Florida and who could blame him? Not me and I'm an IU guy.

Of course, the backup in Chicago is...Brian Greise, who went to Michigan, where his backup was....Anyone? Anyone?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Of course, the backup in Chicago is...Brian Greise, who went to Michigan, where his backup was....Anyone? Anyone?

Tom Brady. And Brian's dad was (and is) Bob Griese of Miami Dolphin fame who attended college at...

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Tom Brady. And Brian's dad was (and is) Bob Griese of Miami Dolphin fame who attended college at...

Michigan!

Thanks for completing the trivia trifecta!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Michigan!

Thanks for completing the trivia trifecta!

Ohh Gibbsy, you disappoint me. Bob Griese (Brian's Dad) was a two-time All American at Purdue. Whupped USC in the Rose Bowl in '66. Was runner up (to Steve Spurrier of all people, who coached Grossman at Florida) in the Heisman voting that year.

But thanks for playing.

[Edit for typo]

[edit on 1/19/2007 by yeahright]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
EA has done their simulation which has predicted an Indy romp and the Saints taking a close victory on a late Reggie Bush touchdown.

Indy Vs. Saints!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join