Superbowl champ predictions?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm going to go with San Diego this year. Ladanian Thomlinson is just wreaking havoc, and their defense is vastly improved. I think 2007 may be Marty Schottenheimer's year to finally win the big one.

Who's everyone else's picks?

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
San Diego is a good team that controls the line of schrimage on both sides of the ball, but somehow I cannot see them having the intangibles to pull through the playoffs without giving up a win.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
God, I can only wish that it would be the Eagles! I've been wishing that for years.
I agree with you, San Diego looks pretty good.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
While I might not know who the SuperBowl champs will be, I certainly can tell you the name of one team that certainly won't be there (except, perhaps, for sitting in the stands) -- The Detroit Lions! How is it possible that the Lions can field what have to be the greatest bunch of under-achievers year after year.

Oh well....'sigh'

Anyway, I guess I gotta drop my ten dollar bet on San Diego.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
As long as William Clay Ford owns the Lions, they'll stink. Same as it ever was.

My heart says Colts!Colts!Colts!, and I'll be pulling hard that way. But if I had to risk my hard-earned cash, I'd have to give a long look at Baltimore. Their defense is great, and either Kyle Boller or Steve McNair at QB are good enough to win. San Diego is scary anytime they can put LT on the field. And their defense is pretty good.

I can't imagine an NFC team winning it all. Dallas? >yecch<

Since Pittsburgh could back into the playoffs last year and end up winning it all, I'm still hopeful the Colts can do it. Watch for safety Bob Sanders. If he gets healthy and starts playing, it could happen. He completely changes the defensive look of the team. The guy's maybe 5'11" but is reckless and hits like a sledge hammer. They play totally differently when he's in there.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
San Diego is the sexy pick. Doesn't matter what NFC team makes it, there dead meat. Any of the top dogs in the AFC will crush any NFC playoff team.

Any one of the bubble teams in the AFC would be the number 2 seed if they were in NFC: Jets, Jags, Bengals, Denver, and Chiefs (maybe not the chiefs).

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I don't see any threat to the Chicago Bears in the NFC. If I remember how the brackets are drawn correctly, they look to face either the Eagles or Seahawks first, then either the Saints or Cowboys for the conference championship.

The NFC as a whole gives up entirely too many points- the two AFC teams that defeated the bears both have allowed fewer points than any NFC team other than the Bears.
If you can stop them from running, Grossman will eventually turn the ball over about 3 times.

So Chicago will probably get to the Super Bowl. Whether or not they win it is mostly up to their opponents.

If the Chargers scoring machine gets there, I actually give the bears a decent shot to hang in there with them. They'll trail for most of the game and probably lose it, unless they can force 2 turnovers and give up none.

The Colts would be the same story, but not as hard to keep up with.

The Patriots or Ravens would make for a very tense and relatively low scoring game up until the Bears started turning the ball over and eventually got their butts handed to them.

Most likely Superbowl winners, in order? Ravens, Chargers, Bears.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
I'm going to go with San Diego this year. Ladanian Thomlinson is just wreaking havoc, and their defense is vastly improved.

I'm still going with the Colts.

I know, the colts run defense is pathetic and it would seem L.T. would have a record setting day against them but, Indy has good success against san Diago in recent years.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm gonna go with the Jaguars over the Bears in the Superbowl.

Also, I'm going to go with the Texans in 2013, that is of course if we're all still here.

Peace

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Classified Info

I'm still going with the Colts.

I know, the colts run defense is pathetic and it would seem L.T. would have a record setting day against them but, Indy has good success against san Diago in recent years.

If it's a high scoring game, Indy is a threat to anyone in the NFL. Their offense is super potent. I don't think their D could stop San Diego, but in a shootout, they might outscore them.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Chicago or San Diego seem like the obvious choices at this point. But with the inconsistency of Grossman, I tend to think they may stumble in the playoffs. The ability to shutdown LT will be highly touted come January.

As repetitive as this has been over the last few years, I'm sticking to my guns with Indy. Peyton deserves one and I'm in his corner every year until he gets it.

It'll look good on James who's roasting under the sun in Arizona.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I think ultimately it will wind up being either the Cowboys or the Bears.

It will be

Chargers vs. Cowboys
or
Chargers Vs. Bears

I'd like to see the Cowboys go, but I just don't know if their defense is going to hold up long enough. My heart is cheering for the Cowboys, but I don't see anyone beating the Bears.

[edit on 19-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The Colts have done better than I expected without James, but don't underestimate how valuable he was. The Cardinals could begin to fare a little better in seasons to come.

I think the Bears can survive the defenses they will have to face in the NFC playoffs, but not because necessarily because they deserve to. They probably should and probably will lose the superbowl and then make a more convincing run at it next season.

As for the Chargers, I live to see them get upset. If the Raiders suck, the whole AFC West should suck. Why should I be the only person in California who's pissed off all the time?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
You will all be surprised when the Eagles take it this year. It's so similar to the Steelers of last year. The Bears won't hold up in the postseason, the Saints don't have the D, the Cowgirls are a joke. On Christmas day when the Eagles beat the boys for the second time this year, everyone else will begin to see what I see.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Me, I am going to stick my neck out..... Bengals. They will win both their regular season games and then the playoffs.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I am pulling for San Diego but if they get eliminated then I will go with the Eagles.

But Oakland is looking fantastic (kidding).Poor raider fans

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
San Diego is a good team that controls the line of schrimage on both sides of the ball, but somehow I cannot see them having the intangibles to pull through the playoffs without giving up a win.

In the AFC,I don't see anyone better than San Diego. Indianapolis isn't going to beat them,and Cincinatti isn't capable. Just like in the NFC, although I am a Cowboys fan and my heart is with them, I don't really see anyone beating the Bears.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
On Christmas day when the Eagles beat the boys for the second time this year, everyone else will begin to see what I see.
Yeah, okay. We'll see.

Cowboys- 45
Eagles- 6

[edit on 20-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
They win their last 2 and Seattle loses and they win the NFC West. OK, just wishful thinking.

There isn't a team out there that is as complete as SD, they should take it all. I also don't see the Bears in the SB, NFC championship maybe but that's as far as they will go.

Cincy is my dark horse.

Testrat is right, the NFC will have to wait another year, the AFC is just too strong.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Although their play has been sloppy, I feel Bill Belicheck will have the Patriots prepared for the playoffs. Last week playing the "Pop Warner" Texans they held onto the ball and made I believe one penalty. Ok...thats what i HOPE for.... reality..... The Charges will walk with ease into the Superbowl and walk away with a lopsided victory.

No matter who is in the Superbowl for the NFC...will get squashed. i PRAY that the Cowboys fall hard. I am a Bill Parcells hater!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join