It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superbowl champ predictions?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I try not to glote..............

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Wait! I got it!

E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not tongue in cheek. I really do feel sorry for Romo - I really do. But those stinkin' Cowboys are done for the season!
Hey SoT, you're a good soul, and I have a nice seat on the Philly bandwagon waitin' for you.
Lotsa pizza and beer if you see the green light!
Be cool Dude.
E=A=G=L=E=S Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I watched the first half, and a few moments of the early second half, and it was the same story for Eli Manning. Very ineffective. It was either a three and out or a third and long situation to begin every drive. Tiki broke out for a long run early in the game, but other then that he was having a tough time gaining any sort of yards, and other then Jeremy Shockey, the Giants seem to lack a certain level of intensity.

I was surprised the Eagles were not punished for the little skirmish between Raymur, (I think I got that right) and the Giants defense. He threw a blatant cheap shot, followed by a second cheap shot, then received one of his own. They should of never canceled one another out, which was what the officials decided. The lack of call on the play ended up in a touchdown for the Eagles.

I hesitate to say that because the Giants need no excuses. Nobody to blame but themselves.

Garcia looked good at times, but he too looked really detached on others.. If Philly wants to go any farther, they'll need to make some adjustments.

Who calls a Time out with 2:02 remaining in the first half? Two minute warning anyone? It sparked a slight reaction from Reid, something we do not see very often.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
San Diego vs. New Orleans,with the Chargers prevailing(imho)

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

Not tongue in cheek. I really do feel sorry for Romo - I really do. But those stinkin' Cowboys are done for the season!
Hey SoT, you're a good soul, and I have a nice seat on the Philly bandwagon waitin' for you.

Well,one has to be sympathetic towards Romo...I believe this experience will drive him to be great. All the great ones have had their bad experiences to drive them harder. To be honest, Seattle was just very,very lucky.. The Cowboys..well,what can I say? They just didn't have it this year.

As far as Philadelphia goes... Alas, my friend, they will lose to New Orleans this weekend..

[edit on 8-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Can you believe it? No, can you believe it?

Utterly speechless after watching that. Nobody ever wants to see one person taking the brunt of the criticism for a loss, but that was a perfectly fine snap. This the end of the Big Tuna in Big D?

I am surprised that Romo made sucha big mistake. At least he did have the instinct to pick the ball up and run with it. Many quarterbacks that had no more experience that Roo has had, would have frozen. I think that is just an indication of what kind of a quarterback this kid is going to be. I have seen him react well time and time again to mishaps,perhaps unsuccessfully at times, but at least he did have the presence of mind to react. I look for Parcells to return. I have said it repeatedly, and I will say it again, when Bill Parcells leaves Dallas, he will leave with another Super Bowl ring on his hand. I do not think that Terrell Owens will be back though. That's just my opinion.

[edit on 8-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Ok, before the games start, the winners:

Ravens
Bears
Saints
and........................... Patriots. After watching last week I just have a feeling that Bradey is going to carry the rest of the team on his shoulders.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
No, no, no! The Patriots will not win in San Diego due to a few things.

Those are as follows.

1. Chargers have L. T. and the Pats don't.
2. Bill Belichick has never had a winning record against the San Diego Chargers in the last three seasons.
3. The Patriots do not have the ability up front to stop the San Diego linebacking corp from getting to Brady.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Watched the Indy/Baltimore game yesterday, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. From start to finish it was a game of field position. The two biggest positives for Indy right now:

1. Defense! Yes, Defense! They are even stopping the run. I've said it late in the season when they were facing a lot of adversity. This was the first season in awhile where Indy faced some problems and entered the playoffs as something other than the favorite. Appears to be helping.

2. Running Game/Ability to Control the Clock - With 7 minutes to go in the 4th, Rhodes took over. A perfect series, one after another. Running every possible second off of the playclock, while moving the chains.

Adam Vinatieri was "Mr Clutch" as usual.

If the Pat's win today, Indy has to be the favorite. If SD/LT wins today, obviously Indy becomes the underdog with the running game they will be up against.

Either way, it will make for some interesting football.

Did not watch the late game last night, (Eagles vs. Saints) so I have nothing to say on it. Other then, "How 'Bout Them Saints!"

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Here's where I come in with my analysis. Saints are not a team to write off as a win this year. Just ask the eleven teams they've beaten this year.

--Edit to add this--

The Feel Good Story For Future NFL Seasons

[edit on 1/14/2007 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Bears Win. Rex had his standard up and down day, nothing extraordinary to silence the critics though.

Watching Pats and Chargers...

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
GO BEARS!

GO BEARS!

GO BEARS!

Chicago RULES!
WOOOOHOOOO!

(caps intended, I'm a Grabowski)

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
San Diego Chargers 35

Chicago Bears 21

My prediction still has a chance of coming true
Bears 27
Seahawks 24

Currently
Chargers 14
Patriots 10

Edit:Apparently i was wrong
Patriots 24
Chargers 21

[edit on 14-1-2007 by Black_Fox]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The Chargers beat themselves. No other way to put it. Costly turnovers were rampant in the second half. A brain head pass resulted in a interception at the end of the third, and a stunned attempted punt return also left the Pats in excellent field position. With the game so close, and so little time left on the clock, LT was completely removed from the game.

But all of that is irrelevant right now.

The only thing that matters is, Pats vs. Indy next week baby!

Matchups:

Patriots vs. Indy
Saints vs. Chicago

I'm taking Peyton over Brady. I mean C'mon, even if Peyton does not get the ring this year, it is time he takes down Brady. And I am also going to go with the feel good team of the year, America's own, the New Orleans Saints!

But I'm sticking with Indy in the big show.

Peyton baby! This is his year.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This'll be the year we finally knock that Pat monkey off our backs. Then it's on to Miami to face the Bears. Saints have had a good run, but I believe the Bears will take them.

Colts-Bears in the Super Bowl. I can't wait.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Im now going with a sequel

Bears 28

Patriots 21

22 years later,could history repeat itself?
Or can the Pats avenge their superbowl loss to the 85' Bears?

[edit on 15-1-2007 by Black_Fox]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Colts-Saints in the big game.

Saints to win it all, Baby!!!

The Pats/Colts game is gonna be close, but the Pats will be missing the real Super Bowl MVP from their winning seasons, Adam Vinatieri.

The Bears offense will show their true colors come Sunday, which will give the Saints enough of an edge to get to the Super Bowl for the first time in team history.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
How enjoyable will it be to watch Vinatieri pump one through the uprights with no time left on the clock. As much as I respect the Patriots organization, they should of made every effort to keep the strength of his leg in their own locker room.

With the game on the line, and one late fourth quarter drive in front of you, having Peyton and Vinateiri at the helm is a combination that would leave any team resting easy.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
OK, I'm 7-1 in the playoffs. That 1, how did the Colts TOTALLY shut down the Ravens?

OK, here we go.

Saint ain't "aint's". Da Bears? Another year. Maybe.

Shut down the Ravens, did ya? Can you shut down Monta..., um, er Brady and 3 good RB's? Wals.., I mean Belicheck calling the game?

Saints/Pats Superbowl.

Sorry yeahright, just don't see it.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Sorry yeahright, just don't see it.

Hey, don't apologize to me. If I wasn't an Indy guy, I'd feel the same way. But as a public service, I'll tell you how they shut down the Ravens (and KC) and how they'll beat NE.

The "D" has been the weak link all year. Injuries mostly, and personnel to a degree. They've been um...vulnerable...to the run. To put it mildly.

Two big differences now. (1) Rob Morris, the MLB, who was a first rounder and started for years, is now starting again in place of Gary Brackett. Rob's much stronger against the run. (2) Bob Sanders, who played in only 3 games in the regular season, is back. Now, you have to have had the opportunity to watch Sanders the last couple of years to understand, but the guy is THE difference maker on defense. He's a safety, but he can cover and he plays the run, and hits, like a likebacker. Think Jack Tatum. I'm serious. They're a totally different defensive team and play with a completely different mind set when he's in there. I think he could've played in more games in the regular season, but Dungy wanted to be sure he was at 100% for the playoffs.

Watch for #21 Sanders this Sunday night. He's a deltoid muscle with legs.

And yes, New England scares me. There's no QB in the NFL (sorry Peyton) I'd rather have start a big game. Belichick has proven he can coach in these situations as well as anyone ever has. This is an opportunistic team that knows how to play in a big game, and somehow NE always finds a way. Until this year.

Of course, I'm hardly objective.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Shut down the Ravens, did ya? Can you shut down Monta..., um, er Brady and 3 good RB's? Wals.., I mean Belicheck calling the game?

Intrepid, I believe you should be eating SPAM right about now, if memory serves me correctly. I expect a picture of you chowing down be posted in tis thread shortly...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join