It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superbowl champ predictions?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Would you like that fired, or straight from the can?

Folr even more exciting recipes, try this link-
The SPAM cookbook

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well,I am currently watching the Chicgo Bears playing the Green bay Packers.. Green Bay 23, Chicago 0

It doesn't look like Chicago is a Super Bowl contender to me... This is really the first time I watched them. I guess I bought into the hype... If tonight is any indication, there is no way in hell tht Chicago will be in the Super Bowl.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
With New Orleans wrapping up a 1st round bye, it's definately their year.

This reinforces my Saints/Chargers pick!

If this is the only thing we ever agree on, RR, let this be it!

Saints are gonna kill.

[edit on 12/31/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Allright SoT........
Can you say E-A-G-L-E-S...?
Hey there's plenty of room on the Birds band-wagon! In fact I'll save you a seat! I have a nice fancy Eagles soft foam padded seat cushion if you need it.
SoT - Come to the light, come to the light...
Seriously, as an AVID Eagles fan, I am thrilled! I'm under the assumption that the ride probably won't last, however I am enjoying the Philly band-wagon as long as it goes!!!
Wait, this just in!
Saddam executed......
HOLD ON! There's real news!
Cowboys LOSE...
Eagles WIN.....
Hmmm.........
Makes me do some thinkin' here...........
Eagles are the NCF East Champs............
Cowboys aren't...........

Goodness knows, I love this game of football!

SoT and everyone else have a wonderful, happy, SAFE New Year.

You bet we'll talk next week!

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Well more importantly, my beloved Packers finished off the season at .500. At 8-8, things aren't too bad. Considering we were pegged to win two or three games, tops. Favre's career has probably come to a close, and I salute him as he exits.

Matchups

Kansas City vs. Indy
Dallas vs. Seattle

NY Jets vs. New England
NY Giants vs. Philly

I'm taking Indy & Dallas. And I'll go with the Pats and the Giants! Yeah they have been horrible as of late, but I'm seeing greatness from the Manning boys.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Chissler, 3 out of 4 is not bad... I do think that Indy and Dallas and New England will win their first round playoff game. However,I don't know if the Giants will beat Philly or not. Philadelphia is riding on cloud nine right now. I think that they will ultimately get beat in the second round by the Saints, but I look for Philadelphia to beat the Giants..

My first round playoff predictions:

Indianapollis vs. Kansas City. Winner: Indianapollis

Dallas vs. Seattle. Winner: Dallas

N.Y Jets vs. New England. Winner: New England.

N.Y giants vs. Philadelphia. Winner: Philadelphia

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
SoT - I love you man!
The Eagles could certainly beat the Giants. They have what it takes, they just need to play their game. Hopefully Garcia can be the leader he needs to be to make it happen.

And as for you Chissler - I think you're just trying to annoy me at this point.

Stay well guys, and I'll catch you around soon.

Oh by the way did I forget to say:

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!!!

Stay cool
lombozo

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
My first round playoff predictions:

Indianapollis vs. Kansas City. Winner: Indianapollis

Dallas vs. Seattle. Winner: Dallas

N.Y Jets vs. New England. Winner: New England.

N.Y giants vs. Philadelphia. Winner: Philadelphia

I wouldn't be wagering too heavily on Indy. They're going up against a very good RB and you know the problems they have with those. But, they are at home. So I'd give them the nod.

Dallas hasn't blown my skirt up lately, neither has Seattle. Still, the Tuna isn't Belicheck. The Birds to poop on the Boys.

The other 2 I can't argue with.

Week 2 and reality comes crashing to Earth, at least in the AFC.

NE @ SD, Even Belicheck can't win there with the tallent left on this team.

Indy @ Balt.
Peyton.

Philly will get NO, they should win that game. Garcia is back.

Seattle will get Da Bears. Nuff said.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Da Bears, Da Bulls, Ditka!

lombozo, Devil's Advocate my friend. It is a role that I cherish.

Peyton has been amazing every season as of late, and come up short every year. Well this year they faced some adversity, and are not entering the show as the perennial favorite. I think this may work for them, rather than against.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well,if last night was any indication, "Da Bears" are going to "Da House." Last night was the first time this season that I watched the Bears,and I must say, I wasn't impressed. :shk:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Brett Baby! He picked them a part!

Well, it was an all around team effort. But I mean, he maybe retiring. I need this!

With a QB that is consistently inconsistent, you better have a good damn defense. We have been led to believe that the Bears have a strong defense. Well, if that is the case, what happened to it? Where did it go?

I think the bye week through the wild card round is something Chicago is going to use tremendously. They need some time to themselves and straighten this ship out.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well,if last night was any indication, "Da Bears" are going to "Da House." Last night was the first time this season that I watched the Bears,and I must say, I wasn't impressed. :shk:

I didn't get this game on TV but I took GB in my pool. The Bears haven't played for anything in 2 weeks. I assumed that they sat their key players so as to avoid injury. Is that what happened?

I'll stand by the Bears into week 3.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
We all know the expression "...on any given Sunday..." and I don't recall any season going into the playoffs where that was more true. I don't think there is a clear cut favorite. Everybody looks vulnerable. It's wide open, BABY!!!!

Indy will beat KC. They've got Bob Sanders back for this one and he's the difference maker on defense. Yes, he's a safety but he's their hardest hitter and they do not play the same way when he's out. Which he has been for all but 2 or 3 games this year.

KC is not a good road team and the Colts are undefeated at home in the regular season for the first time since 1958 when they were still in Baltimore.

How deep will they go? I think they could go all the way, but I think anyone in the playoffs could if they get on a roll, mainly because I don't see a real juggernaut that can't be beaten. My prediction for the Colts: If they get knocked out, it will be by a team playing the 3-4 defense, regardless of how big a hoss they have at RB.

San Diego with LT and a 3-4, the Colts would meet them in SD. That one scares me.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
My predictions for the upcoming weekend in NFL playoffs:

Indianapolis vs. Kansas City Peyton whips the offense into shape enough to make up for the running of Larry Johnson all over the RCA Dome. Colts, 31-30

Dallas vs. Seattle Tony Romo, welcome to the playoffs. Shaun Alexander, welcome home. Neither team has been playing like they want to win as of late, so I flipped a penny and the edge goes to the Seahawks. Seattle, 14-10

NY Jets vs. New England The Patriots have enjoyed steamrolling over the AFC East these last few seasons. The time has come for a change, and Mangini has whipped his team into believing in themselves, at least enough to pull off this upset. Jets, 24-14

NY Giants vs. Philadelphia Philly has been on an inspiring run these last few weeks, while the Giants seemed to have given up until they met the worst D in Washington since Rummy came to town. The Eagles have over achieved, IMO, and the Giants are far from playing to their potential. This one is my mot likely mistake. Giants 31-24

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
If Romo has his A-game, no one will beat Dallas.. Yeah,I said it and I meant it. However, Dallas will only go as far as Romo can take them. They can't depend on their defense,obviously. :shk:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I have a sneaky feeling that the 'Boys can't rely on Romo to take them deep into the playoffs. He's good, don't get me wrong, but he needs help. I don't see that on that team as it is assembled right now.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Can you believe it? No, can you believe it?

Utterly speechless after watching that. Nobody ever wants to see one person taking the brunt of the criticism for a loss, but that was a perfectly fine snap. This the end of the Big Tuna in Big D?

How about Ty Law's continued domination of Peyton Manning? The kid found a way to get the dubya, but Law has been a one man show when it comes to picking off a one Mr Peyton Manning.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Yesterday, it looked like the 'Boys were going to win the ballgame until Romo went butterfingers and fumbled the snap on what would have been the game winning field goal. However, it was a great game though. As for who I am rooting for on the AFC side of the playoffs, it's quite clear. I am rooting for the J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS! to go into Foxboro and lay the smackdown on the Patriots. If any coach can beat the Patriots twice this season, it has to be Eric "The Mangenius" Mangini. Since the Steelers did not make it into the playoffs after whoopin' up on the Bengals last week, I got to pull for the Ravens and the San Diego Super Chargers. Plus, Cowher resigned on Friday.

As for the Eagles possibly going to Naw 'Lins next week, I have got to go against lombozo and pick the Saints. Not to bash Jeff Garcia and the Philly offense, but Philly may not win this game. I will give Philly the benefit of the doubt though because they do have an offense that will keep them in the game. Plus, if they do get a chance to go to the Big Easy, it will be Donte Stallworth's first game there as an Eagle after the trade back in September. If Philly wants to win next week, they need to find a way and stop one Reginald Bush from getting the ball. That is, do anything like keeping the corner on the line while bringing up Brian Dawkins from the strong safety spot to cover the receivers. If Reggie gets the ball, he will tear up defenses like he was tearing up college teams during his last year with Pete Carroll and USC.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Mangini. I'm a fan and he did a lot this year with very little. But Belichick is Belichick. Not very often I go against Bill, and today will not be the day that I do.

Jeff Garcia ... Eli Manning

Hrmm?

I am truly pulling for the Giants on this one.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The Pats hand the Jets an early exit. I nodded off for most of this game, so other then the fact I had an amazing power nap, I have little to comment on this game.

However Philly and New York are early in the 2nd with the score 7-7. Eli just got picked off and Philly are in the red zone. They'll take the lead here it seems. Will it be by 3 or 7?

...Waiting....Waiting.... 3rd and Goal....Negative.. 4th.....FG is good.

10-7 Philly.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join