It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SADDAM Sentenced to Death by Hanging!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

People who claim that Liberals should be equated with terrorists, ought to be looked at closely by the FBI.

Liberals support terrorists???
How insane and sad at the same time.

DG, I do not support anyone calling Liberals 'terrorist' but honestly it is no different then saying all conservatives (be it moderate or extreme) are 1. all in line with Bush, and 2. hate, war mongering ignorant, uneducated, 'sheep' which, sadly enough on this discussion board I have seen way to much of.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
From what I understand-sorry no link - Sadaam said if he was to die, he wanted to be shot like a solider-a matter of pride and such.

I think the hanging was chosen to humiliate him as well as kill him (IMO)

I think this "MAY" turn him into a martyr-if so lookout.
If things are bad now, they would get much morse.

Is it me and my paranoia, or did the death sentence come out just in time for the elections???

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
they should have tortured him.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
You just have to wonder if these bad desisions being made. We really dont need this we are now gonna make Saddam a rally point posterboy. I would say things were better over there before our interference (like blow the crap out of everything!) now they will be like.

"Long Live Iraq!, Long Live Saddam!"

Put him in prison, better yet let him do an interview from within prison! heheh

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
If they going to hang him in public, there would be a good chance of an attempt to rescue him...

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hooray! Finally justice is about to served and I couldn't be happier. Goodbye Saddam, you won't be missed.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
All you people who are saying "YIPPEE" and "HOORAY" and various other bits of mind boggling filth, This kangaroo court served only one purpose...and you (snip) just confirmed it.

Mod Note: WOT Posting Conduct – Please Review Link.

[edit on 5-11-2006 by mrwupy]
edited...wow, TWO WARNINGS? holy hamburgurs!!!

Nah, You know I can't let that fly...you erase my edits, my words(completely inoffensive to everyone but you), you give me a double warning instead of just one when I was still reasonable. I think you got a mad power trip going on friend...you are a small human. Tiny in every way. You only feel large when you can take away people's words. Know what that makes you? Look it up...
That makes you a Facist...a Nazi, a scum-sucking excuse for a human.
I wish you luck...but, I think you've already made your own luck, I only hope it does not crash head-long into your Karma.
Be at peace

[edit on 5-11-2006 by triptrippington]

[edit on 5-11-2006 by triptrippington]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Actually i agree, they should keep him alive.

I actually wrote what they should do with him while keeping him alive but decided the idea may reflect badly on me, but yes if they kill him i guess it sort of Matyrs him.

Funnily enough there is worse fates than Death.

im glad to see you are just as this world is... politically motivated. bah.

i don't know if you are of the many on here who thinks the things in the news are aired for public "sway," but if so or if not, you have just joined their ranks.

it is not what they should do with him for NON OTHER issue than what he deserves, whether released as and innocent man, convicted and sentenced to life in prison, or convicted and sentenced to death. you should be for what he deserves, not your ridiculous opinion that "...they should keep him alive." that is injustice IF he is guilty. all because you are just like the ones who rule this world.

i will not participate in this thread any longer and will not view any responses.
that is what i do usually anyways, but... you post requires me to write it in words.

DCP

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
do you think Saddam would be a martyr when he starts crying like a baby when the rope goes around his neck??

If he became a martyr whom would he be a martyr against? Muslims were in charge of everything. Are you saying that he will convince other Muslims to kill more Muslims??

how about this for crazy....the judges thankful for all that Bush and (most)Americans did for them, they wanted to try to pay them back by announcing their verdict when they did?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Ever stop to consider that without the WMD we really had no legal basis to invade his country? Yeah, the WMD that's still not there and never will be there?

When the war started I was ecstatic for this day. I have woken up since then, and it makes me sick.

Saddam did bad things. There's no questioning this. But when does it stop? How many other countries to we overthrow and sentence their former leaders under a kangaroo court, huh?

Yeah, Bush was so sure. Watch the shows his funny side, joking about looking for WMD under his carpet and in his desk, etc. Yeah, we got a real winner.

I have having an increasingly hard time differentiating between the liars and those who parrot their lies.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Brilliant... just friggen brilliant.
Saddam is about to become a martyr.
His words will now outlive him to be taken up by dissatisfied Iraqis. They are going to remember him as the man who gave his live to keep the American Opressors out of Iraq.

By hanging Saddam, they will make him larger than life. His memory as a martyr is much more dangerous than he ever could be in a cell.

Killing him is just effing stupid.

YES I agree with you 100% they should just lock him up to be forgotten about!!! Dont get me wrong I believe he should be dead.

But in this case I think he should just be locked up until he dies in jail!!!!! Have you seen how people are reacting to his word when being sentenced in court???

Alex

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
no one should be put to death, he should have to serve the public of iraq
in some way for the rest of his life.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by u4itornot
no one should be put to death, he should have to serve the public of iraq
in some way for the rest of his life.

I like the cut of your jib young citizen...maybe the world aint doomed after all.
Whoops...had to make this two lines at least

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
We don't allow any sort of insults. NONE whatsoever. Discuss the topic and avoid discussing other members.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

Separately…
How typical of our allegedly “fee” collectively owned, mass media that pictures of jumping Iraqi children where being shown all over our news. Apparently they were jumping in delight of Saddam’s execution announcement. Or was it the adults who could be glimpsed chucking sweets in the background?

I'm glad you brought this up.
While the MSM in the US seems to be slanted one way only, other opinions are formulating outside of the country.

Saddam Verdict Opinion Differs Worldwide

In Pakistan, an opposition religious coalition claimed American forces have caused more deaths in Iraq in the past 3 1/2 years than Saddam did during his 23-year rule, and insisted Bush should stand trial for war crimes.

``Who will punish the Americans and their lackeys who have killed many more people than Saddam Hussein?'' asked Hafiz Hussain Ahmed, a senior lawmaker from the Mutahida Majlis-e-Amal coalition, which is critical of Pakistan's military cooperation with the United States.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Saddam Verdict Opinion Differs Worldwide

HI I have tried to use the link you provided but the access is restricted you have to be a member to view the link, do you have another URL address available please???

Thanks Alex

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by alex1981

HI I have tried to use the link you provided but the access is restricted you have to be a member to view the link, do you have another URL address available please???

Thanks Alex

I am so sorry. I didn't know it would be membership required.

Try This One

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
the people that are going to rise up over this would have done so either way. i would rather have a dead enemy than a live one. the fact that this verdict was set 2 days before the mid terms was extremly predictable same as oil drops... we all know the game and both sides play it. iraq was just an excuse for military bases for the upcoming war with iran. let the games begin.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Saddam did alot of evil things but there is something far worse that hanging him..........Exile....in FRANCE **Shudders**

For real though... Hang em High! Thats Texas justice baby

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
to me in an actual since saddam hadnt done anything wrong. all he did was control his country how he wanted. he didnt have WMDs like first claimed.

an in actually this is the first time someone has came to a country took out the president brought him to the states and back.

thats kinda like someone coming into your house taking you out an say you yell at your kids to much. then have someone that hates you decide what to do.

most of the iraqis didnt mind having him in power, you have nothing to hate if your not doing anything wrong

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join