It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SADDAM Sentenced to Death by Hanging!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterJedi
You can't negotiate without extreme prejudice in a situation where the enemy has a fanatical stance. If you think you can, you are deluded.

They say you can change someones mind easily, but and ideal is worth dying for. Well then let them. They consider it such an honor to die for their beliefs, accomodate them!

2 cants

Lets not throw stones and show the 'enemy' as the only fanatical peoples in this war. Sending over troops and occupying a nation based on false acusations and an unquenchable desire to set up governments that better suit the needs of more prosperous and 'enlightened' countries seems a bit fanatical to me.

Refusing to admit to wrong and rather 'staying the course' in something which has obviously been riddeled with mistakes and error while even persons of high command freely admit to mistakes which have been made. That seems a little fanatical to me.

And lets not be so quick to "run and gun" through Iraq. We pass such quick judgement by saying that they want to die because they hate America. If a nation were to invade U.S. soil in the future and oust a government of tyrrany and corruption and then stay around and see to the deaths of tens of thousands of our civilians as a result of 'collateral damage' I think that our response would be close to the same as the people attacking U.S. troops.

They don't have access to computer programmed and laser guided missiles but they do have roadside bombs which can be easily made and ambush tactics. We are quick to call them all terrorists (insurgents to be correct but we use those words interchangeably these days) but if given the same situation we would defend our land as "terrorists".

It is fine to have bad feelings towards them for the deaths of "our boys". But it is not fine to see them as this evil and horrible collaboration of people who want to kill for the sake of killing. It's very easy to throw around hate when you aren't on the recieving side of a "botched" air strike.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I would be surprised if it's really Saddam who gets hanged. They'll probably make a deal with him behind the scenes because he still has enormous intelligence value.

The person they hang will not be Saddam IMO.

Peace

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
According to Aristotle, nothing that we percieve on this earth is real.
As such, despite DNA evidence to the contrary, your point is what exactly?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well I got a few questions:

PrisonPlanet

Saddam's fate is sealed but what about those of his accomplices and business partners? Some of the very Neo-Cons that still control the White House today and armed Saddam and enabled him to build up a power base in the first place, but they will milk this for all it's worth before Tuesday's mid-terms.

Is it really all about Crime & Punishment - or is it just about Elections & Power?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
How foolish of me to think that the government could lie and just tell us it was him/his DNA.

Look, you either believe everything our government and media tells us to be true or you don't......I don't.

Peace

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You have voted Souljah for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Score 18 extra votes for Bushco.
Pathetically see-through campaign move.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I love the liberals.....

Please do not attempt to derail this thread again.

Mod Note: WOT Posting Conduct – Please Review Link.

[edit on 5-11-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTrain
liberals..... more irrelevant ranting etc

Emmm.. are you replying to the right thread?
Using foul language is not going to help your opinion.

There were million other naughty words you could have used.Instead you opted to call me(I,m assuming, since you didn,t quote anyone) a disgusting political bleeper.

I,m an anarchist through and through I,ll have you know.

I dont think the sentence is under question. just the amazing timing.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Is ther a way to educate someone who believes that GOD says to die in defense of their version of him? I mean its obvious a little Algebra isn't gonna change these peoples way of thinking. But if you think you can talk rationally to someone who is willing to walk into a cafe with a bomb strapped to them, then by all means I think you should go over there and try... in fact take all your brethren who feel the same way.

As far as being called a Nazi... Thats a little uncalled for wouldn't you think? Just because I think they they should be eradicated. I also feel that the Jew should get out of Isreal...Does that me me antisemite/unamerican? No I just feel they have no claim to the land when someone else lived there in the 2000 years in between. Should I be able to go back and take my childhood home back just because I once lived there?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
What a shame for George Bush that he can’t execute the need for a Saddam?
At the height of Saddam’s power (pre 1991) Iraqi living standards were on path with those in Western Europe and indeed better than those in many states of America. 92% Iraqi literacy, 93% access to free health care, and over 30 years of stable government (in stark contrast to the 23 coos Iraq had experienced since 1933).
Saddam executed and tortured the religious fundamentalist before they could behead, torture and execute secular people not too dissimilar to you and me. Saddam also gave Iraq a sense of national unity; Iraqi media would reinforced for over 30 years the message “we are all Iraqi”.

Now that Saddam is doomed the task is to find another Saddam (if there is one). To explain why this is needed, and why democracy in a country where over 60% of the population is fundamentalist is a fast. We must save Iraq from Iran, save it from religious extremism, save it from currently continuing poverty and civil almost genocidal conflict.

We must help the west find a government that will suit the interests of Israel and the region, because without it suiting Israel the West led by America, in turn led by those disproportionately powerful within, will not be interested.
The only thing we can do is come up good solutions in the hope they may be adopted, and send our wishes to those individual Resistance fighters who are still opposing the progress-rule of the religious fundamentalists.

Had we lifted U.N sanctions, and kept Saddam in power then Iraq would surely have caught up with where it left of in 1991. The task is to find someone (anyone) who can leave Iraq in that situation again, whilst simultaneously oppressing the hand of extremism.

Separately…
How typical of our allegedly “fee” collectively owned, mass media that pictures of jumping Iraqi children where being shown all over our news. Apparently they were jumping in delight of Saddam’s execution announcement. Or was it the adults who could be glimpsed chucking sweets in the background?
Like: The Saddam’s human paper shredder story, the incubator, the exaggerations on the number of people he killed, and omitting of information on why he killed them, the toppling of Saddam’s statue by a flown in mob, the WMD we were sure Saddam had, and knew we were going to find even months after the invasion, the one thing Saddam’s treatment by the Western press is how utterly bias, coordinated, and utterly evil in denying people the information they need to make up their opinions it actually is. Thanks be to men like Rupert Murdoch; although he is sadly far from alone.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

That 650,000 casualty number is HIGHLY questionable, and is being examined as we speak, sir

Because Bush and Blair have killed so many in Iraq, they didn't bother to keep count. Now that is YOUR problem if you refuse to accept a very scientific survey that used the same methodology as in Kosovo and over 90% of those interviewed produced death certificates.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Sorry there is an earlier thread posted on this topic.

Saddam Hussein receives the death penalty

Please use that thread for further comments.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
I,m an anarchist through and through I,ll have you know

I KNEW there was a reason I like you...

I had a mentor once that was a Nihilist and he taught me caring for nothing is not the same as being uncaring.

Back to our regular scheduled mud slinging and hate mongering...

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
thats one tyrent about to be killed justiced for thousends of people)
but what about justice for the thousends of other people, when do we see the tyrent bush in court and then hanged or shot?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
As someone who has lived in Iraq for more than 10 years, I can assure you that at least 95% of the population are now celebrating as a result of this verdict. It does, however, make some Iraqi's more angry at the US because they have now succeeded in ridding the world of Saddam. Those select few don't want to see the US succeed in anything, let alone seeing a man who was once their leader go under dirt under Bush's watch.

I'm with you on that brother. This is exactly what the sane people have been saying all along. However, when you factor in liberal democrats here in the U.S., it's more than just a select few that don't want to see the us succeed at anything and fail at everything. The terrorists in Iraq need to be crushed so the good people of Iraq can prosper in peace.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This whole thing is a joke. Right before the elections the one would we could catch is sentenced to be hanged for "crimes against humanity"
I still am not understanding where the authority of this court came from. I still have doubts over if this is the "Real Saddam". Meanwhile another martyr is born. You have to remember martyrs are all about marketing and not reality. With Saddam our "enemies
" have a tailor made icon. A man who ran his country his way, who stood up the Western powers, and someone who didn't fear death from them.

I can't wait for the OBEY Saddam art.

So when is Clinton getting hanged for Timothy McVeigh? Or when is Bush getting hanged for the hundreds of people that were killed on death row under his watch in Texas? I mean this trial sets a precident for international law so when do we pay the piper?

By the way, did anyone notice how staged the footage was on CNN this morning? The minute long clip of the kids dancing around. If you looked the left and right of your frame you'd see a couple of big arab guys in white shirts coaching the kids on what to do and walking through the crowd. Also, the next clip you see several Arabs watching a news report announcing Saddam getting sentenced and their clapping and they keep looking back behind the camera and at one point one guy stands up blocking the TV and a arm comes from off screen grabbing him and roughly pulling him back down into his chair. Also, if Baghdad or Iraq in general are on lockdown, where are these people celebrating? Also, a bunch of kids randomly dancing in the street for the murder the Sadaam? What the hell? Is that just a little strange to anyone? Think about it for a second. When you go out and walk around your towns, do you see groups of two or three dozen kids are grouped together like that? Do you think they would randomly jump up and down under similar circumstances? Also, there were camera guys around, they probably just wanted to get on TV. The whole thing is a joke.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
As someone who has lived in Iraq for more than 10 years, I can assure you that at least 95% of the population are now celebrating as a result of this verdict.

Funny, firing shots at the air is perhaps a celebration...but at each other... Tell me another one.

This is another "show" Its show time!!!!!

They fooled me, i guess they didnt have time to come up with an Osama Lookalike, so a fake Saddam is not bad for the "show"

What did Saddam ever do to YOU?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by War_Monger
I'm with you on that brother. This is exactly what the sane people have been saying all along. However, when you factor in liberal democrats here in the U.S., it's more than just a select few that don't want to see the us succeed at anything and fail at everything. The terrorists in Iraq need to be crushed so the good people of Iraq can prosper in peace.

Did you really just equate the liberal democrats with terrorists? What makes you say that democrats want to see the U.S. fail at everything?

This is just as offensive and ignorant as calling someone a terrorist because they are of middle-eastern decent.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
People who claim that Liberals should be equated with terrorists, ought to be looked at closely by the FBI.

In this land of ours we have two parties. Democrats and Republicans. Shut the radio off and read some history books. Get yourself an education on how this country's been run prior to Bush & Co. It would still be run that way if it werent for a hate-filled minority adoring Bu#es, and followers of talking heads who do nothing but spew insanities and divide this country further.

Last time i looked outside it was still the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Liberals support terrorists???
How insane and sad at the same time.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Crow
Nice timing cons.

Too bad this isn't going to keep you in power come November 7.

Political ignorance.

One would have to assume the people of this country are intelligent enough to know that it was not an American military tribunal but a select jury of Iraqi people...

Please explain how seeing Saddam hanging from the gallows (which he most likely will not be executed for a while anyways) persuade me to vote for Republicans? .. If anything the "cons" as you wished to put it would be portrayed in poor light by the method in which they plan to kill the poor bastard.

But go on, anything good or bad in this world surly is placed around someones schedule, some people must have all the luck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join