It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please show me a ''real'' pic of saturn.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dracmoor
if it is just a gas giant thing like some of you are saying then why do a lot of the jupiter pics look real to me.

Then what about Neptune from Voyager 2, Neptune from Hubble ST or Uranus from Voyager 2

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I also agree with selfless (I think it was who started the thread) in that the pics so far
looked photoshopped or a simulation like you would see in a good quality video game
or as a backdrop in a science fiction movie. Kind of cartoonish/manmade for want of
a better term.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I too agree with the OP, and think it's a valid suspicion to suspect NASA is doctoring photos. I can see where some of the pictures posted look more "real" while some are just more picture perfect, smooth and lack detail. Some are illuminating, and look more real....to me anyway
It's like they glow, and other photo's do not seem to glow. I am not here to argue, although I find it hard to believe that only a few people understand what Selfless is trying to communicate.

I noticed there was a huge range in color variation when I searched for pictures of Saturn myself. I'm by no means qualified to comment on that, but maybe someone can tell why that is? Is it glare from the sun, or other stars?
Still learning

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
All the pictures of the Moon are clearly doctored too because they all look a lot sharper than the picture's I've taken .....

It's simply a matter of imagfe processing. And if the pictures we've taken of Saturn were all fuzzy you'd simply be saying that that must be a conspiracy because why aren't they clearer? Poor ol' NASA just can't win ....

(btw if the original NASA pics were fake, don't you think a serious astronomer would have noticed by now?
)

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
No offense Selfless/, but it does seem sort of useless to
request pictures of something, and than when you get them,
say they're fake because they're from one of the most official
space agencies in the worldd, that has no reason to create 'fake'
pictures of Saturn.

Probably he´s been following jonh lear´s thread, Mr. Lear says that if we the people could go to venus, moon, mars, jupiter , saturn, etc we would find civilizations much more advanced than our own ans that nasa hides this info from us all...yeah!

He also says that there is a 7 mile high sould collector on the moon...the place where our souls go when we die...

yes, I´ve been reading about his ideas too
I think he is a nice pearson and could write great science fiction books...

fred

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is what I don't get about a lot of conspiracy related issues--where do you draw the line between healthy distrust and pure paranoia? I mean, I'm sure a lot of the pictures here have been touched up in someway or another, sharpened, contrast adjustments, etc. If I were sending out pics from a satellite I was in charge of, I'd want them to look pretty good myself.

I know the debate on how trustworthy nasa is (or isn't) is worth a whole series of long threads in it's own right, but what else is there? Where else can you get a high-res, close up image of a planet? The other governmental space agencies surely can't be trusted either. As a previous poster said, that leaves personal, land based photos--grab a camera and a telescope, figure out how to hook the two together, and show us what the "real" Saturn looks like instead of just telling everyone that what they're taking the time to show you is fake.

What would a "real" picture look like to you anyways? What makes these look "computer generated" or "fake"? Can you explain the actual difference?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Okay, doctoring photos of moons is one thing, there is a visible surface that could harbor civs in some cases. Saturn however is a gas giant. Gas giants are unlikely to harbor civilizations on their surface because the surface is gas, straight in to the core. Even if a civilization were advanced enough to create a society on the 'surface' tha could withstand the immense gravity, the violent winds, and the toxic atmosphere, we wouldn't see it from that vantage point, so there's no need to generate false images of the full planet view.

Critical thinking people!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Finaly someone mentioned the reason for this thread. John Lear.
John Lear said, (loose quote) "If you saw a real picture of Saturn you would not be able to function as a human being for days" or something like that.
When asked for a real pic, he says "I dont have one".

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Is Saturn the planet where they harvest souls..... or is that Uranus

No seriously, what is it about Saturn specifically?

Edn

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
You dont trust nasa but you ask for cassini pictures of it.

btw selfless I asked you to trust me because I have seen Saturn and it does indeed look like the pictures posted here, even the computer generated one made by

You'll also notice if you look to the picture by cassini and the CG one the don't look similar you can easily tell which one is CG and which isn't, its all in the rings detail.

If I may ask a question what are you asking for when you say you want detailed pictures of Saturn? You have to remember how big planets are, your simply not going to get high detail pictures because youd have to take a few thousand photos and piece them together and build it up into a very very high resolution and the only people currently capable of doing that are NASA, ESA & Russia.

Like has been mentioned before stop being an ass and go to an observatory and see for yourself, if you cant back up your theory that Saturn photos are fake by actually taking a look at the planet then everything you argue about has no merit.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Selfless,

You could contact your local high school's astronomy club & get to see Saturn yourself & it would probably only cost you donating some time or supplying transportation to & from the observation site. I know because I was in the astronomy club at my H.S.

You can get involved with a college level group. You could rent time a many observatories, etc. . . Here's one that you can access remotely for a price;

www.arnierosner.com...

It's obvious that you won't accept any substitute, so go get a photo for yourself. It's not hard. . .

Otherwise you will be left in the dilemma you're presently in, pulling your hair out, and wondering if a picture like this is real. Good luck.
2PacSade-

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Its really there, I've seen it through my telescope

Unless that was a prop they put in the atmosphere to fool us???

Its a really stunning thing to see through a scope, Reall stunning :-)

I could even see its Moons (they just look like stars)

Jupiter is really cool to look at too

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Ignorant ape,

The only pic i see of saturn in that link you gave me is a infrared pic of saturn so where is the real pic?

You really did take everything i said out of context if you don't believe me read the whole thread from start to end.

And btw that u2u was a peace offering, i wanted for us to have peace i did not want to insult you and i won't insult you i am not like you.

The only usefull and true thing you said so far was that you want me to ignore you, well i tried to be friends with you and work out our differences but you just dismiss it so for that you can talk with your self ape, you are now ignored.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Sorry to be picky but its computer NOT computor

If you want to try and pick holes in the establishment, and try and get your point across the very first thing you need to do is start spelling things right.

I'm not saying this to be awkward, its advice - because right from the get-go if people see you making the same mistake over and over - even when its spelt right elsewhere - they won't take you seriously regardless of how valid your points might be.

Im sorry, i didn't realise that the whole world spoke english? i guess im the only one who's not english?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoopnfunk
www.physlink.com...

Thanks man, this one looks more real then the ones people showed me before

But it's still not a close up so im not giving up on getting that pic yet.

Again thanks for just ignoring the bickering and just straight out give me a pic that really does look like a real pic.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Waht makes that image more realistic than the one I supplied on page 1? Aside from it being blurry.

BTW, it's blurry because the image is being seen through the atmosphere. Out in space, the edges are crisp and clean. Maybe that's why you think it's CGI. And, back to the point (i guess) why would a full planetary view of saturn need to be faked?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Jeremiah25,

You are right, all i want is a real pic of saturn close up and so far i have not seen that.

I don't care if it has ufo's in them, that's not my point here, i just want to see a real looking pic of saturn up close wether it's from nasa or not but if it doesn't look real to me and it's from nasa please don't think im only dismissing it because of it's source.
Im prety sure the only pic i seen of saturn that looks real so far comes from nasa but it's still not a close up.

Im sorry if my intentions got drifted along the lines of saying nasa released fake images of saturn.

So please if you are still willing and have what appears to be a real pic of saturn close up, post it on here.

By the way, i couldn't see the links you gave me, it freezes my computor every time i click on them....

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by derfred33

Originally posted by iori_komei
No offense Selfless/, but it does seem sort of useless to
request pictures of something, and than when you get them,
say they're fake because they're from one of the most official
space agencies in the worldd, that has no reason to create 'fake'
pictures of Saturn.

Probably he´s been following jonh lear´s thread, Mr. Lear says that if we the people could go to venus, moon, mars, jupiter , saturn, etc we would find civilizations much more advanced than our own ans that nasa hides this info from us all...yeah!

He also says that there is a 7 mile high sould collector on the moon...the place where our souls go when we die...

yes, I´ve been reading about his ideas too
I think he is a nice pearson and could write great science fiction books...

fred

Huh no, this has nothing to do with john lear.....

This has to do with me looking for pics of saturn out of interest and thinking to my self, they can't seriously expect us to believe those are real pics? Regardless of ufo's in them or not it's not the issue, it's the pic it self that looks fake.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2PacSade
Selfless,

You could contact your local high school's astronomy club & get to see Saturn yourself & it would probably only cost you donating some time or supplying transportation to & from the observation site. I know because I was in the astronomy club at my H.S.

You can get involved with a college level group. You could rent time a many observatories, etc. . . Here's one that you can access remotely for a price;

www.arnierosner.com...

It's obvious that you won't accept any substitute, so go get a photo for yourself. It's not hard. . .

Otherwise you will be left in the dilemma you're presently in, pulling your hair out, and wondering if a picture like this is real. Good luck.
2PacSade-

Ah yes i could do that but it would not be an up close picture of saturn, it would only be a far distance view of saturn and it wouldn't be different from the amateur pictures of saturn in google that are very small.

And btw, i live a place where there is no observatories well at least not with in more then 6 hours drive i would say or even more.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hey there selfless, I want you to know I understand your confusion on this issue. I used to be semi-professional 3d CG artist, I have done commercials and used lightwave 3D the same program used to make a lot of science fiction TV shows and movies. It is great for doing outer space planet scenes. I think what the problem is that what you are seeing is the post processing NASA has to do to make these pictures so nice and crisp. A detailed picture needs a certain amount of light. When shots are taken that far out beyond the sun, and a picture of such scope (capturing a gas giant) it is bound to look like it has been CG. It doesn’t mean it has, remember if a picture can be made on a computer with the kind of detail modern software and hardware has provided, editing a real picture is child’s play.

My point is there is not a reason for them to fake the entire shot. They can just edit the shots that have been taken. I hope this helps.

Regards, LGM

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join