Please show me a ''real'' pic of saturn.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Our 4 "Gas Giants" are so big because what we see is an outer shell, much larger than the planet it hides. Why does it hide? It doesn't hide, the outer shell is multi functional "sphere" encapsulating the planet. A giant solar panel, a huge electromagnetic generator, a shield. It also serves to capture the heat generated by the planets rotation which can be vented from the poles.

That's why they are where they are in relation to the other planets and their functions, out in the reaches of the solar system, several light hours from the Sun.

The advanced civilizations have complete control of their energy demands, weather and seasons if they desire such a thing and much more.

Oh no! My bad, it's all gas.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Then so be it, redicule me all you want it's not gonna change anything, im still gonna filter throught all this useless bickering and pay attention to the people who provides me with what looks more like a real picture of saturn then a fake computer generated image or edited from a real one.

So continiue to waste your time by making fun of me please, it will only make the contributors of this thread who take it seriously more valuable.

Fair enough, all ridiculing aside, what is it about the images that make them look CGI? Is it just a feeling? Is it any specific charecteristic? Maybe if you could help us understand why they don't look real you may be able to change some of our minds about the images, and get us to see what you see.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
SELFLESS

Everyone on here has showed you a picture and it seems to me..from someone who has read every post on this thread..That no matter what is giving to you...your never going to except any of them...so i say quit asking other ppl to go out and do your dirty work and go out and find your own picture that YOU will believe are real...quit your pointless ranting about "ohhh i think this one is pretty real, but i still get that fake after taste from it" crap....I HONESTLY DONT KNOW Y I JUST CONTRIBUITED TO YOUR POINTS, BUT I DID JUST WANT TO SAY SHUT UP AND GO FIND YOUR OWN PICTURES!!!!....specially when ppl went out of there way to show you some photos...and all you can say is there cgi...i really dont care if im not adding anything to the integraty of this thread...im just sick of reading your crappy responses to everyones post's....Buy a spaceship and do us a favor and go settle on planet dumb@ss

[edit on 23-10-2006 by Skeptik1st]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Selfless,

I can’t do anything about your mistrust of NASA or the Cassini photo’s. I might be able to help you understand the images a little better. I am a working CGI professional with 19 years of experience. My wife is and award winning photographer and I have 20 years experience as an amateur. I’m more advanced than many professionals’ are. We use both film and digital equipment all Nikon Professional bodies and lenses. I can not blame you for your mistrust of photos on the web. There is a lot of abuse and outright fraud especially where UFO photos are concerned. It has made me very skeptical myself.

On your monitor you are viewing these images at 72 dpi (dots per inch). Your eye fills in the area in between so you are unaware you are viewing a series of dot’s. The same goes for images printed from your computer. I print at 300 dpi or above. When I need the extra detail I routinely print at 1200 dpi. When you make a print from film it is continuous coverage (not dots). Because of this the digital image appears too perfect and too real at times. A lot of the tiny detail is missing and even though you can not see that it is missing visibly your eye picks up on that and there is something not quite right about the image. Especially high quality uncompressed images. Most images you see on the Internet are highly compressed and have many artifacts making them look a lot less than perfect. When you see a high quality compressed image or a raw uncompressed image it looks to good to you because you are used to seeing the garbage usually shown on the Internet of necessity to keep the file size small. Internet images are also generally sharpened through various methods to compensate for the lower quality of a digital image when compared to a film image. A negative contains more information than a digital scanner is capable of picking up. I have read it would take a scan of near 38,000 dpi to equal film quality. A 38,000 dpi (optical not through interpolation) scan of a 35mm negative would be such a huge file, your computer could not even open it. I scan at 4,800 dpi (optical) to produce print images at up to 11inches x 14 inches, which works out about right. So you see the 72dpi images you are viewing will never look as real as a print from a negative.

I’ve spent the last couple of hours at the Cassini site looking at both raw and full quality .tif images. There are many close-ups of Saturn’s surface and rings. I also did a search and looked at some photos from telescopes. Of course the telescope photos will never compare to the high quality digital images from Cassini. I see no reason whatsoever to believe the images are not real. They are much clearer than the telescope photos but that is to be expected. The telescope photos are shot through the atmosphere and from a much greater distance.

The Cassini images show no sign of any manipulation whatsoever. There is no sharpening and they have not been altered in my opinion. Because they are digital and not sharpened, or corrected they will look to smooth to you. You are just viewing a digital image taken by a good camera that has been unaltered. You are used to seeing garbage photos taken by consumer level cameras. Don’t let the megapixel numbers on these consumer cameras confuse you. A 5.1 megapixel image from a professional camera is so far superior to a 8 megapixel image from a consumer camera that there is no comparison. I currently shoot at about 12 megapixel and there are large format digital studio cameras now that can shoot at 3 times that.

My Conclusion: These Cassini images are authentic. The raw images show no sign of manipulation. These are the best photos you will find until there is a future mission with even better equipment. No image from a telescope will ever equal these images. Skepticism is a good thing until it crosses the line into unfounded paranoia. If you are convinced that all Saturn photos are fake and that every Astronomer on Earth is in the conspiracy then nobody will be able to show you a photo you think is real. Do you need the points for some reason or are you really this paranoid? Maybe you should take a break from conspiracy boards for a while. I don't mean this as an insult or a dig. If you immerse yourself in these boards too much it is not healthy.

Here are two links to close-ups. The first is a raw file and my favorite of the ones I viewed.
pic link 1
pic link 2

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
Our 4 "Gas Giants" are so big because what we see is an outer shell, much larger than the planet it hides. Why does it hide? It doesn't hide, the outer shell is multi functional "sphere" encapsulating the planet. A giant solar panel, a huge electromagnetic generator, a shield. It also serves to capture the heat generated by the planets rotation which can be vented from the poles.

Where did you get this information. What are your proof(s)?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptik1st
SELFLESS

Everyone on here has showed you a picture and it seems to me..from someone who has read every post on this thread..That no matter what is giving to you...your never going to except any of them...so i say quit asking other ppl to go out and do your dirty work and go out and find your own picture that YOU will believe are real...quit your pointless ranting about "ohhh i think this one is pretty real, but i still get that fake after taste from it" crap....I HONESTLY DONT KNOW Y I JUST CONTRIBUITED TO YOUR POINTS, BUT I DID JUST WANT TO SAY SHUT UP AND GO FIND YOUR OWN PICTURES!!!!....specially when ppl went out of there way to show you some photos...and all you can say is there cgi...i really dont care if im not adding anything to the integraty of this thread...im just sick of reading your crappy responses to everyones post's....Buy a spaceship and do us a favor and go settle on planet dumb@ss

[edit on 23-10-2006 by Skeptik1st]

hello friend,

I am happy with some of the pictures you guys showed me but i would still like to see a real up close photo of saturn and those i saw were either edited from the real thing to appear more crisp or they were just a reproduction computer made so i am still looking for a good picture of saturn close up

Edn

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Got to agree, you wont get far without backing up your clams that some pictures of Saturn are fake. So why do you think there fake/edited?

You said:

maybe they are edited pictures of the real thing so it looks more crisp.

Thats just silly, your basicaly suggestion then that recent pictures of Earth must be fake because they look sharper than older pictures. Its called technological advancements as cameras get better so does the quality.

Again on a nice still night you can get a very sharp picture of Saturn.

As for closeups of Saturn please don't make me repeat myself I have already explained why there arnt any but i'll give you an example that anyone should be able to do.

Go to your local airport and take a picture of a large plane now you have a problem because to get it all in you have to sacrifice distance therefor you wont get as much detail out of it. Now go right up to the plane and take 50 photographs of it in sections once your done piecing them together you will have your very large but detailed image of the plane, but wait.. what detail? there isnt much to see on a plane anyway. As I explained in my previous post NASA have no need and don't want to waste there time taking a few thousand photos of gas thats all the same theres much more interesting things to explore right now.

If you like you can always have the ESA start a mission to photograph the entire planed in detail I don't think it will cost you more then a few hundred million maybe and 5-8 years of your life.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You guys don’t need to be mean to selfless. selfless is good person otherwise he/she wouldn’t be using a name like selfless, to me that interprets to in service to others and not to just the self. Just because a person is perceiving something differently than you does not indicate intelligence either. Calling someone stupid without having enough forethought to figure they are on a different track than you does indicate stupidity though.

selfless is stating that there may be more to this than meets the eye. I am not agreeing with this hypothesis, but how do you rule it out? Have you been close enough to Saturn to state that selfless is Wong? You have seen a blurry image through a telescope, but have not seen the real deal.

I think selfless came here, because he/she felt that there might be some astrologists out there that have some pictures that are clear to make an independent decision. Have some empathy and some heart, if everyone was just alike it would be a pretty boring world wouldn’t it?

Looks like I am the only person here that has the guts to defend someone that is trying to think independently!

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
My Conclusion: These Cassini images are authentic. The raw images show no sign of manipulation. These are the best photos you will find until there is a future mission with even better equipment. No image from a telescope will ever equal these images. Skepticism is a good thing until it crosses the line into unfounded paranoia. If you are convinced that all Saturn photos are fake and that every Astronomer on Earth is in the conspiracy then nobody will be able to show you a photo you think is real. Do you need the points for some reason or are you really this paranoid? Maybe you should take a break from conspiracy boards for a while. I don't mean this as an insult or a dig. If you immerse yourself in these boards too much it is not healthy.

H

Please keep in mind that i am not dismissing the photo's because they don't have ufo's in them, i am not being paranoid i just want to see a real photo of saturn up close that has not been edited to look more crisp or a computer simulation of the real thing.

The quality of the pic it self is not the reason i think it's not the original pic.
it's mostly because in all the official pics i'v seen they are different in colors and in constancy with the others. they don't look real because if you look at another gas giant or another planet or another moon for that matter that was taken by a launched probe, those pictures looks way more real then a close up of the entire planet saturn.

It's just my personal opinion that the close up pics of saturn are not the original source of the picture but i am not forcing anyone to agree with me on this i just hope that people would stop insulting others just because they don't agree with them.

Got to keep an open mind.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You know I agree with selfless. NASA must be altering/creating those photos. The last time I went to Saturn it looked nothing like that!

Seriously though man I have seen some grade-A explanations of why the photos don't look, how you put it, "real". You know if you thought they looked CGI, thats OK. Don't feel embarrassed or responsible for continuing this faulty logic that they are fraudulent. The guys here are really nice when you say, "You know what, I was wrong." This coming from first hand experience.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
You guys don’t need to be mean to selfless. selfless is good person otherwise he/she wouldn’t be using a name like selfless, to me that interprets to in service to others and not to just the self. Just because a person is perceiving something differently than you does not indicate intelligence either. Calling someone stupid without having enough forethought to figure they are on a different track than you does indicate stupidity though.

selfless is stating that there may be more to this than meets the eye. I am not agreeing with this hypothesis, but how do you rule it out? Have you been close enough to Saturn to state that selfless is Wong? You have seen a blurry image through a telescope, but have not seen the real deal.

I think selfless came here, because he/she felt that there might be some astrologists out there that have some pictures that are clear to make an independent decision. Have some empathy and some heart, if everyone was just alike it would be a pretty boring world wouldn’t it?

Looks like I am the only person here that has the guts to defend someone that is trying to think independently!

thats crap...he came here looking for pictures of saturn thats exactly what everyone gave him, but he refuses to believe and also to give answers as to y he thinks they are fake...thats really nice of you to come to his rescue but im sure he needs no babysitter

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
thank you LoneGunMan for explaining the situation properly, as i will learn better english perhaps i will be able to express my self better and conflicts won't be caused out of missinterpretations.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Blaine those pictures are great! Make the mind go wow, look at the magnitude of that planet! Thanks for the pics. selfless that was a good explanation that Blain made of what is being seen on your monitor.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
thank you LoneGunMan for explaining the situation properly, as i will learn better english perhaps i will be able to express my self better and conflicts won't be caused out of missinterpretations.

No problem there friend. What is your native language by the way?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nihilist Fiend
The guys here are really nice when you say, "You know what, I was wrong." This coming from first hand experience.

Ah but you missinterpret my purpose, im trying to find a real pic of saturn, i am not trying to be right on anything.

Every pics that i will see of saturn will contribute to my goal :0

Im the last person to cause a debate for the purpose of causing a debate. the perception
of my purpose is always torn appart when i try to make a thread :0

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

How about this one? Sure looks real to me.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

No problem there friend. What is your native language by the way?

Français.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptik1st

thats crap...he came here looking for pictures of saturn thats exactly what everyone gave him, but he refuses to believe and also to give answers as to y he thinks they are fake...thats really nice of you to come to his rescue but im sure he needs no babysitter

Hello again friend,

here is the explaination that you missed as to why i think they are not real.

The quality of the pic it self is not the reason i think it's not the original pic.
it's mostly because in all the official pics i'v seen they are different in colors and in constancy with the others. they don't look real because if you look at another gas giant or another planet or another moon for that matter that was taken by a launched probe, those pictures looks way more real then a close up of the entire planet saturn.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

How about this one? Sure looks real to me.

Thanks delta, this one sure looks like it could possibly be real.

It looks more real then fake.

Again, thank you for this image.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Here are two links to close-ups. The first is a raw file and my favorite of the ones I viewed.
pic link 1
pic link 2

Thanks for those pics they are great.

Those looks more real then fake that's for sure.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by selfless]

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join