It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: NASA tracking object near shuttle!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
My god......this becomes more exiting by the minute.....

[edit on 20/9/2006 by rai76]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
The Briefing didn't feel right and they took like five questions that just didn't seem right either.

I thought it was just me, but yes, they looked very stiff and pent up.
Sometimes they appeared, to me, to be listening to a fourth person (that being, the translator was the third person).
Most of the talk of objects was not of the current objects in question, but of "other" normal debris found around the shuttle.
And then it was off to the weather for the wrap-up, kinda ironic I thought.

Edit to say: My perception of of their persona could have just been a don't like the speakin' thing as well.

Misfit

[edit on 20/9/06 by Misfit]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I can't believe this, have you listened to what is actually being said on the news? I mean no disrespect to our NASA or our astronauts, they're brave and I wish them a safe return BUT it's kind of funny in a very laughable way how this story is being covered and played out by all parties involved

we have a staple/plastic bag, shimstock, 2 rings and piece of foil floating by the shuttle
wth! not to mention the other junk we've probably left out there, maybe some frozen human waste too, who knows, but all in all it doesn't make for an inviting welcome to any intelligent extraterrestial life, what we probably have are space parasites feeding off our waste up there.

This particular mission has opened my eyes to space exploration and ET in a whole new way and given me more respect for the people willing to risk their lives and go into space.

btw news conference is ongoing.... object floating over the clouds could or couldn't be shimstock and NORAD is still tracking it? anyone hear that?

[edit on 9-20-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I again listening to the briefing and what caught my attention is twice they said it is NOT unusual to see little things outside the craft. If this is so then why are they making a big deal this time doesn't that alone make you curious.

They said Norad tracts about 8,000 objects then he said that might be last years numbers then he said well, they tract thousands. It just amazes me that with all the technology they have they don't know by now.

I just heard there is another briefing at 12:00 Noon E.T.

[edit on 20-9-2006 by observe50]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Okay this is an ermergency situation here. The Space Shuttle Atlantis should go to priority alert status and nudge the Soyuz spacecraft away from the docking port of the I.S.S. and park there without delay. Then phase II will kick off when they prep the secret military shuttle, LIBERTY, to rescue them within a couple of days -- that is if they can find a group of oil drillers, train them to fly the shuttle, and save the planet Earth.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Did anyone capture the pulsating red ring just b4 the first news conference ?
I tried to printscreen itbut the screen came up blank,guess because it was streamed.?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I again listening to the briefing and what caught my attention is twice they said it is NOT unusual to see little things outside the craft. If this is so then why are they making a big deal this time doesn't that alone make you curious.

It is things like this....things that don't add up....self-contradictory things.....that are the tell-tale signs of lying.

With regard to the object flying over the clouds...could it be an asteroid? If it is, it will have to come down somewhere sooner or later, and depending on where it lands, it could pose as much of a problem for those on the ground as for the astronauts. It's critical to keep that thing under constant observation.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Yep, they've spotted even more objects...

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'm glad someone else commented on a 4th object. I thought i was going mad when i saw it and commented on it in the other thread, especially as no one else confirmed they'd seen it too.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Just posted on the other Shuttle thread, I've just been watching a BBC World news report on the mystery objects and they showed some new footage that clearly shows 3 disc objects in a fixed triangular formation (surely debris wouldn't move like that?) and they are spinning around like the youtube clip posted by October. The background is a light bluish colour and the newsreader was saying how it is debris - and I could not believe what I was seeing. It was a fixed triangular formation, spinning.. it showed 'intelligence' - this was not random space junk floating around - this reminded me very much of the Mexican disclosure footage here on Google Video. Not going to get my hopes up too much at the moment, but this is thrilling to watch. I still can't believe how the news reporter was whitewashing the photos on the tv speaking over the top.. almost like "move along, nothing to see here".. oh how I'd love for the 'smoking gun' to just spring out into the open right here right now!

EDIT: just a reminder for all you out there, if you have software like WMRecorder or even something like Snagit and somehow capture the live streaming from NASA TV - I'd love to do it but I'm at the end of my monthly data cap here so anyone with an unlimited broadband connection, if you can somehow record this stuff, I plead you to do so!

[edit on 20-9-2006 by RiotComing]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It's hard for me to believe that they do not know.

I have no doubt that every country on Earth is watching. Fox News just said they still are checking out these Unidentified Flying Objects.

Well, I'M STICKING AROUND TODAY so I'll wait for the Noon Briefing and watch there movements.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
As far as I can see there isn't anything mentioned on the website of BBC World news. Did someone find anything. I can't watch it online. I only following Nasa TV now.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Okay did anyone catch when they showed what looked like the triangle formation of these three objects then on the left side it looked like another object was coming into view and as it was doing so they changed the picture QUICKLY.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Okay did anyone catch when they showed what looked like the triangle formation of these three objects then on the left side it looked like another object was coming into view and as it was doing so they changed the picture QUICKLY.

Yes please......im dying to see some footage of this!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
YES! I was going to mention that too! Hopefully they will repeat the article in the next news hour and I will remember to videotape it this time. Though, knowing my luck I will be all prepared this time and they may never ever show it again. You're dead right, Observe50, I saw that too but didn't want to comment as the triangle was the thing that struck me most.. but yeah there were other objects..

[edit on 20-9-2006 by RiotComing]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
After seeing that I do think we are dealing with UFO's. We need to keep our eyes open to see if anymore objects appear.

I am curious to see what they have for the Noon Briefing.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Here's a site with a pic of those objects in a trianglur position.

Just makes one go .. Hmmmmm....

www.ctv.ca...

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well, if these objects do turn out to be 'prosaic', as JimO likes to say, then they provide crucially needed data for us civilians: REFERENCE POINTS.

Nasa has said that some of these objects are metalic foil and rings, some 100 feet from the shuttle. We can take what we know about ice crystals (think about how bright fresh snow is in the sunlight) and then consider the way these objects appear on camera, and put that into the neverending STS video discussions.

I think NASA is taking these objects very seriously because there is a very strong push to use the available cameras to detect any damage to the shuttle prior to re-entry. They are very nervous, these days, about the shuttle's aerospace integrity. And can you blame them? A hole killed a bunch of brave astronauts. So when they see stuff floating away from the shuttle at a low relative velocity, they think to themselves: "Did that just come off of the shuttle, uh oh." And then they investigate it. And I am glad, because otherwise they might be ignoring evidence of another hole in the shuttle.

I still think all of this shows why we need a new reusable orbital delivery vehicle in the civilian space world. Waiting on the space minivan that is in the works is dangerous because of the age of the shuttles. But it is a gamble we are forced into taking and I think the NASA staff know that quite well. So they are being very cautious.

And a final thought: The fact that the shuttle replacement is a small crew-vehicle interests me because it indicates that a dual-use shuttle payload bay is no longer of interest to the US military.

[edit on 20-9-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
nasa just said theres no apparent damage on the heat shield of atlantis, they still have no clue what these objects are... and said they might not ever know.... personally I think these could be real ufos since nasa sts missions always see's them. But this time it made the mainstream news. According to some like Michael Tsarion were entering the energies of pluto which is a time of revealing and the breaking down of known reality. Maybe were entering a time when these objects will be revealed.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Fox News just showed that picture big and beautiful. I'M SORRY BUT THE FORMATION IS TO PERFECT TO ME TO BE DEBRIS.

The bottom right OBJECT seems to be pulsating. They just showed the picture again it seems two are moving the third isn't. Two seem to be pulsating the bottom right and the fourth one that is not in the triangle formation.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join