It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: NASA tracking object near shuttle!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Which means the object may have "chosen" to show itself. I mean how many radio shows, even ones not deliberately dealing with the subject mention it. I think it's so cool, I told some people I knew that NASA would slip up and the object would appear. So "take that" you all. I'm moving on.

But my question to all the aliens on there, is well, lots of them. I figure out most of what I think may have happened from myth and history books, and accounts on TV, and in the historical record. Sorry, for the bragging, but this too cool.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
lost shaman,

Please don't twist the words though. That says MAY BE delayed, and they gave the reasons why it could be. What I meant by what I said was NO, I do not believe there is an INTENTIONAL and/or CONSTANT delay on the feed.

I haven't twisted anything.

And if you think about it there is a very good reason to have a slight Constant intentional delay on the feed. And that is so the Mothers , Fathers and Wives, Husbands, and Children don't have to watch their Family get killed live , God Forbid anything catastrophic happens.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Cant nasa get close to the objects? cant the astronauts do a space walk atached with cables or are the objects in low orbit?

[edit on 19-9-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
lost shaman,

Why don't you just believe what ever you come up with, ok?

[edit on 9-19-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Valhall,

NASA actually admits to at least a one minute delay in the feed.

quest.nasa.gov...

Yes, but the reasons stated are rather obvious and should be anticipated due to potential system/network bottelnecks and the like, common with Any LIVE feed. Though, as mentioned, they can cut/disrupt that feed at any time.

I'm still catching up with this thread, just thought I'd comment.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
good lord people, calm down and get your panties out of a wad.
its just space debris.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

I think they are taking the opportunity to scream "UFO" in order to down play the earlier and unreported "unknown object" that CMD Pavel Vinogradov reported Sept. 11 2006.

Best post I've read thus far on the thread (haven't read all of the responses yet).

This is pretty common. If there's a legitimate sighting of "something" (even if it's just a black project) then the smartest thing to do is to create something real that's a distraction.Example: The lights over Phoenix. Once word started to get to the government that people had seen something, they fired off a few flares, so they could use that poor flare excuse later. They've done this countless times, and it always seems to work.

It's possible that this is just a coincidence, but if I had to focus on only one thing I'd focus on the earlier "UFO" sighting, not this one.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by river rat
good lord people, calm down and get your panties out of a wad.
its just space debris.

.... What about this....

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm freaking out, because I had a dream that a UFO would get close to a NASA spaceship this Steptember, and it would start something big, because CNN would slip up. There's enough about UFOs 24/7 now on the net and TV. T

hat who or whatever has been flying, and swimming in the oceans with those objects will have to eventually start to make contact again with us as a whole "international community". I don't think they care about religions as much as trying to "keep Earth under some reasonable control".

I wouldn't be afraid to bet the ETs could be sciencist from wherever, and military people to make sure earth people here don't destroy oursleves. And thier own emenies and people to help the grays reproduce or experiment on people for whatever later on.

Otherwise, why would they be so obsessed with water and urianium throughout the planet, except to 1, mine, or 2, protect people from destroying themsleves now! Anyway, I'm excited.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I don't understand why every one is making a big case out of this, the astronauts thought it was a plastic bag because it has the size of it, you all thinking now , little roaches
traveled here in a craft as big as a plastic bag, ohhhh no It must be a drone!!!!!!!!!
I just hope it's not some important pice of the shuttle, like a part of the termal shield, the real worry is another disaster like the previos one , when the space shuttle desitegrated on re-entry.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Jeff williams did ask MCC if there was any news about the "non-reflective" object and NASA didn't dwell too long on the subject. Mind you they're a bit busy what with 12 people in space at the moment...

Excellent pictures posted earlier BTW...pretty interesting looking "bag" if that's in fact all it is.

They're getting ready as well to do further scannings of the exterior of the shuttle with the arm...about 5 minutes away from beginning that...

Then they'll break to cover the docking.

It's pretty cool regardless of whether this "object" is man made or not...

EDITED to correct the actual number of people in space at the moment
Oooopps

[edit on 9/19/2006 by justgeneric]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Considering NASA got millions of photos of these UFO's tucked away somewhere, the governments in cahoots with the aliens, USA as a secret inter-galactic space agency, the army as had a windshield wiper and a broken tailpipe from a crash site since 1947, loads of alien spacecraft told Buzz and Aldrin to 'bugger off our moon!' in 69 and up to 15,000,000 US citizens may be abductees! Now a little bit of dust? Debris? UFO? may or may not be buzzing around a shuttle, I got to ask...

"what's all the fuss about?"

McP

P.S. I just pray they get home safe and sound!

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
One thing I noticed in the video is that the object appears to be moving around rather than in a straight line. I know it can tumble but I thought that If something is in space orbit it would keep moving in the direction it was originally propelled in without deviation as there is no resistance? Could someone please enlighten me on this.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
plasticbag.html

Congratulations. You need more referrals

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I have just found out this morning what's going on and after watching the CNN video I got a major shock because I actually saw this anomoly on NASA TV yeaterday through the live feed, I tried to get a screen capture but don't know where the saved image can be found after i press the print screen button, anyone any ideas??

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by October
I have just found out this morning what's going on and after watching the CNN video I got a major shock because I actually saw this anomoly on NASA TV yeaterday through the live feed, I tried to get a screen capture but don't know where the saved image can be found after i press the print screen button, anyone any ideas??
If you go to the options or prefrences of the program you're capturing with, you should be able to find an area where it will show a save to directory. Then all you have to do is navigate to it.

This basically applies to all programs that capture video/audio/images these days. PC anyway.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by October

if you have xp like me you press printscreen then open paint and click edit/paste and the screen image will open and you can save it. There's a cool program called faststone capture which is free and lets you grab anything from the screen.

I'm amazed at the space debri. Last mission they lost a spatula and this time they lost a nut and bolt. It's possible they left some tools or equipment outside.

TG

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
As I was listening to the briefing something puzzled me. He never said it was a plastic bag, that was just an example of what it might be and he hinted that stuff floating out the cargo bay happened fairly regularly.

If that's the case why make such a big deal about this object?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
A Spatula??!! What were they tailgating up there or something???

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays
if you have xp like me you press printscreen then open paint and click edit/paste and the screen image will open and you can save it. There's a cool program called faststone capture which is free and lets you grab anything from the screen.

I've been on Vista RC1 for a while now and they have something fabulous called the Snipping Tool, which does the same thing, quickly lets you grab something on the screen then save as jpg.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join